Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,669 members, 7,941,584 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! (10680 Views)

Poll: Did they?

Yes: 58% (14 votes)
No!: 41% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / Disclaimer...!!! Buhari Didnt Go For Medical Checkup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by ifyalways(f): 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2007
How did I get here?
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2007
Fikzy:

@Kobojunkie

Please provide answer to your questions ,
if mdsocks does not have them,
tell us if you can,

My Questions are simply my asking him to provide us with factual information supporting his claims. I do not doubt the moonwalk, neither do I doubt Jesus walked the earth 2000 years before I was born. He is the one trying to convince us that listening/reading the same old conspiracy theories we have heard over and over for years, which have yet to provide us with detailed facts to proof this, will somehow make us see he has a point.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2007
Fikzy:

@Kobojunkie

Please provide answer to your questions ,  
if mdsocks does not have them,
tell us if you can,

thanks oo
i have stated my facts ,theonly thing he needs is to refute or state otherwise
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by JustGood(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2007
I visited JF kennedy space station in America last month.
So I just dey decieve myself when I touch that small stone wey that guy talk say him bring come from moon?

haba, I been dey think say I don touch something straight from the moon
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by GuapBanga: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2007
@ DAYOKANU

Nobody is discrediting America and I have to admit that it's a great Nation, but one cannot Overlook alot of atrocities they have committed over the years directly or adversely here in Africa, They wanted to kill "LUMUMBA" (and got him) they did the same with "KWAME NKRUMAH" anyway these aren't exactly theories because the actual agents have made and spoken in documentaries e.t.c!!!, and yes I can blame them (America) indirectly for all the Area boyz and Agberos u see on the streets in Lagos, trust me alot of Western policies have left us in the dumps,compadre, Every single African Dictator has once be called "THE DEACON OF HOPE" by one western Country or another, Not to deviate from the topic at hand, whether America visited the moon or not, you have to give them credit for the "Pre Star Wars" special effects and the stir they caused the world over, POOR SPUTNIK.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by my2cents(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
What does landing/not landing on the moon have to do with anything? How will this debate (other than generating massive ad revenue tongue) help solve our unemployment? how will this debate help install a better house speaker? How will this debate contribute to development of infrastructure back home?

Conspiracy theory or not, I personally believe that if it was indeed a hoax, the Russians (as per the 2 countries were in a cold war at the time) would have been the first to call the US on it, in addition to landing their own man on the moon to disprove/humiliate the US). After all, they did disagree with the US when it came to the existence of WMD in Iraq.

If you visit YouTube, there is also a pretty captivating conspiracy theory about the collapse of the towers on 9/11. I happen not to believe what the film says but must confess that if you are weak-minded, you will fall for it hook, line and sinker. Like the debate of Evolution vs Creation, I believe in creation, by faith, and whatever else I read, I do so with an open mind such that it doesn't shake my belief system.

Since, we are all hung up on landing on the moon, here is another conspiracy theory for you - are you your parents' child? Sure their name is on your birth certificate and you have pictures to prove it. But, can you verify for a 1000% fact that your parents are indeed your parents? shocked
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2007
You have yet to SAY ANYTHING NEW though @Mdsocks. Like I have said over and over now. You are presenting us with exactly the same thing people before you, and so many years before you have and people like me have basically looked at and found to be baseless. Why do you think that presenting us all with the same exact rebuttles today will make a difference when it did not years ago when we looked at them and decided they were nothing but rubbish claims??

Anyway, I know this does not much for the unemployment rate and all @my2cents, just that sometimes you wish people would do more than post claims which are backed up with actual facts and not just the same old stuff,
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2007
and would like to enlighten us more on these same old jargons you claimed i have been blurting out
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
Do you want me to repost every single claim you have made for your arguement and show you how many posts/websites online have been offering the same for the past 10 years?
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by folahann(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2007
the world is all the same
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by akara(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2007
Another American wonder!!! grin
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Carlosein(m): 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2007
abi oh grin
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
Carlosein:

abi oh grin
Thanks my brother.
They always like us to belive all those rubbish they feed us
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Uche2nna(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2007
@ somze

Who be the chick wey dey for the pics on the site grin

@ topic

Why would one want to assume that the moon was/is a vacuum? undecided If the big bang theory is anything to go by , then most of these galactical bodies were actually made from gases. Earth was lucky enuff to have oxygen in the mix (which by the way is only 21 percent of the total gases on earth) and that is the reason it supports life. Other bodies might not have oxygen but they do definitely have other gases. Does that make them a vacuum? undecided
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2007
The one thing most all those with the hoax story do not understand is that the only way we know most of what we know of the moon today is from what was actually brought back from the moon, and recorded there. not by machines but by the so called men who walked on the moon which you deny. If you then come back to throw back in my face the very evidence that these men brought back as your proof that they did not go there, then you tell me how else you came about all the information you have today from the moon which you use as your claim to fact.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by babadee(m): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2007
@poster,
yeah, sure, the iraninas went first.

@everybody,
at the height of the cold war, do you think russia didnt monitor the whole event and just acceptd americas claim without verification which is way more intensive than than some silly pic analysis?
plsss stop the hating and think of getting naija there.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by theboy0808(m): 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2007
If this really did not happen,
Then this is the biggest lie of the 20th century!
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Bawss1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2007
Give it up once more for the Hate America faction! Once again an outrageous claim ( or should I say counter-claim)
from the team of American Haters. Whats next, America invented AIDS, oh wait thats already been used
, u guys never tire.

How do we know for sure that picture of the 'waving' flag is legit in the first place? Thats its not the work of some attention hungry upstart. Is that really from the NASA archives or what?
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
babadee:

@poster,
yeah, sure, the iraninas went first.

@everybody,
at the height of the cold war, do you think russia didnt monitor the whole event and just acceptd americas claim without verification which is way more intensive than than some silly pic analysis?[/b]plsss stop the hating and think of getting naija there.

Thank you for pointing that out to them again please. Russia was in the game with America and for some Reason someone wants to believe russia would not have been first to know and ANNOUNCE That it was fake, if it was?,  LMAO!!!!! Na some [b]elegbe dude
(No offense meant dude) from Nigeria who them never born for that time go know better than America or even Russia and other countries who were in the race, that it was a hoax just CAUSE,   cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by naijaking1: 3:17am On Nov 02, 2007
It's ok if one just doesn't care for America, but try not to make a fool of yourself doing that.

Unless you've been to Sabon Gari, you can't argue with someone who claims he's been there, if you never see Ojuelegba Roundabout, how can you begin to debate and break your head about how 'motor take dey drive round and round'.

You can study the angle of the light on Neil Armstrong all you want, unless you have the technology to go to space as did the Russians, you really shouldn't open your mouth to make a fool of yourself.

Doing so, will do the forum no good.

Naija people should know that because 'say some attention seeking white person' said something doesn't make it fool or intellectual proof.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by my2cents(m): 3:28am On Nov 02, 2007
naijaking,

and to drill your sabon gari analogy close to home, let me chip in with this proverb, "na only man wey no dey live inside bush dey complain say mosquito dey bite am" tongue tongue
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Kobojunkie: 3:39am On Nov 02, 2007
Oh Boy !!!!  I am sure the dude mdsocks is not against WHITES or making it a white on black or race issue or even an America on blacks issue. If that was the case, I would have been out of here a long time ago.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by naijaking1: 7:05am On Nov 02, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Oh Boy !!!! I am sure the dude mdsocks is not against WHITES or making it a white on black or race issue or even an America on blacks issue. If that was the case, I would have been out of here a long time ago.

No need to read things out of context everytime. Anybody who watched this youtube video by the poster will have no doubt that a white British 'professor' was the main character.

Where did you see white vs. black?, or American on black issue?

Dude, you've got to keep your thought straight, or else go to sleep.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by texazzpete(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2007
In fact, i feel somewhat foolish. i actually thought mdsocks was a science student looking for answers, someone who was looking for cold, hard facts and scientifically backed logic to make up his mind.
His recent posts not only disabuse me of the notion, but leaves me immeasurably saddened as to the state of intelligent minds in this country. i believe in logic, cold and simple and for someone to start on that trend and then abandon logic for generic, no-brainer statements is plain absurd.

but does anybody really need me to post fancy links and articles before they make up their minds? Can an intelligent, sentient being not ask himself one question

'If indeed there was a wind brisk enough to make a flag wave, why is there no moving dust blown along with the 'wind'?'

and
'Why do we expect to find pitch black shadows from a man standing on a light-grey, well-illuminated sphere?'

Scientists say the Human brain is the most advanced computer in the world. We ought to use it!
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2007
naijaking1:

It's ok if one just doesn't care for America, but try not to make a fool of yourself doing that.

Unless you've been to Sabon Gari, you can't argue with someone who claims he's been there, if you never see Ojuelegba Roundabout, how can you begin to debate and break your head about how 'motor take dey drive round and round'.

You can study the angle of the light on Neil Armstrong all you want, unless you have the technology to go to space as did the Russians, you really shouldn't open your mouth to make a fool of yourself.

Doing so, will do the forum no good.

Naija people should know that because 'say some attention seeking white person' said something doesn't make it fool or intellectual proof.

I am not going to get into a game of "twister" with you but did your posting the WHITE PERSON reference there mean you were not thinking WHITE and Black there ? Cause Like I said earlier,  this from the beginning was never a WHITE ON BLACK issue but simply that mdsocks was trying to show me information ( new) to back up his claim against the moon walk without making this a RACE on RACE issue.

Like I mentioned in my post, I do not believe he was making it an AMERICA vs the world issue, like I have seen many of these threads do. Heck, if that was the case, I would have bailed on this thread a long time ago. He was simply stating that he did not believe the moonwalk ever happened and I was pushing him for information to back up his claim based on his own personal research and not the same old lines we have gotten from the same Nasa team to support their own claim that they walked on the moon.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by MP007(m): 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2007
wow! who gives a dam!
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2007
texazzpete:

In fact, i feel somewhat foolish. i actually thought mdsocks was a science student looking for answers, someone who was looking for cold, hard facts and scientifically backed logic to make up his mind.
His recent posts not only disabuse me of the notion, but leaves me immeasurably saddened as to the state of intelligent minds in this country. i believe in logic, cold and simple and for someone to start on that trend and then abandon logic for generic, no-brainer statements is plain absurd.

but does anybody really need me to post fancy links and articles before they make up their minds? Can an intelligent, sentient being not ask himself one question

'If indeed there was a wind brisk enough to make a flag wave, why is there no moving dust blown along with the 'wind'?'

and
'Why do we expect to find pitch black shadows from a man standing on a light-grey, well-illuminated sphere?'

Scientists say the Human brain is the most advanced computer in the world. We ought to use it!

oh, sorry for not answering you since
i got busy

About what you wrote here, am not offended at all,
I just had a chat with my friend carlosein, so the laughter we had at the conclusion was what i brought over here
I am here to learn things, i would have loved if you keep to the topic and not going personal

I have been reading through your pocts and you have not convinced me atall that the moon landing was hoax

I want to be a student now.
Pls can you lecture me on what you think about the moon landing with facts cool
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by amaikama(m): 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2007
Am curious. If truly there is air on the lunar surface, going by the current flagging of the American flag. wouldn't it also be nice to see some dusty soil from the lunar surface been blowing from one place to another or the current of the wind is not all that strong to move the dusty soil but the America flag? Am not a science student but just curious to know.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by texazzpete(m): 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2007
mdsocks:

oh, sorry for not answering you since
i got busy

About what you wrote here, am not offended at all,
I just had a chat with my friend carlosein, so the laughter we had at the conclusion was what i brought over here
I am here to learn things, i would have loved if you keep to the topic and not going personal

I have been reading through your pocts and you have not convinced me atall that the moon landing was hoax

I want to be a student now.
Please can you lecture me on what you think about the moon landing with facts cool

I'm not trying to convince you the mon landing was a hoax grin
What is known is that teh Americans actually landed on the moon. Lots of conspiracy theorists will tell you otherwise, but in the face of cold, hard logic their 'facts' just melt away in the wind. The shameful thing is that their theories are so easily explained away.
please read some of the links i provided to check out al the rebuttals to al these theories.
Some things can be solved by just thinking about it, though. Another no-brainer question is, why didn't the russians, ith their all powerful intelligence agencies find out it was a hoax and use it to discredit the US all those eyars ago? It's because it really is true, man DID go to the moon.
Remember that hundreds of world-famous, extremely experienced geologists have handled and studied rocks retreived from the moon. Don't you think they'd know a rock that didn't come from our planet when they saw it?

amaikama:

Am curious. If truly there is air on the lunar surface, going by the current flagging of the American flag. wouldn't it also be nice to see some dusty soil from the lunar surface been blowing from one place to another or the current of the wind is not all that strong to move the dusty soil but the America flag? Am not a science student but just curious to know.

Now THAT's called using your brains! We need people who can think like this.
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by pmdaboh(f): 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2007
@Poster

You say you did some research. What were the professonal and valid research methods you used, for I would like to know?

I thought I had heard many funny things on nairaland, but this takes the "cake" as we say in America. What are your credentials to denounce this accomplishment. If you cannot produce a valid, concrete, and reasonable research method you used with facts (not an incorrect article from the internet, which is not considered reliable information), then why waste people's time by publishing information that is not valid.

It is like me making a statement about Nigeria or Africa (not living there and not knowing too much about it directly), and passing that false information to others.

Where is your expertise in this area? I find this post utterly ridiculous!
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by parislomo(f): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2007
I honestly wish I could give an insight into this thread but nothing is clicking (oops, )! Everyone seems to be making sense and yet everyone seems to be losing it! I wish the last man standing. . . . (dunno what to wish the person). I could never make it as a scientist anyway. . . So all the best people
Re: Hoax! America Didnt Go To The Moon! by Ralvy(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2007
I can't be surprised sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kaduna Train Bombing Among 10 Major Global Rail Attacks Since 2010 / Oshiomhole Appealing To Nigerians To Avoid Protest Over New Naira Design Policy / FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.