Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis (2290 Views)

Do You Think God Blessed The Agege Bread Seller Or She Used Law Of Attraction? / Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by UyiIredia(m): 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2012
harakiri:

Thank you so so so much for reminding me of how we were brainwashed as kids to type the Christian god in capital letters as God. That's the same indoctrination I've been talking about

Same way you were brainwashed into accepting your surname.

harakiri: ***[s]I'm pretty sure you can't even remember why you type his/her/it's name in capitals[/s]***

Oh that ! Most people in primordial times apprehended God through Nature, so there was a tendency to imbue natural objects (organisms & stuff like stones, rivers etc) with divinity, hence, the notion of gods with a larger God that reigned over them all. That was the reign of polytheism. We know the likes of Thor, Loki, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Eledumare, Orunmila, Sanponna etc. As civilizations emerged & conglomerated, the idea of a monist God began to take root especially in Western Europe. Christianity & Islam forever embedded this idea & colonialism spread it to the ends of the earth. Now why is it capitalized. Simple ! To emphasize its all-pervasive power. At the very least, God is capitalized the same way I capitalized the names of other gods - because they're proper nouns.

Anyways, back to the issue. . .

harakiri: You claim you talk to "God" everyday? Tell me, does "he" speak back to you?

Of course, He/She/It does.

harakiri: If "he" does, what language does he speak? I'm asking coz a lot of people claim to hear from "him" and that includes a lady who murdered a little girl 2 weeks ago via yanking out her tongue forcefully and claiming it was the voice of "God" that instructed her to do so.

The same language I speak. There's no room for confusion.

harakiri: Furthermore, you claim that "God" is worshiped in different ways all over the world. If this is a fact, can you HONESTLY tell me that the "God" you worship is the same as the the one worshiped in India,China,Iran and Jerusalem?

Yes. The very same God apprehended to different levels. I believe Christianity gets it best I think Spinoza gives a wonderful articulation of Christianity in his letters & in his opus Theologo-Political Treatise

harakiri: Are you telling me that Amadioha,Eledumare,Yemoja,Sango and Ogun are the same "God" you're worshiping? Even if you lie on this forum, you cannot lie to yourself. Get real bruv!

Yes. After all the Christian God made iron, thunder & sent fire to consume the prophets of Baal upon request. I think the gods you mention are best understood as attempts to capture aspects of the greater entity which theists or deists call God.

harakiri: Finally (to answer your last question), YES! ! ! I believe ALL "his" worshipers are fools and ignorant and it's up to you to prove me wrong. If they are not fools (including yourself. . .no offense), answer this simple question :

So Isaac Newton, Raymond Damadian (inventor of MRI scanner), Robert Boyle, Justin Bieber, Galilio Galilei, Ajayi Crowther, Obafemi Awolowo, my humble self[i]et al[/i] are fools ! SMH.

harakiri: HOW DOES A VIRGIN GET PREGNANT WITHOUT HAVING $EX?

By parthenogenesis. Maybe scientists have to replicate it in humans before you believe it to be possible.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by Arosa(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Unquestionably for you and for me, but do not be so arrogant and disrespectful to those who do not think alike.
Nothing is unquestionable, only the pride.You respect others the same way that you want to be respected.

I am not being arrogant or disrespectful, I am saying facts here. We humans have a limited capacity to knowledge,even Einstein struggled to comprehend the laws of the universe. A wise man knows he knows nothing. So it surprises me to hear someone say categorically that there is no God,when its safer to say that you don't know. To prove the existence or nonexistence of God will be the greatest findings of mankind.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by harakiri(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Okay then, how did life come about ?

I do NOT know but i know enough to realize that some deity blowing air into sand to create mankind is nothing more than an old myth spread by nomadic goat herders.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by harakiri(m): 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2012
gendebs:
have you ever askd why d scientist call God the ominipotent and ominiscience? Thaz because he existed. Yemoja, sango, ogun according to history are messanger of Eledumare which d yoruba call God. God understands all the languapes. I know u will ask how can it be possible. My bro it's possible cos he is God. Mind u we re not fools. We know the the trut, we practise the tqvh and we live in the truth. I implore u bro to pls embrace d truth. Stop been myopic

For the umpteenth time,not every non-religious person out there is a student of Darwin/Einstein theories. If Yemoja,Sango and Ogun are messengers of Eledumare (God), then i presume you are indirectly referring to them as either Jesus or the angels (THAT IS THE EXACT TRANSLATION OF WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING). Can you honestly tell me that their modes of worship are the same (including human sacrifices)? Why can't you people tell the truth to YOURSELVES for once? What makes you sure that the creator of mankind as you know it is a "He"? You call me myopic but the only thing you know about Christianity and it's teachings is what you've been spoon fed since childhood. If the white man hadn't brought slave trade,guns,alcohol and the bible. . . Would you be here talking crap about what you know nothing about?

Take a minute to think about your entire life before you reply.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by harakiri(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2012
Arosa: Your ignorance or lack of knowledge is not a proof that God do not exist.

Since you are the epitome of knowledge, please clearly explain how Judas Iscariot died. Was it from falling or hanging? I ask because the bible (which i'm well versed in) has two diverse descriptions.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by harakiri(m): 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2012
@Uyi Iredia

Same way you were brainwashed into accepting your surname.

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal?

Oh that ! Most people in primordial times apprehended God through Nature, so there was a tendency to imbue natural objects (organisms & stuff like stones, rivers etc) with divinity, hence, the notion of gods with a larger God that reigned over them all. That was the reign of polytheism. We know the likes of Thor, Loki, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Eledumare, Orunmila, Sanponna etc. As civilizations emerged & conglomerated, the idea of a monist God began to take root especially in Western Europe. Christianity & Islam forever embedded this idea & colonialism spread it to the ends of the earth. Now why is it capitalized. Simple ! To emphasize its all-pervasive power. At the very least, God is capitalized the same way I capitalized the names of other gods - because they're proper nouns.

In other words, all the "Gods" are the same thing and therefore the "Gods" worshiped in India are the same as the Christian "God". SPLENDID ANALYSIS UYI. I didn't know you were this "vast".

Of course, He/She/It does.

Really? What do you guys talk about? Sports? Literature? Global warming or the new look on nairaland?

The same language I speak. There's no room for confusion.

Really? Did he/she/it tell you how he/she/it commanded a lady to yank of the tongue of a child a short while ago? It's in the news man and the killer insists GOD spoke to her. How do we reconcile that?

Yes. The very same God apprehended to different levels. I believe Christianity gets it best I think Spinoza gives a wonderful articulation of Christianity in his letters & in his opus Theologo-Political Treatise

Interesting stuff. Does this include murdering innocents in the name of ritual sacrifices?

Yes. After all the Christian God made iron, thunder & sent fire to consume the prophets of Baal upon request. I think the gods you mention are best understood as attempts to capture aspects of the greater entity which theists or deists call God.

Dude, take a moment to listen to yourself. This is the most reetarded comment i've ever read from you (and i used to rate you as being among the top 5 logical deists in the religious section).

So Isaac Newton, Raymond Damadian (inventor of MRI scanner), Robert Boyle, Justin Bieber, Galilio Galilei, Ajayi Crowther, Obafemi Awolowo, my humble self[i]et al[/i] are fools ! SMH.

Even the most learned professors have been duped by illiterate internet scammers. Doesn't matter how many degrees they had. . .They were fools. And YES! You and the lot mentioned are fools of religion.

By parthenogenesis. Maybe scientists have to replicate it in humans before you believe it to be possible.

Perhaps they should be but this has nothing to do with science. It all boils down to basic common sense that the most educated masses tend to throw out of the window when it comes to religious matters.

Nuff said!
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by Arosa(m): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
harakiri:

Since you are the epitome of knowledge, please clearly explain how Judas Iscariot died. Was it from falling or hanging? I ask because the bible (which i'm well versed in) has two diverse descriptions.

That is contrary to what am alluding to. I haven't got a clue as to how he died. Sorry. embarassed
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by jerk: 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2012
Callotti: The question is not if he exists or not.
It is more of 'what kind of GOD is it'?

Inconsistent
Whiny
Jealous
Vindictive
Conniving
Whimpsical
Impulsive
Unprogressive
Bi-t-chy
Witchy
. . . . and many attributes like man, IN HIS OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS.
a fool said to himself,there is no God
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by gendebs(m): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2012
@Harakari. I ve dis question 4 u. How did this world came into existence.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
gendebs: How did this world came into existence.

Easy.

[b]The gods created two divine siblings, brother Izanagi and sister Izanami, who stood upon a floating bridge above the primordial ocean. Using the jeweled spear of the gods, they churned up the first island, Onogoro. Upon the island, Izanagi and Izanami married, and gave forth progeny that were malformed. The gods blamed it upon a breach of protocol. During the marriage ritual, Izanami, the woman, had spoken first. Correctly reprising their marriage ritual, the two coupled and produced the islands of Japan and more deities. However, in birthing Kagutsuchi-no-Kami, the fire god, Izanami died. Traumatized, Izanagi followed her to Yomi, the land of the dead. Izanami, having eaten the food of Yomi, could not return. When Izanagi suddenly saw Izanami's decomposing body, he was terrified and fled. Izanami, enraged, pursued him, accompanied by hideous women. Izanagi hurled personal items at them, which transformed into diversions. Escaping the cavern entrance of Yomi, he blocked it with a boulder, thus permanently separating life from death[/b][/quote]

Some say these gods were really Ancient Alien Astronauts.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by Heathen(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
^^^^^^lolzzzz.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by gendebs(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
Martian:

Easy.

[b]The gods created two divine siblings, brother Izanagi and sister Izanami, who stood upon a floating bridge above the primordial ocean. Using the jeweled spear of the gods, they churned up the first island, Onogoro. Upon the island, Izanagi and Izanami married, and gave forth progeny that were malformed. The gods blamed it upon a breach of protocol. During the marriage ritual, Izanami, the woman, had spoken first. Correctly reprising their marriage ritual, the two coupled and produced the islands of Japan and more deities. However, in birthing Kagutsuchi-no-Kami, the fire god, Izanami died. Traumatized, Izanagi followed her to Yomi, the land of the dead. Izanami, having eaten the food of Yomi, could not return. When Izanagi suddenly saw Izanami's decomposing body, he was terrified and fled. Izanami, enraged, pursued him, accompanied by hideous women. Izanagi hurled personal items at them, which transformed into diversions. Escaping the cavern entrance of Yomi, he blocked it with a boulder, thus permanently separating life from death[/b]

waz dis suppose to mean
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by LogicMind: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2012
Martian:

Easy.

[b]The gods created two divine siblings, brother Izanagi and sister Izanami, who stood upon a floating bridge above the primordial ocean. Using the jeweled spear of the gods, they churned up the first island, Onogoro. Upon the island, Izanagi and Izanami married, and gave forth progeny that were malformed. The gods blamed it upon a breach of protocol. During the marriage ritual, Izanami, the woman, had spoken first. Correctly reprising their marriage ritual, the two coupled and produced the islands of Japan and more deities. However, in birthing Kagutsuchi-no-Kami, the fire god, Izanami died. Traumatized, Izanagi followed her to Yomi, the land of the dead. Izanami, having eaten the food of Yomi, could not return. When Izanagi suddenly saw Izanami's decomposing body, he was terrified and fled. Izanami, enraged, pursued him, accompanied by hideous women. Izanagi hurled personal items at them, which transformed into diversions. Escaping the cavern entrance of Yomi, he blocked it with a boulder, thus permanently separating life from death[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2012
gendebs:
tell it to them bro.. God bless u

The blood of our Lord Jesus Christ surely washes whiter than snow but will folks come to Him for cleansing? Only if these skeptics go to Him for cleansing would they know that there is cleansing power in the blood of the Lamb. Remain blessed.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by mazaje(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The blood of our Lord Jesus Christ surely washes whiter than snow but will folks come to Him for cleansing? Only if these skeptics go to Him for cleansing would they know that there is cleansing power in the blood of the Lamb. Remain blessed.

What is the color of the blood of the lamb and what has it ever washed that is whiter than snow?. . .
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2012
mazaje:

What is the color of the blood of the lamb and what has it ever washed that is whiter than snow?. . .

A drowning man would not ask for the colour of a rope used in rescuing him, he will quickly grap it for dear life.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by mazaje(m): 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

A drowning man would not ask for the colour of a rope used in rescuing him, he will quickly grap it for dear life.

Answer the question. . .What is the color of this fictitious blood of the lamb?. .I don't know what the question has got to do with a drowning man? Are you drowning at sea or in an ocean? I can call the coast guards to go and rescue you. . .
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
mazaje:

Answer the question. . .What is the color of this fictitious blood of the lamb?. .I don't know what the question has got to do with a drowning man? Are you drowning at sea or in an ocean? I can call the coast guards to go and rescue you. . .

The Word of God is quick and powerful than a two edged sword. The word of God can be used as a rescuing rope or as a noose for the hangman, it is up to you what you want to use the word of God for. Your decision will determine where you will spend your eternity.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by mazaje(m): 12:16am On Mar 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Word of God is quick and powerful than a two edged sword. The word of God can be used as a rescuing rope or as a noose for the hangman, it is up to you what you want to use the word of God for. Your decision will determine where you will spend your eternity.

We can test your assertion, I will come with a two edged sword, while you come with your word of God, we will use it to cut some things and see which is more powerful in cutting things. . . .What is eternity?
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26am On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje:

We can test your assertion, I will come with a two edged sword, while you come with your word of God, we will use it to cut some things and see which is more powerful in cutting things. . . .What is eternity?

The Word of God is the two edged sword that can divide between your spirit and your soul, it can discern your intentions. Eternity is outside of your dimension, it is the life time of the never dying God.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by mazaje(m): 12:30am On Mar 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Word of God is the two edged sword that can divide between your spirit and your soul, it can discern your intentions. Eternity is outside of your dimension, it is the life time of the never dying God.

Spirit, soul? All these are fictitious constructs. . .Where in the human body does the soul live?. . .Eternity
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43am On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje:

Spirit, soul? All these are fictitious constructs. . .Where in the human body does the soul live?. . .Eternity

This is the problem with atheistic view of life, you think all that exist are just accidents of nature and chemical reactions. If you can answer these questions then you would have answered your objections above. How can you have immaterial laws such as the laws of logic or of nature or morality if the universe is only material? Why does the material universe feel compelled to obey immaterial laws? and how does the material brain have access to these immaterial laws?
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by mazaje(m): 1:18am On Mar 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This is the problem with atheistic view of life, you think all that exist are just accidents of nature and chemical reactions. If you can answer these questions then you would have answered your objections above. How can you have immaterial laws such as the laws of logic or of nature or morality if the universe is only material? Why does the material universe feel compelled to obey immaterial laws? and how does the material brain have access to these immaterial laws?

You are the one making things up and running commentaries on them. . .no where that i state that all that exist is an accident in nature. . .what are the immaterial laws? another of your fictitious constructs?. . . .
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05am On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje:

You are the one making things up and running commentaries on them. . .no where that i state that all that exist is an accident in nature. . .what are the immaterial laws? another of your fictitious constructs?. . . .

Do you now believe in creation? The immaterial laws are such as the laws of logic, the laws of nature and the laws of morality.
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by tomzman: 10:14am On Mar 19, 2012
Martian:

Easy.

cant stop laughing at this
Re: If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis by UyiIredia(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2012
harakiri: @Uyi Iredia

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal?

Of course.

harakiri: In other words, all the "Gods" are the same thing and therefore the "Gods" worshiped in India are the same as the Christian "God". SPLENDID ANALYSIS UYI. I didn't know you were this "vast".

Thanks for the compliment. It seems you understand the concept of God but stubbornly refuse to believe in it.

harakiri: Really? What do you guys talk about? Sports? Literature? Global warming or the new look on nairaland?

Anything and Everything at anytime. It really doesn't bother me. But I hear God's voice very clearly on specific occasions.

harakiri: Really? Did he/she/it tell you how he/she/it commanded a lady to yank of the tongue of a child a short while ago? It's in the news man and the killer insists GOD spoke to her. How do we reconcile that?

Because we know that she has no reason to lie about what is true given her situation.

harakiri: Interesting stuff. Does this include murdering innocents in the name of ritual sacrifices?

That's the Devil. But let's not preclude God from human sacrifices. We have an interesting case of Jephthah in the Bible. God in his truest form hates human sacrifices because humans are His most precious creation.

harakiri: Dude, take a moment to listen to yourself. This is the most reetarded comment i've ever read from you (and i used to rate you as being among the top 5 logical deists in the religious section).

F*ck your ratings. I don't live by them.

harakiri: Even the most learned professors have been duped by illiterate internet scammers. Doesn't matter how many degrees they had. . .They were fools. And YES! You and the lot mentioned are fools of religion.

I see.

harakiri: Perhaps they should be but this has nothing to do with science. It all boils down to basic common sense that the most educated masses tend to throw out of the window when it comes to religious matters.

This is not a good reply to my comment. You really had little to say.

harakiri: Nuff said!

Same goes here !

[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Will Ugly People Go To Heaven? If Yes, Will They Still Be Ugly In Heaven?" / Deeper Life Pastor Defiles 2 Under-aged Girls / JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.