Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,065 members, 7,939,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26380 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by xwolverine: 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2012
here is a sample of what i am suggesting, i made some changes to the css

I will do it for free if u send me the demo css file

cheers

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by klas(m): 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2012
Cant one retain log-in in this NL2? Once you close the browser, you have to log in again

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by fred2265: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2012
I like it smiley
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2012
From Forum >>>> Social Networking >>>>>> (Still loading 0%)Lets see what will happen in the next 7 years grin
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by playmode(m): 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2012
One Word: Terrible

what were you thinking?

The old nairaland is fine for me.i won't be visiting nairaland anymore if you keep this new setup?

Why don't you use vbulletin instead of this free forum software,that has better templates than this open source one you are using.This is 10 steps backwards.

The color scheme is painful to the eyes and the comments list is just confusing.I will never get used to this please bring back the old nairaland that had a better setup than this.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2012
klas: Cant one retain log-in in this NL2? Once you close the browser, you have to log in again
Check ur browsing settins. Mine doesn't log out.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by duduspace(m): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
If this is your response to Facebook timeline, I might have to reconsider my association with this website. This colour scheme is hideous and has sent my work colleague who was passing by into an epilectic fit, infact I hereby make a solemn declaration to myself not to post until this colour scheme is changed. Colour scheme aside, I personally love change.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Dyt(f): 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
Bimfo:
Is an insult but i dint take it as an insult because I dint remember askin u to be my wife... Or asking u i am searching 4 a wife[check my age to yours] and am nt use to sending Friend request on NL.. If u feel like insulting, u dont have to do it harshly.

Didn't say anyth of such sir, u myt think dere s a familiarity n wanna extend, hubby s very jealous
Wz actually jst sayin cos he myt likely blow out ur eyes
Wz jst preventin u frm bein beaten sir
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by xwolverine: 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
here is the full screen preview

-------------------------

-------------------------

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by OAM4J: 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
More than 70% of the complaints here will be addressed if Seun just get a good graphic artist to suggest a good color theme and font.

But if this is Seun favorite color, we prolly just have to get used to it, am thinking of getting a light-shade, except that people in my office might think something is wrong with me wearing a light-shade in the office. undecided
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by slinkky(m): 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2012
I don't like this new nairaland
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2012
i just puked on seeing this NL2
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by desperatem(m): 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
Personally I like changes, but i suggest there should be option switch to the formal NL theme. Take yahoo for instance you can switch to yahoo classic (first version) if you don't like the beta version of yahoo.

Please put back the smiley tab

P.S: Seun please work people's suggestion
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by darne(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
WE DONT LIKE THIS NEW NAIRALAND ....Period !!! angry angry
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Chongaiman: 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2012
Love it. One man's meat.... I wonder how those who view their number of posts as life achievements would now feel.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by aca77: 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
This is a disaster. Whatever happened to updated topics? The followed tab is ridiculous as it contains even topics that are not updated, and everything is lumped up and confusing. I can't believe the owner (as seun proudly likes to call himself) of the site would go ahead and impose this on everybody as if we do not matter. Seems he is taking it for granted that traffic to the site is guarantteed whether we like it or not. Success does get to the head doesnt it. But then pride goes before a fall.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by kiara11: 10:06pm On Mar 11, 2012
The old one said to nigerians and 'friends of nigeria'
This one doesn't want friends? I now feel like an intruder.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by oadeyeye: 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun,

Its not all about how well you can code, you need to understand website accessibility(navigation, Aesthetics, usability). The previous system was better than the supposed "improved version". I rather have you say Nairaland 2.0 user testing is on than say it's "Live".
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dekung(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2012
Thanx but no thanks. When do we have the old nairaland back?. This new one is straining the eye, there are just too many colours and the background id too bright, the navigation buttons are not easy to find, smileys are missing and it's difficult to differentiate quotes from responses or fresh posts.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dekung(m): 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2012
Thanx but no thanks. When do we have the old nairaland back?. This new one is straining the eye, there are just too many colours and the background id too bright, the navigation buttons are not easy to find, smileys are missing and it's difficult to differentiate quotes from responses or fresh posts.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dekung(m): 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dekung(m): 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dekung(m): 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by solomto(f): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2012
dekung: Thanx but no thanks. When do we have the old nairaland back?. This new one is straining the eye, there are just too many colours and the background id too bright, the navigation buttons are not easy to find, smileys are missing and it's difficult to differentiate quotes from responses or fresh posts.
ths ur replies are getin out of hand,almost six haba.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Excelboi(m): 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2012
^^^ dekung,re u ok? 5 same post at a time! Part of new nairaland problem.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by solomto(f): 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2012
The former one background is beta than ths bt wat i luv in ths is easy quoting and able to see the number of users on a particular topic u are into. If he cn combine ths new feature to the former one,i think it wld be great.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2012
Dyt:

Didn't say anyth of such sir, u myt think dere s a familiarity n wanna extend, hubby s very jealous
Wz actually jst sayin cos he myt likely blow out ur eyes
Wz jst preventin u frm bein beaten sir
Anything u say, ur choice. But i dint say, i was looking 4 a wife, when my studies is there to disturb me. [End of Discussion from you. Lets face the topic and not go on beefing. U r bigger than that.]
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by samstradam: 11:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun: Hello Guys,

"Nairaland 2.0" aka "New Nairaland" aka "NL2" is now the default version of Nairaland. What do you think? Ask me any question and I'll post the answer on this thread.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Nice work Seun but the color scheme is a serious problem- it just seems to be too much going on and thus all the hurting eye comments. That's the main flaw but a tiny one IMO is this page 0- not sureI seen this in any forum and now I know why.

Good job over all but please please change the colour scheme ASAP.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by kaysy(m): 11:21pm On Mar 11, 2012
Just as the name sounds "Nairaland" plz Seun make the land as green as it used to be
OBSERVATION:
1. the "Go Up" and "Go Down" button is no more there for us to click
2. Our signatures dont show at the bottom of our posts again
3. Please return to the old Nairaland and maybe add some features to make it more interesting
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by naptu2: 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
It's almost perfect. The only thing missing is the E-mails notifying me of new posts on threads that I'm following. Keep up the good work.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2012
How does the light affect your eyes? Do y'all have photophobia? Its cool! I love it. You people should adapt or start your own "dumbland" forums.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by docjuli(m): 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2012
The change is great.

Just as I mentioned in my earlier post:

I Will like to see new features like getting an alert when your name is mentioned in any thread whether you are following that topic or not. Companies will be able to register with a fee for that feature such that when their names are mentioned on NL, they receive an alert in order to monitor the discussion. Even individuals too.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Transformation Of A Suicidal Obese Man To 'Mr Muscle' (PHOTOS / Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) / Please Help; Everybody Thinks I'm Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.