Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,426 members, 7,881,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:00 AM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32420 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Youngsage: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
naijasexy: haha. Thank you jare. smiley
you're welcome
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by lillys(f): 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2012
Still reading..nice smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 31, 2012
Hmmm.. It's 12 AM where I am and I just got back from school. undecided
I'm so tired but would still try to post something sha, to prevent people like pDude from cutting off my head.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 31, 2012
Sunday mornings at the Gafaru’s was sure a time for the family to look forward to. It was the only time when both mom and dad were present together on the dining table to eat with the rest of the family. On other days, it was either Dad was in Minna and mom, at home; or mom was in Minna and dad, at home; or none of them were at home. They’d all had toast and eggs for breakfast but Ibro had refused to have his chocolate beverage and had opted for Lipton instead. “Ibro is watching his height.” His mom had teased when he’d told Sikira-the maid, to brew him a cup of Lipton. How he’d wished his height was all he cared about at that point. He actually felt sick to his stomach and feared that he might puke, had he had anything with milk in it.

That weekend had been a very tough one for him. He had consciously tried to abstain from thinking of what happened with Simi but he couldn’t get himself to think of anything else. He’d wanted to go clubbing on Saturday night to take some of the weight off his shoulders, but he felt let down by his friends and didn’t want to be around them for a while, at least not anytime soon.

Cindy had called early that morning to inform him that she was at her mother’s. She’d asked him if he could come to her house to hang out, but he’d declined. He didn’t want to get himself in a mess by becoming a regular visitor to her house and moreover, she was getting suspiciously fond of him in recent days, he was certainly wondering the reason for her sudden friendliness. He knew he was still vulnerable to her advances and he was trying his best to avoid her as much as he could. He could tell she had ulterior motives when she’d brandished herself before him on Friday night- clad in nothing but a towel, but he was determined not to fall victim to her wantonness.

Now that Simi had let him know her stance, he was free to move on. It wasn’t too hard to see that she didn’t want anything to do with him so why linger on? She’d dashed all hopes of being friends with her, how much more being lovers!
He thought of the possibility of getting back with Cindy but quickly dismissed the thought. He knew that’d be selfish of him as he really didn’t love her anymore. Even if they ever got back together, it would be solely for the sex involved and he definitely wasn’t ready for such emotional attachments at the moment, especially not after the ordeal Simi had made him pass through. “I’d be better off without any woman in my life.” he said as he shielded his eyes from the morning sun that had just begun streaming into his room.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 31, 2012
Gotta sleep now. Update tomorrow morning.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2012
The academic hustling and bustling at SSU was getting tougher. With midterm week approaching, everyone had become edgy and exhausted. The midnight candles had begun to burn and the clubs around town were starting to get smaller turnouts. Cartons of liquor remained piled at the bars as the student patronage had decreased significantly. That week, all students inhabiting the hostels must observe twenty hours of quiet and only four hours of loud speech/music and none of the hostels was exempted from this rule.

To help in adequate preparations for her upcoming midterm tests, Aunty Bisi had given Simi the week off. Simi had been overjoyed by the kind gesture, but she was even more thrilled when Aunty Bisi told her that she would not incur any salary deductions because of that.
Cindy had returned from her mom’s on Wednesday night instead of the Sunday that she’d promised and consequently, they hadn’t had any alone time together; as she was trying to update her notes from all the classes she’d missed. She had stolen Cindy’s phone on two occasions so far, and had even gone through her phone-book but she hadn’t found any number attached to the name Ibrahim or even Ibro. Last night when Dayo called her, he had asked her if she’d been able to get the number and she’d answered in the negative.

He’d told her that he had found out a couple of things about Ibrahim’s past with Cindy but when she asked him to tell her what he’d gathered, he refused to let the cat out of the bag. The only thing he had said to her was that, when next she checked Cindy’s phone, she should focus on the contacts that had pet-names attached to their names. That had made her wonder if Cindy and Ibrahim once had something going on for them, but then again, Cindy had told her that the only ‘boyfriend’ she’d ever had was a high school crush and so, the possibility that she’d once been Ibrahim’s girlfriend was completely out of the question.

For some strange reason, Cindy was in the habit of leaving her phone on the desk- the one they both shared- before going to bed, and that had worked to Simi’s advantage. To make things better, she was a heavy sleeper and wouldn’t stir in her sleep even if there was an earthquake. The only downside to this scheme was that though Cindy slept deep, she was a night owl. She had a habit of working the graveyard shift, but Simi on the other hand was an early sleeper- except on the days when she had to study overnight. She’d had to shake off the thought of adding one of Aunty Bisi’s Lexotan tabs into Cindy’s dinner, as she was beginning to fear that desperation was taking the better side of her and, desperate, was the one thing she didn’t want to be.

Tonight though, she’d look in Cindy’s phone and even Cindy's habitual graveyard shifts would not deter her.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2012
That night, Cindy came back to the hostel sad. She’d gotten her grades for the lab report of the previous week back and she wasn’t pleased with it. Simi had to lie to her that she got a C on the report to make her feel better but that didn’t put a smile on Cindy’s long face.

“You know what? Maybe science is not for me after all. My grades so far have been terribly poor and if I continue in this fashion, I might have to drop out of school earlier than I imagine.” A grief-stricken Cindy lamented.

“You can still make it Cindy.” Simi encouraged. “It’s still too early to be thinking about changing courses. Moreover, if you want to switch from Science to Arts or Business, you might have to sit JAMB again. Is that seriously what you want to do?”

“If that is what it comes to then, yes. I am not coping fine with science and it seems the more I try, the more I fail. Ah! Me, I am tired o.”

“So you would sit JAMB again? Come on Cindy, that’s ridiculous.”

“Err.. I might not have to sit JAMB again if things work out right. You know my friend Ibrahim- the senator’s son?”

Simi’s heart skipped a beat when Cindy mentioned Ibrahim’s name. She blinked twice and then answered. “Yes, that one that came here that night now. I know him.”

“Yeah, I used to be pretty close with his family and I know his father too. With his connections and a little cash, changing courses should not be that much of a hassle. In fact, let me call Ibrahim now. I hope he’s not asleep sha, it’s already Eleven. ” She brought out her phone from her purse to call him. When he’d answered, she signaled to Simi that she was going outside to continue the discussion, but she’d be back.

By the time Cindy returned, Simi was fast asleep. She changed out of her day clothes, mounted the bunk bed, and slept away her pain.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2012
It was 4 AM when Simi suddenly woke up. She’d just had another nightmare and was mighty terrified. It was barely two weeks since she’d had the other nightmarish dream and here she was again, trying to unravel another one. She was at the brink of tears. The se.x-themed dreams were becoming rather frustrating and very, very worrisome.

She got up from her bed with a force that shook the entire bunk, to pick up her hand fan from the desk. This was one of those nights when the hand fan came in handy as for some weird reason, the room was hellishly hot and stuffy and as usual, electricity was out. She felt for the fan but her hand landed on Cindy’s phone instead. Still searching for the fan, she pushed the phone aside and bent to check for it on the chair. Angrily, she turned to go back to sleep when she did not find it, but headed back for the desk upon remembering she hadn’t carried through with her plan of retrieving Ibro’s number from Cindy’s phone. She sighed as she wasn’t sure again, whether to be grateful for the nightmare she’d just had, for without it, she'd have still been asleep.

She craned her neck to look at Cindy. She was fast asleep and snoring like an old truck. Immediately she grabbed the phone and tip-toed to her bed. She was going to follow Dayo’s advice and go to the contacts that bore pet-names, without any further delay.

She looked at the time on Cindy phone, it was 4:18 AM. She’d been searching tirelessly for 15 minutes and still had not found a contact bearing a name that had the most basic semblance to that of Ibro. She was about rising to return the phone when she remembered Ibro’s number was one of the last ones Cindy had called before going to bed the previous night. Her heart was racing and she was giggling like a child who had been given a treat. Immediately, she scrolled through the call log on Cindy’s phone but she did not find what she was looking for. She still hadn’t come across any names like ‘my baby’, ‘my darling’, ‘Sweetheart’.

At this point her eyes were hurting and she was beginning to doubt the credibility of Dayo’s assertions that Cindy could have stored Ibro’s name with an endearing moniker. She scrolled through to the tenth number on the log, scrolled back to the first and was about hitting the ‘end’ button when she saw a contact with the name mijinta. Mijinta was the Hausa word for husband.

She scrolled down, to see the time when Cindy had called this mijinta and saw it was 11:02 pm. That was the same time Cindy had called Ibro last night, she thought. But why would Cindy store his name as ‘husband’? She wondered. She would not concern herself with that now.That would be a concern for another time. She grabbed a pen she found on the floor and scribbled the number attached to mijinta on her left palm. She replaced Cindy’s phone on the exact same spot she’d picked it from, and went back to sleep smilingly, hoping that this time, she'll dream about Ibro. cheesy
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Milkymike1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2012
wow thus is just toi much, pls don't stop now. More pls
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2012
^ Thanks. wink
Would write more tomorrow, by God's grace.
Later.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
Wow casala go soon burst but sexy i think"mijinta" means "her husband", "Mijina" is "my husband" and MIJI is the right word for husband in hausa,someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I just can't wait to read another part,thank you sexy for this stress relief.wink
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2012
^ Okay. Thanks for the correction. My friends are the ones who translate for me and them sef no understand the thing well well. We would just manage whatever they give me because I really want it to have that Hausa flavor(and unfortunately, I cant speak a word of Hausa to save my life.)

I would update tomorrow.. I think it's gonna be interesting. Cant wait to see what happens. wink
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
This story would be continued on the 20th because I've got exams now.
Later.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2012
naijasexy: This story would be continued on the 20th because I've got exams now.
Later.
OMG,you don come with lola pattern o. *crying*

Anyways I'll be waiting sexy and best of luck with your examswink,mine is around the corner too.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2012
^^ Thanks Lovely. I'll definitely continue once I am done.. no worry. I wish you best of luck too. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Kanou(f): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
naijasexy: This story would be continued on the 20th because I've got exams now.
Later.

Ok, here we are, the 20th.

Let's continue! grin
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Jalal(m): 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
Wow @ naijasexy dis tori is great! Read it all at once in a stretch, was disappointed when i reach where u stopped. Wish u success in ur exams, cant wait for d continuation o!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2012
Yes my sexy bebe where are you?its past the 20th already,missing you.sad
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hey my people!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
I am done exams now. Was just waiting to get my results and saw the last one yesterday so I would start posting again this night.

Sorry for the long wait.
Freecocoa, Kisses to you. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
Welcome back sweets,lots of hug and kisses to you too.

But don't know if i can follow up tonight cos i'm ill and my head hurts real bad,just wanted to holla cos i got a notification,i hate being down and uncomfy.sad gosh,so weak.angry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by IZUKWU(m): 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
naijasexy: Hey my people!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
I am done exams now. Was just waiting to get my results and saw the last one yesterday so I would start posting again this night.

Sorry for the long wait.
Freecocoa, Kisses to you. kiss kiss kiss
welcome back, waiting earnestly for your updates. By the way which university are you attending
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
The next morning, Simi woke up to a chill air of sadness that had engulfed the whole school. The courtyard was strangely quiet for that hour of the day and the only noise that could be heard was the rustling sound of wind against the trees, and the sound of windowpanes shaking in their frames. When she had woken up that morning, she had noticed Cindy was not on her bed and her wallet was not on the desk either. She wondered where Cindy had gone so early in the morning and had even messaged her but she was yet to get a reply.

Starting her daily routine, she’d picked up her bucket to go shower and left the room in haste as she was running late. She had walked halfway down the hallway and still hadn’t seen any of the other boarders; it almost felt like she was the only one left in the hostel. She raised the heels of her parched feet as she tried to take a peek into one of the other rooms through a window that was a crack open, but she couldn’t see much.

Was there an emergency that she was not aware of? Did something happen in the night while she was asleep? Where had everyone gone? Where had Cindy gone? She made an attempt to wipe off the stream of sweat that was beginning to form on her head and, as her hand approached her forehead, her eyes caught the smeared ink on her palms. She took a close look at her palm and tried to imagine how she’d managed to get ink on her hands. Then she remembered! Ibro’s number! “Oh my God, I am doomed,” she muttered under her warm breath. She squinted her eyes and tried to make out what the numbers were but it was difficult to see. She must have rubbed her hand against her sheets really vigorously while she slept for the ink had become so faint and illegible. She let out a sigh when she was able to make out all eleven numbers of Ibrahim’s phone number and jogged to her room to write down the number on a piece of paper.

Upon getting to her room, she snatched her phone from her bed to check the time but saw that she had a message. Cindy had replied her. “Simi where are you? Leave the hostel now and come to the main gate, there is trouble in school.” Simi’s heart began beating fast. She was tempted to reply Cindy’s message to ask what the problem but realized that she’d be wasting more time by doing that. As quickly as she could manage, she rid herself of her towel, threw on underwear, a white T-shirt and a faded pair of jeans and sprinted to the main gate of SSU.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
IZUKWU: welcome back, waiting earnestly for your updates. By the way which university are you attending

Hey, I attend the University of New Brunswick, Canada.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
freecocoa: Welcome back sweets,lots of hug and kisses to you too.

But don't know if i can follow up tonight cos i'm ill and my head hurts real bad,just wanted to holla cos i got a notification,i hate being down and uncomfy.sad gosh,so weak.angry

Hey Cocoa, I hope you feel better now? What's wrong with you? sad
Sorry to hear about your illness. May God's strength rest upon you.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
naijasexy:

Hey Cocoa, I hope you feel better now? What's wrong with you? sad
Sorry to hear about your illness. May God's strength rest upon you.
Thanks a lot dear,I've got cold and i feel a little better now though my head still aches.

Just read the part you updated,I guess cult boys don start their wahala for the school cheesy.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
freecocoa: Thanks a lot dear,I've got cold and i feel a little better now though my head still aches.

Just read the part you updated,I guess cult boys don start their wahala for the school cheesy.
Dem say u sick wetin happen? U get belle ni? shocked
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
Her legs could hardly support her to run so she resorted to walking. From a far distance, she could hear wails coming from a large crowd that had formed on the driveway, in front of the gate. People who had disintegrated form the crowd had formed smaller groups and were chatting, some of them crying, others just shaking heads. She messaged Cindy to ask her about her exact location and what she was wearing so that it would be easier for her to find Cindy.

Squeezing herself through, she maneuvered her way to the front of the gate to see what had caused the quagmire that had upset everyone to such a large degree. She stopped dead in her tracks and a chill ran down her spine as she noticed the lifeless bodies on the ground. She turned her eyes away for a second and tightly shut them as she could not stand the sight of what she’d just seen. Opening her eyes and mustering enough courage, she returned her gaze to the three bodies that lay on the floor and tried to keep herself from trembling, as a deep sense of grief overwhelmed her.

She knew she looked awkward and suspicious but she didn’t care, she was almost certain she could recognize one of the bodies and the only way she could ascertain that it was who she thought it was, or who she hoped it wasn’t, was to bend over and take a closer look. She gave off a resounding scream when her fears were confirmed. It was Nathaniel, Cindy’s friend- the one who had given them a drive to the market about a month before. He was lying lifeless on the floor with his eyes rolled back and head tilted in a bizarre angle. She lost her balance when she saw clumps of brain tissue interlaced with dried blood hanging loose from a hole that had been bored in his head, a gunshot wound that must have been the cause of his demise.

She dashed off from the area where the bodies lay, to find Cindy. She had not replied her previous message and Simi was beginning to worry. She squeezed and pushed her way out of the crowd, tears running down her cheeks and head pounding, she continued to search for her roommate.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2012
All academic activity in SSU was cancelled for the day. Though Simi appreciated the fact that she had escaped a long day of classes, she couldn’t be happy about the event that had led to the class-free day. She had not known Nathaniel that well and even though he proved to be a bit conceited the day he had offered them a drive to the market, she still felt a strong sense of pain, and surprisingly, remorse about what had happened to him. Her heart was laden with remorse as she recalled all the bad thoughts she had nursed in her mind about him when he’d stolen glances at her via the rear-view mirror and made her uncomfortable as the rode to the market and back to the hostel that day- the only day she’d ever seen him.

The shrilling sound of her ringtone jolted her out of her thoughts. It was Aunty Bisi calling.

“ Simi, Simi, I have been trying to get through to you oo.” Aunty Bisi was panting. “I just heard about what happened in your school. Where are you Simisayo?”

“I am in school Aunty. I am fine , don’t worry. Aunty Bisi..” Simi broke down in tears.

“Yes Simi, what is the problem? Why are you crying? Did you know any of the guys that were killed?” Bisi enquired.

“ It was actually two guys and a girl Aunty. I knew Just one of them..”

“Yeeeeeee!” Bisi exclaimed. “ Did I know him as well? How did they die?”

“ I don’t know if you know him but he was Cindy’s friend. I only saw him once and I did not really know him very well. I think he was shot but I am not sure how the others died.”

Allah al’ummar mana ai. Okay Simi, please stay safe. If you can, remain in your room all day. Don’t go anywhere okay?”

“Yes aunty.” Simi said, wiping uncontrollable tears off her eyes.

“Okay, stop crying. I might come check on you later depending on when the store closes today. Chances are we might close earlier than usual because of what happened. Just keep your phone with you Simi.”

“Okay aunty.”

“Take care ehn. Bye.”

Her legs were failing her. She couldn’t make it through the short journey to her hostel. She managed to walk to the long verandah of the Agricultural Science building- the closest academic building to her hostel, held on to one of the rusty, black poles that supported the ceiling and without bothering to dust sand off the floor, sat down resignedly- hands on chin and shoulders leaning forward, like a mother who had just lost a child.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by AngelEbi(f): 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
this is nt fair. u are distracting me! thumbs up and kip it coming

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2012
^^ Lol. I am sorry, didn't mean to distract you. cheesy cheesy cheesy hehe!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
enjoying it... naija sexy... no.. world sexy continue.. thumbs up
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by lillys(f): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
interesting...nice work smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Abandoned By Her Fiance After Losing Her Pregnancy / Relationships With Nigerian Men Are Filled With Wahala - UK Lady Narrates / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.