Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,433 members, 7,881,580 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:29 AM

Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? (11723 Views)

When Your sweet Romantic affair suddenly turns bitter. / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Leboska(m): 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
LeoMax: Its selfish to be single.
Selfish? i don't think so. Cos his health, freedom & life will be @ stake if he decid other wise without being fully convinced about it. For me barchelorhood is the best thing that has hapened 2 me, cos the freedom? Is out of this world.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by tasandra: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2012
Who cares,abeg make i pass... sad
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by jackima: 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
It is not gud for man or woman to be alone.
Try marriage, hi better pass single any day any time just the understanding.
Chikena! grin
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by pvee(m): 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2012
Yea both sides have their time and advantages so " My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. -Socrates"
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by peren: 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2012
@poster i simply think you are incredibly selfish! YOU YOU YOU that's all that is important to you
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Beowulf(m): 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
It is rather unfortunate that most people on here chose to knock the OP unnecessarily. Is it so difficult to disagree with someone without getting abusive?
The last time I checked it was not a sin nor was it unlawful to remain single.

It is a serious fallacy to think that marriage confers one with a sense of responsibility or responsibility in itself. I know lots of married folks (male and female) who are the most irresponsible persons I know and many single fellows who have more sense of responsibility in their index fingers than most married persons have in their entire anatomy.

Choosing to remain single cannot be an indication of selfishness at all. It is with due respect a very asinine line of reasoning. Being single and getting married like everything in life have their merits and demerits. None is qualitatively superior to the other. It is all swings and roundabouts as per what works for each individual. Marriage does not place you on a moral high ground over singelhood any more than singlehood does over marriage.

Personally, I have had many reasons in life to entertain a life of singlehood and at the same time seen enough to decide to take a stab at marriage eventually when the time is right.

Whichever status I eventually choose, I will never adopt a false sense of moral superiority over any person that chooses an opposite status.

Rant over!

4 Likes

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by InkedNerd(f): 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beowulf!!! cheesy
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Ammyng(f): 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
Single is not a status, Single is a word that describes a person who can live and enjoy life without depending on others. To answer your question " It is sweet" Only for all my independent sister's. Note: I am not single but I was once kiss
Sweeter if your ex was a jerk grin
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by pendo89(f): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2012
See how your single life affords you time to type paragraphs. grin
Nway there's nothing wrong in being single as long as you are happy and productive.
Being in relationship is not a ticket to happiness, neither is being single so reconsider your reasons for single hood if you are of age.
Not everybody is destined for marriage anyway even Paul was a bachelor and he did wonders.
Make a postive influence in whatever state you are and you will be satisfied

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Beowulf(m): 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2012
Inked_Nerd: Beowulf!!! cheesy

LOL! Inked Nerd! What are you doing here by this time? Shouldn't you be in class or something? You won't believe am still at work. Will call you briefly in a second.
grin
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by InkedNerd(f): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beowulf:

LOL! Inked Nerd! What are you doing here by this time? Shouldn't you be in class or something? You won't believe am still at work. Will call you briefly in a second.
grin

Nope, I don't have class today cheesy

Eh ya! I can't believe you're still at work. Ndo cry

I'm still gonna reply to your Facebook message o! No vex.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Beowulf(m): 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Nope, I don't have class today cheesy

Eh ya! I can't believe you're still at work. Ndo cry

I'm still gonna reply to your Facebook message o! No vex.

Akuko! No be you again. So you just dey for NL all day long. Nne wish we could swap places o!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by InkedNerd(f): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beowulf:

Akuko! No be you again. So you just dey for NL all day long. Nne wish we could swap places o!

Well, I had nothing to do. I just dey here with mama! By the way, she said hi grin
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Beowulf(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Well, I had nothing to do. I just dey here with mama! By the way, she said hi grin

Which of the mamas now? Big one or small mama? Will call you now so we don't derail the thread. wink
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by InkedNerd(f): 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beowulf:

Which of the mamas now? Big one or small mama? Will call you now so we don't derail the thread. wink

Nwannem, it was good to hear from you today. That call really livened my mood.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Beowulf(m): 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Nwannem, it was good to hear from you today. That call really livened my mood.

Same here! xoxo! Leaving the office now. Your hex worked! He was still in but has waddled off now grin
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by InkedNerd(f): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beowulf:

Same here! xoxo! Leaving the office now. Your hex worked! He was still in but has waddled off now grin

lol good to hear! Hope you have fun!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by queensmith: 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beowulf: It is rather unfortunate that most people on here chose to knock the OP unnecessarily. Is it so difficult to disagree with someone without getting abusive?

It is a serious fallacy to think that marriage confers one with a sense of responsibility or responsibility in itself. I know lots of married folks (male and female) who are the most irresponsible persons I know and many single fellows who have more sense of responsibility in their index fingers than most married persons have in their entire anatomy.

Choosing to remain single cannot be an indication of selfishness at all. It is with due respect a very asinine line of reasoning. Being single and getting married like everything in life have their merits and demerits. None is qualitatively superior to the other. It is all swings and roundabouts as per what works for each individual. Marriage does not place you on a moral high ground over singelhood any more than singlehood does over marriage.

Personally, I have had many reasons in life to entertain a life of singlehood and at the same time seen enough to decide to take a stab at marriage eventually when the time is right.

Whichever status I eventually choose, I will never adopt a false sense of moral superiority over any person that chooses an opposite status.

Rant over!

GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM!!!!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by MotOnyx(f): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2012
mcchegzy: Guess u are not just ready for any responsibility, not that you enjoy being single
Tnx joo dnt mind d guy. By d time they fall in mad luv u wnt recognise them again.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Digriz(m): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2012
Single is sweet becos of the freedom bt getting married to the woman of ur dreams is heavenly.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beowulf: It is rather unfortunate that most people on here chose to knock the OP unnecessarily. Is it so difficult to disagree with someone without getting abusive?

Rant over!

So fcking well said.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Ilekokonit: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2012
There is so much deliberate deceit in the world today that being single (though it sucks) is probably safer than being hooked.
Its better to be alone than being in the wrong company.

But being hooked to the right person is better than being single anyday.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by 4litres: 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
starlight®®:

Seriously....Are you GAY?
Haba! D guy neva said he isnt havin som on d side.
The whole point is d responsibility of havin a full tym relationship as against having casual flings.
I am of d casual sort,criously, i think i hav issues wit intimacy which hav a lot 2do wit hw i was brought up(mayb). i.e. I ve had gals dat ve used d 'L' word on me countless tyms & i couldnt just reciprocate.
More over, i get easily bored & hav neva sustained a relationship 4more than a month. I will lyk 2try it though but 4som reason, it always doesnt feel ryt anytym an opportunity comes.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by moHot(f): 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2012
whatever floats your boat mehn!!! the only thing you owe yourself in this life is happiness and if being single is gonna make you achieve that please remain single. And for those who think they can't be completely happy without having to get hooked then please try and do that ASAP!!!

Many are 6/ft below because they got hooked to the wrong person........please do what you feel is right and will make you happy
Life is too short.

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Beowulf(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
moHot: whatever floats your boat mehn!!! the only thing you owe yourself in this life is happiness and if being single is gonna make you achieve that please remain single. And for those who think they can't be completely happy without having to get hooked then please try and do that ASAP!!!

Many are 6/ft below because they got hooked to the wrong person........please do what you feel is right and will make you happy
Life is too short.

WORD!
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by IHNetworks: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2012
Just like I read above : Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Bitter-sweet.

You will find most ladies will tell u that being single is a terrible thing to be. Why? Becos most of them think the responsibility of relationship success rests solely with the man. All they need to do is just lean back and be the centre of attention.

Some guys will tell u the same because they're looking only at the 'sex' aspect of being with someone.

Has anyone heard the saying "its a thin line between hell and a bad marriage."
Infact some people don't know which is worse. So many married folks in hellish marriages wish they could be single again.

Marriage isn't for everyone.
The problem is most people who have no business being married are the ones rushing into it.

And those who ought to be can't find the right person or right reason to marry anymore.
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Sagamite(m): 10:21am On Mar 31, 2012
Ilekokonit: There is so much deliberate deceit in the world today that being single (though it sucks) is probably safer than being hooked.
Its better to be alone than being in the wrong company.

But being hooked to the right person is better than being single anyday.

And what proportion of people do you think are hooked to "the right person"?

How realistic is that illusion?

So which line of promotion is more of a "deliberate deceit" in the world today? The "be single and be safe" or "be married and blissfully happy and fulfilled"?
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Sagamite(m): 10:25am On Mar 31, 2012
moHot: whatever floats your boat mehn!!! the only thing you owe yourself in this life is happiness and if being single is gonna make you achieve that please remain single. And for those who think they can't be completely happy without having to get hooked then please try and do that ASAP!!!

Life is too short.

So fcking well said!

The dunces that have been fed a mantra would stupidly assert that people can only be happy if they are married despite all the misery left, right and centre we see people go through in marriage. Lets not even talk about the ones that hide it and keep in behind closed doors that we can't see.

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Sagamite(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2012
IHNetworks: Becos most of them think the responsibility of relationship success rests solely with the man. All they need to do is just lean back and be the centre of attention.

Yep!

Mostly the Naija and Jamo girls that have this effed up mentality. I call girls like that "Shytheads"!

They live their lives thinking they are entitled to something because they are L'Oreal!

I feel sorry for guys that marry such. As far as I am concerned, na hit and run.

1 Like

Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by Metalgoong(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2012
Sagamite:

Yep!

Mostly the Naija and Jamo girls that have this effed up mentality. I call girls like that "Shytheads"!

They live their lives thinking they are entitled to something because they are L'Oreal!

I feel sorry for guys that marry such. As far as I am concerned, na hit and run.

chop and clean mouth has always been the best approach. grin grin grin
Re: Being Single- Sweet Or Bitter? by dj5naira(m): 12:30am On Apr 01, 2012
Happy Independence Day Cugresources!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Urinates Alot During Sex; Is It Normal? / Dear "Wife Material"- (oriaku Rants Vol.1) / How Can I Control Hair Loss Caused By Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.