Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,858 members, 7,909,219 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:06 PM

Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation (8440 Views)

Two Yoruba Actresses Fight Dirty Over Lesbianism Saga / Lesbianism: Biodun Okeowo And Wura Gold Accuse Each Other [PICS] / Top 30 Best Celebrity Magazine Covers. Which Is Your Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by mukina2: 1:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
Nigeria’s international soul singer, Asa, has described the tale of lesbianism trailing her and her long time manager, Janet Nwose, as a cheap attention-seeking stunt by the peddlers.

The singer and her manager has thus sued a Lagos-based celebrity magazine for defamation. On 23 February, scores of friends and fans of Asa had besieged the Lagos High Court Room 23, to listen to her being cross-examined in what is set to be a landmark defamatory case in Nigeria. But the ever busy singer was conspicuously absent at the crucial stage of the case that began two years ago.

Reacting from her base in France to the global buzz trailing the case, Asa had hit her official twitter handle to react: “there are many amazing things and sad things happening in Africa that we have to focus on, not cheap attention seekers. Go Gwen!”

But despite her absence, Showbiz Trends learnt that she is actually keen to see the case to a logical conclusion to serve as a deterrent to others. Asa was said to have been enraged over the story and was more concerned about its implication on her brand and how the corporate world will perceived her.

Despite her growing global appeal, the singer has not really snagged any major endorsement deal, except a jingle she recorded for one of the leading new generation banks.

In the suit she slammed against publishers of the magazine, Asa urged the court to declare that the statement and picture in the December 14-22 edition of the magazine, entitled: Lesbianism Tale Trails Asa and Manager, was defamatory. She wants the court to declare that the allegation of lesbianism against her and Janet is false, illegal and a violation of their rights.

They are also demanding a compensation of N700million from the writers of the story and urged the court to restrain the defendant from further publication of what they described as malicious statements against them.

Asa and her manager alleged that defamatory statement was calculated to discredit and malign them in their ‘unblemished’ career as international music artists with high moral standing, which they have consistently conveyed in her songs.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/29/lesbianism-saga-why-asa-is-enraged/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Maleeq(m): 1:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
700milla! Thats more loot than her music surely is/has fetched her!!! grin

These tabloids, they'd cook up anything just to sell. . .make una leave me Asa alone o!
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Sagamite(m): 1:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
She should sue their pants off.

Bloody cretins.

No 1, they are scum journalists.

No 2, it is not your business what she does in private as long as she is not shoving it in the public face or insidiously campaigning for homosexuality while claiming/pretending she is straight.

Such news has no public interest value, it is journalistic junk!
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by ingot: 1:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
Haba Asa,  This is too much na!!! She definitely learnt a thing or two from Baba Suwe  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by sammirano: 1:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
she sure know she can't get 20% of that amount. but she aimed high
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by kokoigi: 1:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Nah wa o
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Chinom(m): 2:04pm On Feb 29, 2012
But she's never had a boyfriend na !. E get as e beoo. You don't have to catch 2 women in bed, licking, for one to conclude they're lesbians. There are genuine reasons for that insinuation. Though hard to prove. Make Asa show us her boyfriend.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by sammirano: 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
Chinom:

But she's never had a boyfriend na !. E get as e beoo. You don't have to catch 2 women in bed, licking, for one to conclude they're lesbians. There are genuine reasons for that insinuation. Though hard to prove. Make Asa show us her boyfriend.

you are being irrational.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Sagamite(m): 2:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
Chinom:

What is your business with her boyfriend or her having a boyfriend?
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Chinom(m): 2:19pm On Feb 29, 2012
Sagamite:

None of my business. But can you prove to us you're NOT gay?.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Sagamite(m): 2:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
Chinom:

None of my business. But can you prove to us you're NOT gay?.

Then shut up!
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Chinom(m): 2:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Then shut up!

Is that the proof that you're not a gay ?. How do you prove or disprove such a claim. In fact Sagamite, show us that you will not be sticking your thing in some man's anus tonight. Maybe you can begin to understand the Magazine's viewpoint.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by slimyem: 2:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
700 milla no be small thing o!
where the mag wan take see that kain money?
except they declare bankruptcy,
10% sef she no fit see!
goodluck to her sha!
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by juyifloss(m): 2:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
Chinom shut d hell up
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by babaowo: 2:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
nigeria jounalrumours!!! Live nd let live.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by karpentar: 2:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
Asa and her manager alleged that defamatory statement was calculated to discredit and malign them in their ‘unblemished’ career as international music artists with high moral standing, which they have consistently conveyed in her songs

, in other words, Asa considers lesbianism not to be of high moral standing!!!! Lesbians take note.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Emilo(m): 3:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
juyifloss:

Chinom shut d hell up

Why should he shut up, stupid as it may seem, he has a point, why didn't the magazine pick on Jenifer or Genevieve or Stella Damascus etc, why Asa, ?
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
karpentar:

, in other words, Asa considers lesbianism not to be of high moral standing!!!! Lesbians take note.
stupidest comment to ever surface on NL. What do you mean "Asa considers, "?
Is that supposed to be a stamp of authority. Come on!
I'm actually surprised her argument was from that standpoint. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that group of people to whom you refer, except of course your aim is to argue blindly undecided
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by davelongz: 4:15pm On Feb 29, 2012
There ain‘t no smoke without a fire! It either she‘s denying it becos she‘s not or she‘s denying becos she wants to make money, either way, I‘m just curious,
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
Chinom:

Is that the proof that you're not a gay ?. How do you prove or disprove such a claim. In fact Sagamite, show us that you will not be sticking your thing in some man's anus tonight. Maybe you can begin to understand the Magazine's viewpoint.

You are a cretin!

Why don't you prove to us first you are not a poof!

Emilo:

Why should he shut up, silly as it may seem, he has a point, why didn't the magazine pick on Jenifer or Genevieve or Stella Damascus etc, why Asa, ?

Explain to me what journalistic value or public interest is derived for some junk journalist speculating she is gay.

I wait.

sauer:

I'm actually surprised her argument was from that standpoint. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that group of people to whom you refer, except of course your aim is to argue blindly undecided

There is something wrong with them, they are deviant.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by jspac(m): 4:23pm On Feb 29, 2012
cheesy I just dey pray make these kin journalists fall my trap. grin na dere dem go no say 700 mill na small money.
owu sa gi imaru ife.
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Emilo(m): 4:30pm On Feb 29, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Explain to me what journalistic value or public interest is derived for some junk journalist speculating she is gay.

I wait.

Do we have any fact to comprehensively discard the journalist comments, not to mention the court dispute has been going on for a while.  It could be, the journalist/ newspaper  have made some credible investigations and have facts to back it,

I wonder why she constantly avoid coming to court
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Sirmuell(m): 4:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
Although I love Asa very much and I don't wanna believe she is a Lesbian but the fact still remains she is one!!!!!
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Sagamite(m): 5:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Emilo:

Do we have any fact to comprehensively discard the journalist comments, not to mention the court dispute has been going on for a while.  It could be, the journalist/ newspaper  have made some credible investigations and have facts to back it,

I wonder why she constantly avoid coming to court

We don't have to have facts to discard the journalist's comments. The journalist should be the one with FACTS to BACK UP his/her comments.

Where the fck did they get you from?
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by Sallychizzl3: 7:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
[/color][/b][b]
sauer:

Sauer, u must be gay. Sick group of people, lesbians and gays. Mtcheeeeeeew![color=#990000]
[b][/b]
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by moshoodn(m): 12:08am On Mar 01, 2012
fellabrims:

You are a real CRETIN and GOAT!. . . Leading us to your blog. . . I hope my system did not contact virus. Mtshewww!! ! ! angry angry angry angry
must you swear and curse and rant?

big FOOL!
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by moshoodn(m): 12:13am On Mar 01, 2012
Sagamite:

Then shut up!
ram
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by moshoodn(m): 12:20am On Mar 01, 2012
Sagamite:

gosh! where are you from?
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by lightheart(m): 7:00am On Mar 01, 2012
700milla For a tabloid Na federal govt? Infact she is a les jor!!u wan mountain kill ant!!!
Re: Asa Sues Celebrity Magazine Over Lesbianism Saga, Demands N700m Compensation by InkedNerd(f): 7:36am On Mar 01, 2012
@OP: I personally am indifferent to her being or not being a lesbian just as long as she's not spewing hateful beliefs and trying to marginalize people. It's her music I care about, not her what goes or doesn't go on between her legs.

Chinom:

Seems like you and many others need to get their brains examined. How the hell do you know she's never had a boyfriend? Do you live with her? Are you a part of her circle? Did she reject you in the past? Even if she did, that doesn't mean she's a lesbian. She doesn't need to prove a damn thing to you or anyone else for that matter. Even if she did, there will always be people like you lurking around disputing the validity of her relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

karpentar:

Just because she's suing for defamation of character doesn't mean that she considers homosexuality not to be "of high moral standing". For most human beings, the idea of defending their character against something that is untrue is very natural. If someone called me a racist, pedophilë, tribalist, or any other name that I feel is detrimental to my character or being, and I truly felt that it defamed my character, I would surely defend myself if I felt that I needed to do so. So her choosing to take legal actions on this matter doesn't mean that she has proclaimed a particular stance on the subject of homosexuality.

sauer:

My dear, stüpid was an understatement. I wanna say that I am surprised by her statement but a part of me actually isn't.

Sirmuell:

Although I love Asa very much and I don't wanna believe she is a Lesbian but the fact still remains she is one!!!!!

And you know this because?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Wanna Be, Princess Pemu Flaunts Her Massive Backyard On Instagram / Serena Williams Bootylicious Pic / Wedding Photos: Dangote and Otedola attend Pres. Jonathan's Daughter Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.