Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32396 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
^ hehe! I knew you'd ask that. No, I am not Hausa but, I've been doing some research on the language for the sake of this story. smiley
Thanks.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by lillys(f): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hmm...read the story thus far nice write up, keep it up smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
^ Thanks darling. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Youngsage: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hii naijasexy! I've been following ur story right 4rm d inception, and i must say its a really interesting piece. U've got talent. Thumbs up girl!! wink
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
^^Aww.. you are far too kind. You've just made my day with your comment and now, I'm encouraged to write more.
Would post more after school today. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by pweetymama(f): 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
Wow!m wet already.waiting for more......
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Idowuogbo(f): 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm sexy you be hausa babe?

Keep up the good work o,you are almost chancing lola.cheesy
Chancing Lola ke?

Na boss!!! Lola gbaski anyday.

9jaoyoyo,Bado is reading o. cool
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
angry

What is all these darling darling darling talk on this thread? angry

Naijasexy I thought you were meant to be telling a story? Why is it that since last night it hasn't been updated? Abeg oya start macking the tori sharply! tongue
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Chancing Lola ke?

I do not intend "chancing" anybody. This is not a competition that I signed up for. She has her writing style and I have mine and there is no similarity whatsoever. Just straightening things up. Thanks for reading. cheesy

pDude, I had a lab report due that's why iv not updated. I'm in school writing this and would update from here, any minute from now. lol @ Darling darling talk.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by IZUKWU(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
naijasexy:

I do not intend "chancing" anybody. This is not a competition that I signed up for. She has her writing style and I have mine and there is no similarity whatsoever. Just straightening things up. Thanks for reading. cheesy

pDude, I had a lab report due that's why iv not updated. I'm in school writing this and would update from here, any minute from now. lol @ Darling darling talk.
love your writing,keep it up.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
Now they were in the room and all Ibrahim wanted to do was get out! Electricity was out and the only source of light they had was a torch that only lit around the desk where it was placed. He had to sit on a dwarfish stool Cindy had fetched him from the hallway with his back against the door because, Simi used the lower bunk and although he was bold by nature, he wasn’t bold enough to ask her if he could sit on her bed. Moreover, that’s where she’d lain when they’d gotten to the room so, asking her if he could share her bed would just be plain insinuative.

Cindy was all over him and he had no idea what for. She had called his name over a hundred times since they got into the room and had asked him several questions- more irrelevant than relevant. Worst of all, she had not given him the chance to have even one word with Simi. Cindy had changed out of her clothes, slowly and provocatively, right in front of him, and that had woken up the s-e-x//ual demon in him he’d been trying to tame since she left him. It had been so long since he had a woman. He had detested all women after Cindy left him and, hadn’t found anyone worthy enough to share intimate moments with.

“Ibrahim,” Cindy called him for the umpteenth time. “It’s 11 PM and your friend is still not here. Have you called her up to know what she’s up to? It’s getting late you know.”

“Cindy, I really don’t know what else to tell you. This is the 20th time you asking me this question in the last minute and seriously, it’s beginning to annoy me. I sent her a text just now and she replied she’d be here any moment from now so chill. He paused for a bit and said angrily. “I thought you said you were going to have your bath. You’ve been on that towel for the past thirty minutes.”

“So because I asked you if your friend was still coming, you are spitting fire at my face right? You really are something else you know.” She picked up her bucket, murmured a curse and stormed out of the room, banging the door behind her.

This was the moment he had been awaiting for the last 3 hours. He was finally alone with Simi in the same room. Everything he’d been planning suddenly escaped him. His heart was beating fast as he thought about what to say. Should he dillydally for a while and tell her what he’d wanted to say later? No, that would be a terrible idea, he’d go the straight-to-the-point way. God, he sucked at wooing women. He’d never had to ask any woman out, at least not formally. This would be the first and he didn’t know where to begin.

“Simi.” He said as he got up from the stool where he’d been sitting.He waited for her to answer but there was no sound from her. Why did she keep mute? Why wasn’t she answering? It was hard to see what she was doing with her face against the wall.

“Simi, are you sleeping?” He made another attempt at getting her attention and this time, he succeeded.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
IZUKWU: love your writing,keep it up.

Thank you very much. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
“Simi, I’m..”

She abruptly turned to face him but instead of looking at him, she fixed her eyes on the torch. “Listen Ibro, if you are going to apologize to me again for what happened the other day, then honestly, you shouldn’t bother." She was speaking very politely." When I said I had accepted your apology the other day, I meant it so please, quit apologizing. I am no more angry” She was smiling as she spoke.

“No yes no.. err..” He was stuttering. Words were failing him. He hadn’t expected that reply and didn’t know how to reply it either. “Simi no, I didn’t come all the way here to apologize for anything, matter of fact I am not here because I want to see a friend, I came here to see you.” He opened the door to check that Cindy was not coming and shut it back.

“ Hahahaha. Okay, that was one funny joke Ibro. I do appreciate your sense of humor..”

“Simi stop please” Ibro cut in. “ I am being very serious here. I came here to see you.” She was giving him a blank stare that he could not interpret. He waited for about thirty seconds thinking she'd say something and when she did not reply, he continued speaking “I know this might sound silly but can I ask you a favor?”

“Ibrahim what do you want to ask of me that you do not already have?”

“Your friendship Simi, I want us to be friends. That’s all I ask.” Her eyes were filled with trepidation as he addressed her, but at this point nothing else mattered to him.

“This has got to be one big fat joke. Do you mean, no, are you trying to say you came all the way here, at this time of the night, to ask that I be your friend? Hahahahaha. You know what Ibro, you are so funny.”

He moved closer to her and talked more quietly. “ I wouldn’t come here to make a fool out of myself. I mean every word I say. Just friends Simi. Is there any harm in that? I want to be friends with you.”

“You know what Ibro? I have had enough mockery in my life to last me a lifetime and I really can’t tolerate anymore. What would a senator’s son want to be friends with a kitchen girl for?” she hissed and turned so that she her back faced him.

“I have not come here to mock you Simi, in fact, I feel mocked by your attitude towards me. I totally understand if you do not want to be friends with me and I respect your choices, but I’d appreciate it if you had a change of mind.” He'd expected her to say something after his last statement but she remained silent. He looked at his watch, it was 11:20. Cindy would be back any moment from now and he did not want her to meet that he was still in the room.

"Simi," There was no answer. "Simi can you hear me?" There still was no answer.
“Well, I have to take my leave now as the guards gave me until 11:30 to leave the premises.
Good night."
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
“You mean you actually went to Amina hostel yesterday to ask that girl to be your friend? Ibro, you have messed up, big time. You fuc[b]k[/b]ed up I swear. You really did”

Nathaniel was vibrating with anger. He was pacing the biggest parlor in Senator Gafaru’s mansion with a very bitter look in his eyes and the sound of his legs against the ground could be heard from the floor beneath them. He had thought Ibrahim had only been joking when he mentioned it to him the previous night and he had laughed over it. He didn't know Ibro was would pull through with the plan.

“Nathaniel why are you talking like I knew she was going to act like that? If I had known that was her kind of person, I wouldn’t have gone there in the first place. I called you and Garuba here because I haven’t been myself since last night and all you guys can do, is shout and throw blames at me. Na wa o.”

“ Ibro you have no excuse!” What Ibro had done had also annoyed Garuba, Ibrahim’s childhood friend. “What sort of desperation pushed you to the extent, that you had to go and beg her? Who begs a girl to be his friend in this day and age? You did not even tell any of us that you were going”

“ Garuba he told me but I did not take him seriously. I thought he was joking."
Nathaniel turned his face towards Ibro and spoke through a humiliating laugh. “Do you expect me to commiserate with you? You still have the mouth and the guts to talk after disgracing us. What do you think all the girls at SSU would say after they hear that a Senator’s son went to Amina hostel to kneel down for a kitchen girl to be his friend?” He picked up his half-full glass of wine from the mahogany center-table and downed its content in a single gulp.

“I did not kneel down for her o. I was standing when I asked her. I did not kneel down." Ibrahim was trying to defend himself.

“What does it matter whether you knelt down or flew? The fact remains that you de-repped us by going to visit her at all. It’s not like I didn’t tell you. I told you that she was below your social class but you did not listen to me. Walahi I am tired of you. You never listen to me and I am tired." Nathaniel was tapping his feet on the floor even more vehemently now. "Kai, Haruna must hear this.He is the only that can speak to you and you'll listen. Haruna sun ji.”

“Stop this talk about social class jare. You are not making it any easier for me. I have never found myself in such a situation so I don’t even know what to do. I swear, I can’t even face that girl again.”

“Look at this guy. So you would go back to beg her if you could face her? Kai, Ibrahim Gafaru, you are such a woman! Shege!” Nathaniel was cursing like a sailor. He had not been that furious in a long while.

“Class is starting in 15 minutes. Are you coming or not, abi you want to brood over her all day? I am leaving o” He picked up his car keys from the table and headed for the door. When he had gotten to the door, he noticed Garuba had stayed back.
“Garuba let’s go, let’s go. Leave Ibro alone if he won’t come. We have a class, let’s go.”
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 12:27am On Mar 30, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Chancing Lola ke?

Haba you know i didn't mean it like that,they are both wonderful writers,i just want make lola come continue our own too.

@Sexy bebe,I see your handiwork,keep the fire burning,better tell simi to behave o,na so the poverty affect her reach?cheesy
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 30, 2012
^^ Haha! Simi go vex if she hear you o. She could be very hot-tempered at times you know! tongue tongue grin
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 30, 2012
Okay, I'll continue from here tomorrow. I dont like posting more than three posts at a time so we'd leave it here. kiss
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Lilshaddy(m): 12:32am On Mar 30, 2012
Any hot and sexy girl in lagos,abuja or ilorin,should holla at me 08099743987.Am really good at makin girls reach orgasm and squirt
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 30, 2012
^ You are very silly. Take your sorry self out of my thread you miscreant. I even thought you sent me a friend request because you liked my story. Mtcheew.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 12:38am On Mar 30, 2012
Lilshaddy: Any hot and sexy girl in lagos,abuja or ilorin,should holla at me 08099743987.Am really good at makin girls reach orgasm and squirt
The only girl i know being simi has got ibro to tend to her needs so,bad market for you.tongue

@Sexy,alrighty dear ,tomorrow then.smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2012
Wth happened to the story?
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2012
^ I don't understand your question. What do you mean?
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
naijasexy: ^ I don't understand your question. What do you mean?

This thread has turned into a gisting thread instead of a story thread sad
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2012
Sorry pDude. Oya take this one:

“Thank God it’s Friday” Cindy said, folding some clothes into a pink carry-on suitcase. She was going to her mother’s for the weekend and had invited a friend of hers to go with her.

“Yes oo.” Odessa blurted out as she fanned herself with a blue plastic hand fan. “This una room hot mehn. How can two people live in this cubicle?”

“It’s really hot oo. This is how I sweat everyday” Cindy was pointing to her chest to show Odessa her sweaty blouse. “Whoever said beggars had no choice didn’t lie at all. If I had a choice, I won’t be in this dungeon of a room now.”

“What do you mean you don’t have a choice?” Odessa queried. “Your father has three houses in this town alone and only one of them is occupied. Why are you choosing to suffer when you can have a whole house to yourself?” She got up from Simi’s bed and went to stand by the window.

“Father? Which father? Abeg don’t even talk about that man where I am.” Her eyes suddenly grew dark with hatred.

“Haba Cindy! Have you not forgiven him yet? He is your father you know, that’s a fact that cannot change. You have to settle things with him o.”

“Me, settle with that beast? Ha! It seems you don’t know me well enough then. I’d rather die than settle with a man that almost beat me and my mother to death.” Cindy scoffed.

“I know it’s hard to let it go. It really is. But see now, if you had settled with him, your mother wouldn’t have to pay your fees and you’d be able to afford better accommodation.”

“The eediot insisted that he must pay my fees or he’d disown me. Odessa, if he had disowned me, it would have even made things better sef. But you know my mother now, you know the way she is. She said she didn’t want to complicate issues more and begged me to accept his stinking money.”

“Cindy calm down, calm down. Your mother was right. Two wrongs never make a right and I still maintain you go and beg him. You know you offended him too right?”

“How did I offend him?” Cindy sprang up in her defense. “Tell me, how did I offend him?”

“He got to know that you were telling people he had died from a disease when you were a child. That is wrong Cindy. How could you be wishing your own father dead? That’s enough to annoy him now!”

“ Ehn… He is dead to me now. As far as I am concerned he is dead, and please please please, stop calling him my father. Can we call him Dan for the rest of this discussion? Abi would calling him his real name be considered an offense too?”

“Yes, that’s offensive and I won’t be party to that. I’d rather not talk about him than refer to him by his name. That’s haram.” Odessa judged.

“Aha! That’s good. He is not worth discussing anyway so let’s drop this topic and talk about something better.” It was apparent Odessa wasn’t going to say anything so Cindy decided to break the silence.

“ Ibrahim came here yesterday.” Cindy said as she folded a pair of blue jeans into her suitcase.

“ Hmm.. which Ibrahim? Your ex?” Odessa could now see Cindy’s teeth through the lecherous smile she had on.

“Yes ooo. My ex. He came here yesterday in pretense of visiting a friend but I know he came to see me.”

“Really?Hmm.. that's rather surprising, but hey, good for you. It’s good to know you guys are back to being friends. The three months he spent in Minna must have changed him, big time” She laughed.

“Odessa, I think I want Ibrahim back” Cindy confessed to her friend.

“ What? Are you out of your mind? What’s wrong with you these days?”

“Odessa you know me and Ibrahim’s history now. How can I let him go just like that? I am seriously considering asking him to take me back” Cindy said in a somber tone.

“ I know it’s hard. Won’t he look down on you if you start making advances though? How do you plan to go about this?” a curious Odessa asked.

“ That’s why I’m telling you now, so you could help me out. We’d talk about this when we get to my mother’s house. She just sent me a text that she’s outside. Help me carry the other small bag, let me carry this one.” Cindy said, lifting her suitcase and reaching for her wallet.

“Did you tell your roommate you’d be leaving? How would she gain entrance into the room if you lock it?”

“She has a spare key. That should not be a problem” Cindy replied coldly.

They walked through the door, down the hallway, across the courtyard and outside the gate, to meet Chief Mrs. Albert – Cindy’s mother.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2012
pDude:

This thread has turned into a gisting thread instead of a story thread sad
What is your own sef?abeg let us hear word,it all makes it fun,wonder why you are whining,mscheew.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
Simi had been wallowing in self-condemnation since the night ibro visited. She was mad at herself for throwing away an opportunity she’d been dying to have, for no just reason. That Friday, she could barely comprehend anything her Psychology lecturer taught because her mind was somewhere else- her mind was on him. She was so confused that, when she’d gone to pay for her Math handouts, she handed the money to the salesman and left the bookshop without getting her books. The salesman had run after her when he noticed she had left the books on the counter and she’d been very embarrassed. Had it not been that he was very religious and didn’t want to steal from her, she’d have lost the money and returned to her hostel with no books.

Discomfiting thoughts beleaguered her mind as she tried to imagine the impression she’d imprinted on Ibrahim. Did he now think she was a ‘princesse lointaine' who was stuck up and unattainable? Heck, he hadn’t even asked her to be his girlfriend. He’d asked for just mere friendship and the best she could do was to ignore him. Even when he said goodnight to her, she had feigned sleep and didn’t care to reciprocate the courtesy. Was this attitude of hers the reason why she’d never been able to hold a relationship, ever? How was she going to find him and apologize to him? She knew he attended her school but she didn’t know his department or any other information about him for that matter.

She’d have to get more info about him from Cindy, after all, Cindy was his very good friend and from the way they were bickering at each other the night before- like children who had missed themselves but didn’t want to admit it to each other, she could tell they knew each other from way back.
She dipped her right hand in back pocket to grab her phone and saw that the envelope icon on the display was illuminated. She had a new message that read: ‘Hey Simi, I just want to let you know I’d be gone for the weekend. I’m going to my mum’s and would be back on Sunday night. Don’t miss me too much. Speak soon, Cindy.’

Damn! She’d have to wait until Sunday night to ask Cindy for Ibro’s details. “It is now obvious that I'm not only s[b]t[/b]upid but I'm also finished.” she said as she bit her dry lips and walked back to the hostel from the cafeteria where she'd been since noon, in a rather unnecessary haste.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
Hey sexy i see you o,tell simi to use her head make i for no vex for her o.undecided
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
^lol. Simi still dey learn. She no ever believe say anybody fit wan be her friend so she still dey shocked. lol
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2012
“ Dayo! Ehm Dayo good morning. Can you come to my hostel in SSU? I really want to see you” Simi was calling the only family friend she knew with the last 45 Naira she had on her phone.

“Ah Ah! Simi did you not see my missed call when I called you the other morning? You did not bother calling me back and now you are calling to tell me you want to see me.” Dayo was lashing at her from the other end.

“Dayo, I did not have credit nooooow. Please don’t be annoyed. This call would soon cut because my credit would finish any moment from now. Can you make it here by 2pm?”

“Err, I would call you within the next hour to let you know. But I am not promising anything though” Dayo warned.

“Okay please, I would be expecting your call. Don’t..” She stopped mid-sentence as the heard a beep that indicated she was out of call credit.

Dayo was the closest person to family she had around and she wanted to seek his counsel on Ibro’s issue. She had been pondering texting Cindy to send her Ibro’s number as she could not wait for tomorrow night when Cindy would return, but she scared that would be a wrong approach and she did not want to ruin things further. Dayo later called her that he’d be at her place at 1 but he wouldn’t stay long as he had other commitments to attend to.

“Daaaaaaayo!” She screamed his name when she saw him and ran to hug him. “Dayo how now? Long time.” Simi was ecstatic. She had not seen him in over two months and had missed him terribly.

“ Simi look at you! You look so good since the last time I saw you. I am fine o, how are you now?” He examining her, running as scan through her entire body with his eyes.

“ Thanks Dayo. I’m fine myself. Let’s go inside the room.” He tagged along behind her, as she led him inside the hostel.

“ Shey you know I’m still angry with you for missing my matric? You did me bad o. Not fair at all, not fair” She was sulking. He was the only one in the world that ever pampered her and she often took advantage of it.

“Simi, I have apologized now. Forgive me, I’d make it up to you. Hope no problem sha? This one that you called me to come here on a short notice. I was really worried.”

They talked at length and Simi told him all that had happened, explaining the rationale behind what she had done and asked him what she could do to remedy the situation.

“Well Simi, I don’t really know the guy but I’ve heard of him. I know some of his friends and know for sure that they are an arrogant lot. Are you sure you want to pursue this? It’s risky business I must tell you.” There was a momently pause before he continued speaking. “I know this might sound like bad advice but, why don’t you steal his number from Cindy’s phone instead of asking her directly for it? She might find an excuse to not give it to you if you ask her in person.”

“Ehnnn! I can’t do that o. Are you suggesting that I call him? I don’t even have any money to call sef so that won’t work.”

“ I would buy you credit, don’t worry. You just get the number from her phone first and we’d take it from there. I know you are very stubborn so if you like go against my advice. When you get the number tomorrow night or whenever you are able to get it, flash me and I’d you send you credit. You hear?” Simi nodded hesitantly, in response.

“Okay babes! I have to go now. We’d see soon. Come and escort me to the gate jare.” He said as he pulled her from her bed where she was sitting.
“Thanks for coming Dayo, I really appreciate.”
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2012
I'll update much later in the day. lol. Later guys!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Youngsage: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2012
Lol. Later sexy! Xpectin u.
Hmmm dis ur story is really gathering momentum oh! I must say i love d way u post 2 to 3 chapters in rapid succession, it makes u unique here and it makes d story kip flowin. Welldone jare!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
haha. Thank you jare. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

7 Sure Fire Ways To Get Your Ex-girlfriend Back!!! / Relationships With Nigerian Men Are Filled With Wahala - UK Lady Narrates / Man Proposes To His Woman At An Eatery In Lagos (pix,video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.