Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8287916 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2675) (2676) (2677) (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) ... (6962) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BellaElla(f): 10:29am On Jan 04, 2017
realdentist:
mamas that have gone on maternity leave before, pls how many weeks' notice did u give ur work place before starting your leave? abeg I don tire to drag myself to work everyday. will b 36 weeks by d end of d month and I want to start my leave 1st Feb. when is d right time to apply please?

You should have notified them by now, so that if they need to get a temporary stand in for you, they can. Notify them ASAP abi u wan call the from hospital after u don born? grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Rotavirus vaccine for infants....helps to prevent diarrhea and d likes.

First dose is taken at 6 weeks smiley

callola:
Abeg, make una no laf my ignorance ooo, wetin be ROTA? embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 10:49am On Jan 04, 2017
fruitfulvine360:

It was 12,600,as at January 2016, wen I registered der sha, dunno if dollar ish wuld hv affected d reg fee too, d fee includes costs for tests, scan..... But hv to go along wt a scan result. Hope it helps

Thanks, you mean a scan result from outside for registration?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Rukkington:

Reg is #12500. #1200 for every appointment and #100 for pcv Booking is done every Wednesday

OK thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:54am On Jan 04, 2017
Cc callola

MumFiyin:

pls pls get the vaccine for ur daughter. My son didn't take the Rota Vaccine, he had acute diarrhea shortly after his 1st bday and it was a terrible time for us. He pooped more dan 50 times in like 5 days had terrible diaper rash, lost a lotta weight, was weak and dehydrated. He wld cry so much whenever he pooped and he became scared of water cos we cldnt use wipes so once u carry him to the bathroom, he would start wailing. We eventually spent more than we wld have paid for the vaccine had we taken it.

Attached is a picture of his bum. ( Thanks to Sebamed Special Healing Cream, it cleared in days)

I hope dis helps u ma'am and all other mamas thinking its not necessary..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizMyColi(f): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2017
enque:
Try kupa medical centre at ajao estate (olabode street)...they have but it's a bit pricey.

Thanks Sis
At R.Jolad it is 10,500

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2017
I and lo are fyn feddy27. Tanks zimunachimdi for checking on us. And oda mamas, hapi new year oo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2017
Congrats mama suzy......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 11:21am On Jan 04, 2017
enque:
Rotavirus vaccine for infants....helps to prevent diarrhea and d likes.

First dose is taken at 6 weeks smiley

oh thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2017
BellaElla:

You should have notified them by now, so that if they need to get a temporary stand in for you, they can. Notify them ASAP abi u wan call the from hospital after u don born? grin
OK ma. tnx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2017
Depends on the policy but I suggest you give more time for after baby comes. My company is 12 weeks, you can apply anytime from 6 weeks before EDD. I'm starting Feb 1st and EDD is Feb 5th. I have already notified for proper handover

realdentist:
mamas that have gone on maternity leave before, pls how many weeks' notice did u give ur work place before starting your leave? abeg I don tire to drag myself to work everyday. will b 36 weeks by d end of d month and I want to start my leave 1st Feb. when is d right time to apply please?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Depends on the policy but I suggest you give more time for after baby comes. My company is 12 weeks, you can apply anytime from 6 weeks before EDD. I'm starting Feb 1st and EDD is Feb 5th. I have already notified for proper handover

tanx mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fruitfulvine360(f): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2017
Dazzle86:

Thanks, you mean a scan result from outside for registration?
Yes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
Wow, finally... I have been unable to log on to nairaland with my phone. How is every one doing? Hope we are all fine. Ok, its time to post my birth story.

At my 40weeks appointment labour has still not started, the doctor said he won't check if I am dilated, that it is better for me to go into labour naturally, he said he'll give me one extra week b4 any other intervention. I went home, praying that labour should come b4 then, but still there's no sign of labour. Scan edd was 19 of dec, hospital gave me dec 23, second scan gave jan 4th. I was praying baby will come on december 25th. On the 27th of december I went for my antenatal visit, still with no sign of labour and I was 40wks+5days already. Went to see the doctor, he was still unwilling to do a vaginal check, he said he'll give me two extra days, I didn't wnt it to enter the new year. As we were talking the matron who owns the hospital came in, she checked my card and asked me to lie down, she measure my bump and was about leaving, I told her to check me, she said oya come nw since u are tired of the pregnancy, she did a vaginal sweep and told the doctor to insert a catheter for me, I went to the hospital with my son on that day, so the fixed the catheter and told me to go home and come bk with my bags, I was told to come bk immediately the catheter falls off. I didn't go home immediately, I went to the market, I was at the market when the catheter fell off, I rushed home, behold when I got home there was no one at home, brother inlaw left with key, and my key was just ontop my sons drawer, I had to look for a way to bring it out through the window. Fast forward to when I went bk to the hospital. I was induced at 4pm, was having mild contractions, was even thinking that by 11pm at most I would have delivered, the nurse even thought I'll deliver that 27th, but night came I started having strong and very painful contractions, the contractions were so painful that I cnt describe it, the contractions were like 4 to 3 minutes apart, but labour was not progressing, they checked I was still 6cm, I have not experienced such pain like dat in my life, I was induced with my first son, but approximately 5hrs I gave birth to him. My mother in law was there in the hospital with me praying, hubby went home to be with our son. Called my pastor to pray with me, one of my pastors even came to pray with me in the hospital. I was having serious contractions and even a painful bowel movement alongside with the contractions, though I thought I emptied my bowels that tuesday morning. I started asking myself why I even told them that I want to be induced, I was praying that It shouldn't end in a c-section, the nurse will come and check, they kept saying my cervix was thick and labour wasn't progressing, as if say no be the same cervix I take born my first baby. In the morning the contractions became worse, I though I'll pass out, I was like 8cm dilated then, I was so pressed, they won't allow me have a poo. Once the contractions come like dis, I'll start pulling my hair, hit my hand on the wall, shift the bed and scream like I was dying, gosh it was too painful. They put that pitocin in my I.V severally, I cnt even count how many they put. The nurse that was afternoon the previous day that thought I'll give birth that day, came again for morning duty, she was surprised that I was still in labour. We were 3 in labour, I met two women there and their labour was not progressing also, mine was even trying, cos the other lady was still in 3cm even after a lot drugs they inserted in her cervix. When it was time to push, I pushed twice and yeah I pooped also, b4 the baby came out, the nurse gave me a cut, as the baby small reach (2.5kg) delivered her at 9:33 on the 28 of december. They stitched me without even numbing the area, it was so painful. Infact for 4days I was still unable to walk. But I thank God for his grace, that nothing happened to my daughter and I. God has been faithful, can't really express hw happy I am now. God is wonderful. Her name is iyenoma which means goodnews

34 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AyPortable1(f): 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
Thank God it ended in praise.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by switlolly27(f): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Yesitsme:
first or second child? this is my second.
I put τ̅☺ bed september(second child) and I took it after delievery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
fruitfulvine360:
Yes
Alrighty
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ftmum: 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
Good afternoon my adorable preggy mummies.

My May Teamies is I sight you grin cheesy grin

I have a question to ask ooooo

I cant use any drugs with ordinary water right from when I was a kid sad sad sad sad sad sad (sobs)

If it's not with swallow, it must be with drink

Now that I'm preggy

I have been using drink but will dilute it with water in my first trimester . now I'm 21 weeks I now use milk to use my drugs (please don't abuse me)

I'm I okay? Is there anything I can use to take my drugs apart from water or should I continue with the milk ?

Thank you all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kataleya(f): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=MumFiyin post=52507008

Pls pls pls get the vaccine for ur daughter. My son didn't take the Rota Vaccine, he had acute diarrhea shortly after his 1st bday and it was a terrible time for us. He pooped more dan 50 times in like 5 days had terrible diaper rash, lost a lotta weight, was weak and dehydrated. He wld cry so much whenever he pooped and he became scared of water cos we cldnt use wipes so once u carry him to the bathroom, he would start wailing. We eventually spent more than we wld have paid for the vaccine had we taken it.

Pls sabi mamas I have a question concerning this. I have a friend whose son is going through this phase, he's 14 months abt to be weaned when all of a sudden he started stooling and vomiting. The vomiting has stopped but the diarrhea continued and as a result he's loosing weight fast. I am sure he was not given this drug , (he wasnt born in the hospital and both parents are not aware of rota) and now they can't even afford to take him to the hospital cos things are tight for them, any home remedy I can recommend for her?

Pls don't jump and pass
Cc zaynie, coldfeet, mumfiyin, soonest and all sabi mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
switlolly27:
I put τ̅☺ bed september(second child) and I took it after delievery
how much pls? so I can take it after I deliver? where was ur ante natal pls?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EsteemedB(f): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hello everyone! want to thank everyone(jazzyjazz,SisNini,Omoge) for your posts and comments on this thread.Been helpful with my depression(,unwanted pregnancy).,gave birth to a baby boy on the 18th Dec via induction.Have not been able to post all this while due to depression and baby busy things.don't know how i will cope can barely feed myself.wen I look at my boy,jus want to have a tiny little hope. thanks everyone for your posts/comments.God bless you all and your LOs.N to those about to offload,God bless you n keep you and your LOs.

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hi, Milk is a good source of calcium so you're fine. I also don't take drugs with water, you're better than me sef I've been using soft drinks or ribena (just a sip, enough to swallow the tablets)
It's better to use milk than not to take the drugs at all

ftmum:

I cant use any drugs with ordinary water right from when I was a kid sad sad sad sad sad sad (sobs)

Now that I'm preggy

I have been using drink but will dilute it with water in my first trimester . now I'm 21 weeks I now use milk to use my drugs (please don't abuse me)

I'm I okay? Is there anything I can use to take my drugs apart from water or should I continue with the milk ?

Thank you all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kataleya, fermented foods help to stop diarrhea

Ogi: home made.
Half cooked, half raw ( with the omi-dun). Mix together and feed baby.

Home made kunu

Yoghurt; unsweetened.

Garri ijebu. Let it steep in water, no sugar.

Lots and lots of water and ORS.
I hope they boil his water and maintain good hygiene?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
EsteemedB:
Hello everyone! want to thank everyone(jazzyjazz,SisNini,Omoge) for your posts and comments on this thread.Been helpful with my depression(,unwanted pregnancy).,gave birth to a baby boy on the 18th Dec via induction.Have not been able to post all this while due to depression and baby busy things.don't know how i will cope can barely feed myself.wen I look at my boy,jus want to have a tiny little hope. thanks everyone for your posts/comments.God bless you all and your LOs.N to those about to offload,God bless you n keep you and your LOs.

My dear Mama, d Lord is ur strength. DD I hear u say unwanted-. Day is coming, u wil look back and be laughing at wat u goin thru now. Ur baby is a blessing to you and wen u look at him, just be grateful. There is tendency for depression to set in for every1 after delivery wt d vigilante.
Thank God dis thread has been a source of encouragement t you. Be strong mama. You can do it. God bless you and ur baby boy too, give u all d strength u need to be there for ur baby.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ftmum: 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hi, Milk is a good source of calcium so you're fine. I also don't take drugs with water, you're better than me sef I've been using soft drinks or ribena (just a sip, enough to swallow the tablets)
It's better to use milk than not to take the drugs at all

Thanks boo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hello Mamas,

I got these pampers diapers (size 2 and 3) as gifts but I already have plenty Molfix which I am presently using. I don't wanna just keep them at home n not use them so I want to give it to anyone who needs it.

send me a PM if u r interested.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
EsteemedB:
Thank God for u. Pls don't be depressed. just take it one day at a time. It may seem difficult now but several years from now, when you look back you will be glad u had him. look inwards and think of something u can do to earn some income. do u hv a skill? certificate?
may God make it easier for u

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
Your own is good nau! At least milk contains calcium. Me I use any drink available ribena, malt, hollandia yoghurt etc I never see your edd grin
ftmum:

Now that I'm preggy

Thank you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hello House, Happy New Year to you all. A big congrats to mamas that have already dropped and wishing all waddling mamas a smooth ride and healthy baby at the end. Please for mamas staying around Berger or its environs which hospital can i register at for antenatal? Suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
AbbynHummy:
Wow, finally... I have been unable to log on to nairaland with my phone. How is every one doing? Hope we are all fine. Ok, its time to post my birth story.

At my 40weeks appointment labour has still not started, the doctor said he won't check if I am dilated, that it is better for me to go into labour naturally, he said he'll give me one extra week b4 any other intervention. I went home, praying that labour should come b4 then, but still there's no sign of labour. Scan edd was 19 of dec, hospital gave me dec 23, second scan gave jan 4th. I was praying baby will come on december 25th. On the 27th of december I went for my antenatal visit, still with no sign of labour and I was 40wks+5days already. Went to see the doctor, he was still unwilling to do a vaginal check, he said he'll give me two extra days, I didn't wnt it to enter the new year. As we were talking the matron who owns the hospital came in, she checked my card and asked me to lie down, she measure my bump and was about leaving, I told her to check me, she said oya come nw since u are tired of the pregnancy, she did a vaginal sweep and told the doctor to insert a catheter for me, I went to the hospital with my son on that day, so the fixed the catheter and told me to go home and come bk with my bags, I was told to come bk immediately the catheter falls off. I didn't go home immediately, I went to the market, I was at the market when the catheter fell off, I rushed home, behold when I got home there was no one at home, brother inlaw left with key, and my key was just ontop my sons drawer, I had to look for a way to bring it out through the window. Fast forward to when I went bk to the hospital. I was induced at 4pm, was having mild contractions, was even thinking that by 11pm at most I would have delivered, the nurse even thought I'll deliver that 27th, but night came I started having strong and very painful contractions, the contractions were so painful that I cnt describe it, the contractions were like 4 to 3 minutes apart, but labour was not progressing, they checked I was still 6cm, I have not experienced such pain like dat in my life, I was induced with my first son, but approximately 5hrs I gave birth to him. My mother in law was there in the hospital with me praying, hubby went home to be with our son. Called my pastor to pray with me, one of my pastors even came to pray with me in the hospital. I was having serious contractions and even a painful bowel movement alongside with the contractions, though I thought I emptied my bowels that tuesday morning. I started asking myself why I even told them that I want to be induced, I was praying that It shouldn't end in a c-section, the nurse will come and check, they kept saying my cervix was thick and labour wasn't progressing, as if say no be the same cervix I take born my first baby. In the morning the contractions became worse, I though I'll pass out, I was like 8cm dilated then, I was so pressed, they won't allow me have a poo. Once the contractions come like dis, I'll start pulling my hair, hit my hand on the wall, shift the bed and scream like I was dying, gosh it was too painful. They put that pitocin in my I.V severally, I cnt even count how many they put. The nurse that was afternoon the previous day that thought I'll give birth that day, came again for morning duty, she was surprised that I was still in labour. We were 3 in labour, I met two women there and their labour was not progressing also, mine was even trying, cos the other lady was still in 3cm even after a lot drugs they inserted in her cervix. When it was time to push, I pushed twice and yeah I pooped also, b4 the baby came out, the nurse gave me a cut, as the baby small reach (2.5kg) delivered her at 9:33 on the 28 of december. They stitched me without even numbing the area, it was so painful. Infact for 4days I was still unable to walk. But I thank God for his grace, that nothing happened to my daughter and I. God has been faithful, can't really express hw happy I am now. God is wonderful. Her name is iyenoma which means goodnews
Goodnews shall not cease in your home. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
ftmum:

Now that I'm preggy

Thank you all
Hehehe so i'm not alone in this. I dont just know how to use drugs and i dont think i can. I have been taking my drugs with milk/drinks but my facial expression is usually so funny to DH that sometimes "in his mind" he will even be demonstrating to me how to use it lol. D koko is that the drugs is going down sha whatever method to me oo is acceptable. So go on with ur milk o grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2675) (2676) (2677) (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) ... (6962) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Crestaria and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.