Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Can Heaven Satisfy All? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Heaven Satisfy All? (2679 Views)

Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2012
^
Did Jesus say nobody knows when He'd come back, even Him?
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 1:05am On Apr 02, 2012
mazaje?
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 7:33am On Apr 02, 2012
Image123: ^
Did Jesus say nobody knows when He'd come back, even Him?

I thought he is God? So how can he not know when he will come back . . .He said no body knows the specific day, time or hour. . .But he told many people that he will come back during their life time(he didn't specify the day time or hour), I have already given you the bible passages. . he told the Chief priest that he will see him return from the clouds, told his disciples that they should run from persecution before the finish running from all the cities of Israel he will come back, said all the things he talked about will happen during that generation and he will come back. . .That was 2000 years ago. . .Even the people that brought the Jesus fable to you have moved on. . .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2012
Please give me a yes or no. I need that little part clear for take off, thank you.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2012
Image123: Please give me a yes or no. I need that little part clear for take off, thank you.

He didn't say no body will know the period, just said no body will know the day, time and hour. .There is a difference btw the two. . .Yes he did in anser to your question. .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2012
Thank you. Neither did He say that the period will be before His disciples die, or that it would be 2000years ago. He said it severally that no man knew the time. It would be contradictory to emphasize that He told them the time.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the TIME is.
Mar 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Hour there signifying period, not necessarily quarter to four or stuff like that. There are a dozen more scriptures that clearly state that the time is unknown, or if you prefer, undetermined. I would not bore you with them. Let's look through some of the scripture you've quoted though.

I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Mark 13:30
'This generation' refers to the generation that would experience all that is talked about in mark 13. Things like
Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Mar 13:25 And the s[b]tars of heaven shall fall[/b], and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Mar 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
These are yet to happen to the best of my knowledge. I'd explain the other two later, or perhaps on phone. My computer battery is down.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2012
Thank you. Neither did He say that the period will be before His disciples die, or that it would be 2000years ago. He said it severally that no man knew the time. It would be contradictory to emphasize that He told them the time.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Hour there signifying period, not necessarily quarter to four or stuff like that. There are a dozen more scriptures that clearly state that the time is unknown, or if you prefer, undetermined. I would not bore you with them. Let's look through some of the scripture you've quoted though.

I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Mark 13:30
'This generation' refers to the generation that would experience all that is talked about in mark 13. Things like
Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Mar 13:25 And the s[b]tars of heaven shall fall[/b], and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Mar 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
These are yet to happen to the best of my knowledge. I'd explain the other two later, or perhaps on phone. My computer battery is down.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
Image123: Thank you. Neither did He say that the period will be before His disciples die, or that it would be 2000years ago. He said it severally that no man knew the time. It would be contradictory to emphasize that He told them the time.

He told the chief priest that he will see him return in the clouds, didn't specify the time or date. . .Meaning the chief priest will be alive to witness his coming. . .He told his disciples that they should run from one city to another to avoid persecution and before they finish running he will return. .He didn't specify the date or time. . .

He very clearly said that no body knows the day, time or hour but the generation listening to him will not pass before all that he said will come to pass. . That was 2000 years ago. . Keep waiting for a myth that will never happen. . .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by ea7(m): 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
And another bible contradiction. Jesus also said, I and the Father are one. Ar, not were or will be but are present tense. Now he doesn't know what he knows? Can any one say Multiple Personality Disorder?
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
^you're simply believing what you choose to believe in exercising your freewill. The passage is clear enough for the sincere reader.
Question: tell us, WHEN shall these things be? mark 13v4
Answer: of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son. Mark 13v32
If you have good study materials, you may also observe that verse 24 to 31 is a paragraph. And that Jesus was referencing the generation to experience the events in the paragraph. How rational is it to state VERILY in verse 30, and then go on from verse 32-37 to state UNCERTAINTY if it's the same event and people?
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by ea7(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2012
Image123: ^you're simply believing what you choose to believe in exercising your freewill. The passage is clear enough for the sincere reader.
Answer: of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son. Mark 13v32
If you have good study materials, you may also observe that verse 24 to 31 is a paragraph. And that Jesus was referencing the generation to experience the events in the paragraph. How rational is it to state VERILY in verse 30, and then go on from verse 32-37 to state UNCERTAINTY if it's the same event and people?
The bb says d son nd father r one.
D father noes sumtin d sun duz not,
there4, dey r nt one. There 4 contradiction
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
Image123: ^you're simply believing what you choose to believe in exercising your freewill. The passage is clear enough for the sincere reader.

FAIL, he was addressing a group of people living in a particular generation and told them that this generation will not pass before these things will happen . . .He said no one knows that hour, day or time, he was specific about what no one knew, that is the hour and the day, He didn't say no one knows the period, he ONLY said no one knows the day and time specifically. . He also said many time that the kingdom of God was at hand i.e close to its end. . Told the people that there generation will not pass before he comes, told the chief priest that he will see him return from the clouds didn't tell him the time and hour, told his disciples he will return before the finish going round Israel didnt specify the time and hour. . .All he said was that no one knows the day and hour, but he clearly told them he will return during their life time. . .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by antartica(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
Third worldleans will still remain in the ghetto in heaven of course.They will still Bleep up,Sstill beg,even up there because they are inherently built to be miserable as long they keep overlooking reasoning.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2012
@mazaje
To the other two passages Matthew 26v64 and Matthew 10v23. These and such-like passages are pointers to the divinity of Jesus, His omniscience, and His personality as the WORD. He used words like He was the Word. His words in the gospels reveal that He knew the gospels would be written, and He spoke not just to one, but more than one, even to all.
He spake to satan while people around could only see Peter. He spoke to spirits while people around only saw sick folk. He spoke to demons and forces while people around only saw raging waters and the insa.ne. He spoke to Nicodemus in a speciality that speaks to every man till today, saying "you MUST be born again". When He spoke to his 12disciples and the high priest(as you suppose, not imagining that 'you' could be plural as seen in the Amplified), He was speaking to all INCLUDING YOU. Revelation 1v7 is more emphatic. It says "Behold He cometh with clouds, and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM " etc including mazaje, not just the high priest. It's not limited to the death of the high priest. It's an event you will see, keep waiting. I Am
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
@mazaje and co
And you can add 2Peter 3v3-10 to your Bible knowledge.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
Image123: @mazaje
To the other two passages Matthew 26v64 and Matthew 10v23. These and such-like passages are pointers to the divinity of Jesus, His omniscience, and His personality as the WORD. He used words like He was the Word. His words in the gospels reveal that He knew the gospels would be written, and He spoke not just to one, but more than one, even to all.
He spake to satan while people around could only see Peter. He spoke to spirits while people around only saw sick folk. He spoke to demons and forces while people around only saw raging waters and the insa.ne. He spoke to Nicodemus in a speciality that speaks to every man till today, saying "you MUST be born again". When He spoke to his 12disciples and the high priest(as you suppose, not imagining that 'you' could be plural as seen in the Amplified), He was speaking to all INCLUDING YOU. Revelation 1v7 is more emphatic. It says "Behold He cometh with clouds, and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM " etc including mazaje, not just the high priest. It's not limited to the death of the high priest. It's an event you will see, keep waiting. I Am

grin grin. . .Image123. . .You are a funny spin master. . .I will rather go with what the bible says than your spins. . .Jesus was specific he promised and he failed instead of accepting it as it is you prefer to come up with some explanations so that you can keep believing in the mythology. . .That is what all religious people do by the way. . .Just had a debate with tbaba123 on another thread, showed him that there was a sicnetific error in the koran, he came up with an explanation , i showed him it was wrong, came up with another one, i still showed him it was wrong then concluded that its interpretation error but the koran is right. . grin grin. .That is what all of you guys do, discard reality and hold onto age long myths. . .He specifically told his disciples that before they finish going round Israel while hiding from persecution, he will return. . .Are Christians today running round Israel hiding from persecution?. . .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by antartica(m): 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2012
Will understanding the story of Horus,the ancient egyptian god help convince africans that jesus story was a replica of the Egyptians man-god story that has been part of egyptian religion thousands of years before the said jesus was born?

Egyptian religion pre dates christianity and most of the magical intonations in christianity,the man-god divinity and what have not were copied from the ancient egyptians,same way islam copied christianity but some variatios too.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by antartica(m): 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
The truth shall set you free was not invented by jesus,it is a saying that has been coming out from the mouth of sages thousands of years before christ.And it is saying that is still applicable today which in other words means,knowledge is power.

Knowing the truth is like kifting the world off your shoulders.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by antartica(m): 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
[quote author=antartica]The truth shall set you free was not invented by jesus,it is a saying that has been coming out from the mouth of sages thousands of years before christ.And it is saying that is still applicable today which in other words means,knowledge is power.

Knowing the truth is like lifting the world off your shoulders.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
@mazaje
i'm not spinning it, simply explaining it. It's up to you to show me/us that it is wrong. You've read Revelation, you've read Peter? They corroborate what i'm saying. You're only being narrow-minded because you want the Bible to be wrong. And yes, there are christians currently persecuted in Israel, and they'd not complete a run round until Jesus comes. Maybe you think israel is the size of your village or something. I hope emofine would not scream in horror when she sees what we've done to the thread BTW.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
i'm not spinning it, simply explaining it. It's up to you to show me/us that it is wrong. You've read Revelation, you've read Peter? They corroborate what i'm saying. You're only being narrow-minded because you want the Bible to be wrong. And yes, there are christians currently persecuted in Israel, and they'd not complete a run round until Jesus comes. Maybe you think israel is the size of your village or something. I hope emofine would not scream in horror when she sees what we've done to the thread BTW.

You are spinning it because you want it to be true, i have read the words of Jesus, and he was clear to his disciples, the chief priest and to the people he ddressed when he told them that he will return during their life time . .You are a liar if you claim that they are jewish christians running from one city to another in Israel because of persecution. . .Even the arab christians do not run from one city to another in fear of persecction in present day Israel. . .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Heathen(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
lmao at jesus. What a douchebag! I feel sorry for those that awaited his return. I would have loved to see the look on their faces when death pays them a visit and they realize jesus is not coming in their life time. They would probable be like 'jhizuzzz! nigga, feck youuuuu' with their dieing breath.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2012
I don't want the Bible to be true. It's true whether i want it or no. You're simply misunderstanding Jesus, the Saviour of sinners. None of the disciples affirmed that Jesus would come in their lifetime. On the contrary, it appeared that they felt Jesus would come back after they were dead.
"Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? " (John 21:23).
And i said there are christians currently persecuted in Israel, i didn't say there are jewish christians running all over israel. Stop putting sly words in my mouth.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2012
Image123: I don't want the Bible to be true. It's true whether i want it or no. You're simply misunderstanding Jesus, the Saviour of sinners. None of the disciples affirmed that Jesus would come in their lifetime. On the contrary, it appeared that they felt Jesus would come back after they were dead.
"Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? " (John 21:23).
And i said there are christians currently persecuted in Israel, i didn't say there are jewish christians running all over israel. Stop putting sly words in my mouth.

What has the verse you posted got anything to do with this topic? Jesus clearly told specific people that they will see him return from the clouds, that he will return during their generation and that before they finish going round the cities of Israel from persecution he will return. .Yet you are here quoting from a verse that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. . .The verse you posted supports what I have been saying the more. . .Are christians running from city to city in fear of persecution in Israel today?. . .Who are those persecuting christians in Israel today?. . .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 4:08am On Apr 03, 2012
@mazaje
You do err out of true ignorance. How can one ask what John 21 has to do with what we're discussing? We are talking about Christ's return. It's real pity if satan blinds you to something so obvious. Here it is again.
"Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23.Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? " (John 21:21-23).
This is clearly talking about Jesus coming again, i wonder why atheists are usually assertive on issues they know next to nothing of.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by ea7(m): 6:42am On Apr 03, 2012
You do err out of true ignorance. How can one ask what John 21 has to do with what we're discussing? We are talking about Christ's return. It's real pity if satan blinds you to something so obvious. Here it is again.
"Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23.Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? " (John 21:21-23).
This is clearly talking about Jesus coming again, i wonder why atheists are usually assertive on issues they know next to nothing of.
The last statement was not needed, dont you know some atheists were once christians?
Mark-70 CE
Matthew
Luke
John-110 CE
A forty year gap actually means something when you claim to be writing history. And, how old was John when he penned this?
Muslims can interprete their books like you are doing but people like you will always shoot them down. This passage is meaningless, christian tradition says the disciples were murdered (Though if they existed and had your attitude and buzugees, it would be shocking if they weren't) i.e , they didn't live very long. In this light the passage means that Jesus can preserve john till he comes (in that time period).
BTW have you ever read those messianic "prophecies" objectively? You would find out why Jews don't beleive in Jesus
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 7:16am On Apr 03, 2012

I repeat, this further supports my case, the verse you quoted goes like this from another version. . .

Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

From the above we can conclude that people were already saying that Jesus told the disciple that they will not die until he returns, but the person writing the passage wrote that Jesus did not say that he said if he wants he can keep him alive till he returns at that time period(meaning his return was imminent and very close as he has told others to expect him during their life times at that period). . . .The bible is very clear, Jesus told many people to expect him during their life time. . .
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
The last statement was not needed, dont you know some atheists were once christians?
Not many. It's very hard to be a true christian, with a personal experience of God and then become an atheist. maybe an agnostic, a God-hater. So, the statement holds deep.

A forty year gap actually means something when you claim to be writing history. And, how old was John when he penned this?
This is lazy. So it's either the Bible is right when it seems to suit you(seeming to support that Jesus would not come), or the Bible is adulterated when it doesn't suit you (seeming to support that Jesus is coming soon). Thumbs up to your atheistic sloth.

Muslims can interprete their books like you are doing but people like you will always shoot them down. This passage is meaningless,
Yeah right, it's meaningless, since it's written in a language you don't understand. BTW, i don't have the time for shooting down anybody.

christian tradition says the disciples were murdered (Though if they existed and had your attitude and buzugees, it would be shocking if they weren't) i.e , they didn't live very long. In this light the passage means that Jesus can preserve john till he comes (in that time period).
Try harder. The passage is clear enough.Bible in Basic English
Joh 21:22 Jesus said to him, If it is my desire for him to be here till I come back, what is that to you? come yourself after me.
Joh 21:23 So this saying went about among the brothers that this disciple would not undergo death: Jesus, however, did not say that he would not undergo death, but, If it is my desire for him to be here till I come back, what is that to you?

BTW have you ever read those messianic "prophecies" objectively? You would find out why Jews don't beleive in Jesus
Tell me more, PLEASE.
Psa 22:1 My God, my God, why are you turned away from me? why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my crying?
Psa 22:8 He put his faith in the Lord; let the Lord be his saviour now: let the Lord be his saviour, because he had delight in him.
Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Go and read your Bible more, you'd know why Jews don't believe in Jesus.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by ea7(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2012
Image123:
Not many. It's very hard to be a true christian, with a personal experience of God and then become an atheist. maybe an agnostic, a God-hater. So, the statement holds deep.

This is lazy. So it's either the Bible is right when it seems to suit you(seeming to support that Jesus would not come), or the Bible is adulterated when it doesn't suit you (seeming to support that Jesus is coming soon). Thumbs up to your atheistic sloth.

Yeah right, it's meaningless, since it's written in a language you don't understand. BTW, i don't have the time for shooting down anybody.

Try harder. The passage is clear enough.Bible in Basic English
Joh 21:22 Jesus said to him, If it is my desire for him to be here till I come back, what is that to you? come yourself after me.
Joh 21:23 So this saying went about among the brothers that this disciple would not undergo death: Jesus, however, did not say that he would not undergo death, but, If it is my desire for him to be here till I come back, what is that to you?

Tell me more, PLEASE.
Psa 22:1 My God, my God, why are you turned away from me? why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my crying?
Psa 22:8 He put his faith in the Lord; let the Lord be his saviour now: let the Lord be his saviour, because he had delight in him.
Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Go and read your Bible more, you'd know why Jews don't believe in Jesus.

ooh ooh ooh ooh, can we get to the point where you type out the full psalm.
Oh? Did you just pull a no true scotsman fallacy? I'm not saying the bible is right, i'm saying it's confused!
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
@mazaje
I repeat, this further supports my case,
Well, it's a better thing to repeat than to repeat ignorant statements like "What has the verse you posted got anything to do with this topic? you are here quoting from a verse that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic."

the verse you quoted goes like this from another version. . .

Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

From the above we can conclude that people were already saying that Jesus told the disciple that they will not die until he returns, but the person writing the passage wrote that Jesus did not say that he said if he wants he can keep him alive till he returns at that time period(meaning his return was imminent and very close as he has told others to expect him during their life times at that period).
Well then, your ignorance is by choice. One thing the passage proves is that there was NO SURETY that Jesus would return in the lifetime of His disciples, contrary to the phabuu you've been feeding us.
CONTEMPORARY ENGLISH VERSION
John 21:22 Jesus answered, "What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return? You must follow me."
John 21:23 So the rumor spread among the other disciples that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say he would not die. He simply said, "What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return?"

In your face again,
Luke 21:7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for[b] the powers of heaven shall be shaken. [/b]
Luk 21:27 And THEN shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

It is in the period, time, generation that these signs happen that Jesus would come. The events follow one another. The things\signs before and preceeding the second coming of Christ are yet to happen. Nobody knows when these things would happen, but when the begin, be sure that Jesus is 'near the corner' i.e His second coming BTW, not the rapture. Do you even have the capacity for this? smh. The generation that experiences the signs would not pass away until Jesus comes. And like i told you earlier, EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM, including you mazaje, and your high priest friend.

The bible is very clear, Jesus told many people to expect him during their life time.
How that's clearer to you than the disciples, the apostles, and christians beat my imagination. Take orrection, and beat it.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by Image123(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
ea7: ooh ooh ooh ooh, can we get to the point where you type out the full psalm.
Oh? Did you just pull a no true scotsman fallacy? I'm not saying the bible is right, i'm saying it's confused!
What's the point of typing out the full psalm? Later, you'd ask for the full book. I highlighted points that show that Jesus was the expected Messiah. Atheists and fallacies, you need a certificate in those things man.
Re: Can Heaven Satisfy All? by mazaje(m): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2012

Well, it's a better thing to repeat than to repeat ignorant statements like "What has the verse you posted got anything to do with this topic? you are here quoting from a verse that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic."

I didn't read it well. . .Still supports what I am saying. . .

Well then, your ignorance is by choice. One thing the passage proves is that there was NO SURETY that Jesus would return in the lifetime of His disciples, contrary to the phabuu you've been feeding us.
CONTEMPORARY ENGLISH VERSION
John 21:22 Jesus answered, "What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return? You must follow me."
John 21:23 So the rumor spread among the other disciples that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say he would not die. He simply said, "What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return?"

Jesus clearly told his disciples that they he will come back before they finish running through the cities of Jerusalem. . .He also told the chief priest that he will see him return from the clouds. . .I didn't say that Jesus did and it never happened. . .

In your face again,
Luke 21:7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for[b] the powers of heaven shall be shaken. [/b]
Luk 21:27 And THEN shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, [size=18pt]This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.[/size]

It is in the period, time, generation that these signs happen that Jesus would come. The events follow one another. The things\signs before and preceeding the second coming of Christ are yet to happen. Nobody knows when these things would happen, but when the begin, be sure that Jesus is 'near the corner' i.e His second coming BTW, not the rapture. Do you even have the capacity for this? smh. The generation that experiences the signs would not pass away until Jesus comes. And like i told you earlier, EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM, including you mazaje, and your high priest friend.

He predicted and failed. . .He clearly stated that this generation will not pass without the things he listed happening. . .That was a big fail. . The generation has passed and nothing happened just as he told his disciples that before they finish running round Israel he will return. .Two big FAILS. . .You can lie all you want and spin all you want, the bible is very clear, he was referring to that generation because he was addressing a crowd. . .Remember they asked him when shall it be and he concluded by telling the crowd that their generation will not pass without the things happening. . .

How that's clearer to you than the disciples, the apostles, and christians beat my imagination. Take orrection, and beat it.

Correction or delusion. . .Did Jesus not tell his disciples that before they finish running from city to city he will return?. . .Spin all you want but Jesus promised and failed. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

To Those Blaming God For Nepal Quake / Video Shows Hillsongs Brian Houston Knew About Open Gays In Choir / Why U Should Thank GOD Each Time U Visit Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.