Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,194 members, 7,891,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:47 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8319814 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (6963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 6:09am On Oct 11, 2013
@humming, its ok. God will give u the.grace and strength.about ur boys i don't think it will affect them except for the breast milk, they may have to stop taking it if it makes them sick.

my sis and sis in law experienced something similar and they had.to stop breastfeeding coz it was making the baby sick.

u ll be fine. pick dh's call k

@ udoka lol i reject it too o. was teasing u but don't worry God ll give us want we want, 3.0 and 3.5 amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 6:36am On Oct 11, 2013
Marygold, ur story brought tears to my eyes. Its so ....(some1 borrow me english) thank God its a success story. Take care of u and princess.

Humming, hope u feel better today.

Byvan, aw are and d big boy u doing, we are still waiting for your story o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 11, 2013
My gist,i have been feeling malaria symptoms for almost 5 days prior to delivery,i was coming to the thread to kid around so I could forget what my body is feeling.Contractions where coming on and off,i got confused,i don't know if the labour is true or false anymore. I might be contracting,the next minute ,am feeling nothing.It was torturous because the on and off pain and the feverish condition wasn't what I expected,i thought a third baby should be easier.

To add pepper to injury, i couldn't urinate anymore during this period, is as if the baby was blocking the exit.i started using the bathroom,to pee,i do stretches while some pee escapes due to the exercise position.i noticed that while stretching,dancing,bending over,i can actually force some pee out.

By 9th October, i was feeling so sick that hubby told me that we might be preparing our mind to get the baby out by any means since he doesn't want to make up his mind but making me sick,we planned to go to hospital the next day which is 10th,baby's EDD.at after 9pm that same day,i told hubby I need to go lie in the bedroom as I can't hang out in the sitting room anymore, i was feeling too ill.i mounted my bed and started praying,held the tummy and kept muttering, "Your blessings maketh rich and addeth no sorrows",i muttered this for about six minutes and started having the urge to pee.i entered the bathroom and started stretching and squatting to exit pee,next thing, my mucous plug was on the floor and my fever seems to dissappear with the loss of my plug.i told hubby and we were excited that the baby might be born by morning,we started getting the bags ready.Before I could say jack,i was in full blown labour,contractions were wiping me back and forth.We dropped the kids with a neighbor and left for hospital.

When we got there,they checked and said I have to labour more . They left me for 15 or 20mins more,by then I told hubby to call the midwife that I feel like am exploding . She checked and off we went to labour room,first push was as if I was pushing against a rock,no impact.The nurses yelled,"what did you just do?is that a push?you ve done this twice!!!",the next contraction,i gave a very strong one and I could feel the baby exiting head first and then his shoulders got stuck!! embarassed.No contraction to push on, the midwife was trying to pull him but couldn't until another contraction came and I gave her a push, my baby was born.

The midwife was lamenting"why can't she just give birth to her size instead of her husband 's , her previous kids where big blah!blah!blah!!.All these while,we haven't seen the doctor oooo who promised to deliver me himself because am prone to have big babies.She started stitching,without numbing the area ofcourse,she said it ll make stitching difficult for her. They tugged and pulled and stitched as I kept crying,i couldn't scream,no strength. After about an hour plus,i was in the recovery room.Strangely I wasn't even interested in seeing the baby's face,pains has dazzled my senses.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 11, 2013
Thanks very much dear sisters for all your prayers,i wish I can pick the posts one after the other and respond but I can't for now.... . love you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 7:46am On Oct 11, 2013
byvan, that was mind blowing, why didn't they numb the area, some nurses are crooks and wicked, i must say. anyway, its all over, thank God you have a beautiful sweetpie to show for it. Congrats once more. and kiss him for me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tbaby4real(f): 7:49am On Oct 11, 2013
Oh byva, I almost cry reading this.... I don't know why some midwives can be so wicked. I can't imagine the pains you will be going thru. May God keep the baby and his brother's for you. Women are really trying...... What women go thru during labour eh. May God help us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2013
After the delivery,my bladder was filled to the brim but they won't let me urinate.i kept asking them but they kept yelling"forget it for now,we just stitched you ! ! " . My mum called and I told her(she is practising too) , she nearly went nut with vex raining thunder and brimstone on the nurses via phone.she asked to go and pee immediately as not peeing might make me bleed inside or something. I followed my mum's instruction and felt relieved,never peed much quantity of urine before, it could fill a cup for real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2013
Chai byvan, you are indeed a strong woman. If I were you I would have fainted. Thank God for victory. Seriously, naija nurses can behave like they are possessed sometimes. How does numbing makes it difficult to sew?.smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2013
@marygold, congrats once again. Kisses to the lil princess!
@byvan, stitching without numbing shocked , that's so crazy!!! Did u use a general hosp? Cos I think dats how they do over there. Congrats again babes!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 8:26am On Oct 11, 2013
Byvan ur story is really touching thank God u and LO are ok.... As for these nurses one needs to say a special prayer in advance for d kind of nurses that will b with u on ur day of delivery, the ones dat would encourage and not discourage and d ones that would b helpful and understanding... They act as if they r not women or have not gone thru d travails of childbirth... God dey sha
Humming bird how r u today, abeg just relax and take one day @ a time... No b angry @ ur hubby so he won't feel bad... The Lord is ur strength...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2013
beauty?:
byvan, that was mind blowing, why didn't they numb the area, some nurses are crooks and wicked, i must say. anyway, its all over, thank God you have a beautiful sweetpie to show for it. Congrats once more. and kiss him for me.

Am using a private clinic that has been claimed to be the best here,the doctor is good,yankee tested and all but the midwives.........i heard the injection makes the area thicken like kpomo,hence you ve to sow with precision to get it right,they obviously can't afford precision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 11, 2013
One good thing was that she took time to search for all bleeding sites,some ll do a halfassed job and they might have to re stitch again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 11, 2013
@Hummingbird, nothing spoil, just pull yourself together and brace it.Having surplus is always better than not having at all grin ,my friend had a baby exactly 41wks after her first child,had another immediately afterwards,making it three.I understand how you feel but you ll be the one laughing last. Just balance your nutrition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2013
@bvan that's so terrible of the nurses...how can they stich you without numbing the area..are they not human?

Walahi i dont plan to give birth in this country..the stories you hear are just too chilling

Anyways congrats baby is fine and you are too! So your husband is big right?

Welldone..mummy3
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SwitAyi(f): 9:41am On Oct 11, 2013
Wow byvan I can imagine wat u ve been through,pele. Its all 4 good N congrats. Fear don de catch me o because mine is early November. I don't want big baby and couple with d fact that this is my first o. It is well wth us.
Hummingbird be strong,d lord is ur strenght.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baybiemee: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2013
Hummingbird, pls be strong, u r blessed already, God allowed it to happen so he will care for u all d way.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2013
Chei, @byvan... the lord is your strength oh... i just refuse to imagine what you went through...

@favoredgal... so na yankee runs u wan do ba... good for you... hope u ave family around when u put to bed...

Mi, i cherished the sight of seeing my dad, less dan 2hrs after i had my first baby... it made a whole big difference, despite the fact that hubby n i went it to have d baby oh...

My entire clan came to visit me that very day i had my baby (had him at 1pm)... i certainly want this one to be the same way smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 10:14am On Oct 11, 2013
@tobiegal, yes, yankee by his grace

i have my motherinlaw, my sister inlaw and her family and a couple of friends over there..i'll definitely miss my family, mom especially but im sure i will be fine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2013
favored gal: @bvan that's so terrible of the nurses...how can they stich you without numbing the area..are they not human?

Walahi i dont plan to give birth in this country..the stories you hear are just too chilling

Anyways congrats baby is fine and you are too! So your husband is big right?

Welldone..mummy3

My sister he is just not a skinny or fat guy either,if you are igbo,we say ogbara agba(huge kinda).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 10:25am On Oct 11, 2013
@Marygold
What a beautiful story and baby sieze; i trust mine will hv such weight since na same soft touch with me grin. Smokey drinkey - u don see where i belong lol... Yes o my sis He will gv us our heart desires IJN.

@byvan
Thank God for ur life.
Am in d hosp now for antenatal, hv asked d nurse how they stich here incase theres tear...she said they numb d place first. Make una no mind me oo na fear fear mummy abi lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2013
byvan:

My sister he is just not a skinny or fat guy either,if you are igbo,we say ogbara agba(huge kinda).

i am particularly interested cuz my husband is on the big side and he told me he had a dream that i gave birth to a chubby beautiful girl....hmm...

and i'm like how chubby

and he said very chubby for a new baby...i just gave him side eye....this was like 4 weeks ago
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 11:20am On Oct 11, 2013
lolx@favoredgal... you don enter one chance!!! grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2013
fnor:
Humming bird how r u today, abeg just relax and take one day @ a time... No b angry @ ur hubby so he won't feel bad... The Lord is ur strength...

Thank you all for the words and support kiss I rily apriciate it...what would I have done without you all.

Hubby sha came to meet me wia I was xtanyt,he ws almost in tear wen he saw me embarassed,he jst tod me we r in dis together,he loves me,we r going to go tru al the stages together bla bla bla undecided..all the same,a part of me felt relived. He took me home and forced me to eat, gave me one injection dat I woke up 9am ds morning.

I dnt know if I can stop breasfeeding dos boys yet,they are way too young sad how will they cope?? Pls wat shd I do?

What am rily scared of is going tru 9mths of stress,labour..I dnt even wnt to tink about it

As for the help,I called my younger sis dis mawnin,she must be in Lagos dis wikend since ASUU is on strike so she can join my cozin till I will be able to get a househelp.
Once again,thank you all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2013
Ok, done with my gynea. Decided to ask the weight of baby at last two wks scan, he said 1.5kg...but i shd expect it to double at 37wks and increase if baby delays. Complained i added more than expected weight, so shd watch it if i dont want big baby. God help me so d baby comes in 6wks time IJN. Make una say a Big Amen ooo. Luv ya!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2013
Byvan ur birth story kind of humbled me i feel like cryin awwwwwwwwww how can those nurses be like that, its so painful, im almost afraid now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2013
udoka, 1.5kg at 31 weeks is not bad jare...but its in these last weeks that they add rapidly so if you watch it i think you are good to go

you can use this chart as a guide
http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2013
@hummingbird
Thats a good one. God wl gv u all d strength u need.

Thank you favouredgal. I will check d link asap. D scan was done at 30wks. The fear of big baby is d beginning of...:ahahaha complete am. Makem dem fat outside d womb abegi.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2013
I'm in trouble o, my baby was 1.2 kg at 28 week scan. May God help me o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettytrust: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2013
@humming I remember wen I. Came complainin abt me pregnant n havin a. 3mths baby in my hand but nw am 28wks n she is. 10mths nw n I breastfeed her till she was 8mths n bf 9mths she can walk n talk very well her mouth is very sharp,u willnt even blieve she is abt to senior so my advice is keep breastfeeding dem n u ned to eat more nw n rest n u also need a helping hand toor..all is well dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Hummingbird, pls dont worry God will help u keep the boys He's been the one watching over them anyways, so worry not. Thank God u've resolved things with ur hubby its better u carry it together than bug ursef alone. Dont worry dear just rest well and do wot u can for ur boys.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2013
@ Hummingbird how body? please try and relax this kind of thing happens all the time, I was also scared when i discovered that i had conceived again in April because i felt my son was too young, and then the possible stress i will go through with the pregnancy. I and hubby went ahead to see a gynae, who reassured, encouraged and adviced us on how to go about everything. I started the weaning process(reducing the no of times I breastfeed him) then and finally weaned him in last month and so far the pregnancy has been stress free. As someone posted earlier, try and employ a help and leave every thing to God.

@ Rukemi, no b laff u dey laff me, wetin u go talk for Hummingbird case now grin.

@ Udoka and co. with my first son i really watched what i ate and my son also co-operated cheesy and weighed 2.8kg at birth, but the WICKED nurse that attended to me at the general hospital still used a blade on me, she gave me a really bad one almost to my anus cry. (after everything n work i did) Kai with cases like marigold's I really do feel like going back to the hosp to give the nurse a piece of my mind.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baybiemee: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2013
@ hummingbird, don't worry this new pregnancy won't stress u at all, u will find it easier throughout the stages and Labour too.
As for d breastfeeding, if u decide to discontinue u can give d boys very good formula, and they will be just fine, I know of some babies that refused breast milk on their own as early as 3 months and they did just fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (6963) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.