Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,856 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8288411 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) (2591) (2592) (2593) ... (6962) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
Naomi14:
Hello Mamas, please when is the appropriate time/month to start buying baby things cos am just seeing lovely baby things and tempted to buy. Am 18weeks.
my edd partner hw far?hp baby is rolling fine?

u can buy anytime as long as its convinient for u.its easy to move around at the 2nd trimester nd also get to see lovly tins unexpectedly nd u wunt av to go tru excess spending later.its easier buying in bits nd kippinig them.

if u dnt know d sex of ur baby yet then buy unisex or neutral colours .happy shopping

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Naomi14:
Hello Mamas, please when is the appropriate time/month to start buying baby things cos am just seeing lovely baby things and tempted to buy. Am 18weeks.
I don't think there's a particular time o. Me i want to start buying small so it doesn't stress me financially and physically. The problem is i dont have a list to guide me. #Teammay
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
realdentist:

lol. u obviously didn't see that I was joking. that's why I said lol. lol
pardon my response.its slip of d eyes.i actually use glasses nd omitted seeing d LOL.no vex.na condition cause am. i cant stand d protest against my plantain cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BellaElla(f): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Feddy27 teamie your family is cute. I remember you now, bluebell house abi cheesy cheesy cheesy
Iomoge2 Hwa to you and hubby. With his size nonody dare find your trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phundek(f): 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
Yesitsme:
yes ooo...u too much talk grin yes ooo...u too talk but e make sense

no mind me.talking is my hobby. wink grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
iomoge2:

They r welcome.... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

As long as they pay fine..... 5 goat head 4 isi ewu per December baby born in November.

that's really Good, atleast there will be enough meat in the house, please dont forget my share oo, i like meat fah
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummykyrti(f): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
jazzyjazz:
I de Waka like duck fowl cheesy cheesy cheesy

e clear!! more greese to ur elbow dearie...mothers are blessed!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
@enque, beautiful you are.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
iomoge2:
Its our anniversary.... yayayyayay kiss kiss kiss

Happy anniversary dearie! Your marriage shall blossom from glory to glory
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
airforcewife:

Feddy..27 oh myyyyyy You have a veryyyy beautiful family...i would have married Fedoras brother naaa cheesy cheesy cute fine boy! Baby Fedora looking so adorable.. You are blessed with fineness in this famil ohh wink

Kikikikikikiki

Thanks my darling...lol @ Fedora's brother...he's available for ur daughter wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
BellaElla:
Feddy..27 teamie your family is cute. I remember you now, bluebell house abi cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes o! Bluebell house, ehhhhh! See anoda person dat knows me o...oya reveal ur identity to me sharperly grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Am fine o! All glory to God! Hope you are both good? Thank you lemme be shopping small small.
realtalk19:

my edd partner hw far?hp baby is rolling fine?

u can buy anytime as long as its convinient for u.its easy to move around at the 2nd trimester nd also get to see lovly tins unexpectedly nd u wunt av to go tru excess spending later.its easier buying in bits nd kippinig them.

if u dnt know d sex of ur baby yet then buy unisex or neutral colours .happy shopping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
Abi teamie! Thank you! I browsed the list on nairaland things to buy and googled some. Maybe you should try that.
nwarosa:
I don't think there's a particular time o. Me i want to start buying small so it doesn't stress me financially and physically. The problem is i dont have a list to guide me. #Teammay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
lol....u no worwor jor...haba!

olamitie:
Thanks, will try the gaviscon.Some nurses can be so dramatic.
See as enque fine, na wa O shey na only me worwor for bele Ni cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AwesomeGodIAv: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
As I don get alerts God win!!!!

Oya oooooooo I don born ooo.

Favouredmom, I told u ooo sey as e dey do me
I don port o!

33 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamacajah: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
AwesomeGodIAv:

I don port o!

congratulations teamie, yeah December mamas have started dropping oh. Welcome to our world baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamacajah: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
double post.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
AwesomeGodIAv:

I don port o!
Congratulation teamie, December mama dropping it hot!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Naomi14:
Abi teamie! Thank you! I browsed the list on nairaland things to buy and googled some. Maybe you should try that.
Yea i have done that too. Also found a site that sells barely used stuff. They have some nice items

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
Congrats ma'am

AwesomeGodIAv:

I don port o!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Here is the list as posted by one mama several months ago. This should guide you

Baby list - edit as you wish 

Clothing
8 one-piece outfits or onesies (mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeve)
5 nightgowns (for use until the cord falls off)
8 one-piece sleepsuits
5 pairs of pants/ dresses
2 newborn hats
12 pairs of socks or booties, to wear with nightgowns and outfits
2 pairs of mittens, to keep baby from scratching face
3-5 (or more) outfits for dressing up

Blankets
3 large cotton blankets
8 receiving blankets (also used as burp cloths)

Breastfeeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
Breast pump (manual or electric)
Milk storage containers
Nursing pillow (not essential)
Nursing bras (if buying before baby is born, buy one cup size larger than your pregnant bra size)
Breast pads (disposable or washable)
Lotion or ointment for sore Tips (lanolin-based is best)
Breast pad. Lansino or tommy tippe brand.

Formula feeding
Lots of bibsml 
Burp cloths
8 four-ounce bottles with Tips
6 eight-ounce bottles with Tips
Bottle and Tip brush
Formula (be sure to check expiry date)
Thermal bottle carrier
Thermal flask

Diapering
One box or two bags of newborn-size diapers (Don’t buy too many in advance in case your baby is large or grows quickly)
diaper bag
Changing pad
Baby ointment or barrier cream to prevent rash
Disposable wipes or washcloths for cleaning baby’s bottom

Bathtime
1 plastic infant tub
1 cup or bowl to pour water
4 washcloths, not used on baby’s bottom
Baby soap or cleanser
Baby shampoo (optional)
Dettol or savlon (optional)
Baby lotion/ cream
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels

Sleeping
If you are using a crib:
Crib and crib mattress
3 waterproof mattress covers
4 fitted cribsheets
4 light blankets that fit in the crib
If sleeping with parents:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed)
3 waterproof pads to place under baby
Light blanket (keep away from baby’s head)

Other necessities
Infant carseat
Baby rocker
Wrapper/wrapping cloth and Oja
Nail clippers or scissors (or just bite off baby’s nails as needed)
Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
Baby thermometer

Hope we have started shopping? Don't forget to group your items so you don't miss out anything. Example:
1. Diapering - Diapers(disposable or reusable), wipes, diaper cream (vaseline, sudocream, desitin)
2. Bath time essentials - wash cloths, body wash, lotion, baby oil, hair oil, towels, bath set, alcohol i.e. methylated spirit(for umblical cord cleaning)
3. Feeding - breast feeding essentials (breast pump, breast pads, nursing bra, milk storage bottles), baby formula, bibs, bottle feeding essentials (bottles, sterilizer-microwave or electric; hot water flask)
4. Clothing - onesies (bodysuits and sleepsuits), nice clothes, hair accessories for baby girls, socks, mittens, blanket, flannels
5. Gears - Car seat, swings
6. Furniture - baby cot, beddings

nwarosa:

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by buccee: 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
AwesomeGodIAv:

I don port o!

Congrats teamie,
Wow its team December turn.
Oya next...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Abeg which site?

nwarosa:
Yea i have done that too. Also found a site that sells barely used stuff. They have some nice items
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
grin grin grin
Thank u thank u

mummykyrti:
e clear!! more greese to ur elbow dearie...mothers are blessed!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
realtalk19:

pardon my response.its slip of d eyes.i actually use glasses nd omitted seeing d LOL.no vex.na condition cause am. i cant stand d protest against my plantain cheers!
Hahahahahha@protest against ur plantain.. Plz easy on my capo...lol..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotmomma(f): 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
My people my people, happy anniversary iomoge2, God bless your home, beautiful family uve got feddy27 God bless you nwanne.
Enque and awesomegodIav, congrats mamas, enjoy the vigilante and pls get as much help and as much sleep as you can cos 3hrs sleep now is a big luxury grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Abeg which site?

Thanks for the list. Great help. i posted it yesterday www.zadobkiddies.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
My dear buy as u de see am o! It will be a whole lot easier for you financially and energy wise now than when you're heavy!
If I bin de buy small small that time, I for don shop finish by now

If u dont know the sex of your baby, buy unisex items

Naomi14:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Oh didn't see it yesterday. Thank u for reposting

nwarosa:
i posted it yesterday www.zadobkiddies.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Thank you @Jazzyjazz for the list. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Okay I will check it out. Thank you!
nwarosa:
Thanks for the list. Great help. i posted it yesterday www.zadobkiddies.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) (2591) (2592) (2593) ... (6962) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: velocity259 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.