Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? - Foreign Affairs (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? (184207 Views)

Why Are They So Many White People In Accra? / Why Are White People Claiming Africa ? / South Africa Is Racist Towards White People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (162) (Go Down)

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
paniki:

But it should be obvious that without white people SA would be a hellhole just like Nigeria. South Africans would be using life savings to buy one-way plane tickets to other better places in the world, probably places that have a majority white population. all4naija is just trying to put a point that black South Aficans would be worse than Nigerians if there were no whites in SA, it hurts him to see people who look like him elsewhere doing great things and so he consoles himself by saying it's the work of whites.

His irrational views make him forget that whites have had influence through much of the African continent, so to ask where SA would be without whites should by extension also be asked where would the African continent be without whites.
This is always an excuse that has not yielded anything reasonable on modernity and African people. The past primitive civilization you are talking about has gradually faded away into oblivion without need for it in the present generation of things. The clear reason for that is the people failed to look into the future and misunderstood civilization from an advancement and organized perspective by not keeping up with/to improve on what has been planned. Keep making references to the barbaric past. Indeed, that is the simple reason why it becomes uncivilized of people to embrace things which are elementary of the past. This is what Africans keep blinding themselves with as excuse for the past. I must disagree with that. If Africa must move forward it must embrace modern society of creativity, advancement and organized society.

Thank you.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
smokie:

But it's so sad though. Hating on the fact that his fellow Africans are advancing can't bring about any change in his life. South Africa might not be perfect but even the poorest people here won't want to leave this place for a place like Nigeria. South Africans can't be blamed for the fact that in over 50 years of independence Nigeria has hardly developed...compared to a country like Malaysia or Indonesia which got independent around the same time.
Thanks to the white people of SA. You are not getting the clear picture here. That is a complete fact!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Thanks to the white people of SA. You are not getting the clear picture here. That is a complete fact!

Bro you not getting the picture, even the cannibals of PNG are better of compared to Nigeria. South Africa is, will and has always been heaven compared to Nigeria with or without white people. Nigerians are still being deported from Zimbabwe. A country of cannibals, slaves and Islamist, Nigeria is hell on earth.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
zetdee:

Bro you not getting the picture, even the cannibals of PNG are better of compared to Nigeria. South Africa is, will and has always been heaven compared to Nigeria with or without white people. Nigerians are still being deported from Zimbabwe. A country of cannibals, slaves and Islamist, Nigeria is hell on earth.
Are you talking about those Zulus and Xhosa people dressing n-u-d-e in this modern time? Shhhh...You are comparing this first image to the second.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-bKdk5pFR2Es/Tndw631rStI/AAAAAAAAB4w/ZzYIOfZo2VY/s1600/2-zulu.jpgg[/img]

It is a failure on your side.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by paniki(m): 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
collynzo2: The difference is that the whites in South Africa came to stay and they've been there ever since. They didn't just come to llot and go away, they develped the place because they took it as their own. South Africa will be worse than Nigeria without whites.

OK, so the question should be "where would South Africa be if whites left in the mid 1900s just like everywhere else in Africa?"
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
paniki:

OK, so the question should be "where would South Africa be if whites left in the mid 1900s just like everywhere else in Africa?"
No. If the intention was not to stay they wouldn't develop it in the first place to meet the standard it has become today. If they were to leave in 1900s there wouldn't have been a development like we see today because they were not going to build that country for blacks.

The correct answer to that question would be South Africa would regress and degenerate into failing infrastructural development. The buildings would have all crumbled down and looked like some in the Hillbrow.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by TerryCarr(m): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Stop using culture for an excuse. I cannot understand how hard it is for you that the images you posted are of barbaric people who refused to get advanced in all raminfications. When I mean advancement, it is from the perspective of the modern man who can be rational on the way forward not those who would keep dwelling on past using leopard skin for clothing and allowing their women to expose their titis as they were done in the cave men era.

Living the savagery part of the culture of oppressing and molesting women in your country aside, an organized society which is parts of what define civilization is missing making clear how that society would look with everything blacks, regressing into Mr-Flintstone's. There is still no way we would have something close to SA of today without the white people.

Now, let's take a closer look at the first photo. The men are on barefoot and wearing tattered leather on their waists. They have some animal fur round their legs and biceps. The ones on their heads are probably made from pony stripped of their tails in the wild. Some of them drum while the others look from under a primitive canopy. These cannot be called advanced people socially and otherwise. People who still do things like our forefathers during the stone age. Would you say the people are advanced with so much barbaric practices surrounding their doings? This reflect on how SA would have looked like without the white people.

blah look at japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE_any9abTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3DufVsktc
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Are you talking about those Zulus and Xhosa people dressing n-u-d-e in this modern time? Shhhh...You are comparing this first image to the second.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-bKdk5pFR2Es/Tndw631rStI/AAAAAAAAB4w/ZzYIOfZo2VY/s1600/2-zulu.jpgg[/img]

It is a failure on your side.

Hahaha, if you believe those images portray the life in the villages of south Africa, than you're more ignorant of SA than i previously thought, reminds of the time you posted images of slums to show the state of townships like soweto. My advice is for you to go to Google street-view and look at South African villages. All those images are from cultural centers which mainly cater for tourist, not that there is anything wrong with them. For a country you always comment on, you are very ignorant of South Africa, eIther the history or the present situation, i remember your comments even in the military thread.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: No. If the intention was not to stay they wouldn't develop it in the first place to meet the standard it has become today. If they were to leave in 1900s there wouldn't have been a development like we see today because they were not going to build that country for blacks.

The correct answer to that question would be South Africa would regress and degenerate into failing infrastructural development. The buildings would have all crumbled down and looked like some in the Hillbrow.

So we would have Nigerian immigrants way back then to ruin our cities, lol.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by paniki(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija should stop pretending that there have never been whites in Nigeria, he must just accept that Nigerians are good at creating decay wherever they go. Kenyans and Zimbabweans respect themselves that's why they have managed to maintain the white built cities of Nairobi and Harare. Google pictures of those cities to see how nice they look. Lagos on the other hand has been invaded and decayed by Nigerians to the point where it's difficult for all of us, more so all4naija, to see any trace of white influnce in the urban development of the city. This leads him to believe that if whites had left SA that we would have also 'slummified' our cities - wrong.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
zetdee:

Hahaha, if you believe those images portray the life in the villages of south Africa, than you're more ignorant of SA than i previously thought, reminds of the time you posted images of slums to show the state of townships like soweto. My advice is for you to go to Google street-view and look at South African villages. All those images are from cultural centers which mainly cater for tourist, not that there is anything wrong with them. For a country you always comment on, you are very ignorant of South Africa, eIther the history or the present situation.
No, I don't believe that. The truth is that it is your South African brother that claims your country will be better than Nigeria without white people, in the past, present and future. That image is just a reflection of comparing the past South Africa without white people to present day Nigeria.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
You know you're doing something right when you're being hated, especially by village dwellers.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
zetdee:

So we would have Nigerian immigrants way back then to ruin our cities, lol.
You are becoming irrational, dude. You should ask yourself this question. When did Nigerians start visiting that country?
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
Tumisang: You know you're doing something right when you're being hated, especially by village dwellers.
The hate comes as in enviousness, seeing Nigerians are progressing at the face of the lazy indigenous black South Africans. Is that so hard for you to understand?
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2013
paniki: all4naija should stop pretending that there have never been whites in Nigeria, he must just accept that Nigerians are good at creating decay wherever they go. Kenyans and Zimbabweans respect themselves that's why they have managed to maintain the white built cities of Nairobi and Harare. Google pictures of those cities to see how nice they look. Lagos on the other hand has been invaded and decayed by Nigerians to the point where it's difficult for all of us, more so all4naija, to see any trace of white influnce in the urban development of the city. This leads him to believe that if whites had left SA that we would have also 'slummified' our cities - wrong.
Where did I make claim to that? You should visit Nigeria to know that colonial masters never intended to stay in Nigeria for the reason they didn't develop it to their own standard. 99% of the development in Nigeria is by Nigerians, which is just the reverse case in SA.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
TerryCarr:
blah look at japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE_any9abTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3DufVsktc

Aren't those festivals to you? The advancement in their society is reflected in their organization and social development(one of the most advanced in the world). You cannot differentiate between festival and routinely exercising of barbaric dispositions.The failure to move forward by shared beliefs in the past.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by paniki(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Where did I make claim to that? You should visit Nigeria to know that colonial masters never intended to stay in Nigeria for the reason they didn't develop it to their own standard. 99% of the development in Nigeria is by Nigerians, which is just the reverse case in SA.

Why spend centuries developing a city if you don't intend to stay in it indefinitely? You are making dumb excuses.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: The hate comes as in enviousness, seeing Nigerians are progressing at the face of the lazy indigenous black South Africans. Is that so hard for you to understand?

I-d-i-o-t, don't quote me ever again! We are lazy in OUR COUNTRY!!! Get it - OURS!!
Heartless muthaphucka calls ruining lives and eroding communities progress. Nxa!!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
paniki:

Why spend centuries developing a city if you don't intend to stay in it indefinitely? You are making dumb excuses.
Aren't we saying the same thing here? You are now going about your silliness from a primitive man perspective forgetting what the argument is centred around, the reason why white people intend to develop SA.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: You are becoming irrational, dude. You should ask yourself this question. When did Nigerians start visiting that country?

So other than the part of the city with Nigerians hillbrow, which other part has falling infrastructure.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
Tumisang:

I-d-i-o-t, don't quote me ever again! We are lazy in OUR COUNTRY!!! Get it - OURS!!
Heartless muthaphucka calls ruining lives and eroding communities progress. Nxa!!
This will be the last time I will quote your comment, anyway. It hurts! You are angry now! Why don't you get angry over your people's xenophobic inclinations and criminal attacks on foreigners?
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
zetdee:

So other than the part of the city with Nigerians hillbrow, which other part has falling infrastructure.
Do you even reason with your head at all? The Hillbrow dilapidate building is just a reference to what SA would be like if the white people left in 1900s.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by paniki(m): 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Aren't we saying the same thing here? You are now going about your silliness from a primitive man perspective forgetting the argument is centred around, the reason why white people intend to develop SA.

Your excuses don't make sense. You are saying that whites did not intend to stay in Nigeria eventhough they spent hundreds of years building stuff in your country, stuff that your countrymen have now destroyed. Whites also built Nairobi but the Kenyans have not have not turned it into a giant slum with a livable island.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Where did I make claim to that? You should visit Nigeria to know that colonial masters never intended to stay in Nigeria for the reason they didn't develop it to their own standard. 99% of the development in Nigeria is by Nigerians, which is just the reverse case in SA.

Most infrastructure in Naija is from the colonial period, and alot of it lies in ruin.
There is no development by Nigerians taking place, Nigeria might as well be colonized, Chinese, South Africans and Americans took over from where the British left of. Someone was complaining on one thread about the lack Nigerian engineers and architects in any of the building sites, even the labour is sometimes foreign, they're just there to sweep and serve tea, you can look at all projects in SA, you find black engineers and architects.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by paniki(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Do you even reason with your head at all? The Hillbrow dilapidate building is just a reference to what SA would be like if the white people left in 1900s.

Hillbrow is dilapidated by SA standards but I'm sure it would be heavan for the average Nigerian. The fact that it's occupied mainly by Nigerians and Zimbabweans should tell you something.

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHk7h71hGxw[/flash]
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
zetdee:

Most infrastructure in Naija is from the colonial period, and alot of it lies in ruin.
There is no development by Nigerians taking place, Nigeria might as well be colonized, Chinese, South Africans and Americans took over from where the British left of. Someone was complaining on one thread about the lack Nigerian engineers and architects in any of the building sites, even the labour is sometimes foreign, they're just there to sweep and serve tea, you can look at all projects in SA, you find black engineers and architects.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin. That is the rant of a sore loser. It is clear you cannot point to the infrastructure you are talking about. 0.01% infrastructure by the colonialist is like the railway that has be in ruin for time immemorial. Nigeria development is completely by Nigerians.The remaining 0.09% is contributed by others like the Chinese, American and SA. On the Chinese, Americans and South African assertion, it is clear those are in the area of infrastructure control by Nigerians, like in the oil industry platforms(not use by 99% Nigerians), Roads and bridges are constructed by Nigerians(Julius Berger is indigenous company),Hotel are constructed by Nigerians though few being under South Africans investment umbrella, Chinese just came in and their contribution is still ongoing works(same can be said of all nations in Africa including SA Chinese involvement).

However, I can see you are trying so hard to defend your erroneous claim. It is palpable you have no argument there.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Do you even reason with your head at all? The Hillbrow dilapidate building is just a reference to what SA would be like if the white people left in 1900s.

Retardeen, my point is criminality from Nigerians is responsible for the ugly state of Hillbrow, tell me other parts of the city in a similar state if you want to make your point.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
paniki:

Hillbrow is dilapidated by SA standards but I'm sure it would be heavan for the average Nigerian. The fact that it's occupied mainly by Nigerians and Zimbabweans should tell you something.

[flash] www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHk7h71hGxw[/flash]
Jeez! You have a blocked head. DILAPIDATED Hillbrow buildings, dude. Why can't you understand I am talking about the dilapidated ones among other buildings in Hillbrow. Like in the image below.

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
zetdee:

Retardeen, my point is criminality from Nigerians is responsible for the ugly state of Hillbrow, tell me other parts of the city in a similar state if you want to make your point.
Bwahaha... Look at this airhead whose people couldn't fix Townships coming here to claim Nigerians are responsible for dilapidated buildings in SA. How funny and delusional you are!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
Got to go, i have some facts and figures i'll maybe share with you.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
zetdee: Got to go, i have some facts and figures i'll maybe share with you.
I thought some of you claim Nigerians are not allowed in Townships. Why are Townships so messed up? Pfiu! grin grin grin.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
all4naija: Jeez! You have a blocked head. DILAPIDATED Hillbrow buildings, dude. Why can't you understand I am talking about the dilapidated ones among other buildings in Hillbrow. Like in the image below.

The building has most definetly been hijacked by Nigerians, tell me other parts of Joburg, where you don't find Nigerians, in a similar state. Funny that the most run down parts of Cape Town, Pretoria and Durban are where Nigerians are in large numbers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (162)

Gov. / South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.