Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,056 members, 7,933,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:51 AM

Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? (11804 Views)

When Your sweet Romantic affair suddenly turns bitter. / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hahahaha....you guys here are so damn funny!! I just learnt that konji means being Hot or feeling amorous right? come on, I am human, I do feel the urge, and I do admire very cute gurlz that are shapely, makes me smile....lol. but having them permanently as my property, lol, is a big problem...lolz, don't mind paying any amount to lunch or go on vacation with em, but don't want commitment, cos of the reasons I gave earlier. I just love being so free from childhood, I enjoy being alone, playing games or following a biz report or crime/war news. those things can make me forget any feeling that maybe cropping within me. Try and develop love for games, news, novels and football and watch if u will have feelings for anybody again...lolz....pls dnt fight me...I read a lot of fights here...lol
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
cugresources: Hey guys, nice and fun reading your numerous reasons and ops, I am loving the fact that I joined this forum, which I just stumbled upon by chance today. You know what? I love ladies, so pls don't misinterprete me, I love ladies and guys, but I cannot imagine the idea of tying myself to someone, it wasn't even that easy being tied to parents while growing up to mention being tied to someone I barely knew just as adults. Come on, come on guys, pls meant no offence, but don't u feel that fear of having one fat continually deteriorating woman, who keeps growing fat and shapeless day after day being referred to as your wife? No matter how fat or ugly she turns after marriage or whatever, you must love her, sleep in same bed with her, kiss her, take her to parties and political events, uh, uh...its so scary when one thinks of it. Women are just fond of abandoning their physical look once they get married and have kids, and its scary to have a fat ugly person still being referred to as your wife everywhere. Pls don't fight me, just pouring out my heart, forgive me if it sounds nasty. Who said its cos of financial requirements that I want to remain single? how much can a lady consume? lol...wished you know more anyway, its not cos of money, instead if money will solve of the problem, such that she wouldnt nag or worry me, just for me to be giving her any amount she wants and no more stress or intruding into my chosen lifestyle, then bingo, why then am I still single? Okay to let you guys know some stuffs, I grew up a loner, had only one sister I never grew up with, grew up in midst of guys and studied around guys and all my life is with guys, but pls am not a gay cos it sucks to me. but having guy friends is so sweet and cute, especially with my kind of male friends, sweet guys, sometimes we go on vacs and trips together, some are married for sure, all have girlfriends, and they always wonder the kind of life I chose. but you know, there was a time my friends wanted to rope me into one girl, that was in monte carlo last year, she is an Ibo girl, kinda schooling and modeling I guess, but after few dates, she started trailing on me, who i am with, why i didn't called at so so hour and that and why i don't want to come to visit her, gosh, i got scared to my feet, HUH! IS THAT IT? RUN NOW THAT ITS EARLY! Lolz, I ran till date...come on, I respect married guys and those in committed relationships, they are very nice and enduring. same goes to the ladies, they also endure lots, being married or in a relationship isn't easy for both guys and girls, wished i could get over the fear.

GAY!!! nah, just joking
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Dyt(f): 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
Neva bn single
So can't tell
Yh ryt rel s swt if u want it 2 b
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by presfedrep: 7:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
cycober:

GAY!!! nah, just joking
seconded. I just dey waste my time trying to help a follow single guy, not knwin he his just a gay*so sad*

@op, u can stay witout a woman, its permitted, cos am not sure any naija gal will love to see u in dat act.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2012
OMG! what?? why the frontiers here again? I AM NOT GAY PLS!!! Its even irritating to imagine, gosh! Okay, I love girls, does that make it sound better? I love cute girls but I am NOT good at taking emotional and mental responsibilities involved in a relationship, thats just it, if I can handle it, why not? I don't want to hurt anyone becos I know I won't be there for the person emotionally most times when the person would need me. There are several moments in my life that I just hate seeing anybody around me, time of being alone, so what would happen to such times when I enter into a relationship and she needs me then? My mom back then couldn't deal with it, she only learned to abandon me at such moments. Such moments have even increased now. I just love being alone and meet or see people when I feel like, but its not like that when you are in a relationship. thats just my fear ok, don't get me wrong pls.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by hamsky: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
Since I was a child I always said I was never gonna get married to any lass and I was right. Relationships are enslaving . You keep asking urself if ur partner really loves or likes u the way you like them n o boy I no de sleep well for night cos of dis ohh. If na konji I de uk so e no too hard to find were to kwench am cos of the cold grin even though I no b dat kind person. Being single is quite nice in many ways but not having someone to share ur feelings with is were the essence of relationship comes into play.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by xzibiacom: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju: Being single is lonely, but I am scared of getting married!! My girlfriend is a drama queen!! Jesus!!

The sweetest part of being single (single being not married) is the reset button. . . When the babe fhuck up, you press reset!!
Lol
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Bisjosh(f): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
mcchegzy: Guess u are not just ready for any responsibility, not that you enjoy being single

GBAM!!!!! cool
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
pls I won't cherish someone here calling me gay pls, that will be blackmail, and it will be unfair and rude. can't we address the topics and points without cursing or bashing on people pls moderators do sth about this, before it destroys your forum image.

2 Likes

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by bluejeff(m): 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
ndcide:
what

what is konji?

and how does it kill
konji means DSB (dangerous sperm build-up)
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by dytbabe: 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
cugresources: pls I won't cherish someone here calling me gay pls, that will be blackmail, and it will be unfair and rude. can't we address the topics and points without cursing or bashing on people pls moderators do sth about this, before it destroys your forum image.

Tot u said u wanted d bashin
Cmon bring it on
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Tboiz: Its a mixture of sweet and sour. Sweet because of ur entire freedom. Sour because u'll never know what u're missing until it arrives.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by claremont(m): 9:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
This new Nairaland theme is shite man, I can barely understand the forum again after being absent for a while. Fu-cking bulls-hit, bring on the old theme man!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
Theres nothing wrong with being single and happy. If you arent happy being single, it will be the motivation to seek out a partner.Sometimes its just about the right time for a person. I dont see any reason why people must get married if they choose not to. I guess the only thing to look out for is that you are being honest with yourself to avoid any future regrets. smiley
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by tellwisdom: 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
starlight®®:

Seriously....Are you GAY?

Yes bro. You shld have knwn this earlier than now sad sad
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by tellwisdom: 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
ndcide:
what

what is konji?

and how does it kill

If u dont yansh fr 1yr, u will die of excess spermotology syndrome. Low vision, Gri Gri body, itching attitude towards women etc angry angry
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
Nothing wrong with either. They both have their benefits and their trade-offs.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by czay(m): 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
Been single is a relative experience which largely depend on the pleasure or pain your derived from it..anyway you can't remain single till you finish your apportioned life..cheers!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by slimyem: 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
cugresources: OMG! what?? why the frontiers here again? I AM NOT GAY PLS!!! Its even irritating to imagine, gosh! Okay, I love girls, does that make it sound better? I love cute girls but I am NOT good at taking emotional and mental responsibilities involved in a relationship, thats just it, if I can handle it, why not? I don't want to hurt anyone becos I know I won't be there for the person emotionally most times when the person would need me. There are several moments in my life that I just hate seeing anybody around me, time of being alone, so what would happen to such times when I enter into a relationship and she needs me then? My mom back then couldn't deal with it, she only learned to abandon me at such moments. Such moments have even increased now. I just love being alone and meet or see people when I feel like, but its not like that when you are in a relationship. thats just my fear ok, don't get me wrong pls.
i can reconcile with the above cuz i've been at the receiving end before but you seriously need to make up your mind on what you want.
If you think you are not ready be with someone,then stay away!
You'll be saving her from future heartache!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by slimyem: 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
tellwisdom:

If u dont yansh fr 1yr, u will die of excess spermotology syndrome. Low vision, Gri Gri body, itching attitude towards women etc angry angry
biggest lies from the pits of hell! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by StateOfMind: 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
I have a friend like this poster, the thought of commitment scares the hell outta him. He doesn't mess around, neither is he gay, I guess he just enjoys his freedom, especially the gaming thing, being able to call when he wants and some other reasons Op has stated. I usually tell him its a phase in his life that will surely pass.

@op, you won't be like this forever, that I'm sure of. The fact that you're not against marriage, and have spoken no ill of the opposite sex, like some men gives me the feeling that u'll cross that bridge when the time comes. You are not just ready for commitment, you don't want to be responsible for anyone except yourself,so enjoy your 'freedom' while it lasts.

And your fears about women blowing up and becoming unattractive after marriage doesn't hold water. My mum is still in shape and I have seen a lot of married women in shape. Also, I think you can find someone with common interests too. Don't just assume no lady would be interested in your likes and hobbies.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by joanana(f): 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
Its bothways my dear
Sometimes it is sweet n sometimes u get lonely n u start wondering 'what if'
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by StateOfMind: 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by IYANGBALI: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
It is buraciously sweet like duri
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by markpenk: 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
Finally, someone gets it. Right on brother. Best reply to Op's topic so far.

StateOfMind: I have a friend like this poster, the thought of commitment scares the hell outta him. He doesn't mess around, neither is he gay, I guess he just enjoys his freedom, especially the gaming thing, being able to call when he wants and some other reasons Op has stated. I usually tell him its a phase in his life that will surely pass.

@op, you won't be like this forever, that I'm sure of. The fact that you're not against marriage, and have spoken no ill of the opposite sex, like some men gives me the feeling that u'll cross that bridge when the time comes. You are not just ready for commitment, you don't want to be responsible for anyone except yourself,so enjoy your 'freedom' while it lasts.

And your fears about women blowing up and becoming unattractive after marriage doesn't hold water. My mum is still in shape and I have seen a lot of married women in shape. Also, I think you can find someone with common interests too. Don't just assume no lady would be interested in your likes and hobbies.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by markpenk: 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
Come on man... you don't have to be so petty. Read the thread and all OP's subsequent posts. Op has reiterated severally that he aint gay. Can't we just discuss issues objectively and without denigrating people?
presfedrep: seconded. I just dey waste my time trying to help a follow single guy, not knwin he his just a gay*so sad*

@op, u can stay witout a woman, its permitted, cos am not sure any naija gal will love to see u in dat act.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by GboyegaD(m): 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
willsman: Guy, being single does not pay any body who attend the age of that okay? You have to go back to history of man and study by yourself how God saw the worries of Adam and later made Eve for him. Even in our time it is happening and must not die. You must be engaged or marry fully if you are of age. No man or woman feels happy if he or she is up to and still single whether or not. Leave all your ideologies and what have you, go marry if you are of age from there you see what and what God can do in both of you in the house please.

You do not need to generalise that it pays no one. Each individual has a right to decide what s/he feels his best for him. As for the OP, he is trying to enjoy being single and whenever he thinks it is right for him he would change that is if he wants to.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by markpenk: 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Mature... real mature. Mtcheeeew. *shaking my head and wondering how people reach their questionable conclusions*.
teezlycrest: @Op, Guy u must be a strong member of Believers Love world. U knw what i mean na? Una d help una self with or without she. Mtchwww.... U no get money for my Naija babe, y won't u be single
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by markpenk: 11:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
Very mature post. Wonder why people can't make their point without being insulting. Me thinks it's cos they've got too much smoke coming out their ears cos they can't be like OP. OP has his opinions, you have yours. Can't we just keep things civil? I tire for some people sha.
Lekmusic: OP is a selfish mutha******. His type ends up having baby mommas around, and will finally realise the need to propose to a girl and marry at the end. No offense to Tuface. Niggas be talking shit like they can see beyond their shallow understanding.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by markpenk: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2012
"Seek help somewhere"? Where do people get this stuff? Who talks like this? What's this gotta do with seeking help? Who says OP is looking for the "perfect woman"? Na wa o. If you're happy with your lifestyle, it doesn't mean others will be.
glowithdan:

Life is a challenge my brother, so face it. If you are of age and still reason this way, I suggest you seek help somewhere(no hard feelings).
I challenge you to challenge your self today into accepting the realities of life,which marriage is one of it. And come to think of it, who told you there is any perfect one anywhere? Wonder what could have become of you, if your parents had said what you are saying now.

Life is too short to be lonely bro- Enjoy it with someone you love while it last!!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by onila(f): 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
cugresources: Adam probably passed through the loneliness becos in his time, there were nothing like: BB, social network sites like fbook, twitter, forums like NL, and he had no male or female neighbors, had no car, no electronics, no internet connection, no gsm, no electronic or video or pc game, no newspaper or magazines to keep busy, and in fact no party or even to attend. I pity him anyway. but nowadays, a man or woman can be single and happy, unless he decides not to feel happy or start to see it from peoples' view about being single, or from the religious or moral view, or if he or she is poor, jobless and have no funds to get things to make him or her happy. The only thing I keep wondering is why must a woman and a man come together before a baby can come, cos I love babies, wish and desire to have two cute boys. thats my greatest challenge to being single!

LMAO!!!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by gram: 2:22am On Mar 30, 2012
....Hmm. This is probably one of the funniest and interesting threads I have read on NL for a while.

The point is this: This guy (OP) enjoys his own kind of life and he is talking based on his own experiences. The most miserable thing in this life is to do what you don't enjoy doing (Provided its fair to your fellow man), and this can not be truer in any area of life than it is with relationships, so let the guy enjoy his ride. Personally, I think relationships are for mature women, not nagging, ,manipulative, emotionally and intellectually draining women and there are not many of them out there...If he finds someone who truly makes him happy,am sure he will have a rethink, until then, my guy enjoy your life..I have met men who were better single and I think it is better to happily single than to be miserably hooked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Just Sent Me A Breakup Message Because Of Her Mum_pic / Men Are Cheap / This Girl Doesn't Want To Leave My Home After Visiting Me (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.