Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,527 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32419 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
naijasexy: [size=14pt]She looked at him for a second and focused her eyes on the ground where she stood. Why was he everywhere she went? Was he stalking her? Her heart thumped at the possibility of that. Don’t be ridiculous Simi, he couldn't be trailing your every move, she persuaded herself. How did he know she would be getting a drive from Cindy’s friend to the market? How? She had to leave his presence this moment. She had to look for an excuse to go back to the hostel. She thought of telling Cindy that she had forgotten her phone in the room but Cindy had seen her put it in her purse so that wouldn’t make a very good lie. Lord, give me ideas, give me ideas. I need to get out of here. But the ideas were not forthcoming.
Cindy had an inkling that there was something dreadfully wrong with Simi,tension had built up in the air since the moment she arrived, so much so, that it could be cut with a blunt knife. She decided to ignore her intuition and urged Simi to get in the car, but Simi was hesitant. “Simi enter now! Na wa oo. Time is going, look, it’s ten minutes to four already” Cindy said pointing her left wrist where her WATCHED was tightly strapped, towards Simi. It was indeed an awkward moment but Cindy couldn’t make out what all the awkwardness was all about. “Simi this is Nat,” She said pointing to her friend who was drumming his fingers on the steering out of impatience, “and this is Ibrahim, Senator Gafaru’s son” Cindy continued as Nat started the ignition. She knew Ibrahim didn’t like being introduced with the ‘senator title’ but she couldn’t help it. She would tell anyone who cared to listen, that she was friends with a senator’s son and not even Ibrahim could deter her from spreading the word. “It’s nice to meet both of you.” Simi uttered, clumsily. She tried to pretend as though Ibrahim was a total stranger but her eyes and lack of composure gave her away. “Err what is going on here? Simi, have you met any of them before?” Cindy asked in a low tone. Unwilling to answer the question, she threw her face towards the window to get some fresh air. The sun was starting to go down and it was getting windy. She sat quietly throughout the 15 minute drive to the market, not making any utterances or engaging in discussions. She immersed herself in thoughts of Ibro as the car sped away, raising a trail of dust behind them..[/size]
I don't know how to embolden words on the phone i used to type this, so i just rewrote it in capital letters,isn't that supposed to be "watch"instead?

naijasexy: [size=14pt]With the assistance of both guys, Simi and Cindy loaded the bags that contained their groceries into the boot. They had not been able to buy everything on the list since all the traders had been rushing to close for the day, but they had gotten most. They would have to have rice for dinner instead of the eba and egusi they originally planned they’d cook, as they had combed the whole market for palm oil but still couldn’t find any to buy. Nathaniel and Ibrahim had to wait in the car while both girls were in the market. They had discussed them and talked about the little drama that happened earlier that evening. "Ibro!” Nathaniel called, in his naturally shaky voice. “Yes?” Ibro croaked, turning his head to look at his friend. “I have been trying to figure out why your countenance changed when you saw Cindy. Do not tell me you are still angry with her over what happened between you two.” Ibrahim tensed all the muscles in his face as he tried to answer the question. His throat tightened and his chin grew taut. “How many times do you need me to remind you that the days of brooding over Cindy are over? I am no longer angry with her but I might as well be, if you continue to recount my misfortunes by reminding me constantly about that ugly incidence.” “Hey chill out bro,” Nathaniel placated. “You often times take things too seriously. I was just trying to decipher why you had a mood swing when you saw Cindy, it even got worse when you saw her friend.” “It had nothing to do with Cindy,” Ibrahim insisted. “It had nothing to do with her at all. Nat, do you know that girl? Cindy’s friend?” There was an outburst of laughter form Nat and that flustered Ibrahim. “You see why I don’t like asking you anything? Sometimes I even wonder how we have managed to remain friends for this long. Come out of your foolishness and answer the damn question. Do you know her?” By now, Nat was wiping off the tears he had conjured as a result of his laughter. He attempted to speak but started laughing again. “Ibro, I pray that God would deliver you from the clutches of women. So you have your eyes on her eh? I must BEEN a slowpoke for thinking otherwise,” Nat burst out laughing again. “Nat, I also know you are out to annoy me this evening, but I would disregard any efforts you make to that effect. I know you like the shelf in my bedroom, and from what I can tell, you are up to no good this evening so I won’t bother you with any questions again. In fact, ignore the one I asked you before.” He opened the pigeon hole to look for loose paper to fan himself. He couldn’t find any and that agitated him the more. “Ibro, I was just joking now. Chei! You seriously need to sign up for anger management classes. Anyway, to answer your question, yes I know her and no, I do not know her.” By now Ibro had calmed down and could manage a smile. “What do you mean? Please don’t go all parabolic with me.” Ibrahim warned. “Okay, okay, okay. Joking apart, she used to live on my grandma’s street and I’d seen her a couple of times but never spoke to her. I don’t think she lives there anymore sha, though I haven’t been to that area since my grandma passed away.” Nat said in an unusually sober tone. “Hmm. How come I never knew her then? How come I’d never seen her before yesterday? I,” You saw her yesterday?” Nat cut in “Aha. That explains a lot. Anyway, what’s the deal? Why the sudden interest in her?” “I don’t know her that well yet, but I seem to like her a lot. Call me stupid if you like but I do like her." Ibro said as he shifted to look at the side mirror to see if the girls were coming “You met someone yesterday and you claim to like her already? Come on Ibro, even a neonate would know that’s impossible.” Nat tried to sound rational. “Exactly Nat. That’s the reason for my confusion. Since I set eyes on her yesterday she has been the only thing on my mind. I cannot explain this madness that has come upon me o. I cant.” “We’ll talk about this later” he said when he saw the girls coming. “And just as a warning, if you tell Cindy even a word about this discussion, I would skin you alive. Trust me.” They had both laughed and proceeded to help the girls with their groceries.[/size]
The word should have been "BE" right? Go through the posts again and make corrections if need be,guess you typed hurriedly hence the mistakes sweery,me thinks you need to work on your punctuation and onyinbo pattern of talk don dey plenty for the tori but keep up the good work though,i'm enjoying it,much love to you sexy bebe.

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
@OP- angry instead of you to concentrate on the tori, you and 2buff are toasting eachother angry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2012
@ Freecocoa, thanks jare. Yeah, you are correct. I didn't catch those mistakes when I read through. I would correct them now. Can you elaborate on what you mean by onyibo pattern of talk? I am not clear on that. Thanks. smiley As for the punctuation, you would not blame me o. I write a lot of scientific papers and na so we dey punctuate.I have even had to use more commas that I would have used normally. I really don't know what to do about it that would make the story easier for you to read. sad

pDude, lol. Sorry. More concentration on the tori as from now.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
@freecocoa- abeg leave mata for matthias. Nor be lexis and structure class we dey. Na tori the barbie dey nack. If we begin dey pick all the errors, this thread go become something else.

naijasexy: pDude, I see yoooou! hehehehe! cheesy

Me sef dey see you o! grin cheesy tongue smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
pDude what do you think about the punctuation since freecocoa is not the only one that has complained thus far? I am very open to corrections and would be glad to hear your opinion.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mehn this story is gonna be more fun to read than i imagined,hmm chei two friends wanting the same guy is usually wahala.

Err mm sexy,I mean some kinda phrases you use are too oyinboish like"yeah i know right?" ,"you seriously need to sign up for anger management classes" etc,i don't think average naijarians usually use such phrases especially in the north cheesy but hey i could be wrong,i dey talk cos na mostly for onyinbo films i dey hear such phrases wella grin.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 27, 2012
freecocoa: Mehn this story is gonna be more fun to read than i imagined,hmm chei two friends wanting the same guy is usually wahala.

Err mm sexy,I mean some kinda phrases you use are too oyinboish like"yeah i know right?" ,"you seriously need to sign up for anger management classes" etc,i don't think average naijarians usually use such phrases especially in the north cheesy but hey i could be wrong,i dey talk cos na mostly for onyinbo films i dey hear such phrases wella grin.

looooooool. Okay, I get what you mean. I'd try as much as I can to tone down the onyibo lingo. Thank you. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2012
naijasexy: pDude what do you think about the punctuation since freecocoa is not the only one that has complained thus far? I am very open to corrections and would be glad to hear your opinion.

I guess you have to paragraph the conversations and not join them to the body of the story. Also you need to work on the comma usage cos sometimes the story is all jumbled up. Don't forget to also use more paragraphs when needed like after a conversaton or when beginning a new scene or event.

Oya English lecture don finish. Back to the tori cheesy
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
^ Aha! Okay, gotcha. Thanks.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2012
pDude: @freecocoa- abeg leave mata for matthias. Nor be lexis and structure class we dey. Na tori the barbie dey nack. If we begin dey pick all the errors, this thread go become something else.

Err mm Oga sir if you check well you'll see this is dedicated to me, that shows the author is my personal person so chillax,I'm not trying to teach her english language or something but just being a good reader\observer.

She's got talent,who knows? it could turn to something big tomorrow so she needs to know these things,when she decides to turn this into a book,her editor would do same,just pretend i'm her editor for now,thanks.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
naijasexy:

looooooool. Okay, I get what you mean. I'd try as much as I can to tone down the onyibo lingo. Thank you. smiley
Alright let's keep it original naija made,you welcome sexy.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2012
pDude, I'll post some before I sleep. You are four hours ahead of me so you'd probably get them when you wake up. Biko, bear with me, I no like rush rush. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 28, 2012
October 29th, 2006.
Weeks had gone by and school had started in full force. The stress of school was beginning to take a toll on everyone. Students who had looked all fresh and buttered up on the day of resumption now walked about with dark circles around their eyes. The very studious ones had developed eye-bags due to overnight studying. It was already easy to tell apart those who were straight A’s candidates from the popular group- the ones who packed home E’s and F’s at the end of the semester.
The first week had not been as rough as expected. It was centered on familiarizing with the academic environment, getting to know other students/professors, and registering courses. Registration had been tedious as students had had to register non-electronically, because the school’s website was shut down for refurbishment. As the days had passed, university became increasingly difficult. Professors who were initially lenient were beginning to show their ugly sides. There were assignments due almost every day, tests coming up; labs reports to be attended to, one barely had time for oneself.

It was even more difficult for Simi. On top of having to look after a sick mother, she had to juggle working at the restaurant with school obligations. She had formed a good relationship with her roommate over the weeks and they were now very good friends. They did everything from going to classes to cooking meals together. They’d even made it a tradition to pile up loads of laundry over the week, so that they could wash together on Saturdays. They had learned to be more accommodating, and to work with each other’s differences. For instance, before they became roommates, Cindy would always sleep with the lights on but Simi couldn’t but they’d met each other at a midpoint and worked things out.

Her first impression of Cindy had been wrong after all. Cindy had turned out to be easy and breezy, nice and easy -going, approachable and good-humored, with not a single drop of bad blood in her. They had shared personal details about their past with each other and that was when they discovered that they both shared common grounds. Cindy had told her that the closest she had ever been to having a boyfriend was when she had a crush on some guy in her high school that had been emotionally neutral towards her, so she’d had to give up on him. Her father had died from stroke when he was forty-eight years and she was yet a toddler at the time so she did not know him as well as she would have loved to.

In return, she had told Cindy a lot about herself. How her father had denied her when she was yet a fetus in her mother’s womb and how her mother had single-handedly raised her. She had cried when she told Cindy about her mother. Her mother used to be a jovial woman when she was younger. She would smile through all of the hardship she was undergoing, as she encouraged herself that things would get better someday. She was an employee of the local block-molding company where she worked as a laborer, conveying sand and stone, on head pans, from the point where they had been offloaded to the open ground where the molders worked. The company had, however, had to shut down because of the owner’s demise and that marked the beginning of her mother’s problems.
The company had been the only source of income her mother had so it was quite the predicament when she was laid off. The little savings her mother had, depleted rapidly within the first month and through the following months, they lived from hand to mouth as they begged for practically everything. Eventually, they were kicked out of the one bedroom apartment they’d been occupying as they were no longer able to afford the rent. In addition, her mother had become very fond of soliloquizing; it had actually begun to bother her.

It was when she was about to be kicked out from school she had run to her form 5 teacher- Mr Kadri- and she had cried profusely. She had begged him to help her out of her suffering and he had sympathetically taken her and her mother into his home. There, he had slept with her on two occasions and kicked them out when she refused to accede to his wishes of more s[b]ex. She cried even more when she remembered how her mother’s hallucinations became full blown and how her mother had to go live with the town’s only herbalist, who was not able to cure her. She had gone to Aunty Bisi’s restaurant to beg for food one day when out of pity, Bisi offered her employment. She doubled as a cook and waiter at Aunty Bisi’s and lived with her for a period of two years, during which time she went back to school to complete her Senior Secondary education.

When Cindy asked her how she managed to pay for university, she told her about her excellent WAEC grades and the scholarship SSU had awarded her. She did not have to pay tuition or pay for bed space. All she pretty much had to pay was the Facilities Improvement fee and a damage deposit. As for her books,Aunty Bisi had pledged to help with that. Cindy had consoled her after hearing her story and from that day, they shared a bond that could make a set of Siamese twins jealous.
*********************************************************************************
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 3:03am On Mar 28, 2012
Hmm poor simi,na wa o,cindy is already complicating things,small time fight go startsad.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 28, 2012
^^ I know right? I cant wait to see what becomes of the story. Me ma, wey dey write am dey very excited. lol
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 3:09am On Mar 28, 2012
^Yeah i can imagine,lemme go to sleep,gat school in some hours,see ya lerra,i wanna see more by the time I'm back o.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 28, 2012
lol. No problem. I'll try to write more before I go to bed. Lerra. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 28, 2012
It had been one approximately one month since he had last seen her but, he had been thinking about her a lot. He had thought about going to the restaurant where she worked on weekdays to see her but he hadn’t mustered enough courage to execute the thought yet, moreover, he was very busy with school. He was in his final year of University and 90% of his time was allotted to school work. A lot of people considered Political science a lazy man’s choice course of study but it really wasn’t. He had thought the same thing before venturing to study it but one thing was for sure, he wouldn’t do it again in his next life, even if he was bribed with a billion naira.

He had always had a fiery passion for politics since he was a kid, most of the passion, borne out of seeing his father achieve massive success. He wanted to serve his local, state and federal governments one day and he would stop at any length to make that dream a reality. His younger brother had just gained admission into SSU to study Political Science as well. He had been the one Ibrahim accompanied to his Matric the day came across Simi.

Simi! She’d crossed his mind again. He had not found out much about her except the little that Nathaniel had told him- which really wasn’t much at all. He had learned that her mother lived with the town herbalist but that was about it. Nat had dissuaded him from going into a relationship with her because of her poor background. In Nat's words-“She does not meet your social status Ibro so don’t even try it. Your father would be highly disappointed.” Social status? He didn’t care about his social status. He’d had enough bad experiences from dating socialites anyway so why would make ‘social status’ one of the determining factors of who he allowed himself to date? Had he not gone out Rukayat- Senator Banko’s daughter? ; And after her, Cindy- the daughter of an international business mogul? What did they do for him but shatter his heart into numerous unidentifiable pieces?

He’d made up his mind. Tomorrow-Thursday, he’d wait for her at the entrance of her hostel gate at night time. He knew she usually closed from work at eleven-ish so he’d hang around school, study for a while, and proceed to the gate. He would have to part with some money though, he’d have so settle the mai-guards at the main gate first before he could gain entrance at such an odd hour- but that wasn’t a problem because as his father would always tell him, the end justifies the means.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 28, 2012
I'd continue from here tomorrow guys. Got early morning classes tomorrow so I gotta go to bed. See(read from) y'all tomorrow. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 28, 2012
Correct! The tori don dey move. Good! Oya nack more.

I felt really sad reading abt Simi's childhood. Quite painful it was to read that part. You are a good writer naijasexy.

Oya nack more tori jor! grin
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2012
naijasexy: [size=14pt]It had been one approximately one month since he had last seen her but, he had been thinking about her a lot. He had thought about going to the restaurant where she worked on weekdays to see her but he hadn’t mustered enough courage to execute the thought yet, moreover, he was very busy with school. He was in his final year of University and 90% of his time was allotted to school work. A lot of people considered Political science a lazy man’s choice course of study but it really wasn’t. He had thought the same thing before venturing to study it but one thing was for sure, he wouldn’t do it again in his next life, even if he was bribed with a billion naira.

He had always had a fiery passion for politics since he was a kid, most of the passion, borne out of seeing his father achieve massive success. He wanted to serve his local, state and federal governments one day and he would stop at any length to make that dream a reality. His younger brother had just gained admission into SSU to study Political Science as well. He had BEING the one Ibrahim accompanied to his Matric the day came across Simi.

Simi! She’d crossed his mind again. He had not found out much about her except the little that Nathaniel had told him- which really wasn’t much at all. He had learned that her mother lived with the town herbalist but that was about it. Nat had dissuaded him from going into a relationship with her because of her poor background. In Nat's words-“She does not meet your social status Ibro so don’t even try it. Your father would be highly disappointed.” Social status? He didn’t care about his social status. He’d had enough bad experiences from dating socialites anyway so why would make ‘social status’ one of the determining factors of who he allowed himself to date? Had he not gone out Rukayat- Senator Banko’s daughter? ; And after her, Cindy- the daughter of an international business mogul? What did they do for him but shatter his heart into unidentifiable pieces?

He’d made up his mind. Tomorrow-Thursday, he’d wait for her at the entrance of her hostel gate at night time. He knew she usually closed from work at eleven-ish so he’d hang around school, study for a while, and proceed to the gate. He would have to part with some money though, he’d have so settle the mai-guards at the main gate first before he could gain entrance at such an odd hour- but that wasn’t a problem because as his father would always tell him, the end justifies the means.

[/size]
It should be "BEEN" right?

I'm really loving this.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2012
^^ Yes, it should be been. That was again, another oversight. I go correct am now. Thanks sweerie.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2012
pDude: Correct! The tori don dey move. Good! Oya nack more.

I felt really sad reading abt Simi's childhood. Quite painful it was to read that part. You are a good writer naijasexy.

Oya nack more tori jor! grin

Eeya. Simi suffered no be small. sad
Thanks for reading pDude. I'll write more later. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by emofine2(f): 9:57am On Mar 28, 2012
Was the title of this narrative inspired by the name of the defunct band “Jagged Edge”? undecided
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 28, 2012
^No, not at all. Last time I checked, Jagged and Edge were two different words of their own that whosoever chose, could put together to form a phrase that conveyed a certain meaning. If I'd read both their etymologies correctly, they'd existed long before the band "Jagged Edge" came into being.
Thanks though.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by emofine2(f): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2012
naijasexy: ^No, not at all. Last time I checked, Jagged and Edge were two different words of their own that whosoever chose, could be put together to form a phrase that conveyed a certain meaning. If I'd read both their etymologies correctly, they'd existed long before the band "Jagged Edge" came into being.
Thanks though.

Ha true. My mind hovered on the band first probably because of their usual genre of music.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hands locked in each other’s, they were strolling the length and breadth of a park. It was a cold, chilly night, and the park seemed deserted and lonely. All around them seemed dark and void, like a cemetery that had not been utilized in ages. The swishing sounds of leaves on trees that surrounded them could be heard, as a very fierce wind blew with forceful momentum against their faces. All the beautiful birds were gone and the atmosphere seemed so still, but she could hear the chirping of a distant cricket filtering through the silence. She could feel it- the spookiness, the fear, the anger and the anguish. She had no business holding hands with him just like she had no business being at the park at such an evil time of the night. Who she was with, she didn’t know but all she knew was that she had no desire to be with him at this place and time.

Oh no! He was kissing her. She wanted to break free but she couldn’t. He had locked her in a tight embrace and was skillfully undoing her buttons with his free hand, while his other hand cupped her buttocks. Who was he? Why was she with him? How did she get here? Her heart raced like a prey under the attack of an aggressive predator. She was powerless against the force of his chest and her pushes felt like down feathers against a brick wall.

His hands reached for the zip on her trousers and she wiggled to escape his hands, but she had failed. He was going to r-a/p-e her. She screamed but no one could hear her, there was no one to come to her aid. He had not tried to stop her from screaming but had let out a sinister laugh when she did. He lifted his gargantuan hand to her neck and gripped it, pushing her to the floor. He stripped off the only item of clothing she had left and brought out his huge member. He drove it mercilessly into her with deep thrusts and a jet-fast rhythm. He moaned like a disgruntled beast as he relished the feel of her wetness, and ravaged ever cell in her body. The pain was unbearable, the pain was killing, the pain was…

“Jeeesus!” Simi cried out from her sleep. She was covered in sweat and was shivering in the heat of her room. It had been a nightmare, a very bad one at that. She was terrified. She looked at the clock; it was 2am in the morning. “Lord God. What was that about?” She laid her head back on her pillow and tried to find sleep but it eluded her. For the rest of the night, she stared at the ceiling, trying to understand and solve that puzzle of a nightmare she’d just had.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2012
“Simi, have you handed in your Chemistry lab report? You know it is due today at 4pm abi?” Cindy was writing the conclusion of her lab report that was due in thirty minutes.

“Yeah Cindy, I passed it in on Wednesday- yesterday actually. Just wanted to get it done and over with, so I decided to pass it in early.” Simi answered.

“ Really? Na wa for all these smart people o. You guys are the ones that make us look unserious in the eyes of these useless lecturers. Abeg what’s the formula for molarity? I am not really sure of my number one.”

“Which formula did you use?” Simi enquired.

“I used volume over mole but I don’t think it’s correct. Just tell me the formula abeg” She said as she flipped through the pages of her lab manual.

“It’s mole over volume, that’s why the unit of molarity is mol per dm3. If you can memorize the unit,the formula won't be that hard to remember. You this girl sef!” Simi teased.

“Chai, na so I for fail this thing. Thanks a lot dear. Don’t know what I’d do without you” She said as Simi shook her head at her. “Anyway, I can see you are leaving for the restaurant already. I’ll stop by later so that we can come back to the hostel together. I really don’t have much to do tonight anyway so, I might as well.” “Bye-Bye!” She called out to Simi who was already half way through the door.

Working that evening had required a much higher amount of concentration than she usually employed. She couldn’t stop herself from remembering that nightmare she’d had last night. Aunty Bisi had noticed her distractedness, and had called her to a corner to ask her what the problem was, but she’d lied and said she was alright. When Aunty Bisi insisted that she told her what was wrong, she’d said she was on her period and was slightly discomforted because of the pain. That was the quickest lie she could manufacture at such a short notice, and probably the most transparent she’d ever told. Cindy had arrived at her closing time and they were now heading back to school.

“Thanks for deciding to walk me home today Cindy. This path that leads to the hostel could be very lonely sometimes, it really scares me.” Simi confessed to Cindy as they trekked to the hostel.

“You are welcome o. I see no reason why you should be scared though. It is pretty safe here in the university. It’s not like anyone would come out of the bush and r[b]a[/b]pe you or anything.” Cindy jested.

“Hmm. You never know o. It just gives me the creeps sha, that’s all I know.” There was a brief pause before Simi continued. “Have you gotten your car from the mechanic’s? I can see a car parked by the gate.”

“That’s a Honda Accord Simi and mine’s a Toyota Camry. It’s still at the mechanic workshop. The car is probably owned by one of the girls that live in our hostel.” Cindy frowned as she replied."

"Oh, okay. I thought as much" Simi said, as they drew closer to the gate.

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 29, 2012
He could see Simi coming from afar. She was with someone who had a stature similar to that of Cindy but he doubted it was her. The Cindy he knew would rather die than walk, especially at this time of the night. He could see Simi pointing in his direction and he wondered what she and her friend were talking about. As they drew nearer, he could recognize the last dress he had bought for Cindy on the person who was walking with Simi. “Darn!” He said through clenched teeth. “My plans are ruined.” He took a deep breath as he wore the ring of his key holder on the forefinger of his right hand. He had not contemplated the possibility that she would be with anybody, much less Cindy. He thought about entering his car and leaving, but he didn’t want to do that. Not after he had bribed the gatemen heavily and even waited for two hours. They were just steps away now so he had to think of something very quick.

“Hey girls!” He called out at them, smiling sheepishly.

“ Ah ah! Ibro, me kake yi a nan a wannan dare? You should have called me to tell me you were coming to see me tonight now. Anyway what brings you?” Cindy asked.

“Err Cindy, it’s good to see you,” he was already hyperventilating from the nervous attack he was under, “but I am not here to see you. I am here to see someone else actually.”

“ Ooooh! I should have known. So have now found yourself one yarinya in our hostel abi? It’s alright. Who is she?” Cindy tried to feign a friendly laugh. By now she had completely forgotten Simi was standing by the gate waiting for her.

“No no no, she's just a friend. I have been waiting for her here for the past two hours but she hasn't shown up yet. “ He lied.

“Oooh” Cindy muttered in disbelief, raising her brows so that he’d know she had detected he was lying. “Then come to our room now. You can do the waiting in our room, can’t you? The mosquitoes here are brutal and I can imagine just how many bites you've sustained already.”

“Err, okay. No problem. Let’s go then.” He said as he locked the door of his car.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 29, 2012
smiley you sure are a science student naijasexy cos I kinda still remember my Chem157 on molarity. Hahaha. Nice to have 3posts dropped in quick succession. I am waiting for more o.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 29, 2012
^ lol pDude. Yes, I am. Actually studying to become a doctor. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hmm sexy you be hausa babe?

Keep up the good work o,you are almost chancing lola.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Abandoned By Her Fiance After Losing Her Pregnancy / Relationships With Nigerian Men Are Filled With Wahala - UK Lady Narrates / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.