Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,777 members, 7,969,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:28 AM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26448 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by mykejones(m): 12:34am On Mar 12, 2012
Mhen! My guy,dis one just hard me wella.
The zeal to log in again isn't jus dai anymore.
This one looks more complicated and colourfilled.
And wat's d adding of friends for?
I totally prefeared the previous faceless family members we were here. It made NL unique to the other SN sites and it was less complicated. Now we have 2 start sending friend requests and all dat?
Evrytin is jus tedious.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Lexusgs430: 1:25am On Mar 12, 2012
Nairaland 2.0 vs Playbook 2.0
Which is best ?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Frosti(m): 1:53am On Mar 12, 2012
You can try this:
www.fostable.com
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 2:31am On Mar 12, 2012
If you are the last person to respond to a thread you are following, then it probably shouldn't bubble to the top of the "followed list."

This seems like a bug...
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 3:06am On Mar 12, 2012
Seun dem send you come spoil people eyes ni?jesus see how my eyes hurt,me that stay hours on NL,wetin you say make we do now?can't even finish reading a page cos of how hurtful it is to the eyes,you berra do something now o.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by salix9ice(m): 3:12am On Mar 12, 2012
I know it is difficult to adapt to changes, but seriously the font is too small and it hurt my eyes, also the background is too light. put some graphics will u.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 3:35am On Mar 12, 2012
We're going to address most of your requests by the next weekend. Currently dealing with performance.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 3:42am On Mar 12, 2012
Seun: We're going to address most of your requests by the next weekend. Currently dealing with performance.
Address it o please cos we all want the best for you and your site and this isn't just it.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by luchidolls(f): 3:59am On Mar 12, 2012
Besides the font size,the new version is all sorts of D O P E!You should expect complaints tho,just like when the new facebook happened...but look!everyone has become used to it and can barely remember what the old version looked like.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by bayleaf(m): 9:48am On Mar 12, 2012
i think i prefer the old version. you could easily see the views and replies, which you have to strain your eyes to look out for here.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by desperatem(m): 9:57am On Mar 12, 2012
Mr. Seun, what happened to the reply notification that we normally receive in our mailbox? Mhen this NL 2 sucks sad
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2012
For performance, just make heavy heavy use of database indexing. Index everything that needs to run fast, basically...
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 10:07am On Mar 12, 2012
Also, any sort of count variables should be cached. E.g. if you need to report how many posts are in a thread, cache this using some variable rather than computing it from scratch every time you get a request.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Dyt(f): 10:19am On Mar 12, 2012
na wa o
it took sm1 all day 2 post
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 10:22am On Mar 12, 2012
Finally if you guys aren't already writing tests for your code, please do so undecided

I know it is cheaper to just test your bugs on us, but you have no way of knowing that each time you "fix" one bug it doesn't cause another unless you write tests.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2012
One other thing, for some reason the logout button doesn't work for me. It seems I remain logged in no matter what I do?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by funmeme(f): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2012
this new nairaland new look is terrible... apprc8 d fact dat it has more features now but the backgorund is terrible and d arrangement is uninteresting
@Seun plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss make life better for the nairalnaders not worse biko embarassed cry
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by firestar(f): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2012
Seun, I've noticed some of my post have been blotted out. Please look into it? Thanks. smiley
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by lbotus(f): 11:22am On Mar 12, 2012
seun,
please change the font colour.The "Blue" colour is hurting my eyes.seriously!!!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by nasty45(m): 11:35am On Mar 12, 2012
Seun: We're going to address most of your requests by the next weekend. Currently dealing with performance.
ALAS e replies.hehehehe.pls do sth abt it.u cn we lv ur site
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Ehisod(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2012
SEUN! SEUN!! SEUN!!!, How many times I call you? If you like yourself and your invested time and money in building nairaland, please revert to the old nairaland or give users the option of switching between any of the version that they prefer. The only thing okay on this version is the direct quote button per post and something that is missing, is direct insertion of photos on posts. Sorry for the harsh post but just my opinion. Infact viewing this on a PC is giving me a headache.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
pls this new nairaland is not good on laptop, i cant use because of my eyes, really bad for eye sight.on THE OTHER HAND, I THINKS IT IS VERY GREAT ON PHONES. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE, I CANT EVEN SEE WHAT AM TYPING AS I TRY TO STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM MY LAPPY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. NOT GOOD AT ALL
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by lwise(m): 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
BYE BYE TO NAIRALAND,I WILL MISS EVERYBODY.I DONT THINK I CAN COPE WITH THIS NEW LOOK,IT IS AFECTING MY EYES BADLY(the eye wey i dey manage b4).
CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME A LINK TO ANOTHER FORUM LIKE NAIRALAND.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Kirl: 12:16pm On Mar 12, 2012
Good concept but do something about the Colour scheme cos it doesn't look inviting anymore
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Bawsse(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
I <3 this new NL2, b4 now i couldn't login or reply usin my blackberry native browser i had to always use an opera, but now its great (y)
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by siobahn: 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][quote][/quote]
Mhen! My guy,dis one just hard me wella.
The zeal to log in again isn't jus dai anymore.
This one looks more complicated and colourfilled.
And wat's d adding of friends for?
I totally prefeared the previous faceless family members we were here. It made NL unique to the other SN sites and it was less complicated. Now we have 2 start sending friend requests and all dat?
Evrytin is jus tedious.

Gbam!!!

I prefer the old one.....this one wan kill my eye o + this should have been done in stages
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by kokorunna(m): 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2012
Fair enough well done for creating your own code but the new design is crap !!! Its looks like its more geared towards advertising which I don't blame you for but its loosing its identify, am staying as a NL
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Moyola(f): 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
Signed in n thought "watz goin' on?"
Oh no! itz an upgrade! lol
friends list undecided , n it tells who's veiwing wat. . .
Takes abit of gettin used to, kan u try something alil'better?lipsrsealed

n where's the preview option? kant view my messages too?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by XKZ(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
Looks nice, feels right (on mobile, that is)
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by XKZ(m): 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2012
Looks nice, feels right (on mobile, that is)
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Azibalua(f): 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2012
Pls can some of us use the former version
This can still be in existence, for those who like it
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Slyr0x: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2012
The preview button should be restored

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. / If You Find This Boy,please Call This Number=0805-2675-667 / Please Help; Everybody Thinks I'm Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.