Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,532 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:40 PM

Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? (11722 Views)

When Your sweet Romantic affair suddenly turns bitter. / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
I am single, completely single with no gf or fiancee, and friends, colleagues, neighbors, family keep wondering what a life, not that you cannot provide, or underaged, or ugly or eunuch, nor a devout born again christian, so why remain single without any opposite sex? My answer can full a whole page, and don't think its becos I had been heartbroken, NEVER! not because I believe that Nigerian girls are too bad, NEVER! but becos being single is so sweet I don't feel responsible for anyone's emotion or whatever. becos of the freedom it gives me, the freedom to attend parties, seminars, conferences, workshops, events, and also participate in doggy Nigerian politics. Becos of the freedom it gives me from not having to deal with someone tracing wherever I go and why I go. Because of the freedom it gives me to design my house the way I cherish without anyone's intrusion. Becos of the freedom it gives me to admire people I feel like admiring and to call who I desire to and when I desire to and not be under an obligation to call or text someone at certain times to makeup that I care. It makes me free from experiencing feminine bad-sides, so I won't judge any. It helps me stay focus and not get deviated from my goals of philanthropy and fair leadership in life. It helps me think constructively and actively without stereotyping or prejudice. Those are some of the reasons I am enjoying being single and wondering how to get an heir or seeds while still single. What are your reasons if you agree that being single is sweet or bitter! pls lets try and keep this thread clean from bashing and abuses. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by tellwisdom: 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
cugresources: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter?

Bitterleaf undecided undecided
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
Really? what are your reasons for saying its bitterleaf?
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by tellwisdom: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
Because, u will die of KONJI undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Killz3(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2012
Sweet! cool

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by ndcide(m): 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
tellwisdom: Because, u will die of KONJI undecided undecided
what

what is konji?

and how does it kill

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by queensmith: 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
You make a good case for the bachelors life. And i agree, being single is fantastic especially when you've seen what actually goes on in most relationships you learn that most times relationships arent worth the hassle.
Im not single but i will say what i appreciate most from being single is being free to set your own standards, how you want things, how you live, the things you do. You don't have to explain yourself and you dont answer to anybody. Freedom is amazing and singletons take it for granted when they jump into relationships.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by willsman(m): 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Guy, being single does not pay any body who attend the age of that okay? You have to go back to history of man and study by yourself how God saw the worries of Adam and later made Eve for him. Even in our time it is happening and must not die. You must be engaged or marry fully if you are of age. No man or woman feels happy if he or she is up to and still single whether or not. Leave all your ideologies and what have you, go marry if you are of age from there you see what and what God can do in both of you in the house please.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Ebeeluv: 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
angry angry[i][/i]SINGLEHOOD? SO LONELY[b]SINGLEHOOD? SO LONELY[/b]SINGLEHOOD? SO LONELY
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
Being single is lonely, but I am scared of getting married!! My girlfriend is a drama queen!! Jesus!!

The sweetest part of being single (single being not married) is the reset button. . . When the babe fhuck up, you press reset!!

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
Adam probably passed through the loneliness becos in his time, there were nothing like: BB, social network sites like fbook, twitter, forums like NL, and he had no male or female neighbors, had no car, no electronics, no internet connection, no gsm, no electronic or video or pc game, no newspaper or magazines to keep busy, and in fact no party or even to attend. I pity him anyway. but nowadays, a man or woman can be single and happy, unless he decides not to feel happy or start to see it from peoples' view about being single, or from the religious or moral view, or if he or she is poor, jobless and have no funds to get things to make him or her happy. The only thing I keep wondering is why must a woman and a man come together before a baby can come, cos I love babies, wish and desire to have two cute boys. thats my greatest challenge to being single!

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Tinax(f): 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2012
shocked
~Killz~:
Sweet! cool
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by cowgurl: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Yes being single is SWEET cos it's al abot U, U n U. But bein wit som1 hu cares abot u lik u do her is heavenly, I do hope u find ursef one cos as sweet as single sounds, it has it's lonely state. All those side attractions u listed can NEVER equate havin a loved one around.

2 Likes

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by slimyem: 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
its neither here nor there!
Being with someone who feels the same way as you is the real sweet!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
Honestly, I don't want to hurt someone or go stereotyping about Nigerian girls or any other girls...u know, I don't really love answering calls cos I answer and make lots of calls @work, travel alot, and love resting and playing HD pc & video games, and watching every football match and NFL (American football), watching foreign news and business reports, which I know almost all Nigerian girls hate, and wouldnt love to participate, so getting into relationship would restrict me from exercising these freedoms, I would have to start picking calls even when I don't feel like just to please someone. I would have to watch movies (that I hate with passion) just becos she is watching it, do this and that becos she is doing it or wants me to do it. Would have to reduce my hosts of friends just to please her, reduce my travels and event attendants just to make someone happy? uh uh, thats too much a hassle to face, so scary! single people, especially men don't know the immunity they are enjoying, the wide freedom and joy they are enjoying that most married and engaged guys would celebrate to have back! All the same, the making of baby thing, is just the most difficult and the dealing with parents issue- convincing them that u love being single nd would try and get them grandchildren....sighs.

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by drshrewd: 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
@ op, na people like u wey dey make shewe business dey boom grin
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Goldieluks: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Being single is priceless, but there comes a time in our lives when we feel the need of having a loved one by our side.
OP it is obvious you are happy being single, but i percieve a sense of fear from your statement. You don't want to go through the risk of dating, falling -inlove, and having a relationship, because maybe you are scared of heartbreak. No man is an island and you cannot be happy been alone everyday of your life. There must be a time when you'd feel the urge to have a partner by your side. take the risk whenever you feel ready to. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by sexyverah(f): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
[b][b]yes cos u hv ur freedom to urself.. no cook my meals, clean d house, change d kid diaper etc.... but if time fr u to marry com pls get married oo tongue tongue tongue[/b][/b]
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by mcchegzy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
Guess u are not just ready for any responsibility, not that you enjoy being single

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by achi4u(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
i lik it when am single but am happen now am married
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by starlightRR(m): 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
~Killz~:
Sweet! cool
Seriously....Are you GAY?
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by jspac(m): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
Being single rockz Wow!!! smiley cheesy cool
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by stepo707: 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
Well everything in Life has an advantage and a disadvantage so i would say it is sweet-bitter
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by glowithdan(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2012
cugresources: Honestly, I don't want to hurt someone or go stereotyping about Nigerian girls or any other girls...u know, I don't really love answering calls cos I answer and make lots of calls @work, travel alot, and love resting and playing HD pc & video games, and watching every football match and NFL (American football), watching foreign news and business reports, which I know almost all Nigerian girls hate, and wouldnt love to participate, so getting into relationship would restrict me from exercising these freedoms, I would have to start picking calls even when I don't feel like just to please someone. I would have to watch movies (that I hate with passion) just becos she is watching it, do this and that becos she is doing it or wants me to do it. Would have to reduce my hosts of friends just to please her, reduce my travels and event attendants just to make someone happy? uh uh, thats too much a hassle to face, so scary! single people, especially men don't know the immunity they are enjoying, the wide freedom and joy they are enjoying that most married and engaged guys would celebrate to have back! All the same, the making of baby thing, is just the most difficult and the dealing with parents issue- convincing them that u love being single nd would try and get them grandchildren....sighs.

Life is a challenge my brother, so face it. If you are of age and still reason this way, I suggest you seek help somewhere(no hard feelings).
I challenge you to challenge your self today into accepting the realities of life,which marriage is one of it. And come to think of it, who told you there is any perfect one anywhere? Wonder what could have become of you, if your parents had said what you are saying now.

Life is too short to be lonely bro- Enjoy it with someone you love while it last!!

2 Likes

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by olsmade(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2012
Being in a relationship az its ups n downs - d last rltnshp I was in, I'll call dis girl in d morning before I go to work; I'll call her again in d evening and spend 1 - 2hrs talking n yet she felt we were not spending enuf tym 2geda - very tiring. N when she starts to nag u enh?! But being in a rltnshp also has its advantages. There's a saying that when u are single, all u c are happy couples; when u r in a rltnshp, all u c r happy singles.

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Tboiz(m): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
Its a mixture of sweet and soar. Sweet because of ur entire freedom. Soar because u'll never know what u're missing until it arrives.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by bid4rich(m): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
if not for necessity and to fulfil the scripture of fruitfulness, why getting married at all with all these problems ladies of nowadays pour on their man.

But all the same, there are still some thngs to enjoy being married, not only in making babies but in constructive planning and the likes. If God help you to come across an inteligent lady as a wife, your life will be better off than when you are single. God help us.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by queensmith: 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
glowithdan:

Life is a challenge my brother, so face it. If you are of age and still reason this way, I suggest you seek help somewhere(no hard feelings).
I challenge you to challenge your self today into accepting the realities of life,which marriage is one of it. And come to think of it, who told you there is any perfect one anywhere? Wonder what could have become of you, if your parents had said what you are saying now.

Life is too short to be lonely bro- Enjoy it with someone you love while it last!!

You havent given any justification to your claims ,realities of life? Isnt very convincing. You may be the one that needs help since you may just be following the crowd without realising where exactly you are going with yourself.
The poster knows what he likes and why he likes it, he gives reasons and very sensible ones too, he is more in touch with reality than most people stuck in marriage.
Its important to some to satisfy the aims they have in life, it doesnt always lie in the agenda and conformity of africans and their bible bashing nonsense, you cannot ram your ideologies down everyones throats!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Outstrip(f): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
It is whatever you make of it. As long as you are being true to yourself you owe no one an explanation
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2012
Its selfish to be single.

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by kemmeye: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
BEING SINGLE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by cowgurl: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
cugresources: Honestly, I don't want to hurt someone or go stereotyping about Nigerian girls or any other girls...u know, I don't really love answering calls cos I answer and make lots of calls @work, travel alot, and love resting and playing HD pc & video games, and watching every football match and NFL (American football), watching foreign news and business reports, which I know almost all Nigerian girls hate, and wouldnt love to participate, so getting into relationship would restrict me from exercising these freedoms, I would have to start picking calls even when I don't feel like just to please someone. I would have to watch movies (that I hate with passion) just becos she is watching it, do this and that becos she is doing it or wants me to do it. Would have to reduce my hosts of friends just to please her, reduce my travels and event attendants just to make someone happy? uh uh, thats too much a hassle to face, so scary! single people, especially men don't know the immunity they are enjoying, the wide freedom and joy they are enjoying that most married and engaged guys would celebrate to have back! All the same, the making of baby thing, is just the most difficult and the dealing with parents issue- convincing them that u love being single nd would try and get them grandchildren....sighs.
something's gat 2 give OP, n u won't b d onli one giving. One question, have u ever been in love? N 4 d record, some men actually do enjoy bein married.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Urinates Alot During Sex; Is It Normal? / Dear "Wife Material"- (oriaku Rants Vol.1) / How Can I Control Hair Loss Caused By Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.