Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,913 members, 7,902,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! (9718 Views)

Poll: what is the excuss for this sort of lame date?

He is a cheap fellow: 9% (6 votes)
He is not romantic: 8% (5 votes)
He is testing to see if she is a golddiger: 37% (23 votes)
Maybe that is his ideal of a perfect date: 19% (12 votes)
I wold have done the same: 25% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Drinking Yoghurt As Girlfriend Eats Fried Rice In Eatery / My Male Neighbor Comes Out From His House The Minute He Sees Me Drive In? / How To Take Her Out And Have The Perfect Date On A Budget Of 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
Though the guy no try i think your friend should concentrate on getting to know the guy. Aside his way of entertaining her, did your friend have a good time? Did she enjoy his company? If yes she might consider the second date.

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by ochukoccna: 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ rokiatu, your friend na gold digger jo! shocked shocked shocked
She should have brought her champagne along or taken the guy out for a drink if she wasn't satisfied with his yogurt offer. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
I just don't get it why naija babes believe men to be ATMs when you are not even my wife [not that been that gives you that right though] undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Limaoscar: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2012

From the ones you choose to respond to, it seems YOU, have already made up your mind on what you believe you should tell your friend. Well, you sure are entitled to your own opinion, you have one that is why she discussed it with you.

However, I believe your friend is over-reacting. Did she judge the guy based on his expensive ride and wears? Or did she accept the date based on what she believes both of them can have together? If she can sincerely answer these questions, then inherent in the answer is what she needs to do.

I'm not surprised at Op's answer or position in this matter. Forget what was offered or wasn't offered.She definitely knows Her friend (or may be herself) is a gold digger.
Afterall Birds of the same feathers flock together.

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Flawlessdiva1(f): 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] nairalanders, very judgemental. Tssschewww
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by freecocoa(f): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2012
ochukoccna: @ rokiatu, your friend na gold digger jo! shocked shocked shocked
She should have brought her champagne along or taken the guy out for a drink if she wasn't satisfied with his yogurt offer. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
I just don't get it why naija babes believe men to be ATMs when you are not even my wife [not that been that gives you that right though] undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Must you people bash naija girls at the slightest chance?the OP and her friend aren't nigerians,mscheew.
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by xxqwisit(f): 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2012
Some excuses for the guy..... grin
1. Maybe the guy is going through a rough patch
2. Maybe the guy had been so busy he forgot to buy anything else
3. Maybe the guy ordered for a candlelit dinner and it never arrived
4. Maybe the guy borrowed the house, car and all the rest...... grin

For those who think he was wrong. Personally I don't see anything wrong.

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2012
^^^^ grin
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Whizkay(m): 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
it was in a house not a restaurant... Nd maybe he doesn't kno how to cook nd a date shudnt be all bou food now. jez to spend som tym togeda
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by ifihearam: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2012
I can bet my life that its the op dats the babe I swear,can't you see how she is very defensive and only appreciates comments that soothes or bashes the attitude of the guy? What's wrong with offering a babe yoghuirt sef?mehn the dude is a sharp dude cos if he were interested in bleepinmg he wld hv impressed her with chicken and chips plus juice.

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by ZUBY77(m): 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2012
@rokiatu, op, i think this friend of yours is YOU. Judging by the time you registered on nairaland (march 2006) you are an old chick and You have out-grown the ideal first date. Now you are being insatiable. You are an old lady, early or mid 30s. You have seen it all. Mega first dates, driven to the expensive joints with flashy cars by jim iyke and ramsey noah look alikes etc.
Now this ugly rich guy shows up with a different idea of first date and all of a sudden, it happened to your friend. Liar.
Let me give you some advice, run back to him cos as the age grows, the next guy will offer you indian hemp and the guy after him will offer benson or rothmans.

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by freecocoa(f): 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2012
^^grin grin grin
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by ZUBY77(m): 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2012
@freecocoa, na lie i talk ?

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Coefficient(m): 10:16pm On Mar 17, 2012
The guy even try sef. He shlda offered her kolanut or crayfish! grin Omolomo, she wan chop beleful come go sleep 4 hauz. She come jam badt sharp guy.
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by freecocoa(f): 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ ZUBBY,Omo the post is just funny,though i don't think she's that old.cheesy
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Yorisb: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2012
ZUBY77: @rokiatu, op, i think this friend of yours is YOU. Judging by the time you registered on nairaland (march 2006) you are an old chick and You have out-grown the ideal first date. Now you are being insatiable. You are an old lady, early or mid 30s. You have seen it all. Mega first dates, driven to the expensive joints with flashy cars by jim iyke and ramsey noah look alikes etc.
Now this ugly rich guy shows up with a different idea of first date and all of a sudden, it happened to your friend. Liar.
Let me give you some advice, run back to him cos as the age grows, the next guy will offer you indian hemp and the guy after him will offer benson or rothmans.

PMSL! grin
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by ronkebp(f): 10:49pm On Mar 17, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with giving her a yoghurt on the first date, i think he gave her what he has or had.

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by horny4u(f): 11:50pm On Mar 17, 2012
He is not testing her rather he will like them to test his bed together and yoghurt is fabulous for testing too. If she is not up for that she can walk.....
If he was into her he will be to grateful to get a date to be playing where is the mouse says the cat.
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 18, 2012
It's a first date. And IMO, first dates are supposed to be simple and just a time to start getting to know one another. What was she expecting? Amala and egusi?

1 Like

Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Leyelyzo: 12:45am On Mar 18, 2012
freecocoa: Must you people bash naija girls at the slightest chance?the OP and her friend aren't nigerians,mscheew.

Yea they are Africa Carrebean
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Leyelyzo: 12:49am On Mar 18, 2012
Limaoscar:

I'm not surprised at Op's answer or position in this matter. Forget what was offered or wasn't offered.She definitely knows Her friend (or may be herself) is a gold digger.
Afterall Birds of the same feathers flock together.

Hmmm wetin i fit tell you oooo? Okay just squeeze that mouth of yours, afterwards let 3resounding slaps follow
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by dayokanu(m): 1:10am On Mar 18, 2012
Na wa oo

Some girls are simply impossible

Someone even said the guy wanted to sleep with you without spenbding much, That means its ok for the guy to sleep with you if he spends a lot? And dem go talk say dem no be ashawo

he invited her to his house, Roki what was your friends expectation? Was he expecting the guy to carry gun and go kill Antelope just because dem get first date?

So its ok if the guy offered her someone big but he is only interested in phocking you
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Leyelyzo: 1:23am On Mar 18, 2012
ZUBY77: @rokiatu, op, i think this friend of yours is YOU. Judging by the time you registered on nairaland (march 2006) you are an old chick and You have out-grown the ideal first date. Now you are being insatiable. You are an old lady, early or mid 30s. You have seen it all. Mega first dates, driven to the expensive joints with flashy cars by jim iyke and ramsey noah look alikes etc.

A typical ignoramous
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 18, 2012
freecocoa: Like seriously?if she isn't a gold digger why emphasize on what she was offered rather than the personality of the guy? She was only interested in material things hence her refusal to find out more about the dude,what a sensible girl would do is give the benefit of the doubt for at least a 2nd date and see how it goes.

The fact that he offered her yogurt(which I see nothing wrong with) doesn't make him cheap or stingy, a guy offers chinese on a first date is no guarantee that he is rich and spends big,he could be pretending and a foolish girl like the one in the story will fall for such and before she can say "voila" she's gone two rounds with the dude.

I'm not saying the dude in the story is no player but from his action,i can tell he doesn't just want to just bed this girl cos most guys with such mindset will make you believe they have it all.

She's emphasizing on first impression. If she had a problem with his personality, she'd have mentioned it. The lady in question was not overall impressed with his first impression (first date) of how he intends on approaching her as a man interested in her for something bigger than a phone chat. He could have taken her out, they could have both shared the bill. He doesn't even need to take her to a restaurant. He could have brought her home, cook a nice dinner for both of them or even invite her to come while he was still in the process of cooking so that they could both finish it. No, he simply brought her home to share a $0.25 yogurt. No etiquette to even ask her if she was thirsty or in need of additional snack ( something that is expected of a host, not to even mention a "date" ).

It's not selfishness or golddigging, it's simple questioning of the guy's approach and first impression. His move was neither romantic or spontaneous. Hell, she could have had a lengthy conversation with her other male/female friends.

If the chick is a traditional woman, she'd have expected more based on what she knew of "dating" and "courtship". We should not all assume the guy's intention for inviting her to his house or the girl's intention for going. . . . point is, his first impression was not up to par with her expectations. I'm not even looking at the financial aspect of the guy's or the girl's life in this case.

PS: Dating does not require a man to take his date out to eat!
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by mailano: 3:20am On Mar 18, 2012
DO YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR HERE IS YOUR IS THE CHANCE.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN SEARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK IN THEIR FIRM IN QATAR WITH HIGH PAY ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON +2348165027376 PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES »
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
... market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying call us on +2348165027376
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 18, 2012
LMAO!! you peeps are still on this topic? @The person who thinks I am in my 30s, you got it wrong dear, I am in my 6os ROFLMAOoooooo!!!
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by automania: 5:55am On Mar 18, 2012
ayosmiles: At this stage i believe d gal shld focus on d guys attitude nd personality rather than his money or wht he gives her. Many naija gals make dis mistake nd make naija guys get deliberately stingy. Yoghurt aint even a bad idea. Wht if if he just invited u to view d stars nd d moon with him on a date.

You wan make Naija girl heart knock engine?
grin
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by NaMe4: 6:21am On Mar 18, 2012
His ideal of a perfect date, at his house, he only offered her yogurt.
She only hang on there and
finished the date because she
didn't want to be rude. She have totally lose interest but what she can't get over is the fact that this guy drive a really expensive car, he wear expensive clothes, and according to her, his house is
exquisite.
He wants a second date,
but my friend is confused, what was the excuse for that lame date?

So she have totally lose interest because the guy offered her yoghurt at his house

The 2nd emboldened part has given, at least, your friend away.

And please, what is confusing her after 'she have totally lose interest'?
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by eghost247(m): 9:35am On Mar 18, 2012
shouldn't a date be about talking and learning about each other does it matter what you eat or drink smh
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2012
If I'm not nice to a woman,it means i want to know her intention.The guy wants to know if the lady is not tripping just because of his money.I'm even surprised that the guy took her to his house,if na me,e go hard o.
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by Ryabcool(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2012
freecocoa: onye oma emeka,so where is it written that something must be offered on a first date or date for that matter?he offered her yogurt which is even very good for the body and she's thinking of not going for a 2nd date cos of that,what does that spell to you?maybe he should have offered her a bucket of rice\chicken and help her gain 10 pounds before another date,that way she'll know he's rich and capable.mscheew.
abi o! She should be happy he gave her normal yoghurt and not his natural yoghurt.
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by freecocoa(f): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2012
Ryabcool: abi o! She should be happy he gave her normal yoghurt and not his natural yoghurt.
cheesy badt gal,i heard that one too is good for the body,can you confirm?grin
Re: Yoghurt In His House: The Perfect Date! by koolJ1(f): 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
ayosmiles: At this stage i believe d gal shld focus on d guys attitude nd personality rather than his money or wht he gives her. Many naija gals make dis mistake nd make naija guys get deliberately stingy. Yoghurt aint even a bad idea. Wht if if he just invited u to view d stars nd d moon with him on a date.
tell them oh! Whateva happened to 'gettin to know yu' widout d material aspects? This kinda attitude is what gives 'naija girls bashers' d gumption to com here and let their disgust out.
Op,what does ur friend want from him? His pocket,what he can do for her or what she can learn from him? And what can she do for him,afterall,guys like to be cared for and spoiled too. She shld be a lil less selfish. Since she got her own,she ought not be bothered. She cld even do things her own way-d way she feels is right n quit moaning!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Don’t Joke With Booty, This Post Is Strictly For You [PICTURES] / How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? / Beautifully Endowed Slay Mamas Showing Off Her Heavy Backside In A Lovely Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.