Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? (7679 Views)

Why Has Power Supply Suddenly Improved? / The President Said Nigeria's Woes Would Have Been Worse But For Prayers. / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by SirJonse(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2012
Light in calabar for some weeks now has been epileptic. Worse now is that its kinda very low when restored.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by lacasa: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2012
;DFresh Aiiiiiir!!!! Fresh fresh the Freshh aiiiir
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by deandavid(m): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2012
Ekpan women nearly go gbege nepa last week, i tot it was just in my area, never knew d whole 9ja,dy suffer nd smiling. Why should dry season be affectin our lite, our so called engineers no dy try at all.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by SirJonse(m): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2012
smiley
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by brainchild78(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2012
considerably worse
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
Am surprise. I cant even remember the last time I had PPS in my house. It could be over a month ago. I have been switching from one gen to another and the coil in one burnt last week and I manage one till this morning and it just went down for no reason. Guys, as am writing now, am moving into cheap hotel for 1 week until gen is fixed. VI - Lagos
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by dein77(m): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
How will the situation of light inprove when the masses keep paying for what they dont enjoy? To get steady power is simple: all nigerians refuse paying PHCN bills. Simple. Its a worse form of corruption for one to pay for a utility one doesnt enjoy! Docile nigerians...
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by agiboma(f): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
its worse in my area
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by emisun(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2012
the tin really dey pathetic.how can a country like naija after 51 yrs of independe,still dey run on fluctuation of power generation from 4500MW to 2500MW. this no be big shame..pdp don fail woefully when it comes to FG govt
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Emphasis(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
I thought PHCN has been privatised! Anyway i wonder if we can still call it PHCN. Find out the name of ur power service provider, then go there to pay your bills. Like Bluetooth said, the federal government is @ THE TOP OF THE SITUATION... Please stay outside for FRESH AIR

1 Like

Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Gbawe: 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2012
On a serious note, did some of us , devoid of clannishness and ethnic jingoism, not warn that the marginal improvement in electricity supply did not have much to do with GEJ? In fact, I even predicted this i.e power supply will decrease again once water level fell.

Commonsense, even as NL blind supporters of GEJ make it appear not so common, tells us that if MW are not added then other issues (high water levels for example) should be factored in as considerations responsible for improved power. Fluctuation can then be expected. It has always been so with Nigeria. Meanwhile ethnic bigots and blind followers remained desperately obsessed with finding every reason to bestow phantom 'performance' on a mediocrity when we should all be unanimous in proclaiming that GEJ is failing. I don't think most Nigerians appreciate the huge financial scale of the power contracts, with nothing tangible gained in return, issued by the FEC since GEJ became substantive President .

We should, if an ambitious people holding leaders to high standards , be celebrating real and appreciable increased generation.

Abeg make una enjoy "fresh air" ojare.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by oradee: 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
lol...im surprised BEAF hasnt posted a comment regarding this thread... grin

I wonder where the dude resides... undecided

1 Like

Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2012
the luv i have for PHCN or Nepa is like jackichan ....pishannn angry
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by kay10: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
The man you call your president is completely a dullard,it has not proved its worth.Despite that,he still want to run for 2015 president election.Well as for,i will suggest that ministry of power should not have existed before because they failed to contribute any meaningful development to nigeria electricity and moreover president should be the one handling power.But the president is confused.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Beaf1: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
FRESH AIR

1 Like

Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by brainpulse: 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2012
Gbawe: On a serious note, did some of us , devoid of clannishness and ethnic jingoism, not warn that the marginal improvement in electricity supply did not have much to do with GEJ? In fact, I even predicted this i.e power supply will decrease again once water level fell.

Commonsense, even as NL blind supporters of GEJ make it appear not so common, tells us that if MW are not added then other issues (high water levels for example) should be factored in as issues responsible for improved power. Fluctuation can then be expected. It has always been so with Nigeria. Meanwhile ethnic bigots and blind followers remained desperately obsessed with finding every reason to bestow phantom 'performance' on a mediocrity when we should all be unanimous in proclaiming that GEJ is failing. I don't think most Nigerians appreciate the huge financial scale of the contracts, with nothing tangible gained in return, issued by the FEC since GEJ became substantive President .

We should, if an ambitious people holding leaders to high standards , be celebrating real and appreciable increased generation.

Abeg make una enjoy "fresh air" ojare.
@Gbawe,
i am so surprised that Nigerians complain that the decrease water level affects the production of Electricity and we are fooled because they know we don't Know. In an Hydro power dam, once there is decrease in water level there is a process that re-cycles the water(pumps water back to the dam), so that all through the year there is constant supply of water in the dam to power the turbine. So because of government's inefficiency and corrupt practices, Nigerian governments finds a foolish excuse to feed the foolish Nigerians who will receive the foolish excuse and confidently say it outside to other foolish friends who will tell their generations.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by cynthiafred67(f): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
emmysam2: Cynthiafred67: Here in abuja we are not complaining. Not yet anyway!!

Cynthiafred67, Pls which part of abuja are you that you aren't complaining about PHCN? I live FHA,along Airport Rd and work in Asokoro, the situation is same... Poor! It was better late last year and early this year. Its very poor now. Infact, we dont expect to see late at night.

Kubwa/ gwarimpa we are not complaining!!!
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by oradee: 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beaf!:
FRESH AIR

Finally...u got me thinking u post ur comments from space grin
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Kk4(m): 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2012
Its worst in owerri. My Gen done hear am
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by ochiaha1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2012
sad
brainpulse:
@Gbawe,
i am so surprised that Nigerians complain that the decrease water level affects the production of Electricity and we are fooled because they know we don't Know. In an Hydro power dam, once there is decrease in water level there is a process that re-cycles the water(pumps water back to the dam), so that all through the year there is constant supply of water in the dam to power the turbine. So because of government's inefficiency and corrupt practices, Nigerian governments finds a foolish excuse to feed the foolish Nigerians who will receive the foolish excuse and confidently say it outside to other foolish friends who will tell their generations.

When you have inept and nincompoo officials in charge of generation and distribution of power, that is what we should expect.

I have often thought that there must be a way to re-cycle water in the kainji dam when the water level is low because, its this same excuse we have always heard from PHCN as far back as when I was about 7 years old, now almost three decades later, the same untenable excuse is still being given. Just imagine the kind of retrogressive and non-proactive officials we have always had and still have in PHCN and Government angry

Even for the distribution of Power, our PHCN Engineers should know that we ought to have about 3 national grid system of electricity distribution, so that when one line fails, then the power from that line can be re-routed to the other grids, so that the whole nation is not thrown into darkness as happened about two weeks ago, when a major transmission line failed at Benin City. When there was power outage in Canada and New York city in year 2005 because of the failure of a major transmission line, the consumers on the failed line were transfered to another transmission line within 2 days.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by kolaoloye(m): 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
cynthiafred67: Here in abuja we are not complaining. Not yet anyway!!
75% of the day time we run on generator here in Ministers hill,Maitama office. Since 9:00am till now there is no PHCN.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by JUO(m): 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
UP NIAJA
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Cupidkc(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2012
As 4my hood Owerri,it hv been very epileptic, at a time I didnt see light for straight 4 days last week. But for like 2days nw it hv ben relatively ok.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2012
In Ilorin...light is not bad, nt worse...infact it is nt worst..........
Bt , it Is worstestest!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2012
Gbawe: Shout "fresh air" ten time followed by twenty halleluyahs. Your electricity will miraculously come on. wink wink
It didn't work! sad
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by damitte: 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2012
wow phcn has never been fair to us in alagbado is has been like hell since there is no power supply.
i pleading with with them to correct whatever may be wrong with the power supply
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by X21: 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
Now it is established that power challenge is a national issue. What is the immidiate and remote reason for the worsening power stuation. It will be beneficial for all to know if somebody can educate us.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Everest4: 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
dis whole light issue don tire evrybody. Evry wensday on AIT tv, dis there program wil be tellin us dat naija is usein 4500wat. I kep askin myself, where is the light?. Here in kaduna evry body is angry f4 dis isue. Bt let stil hv patience, e go beta.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by otokx(m): 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
The situation is really pitiful and the heat is not helping matters; how will small business owners cope?
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by initiator(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2012
Jeeze the thing has been terrible in Ajah...i get light for less than 2 hours sometimes.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by lilkech(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
ti-ebe:
una de forbid to answer man pikin for dis nairaland? Make una tell me wetin de happen na

wetin u wan make we talk ?

Berra dey ready wetin u go dey explain give ur great grand children when dem start to dey ask u about nepa wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onitsha,aba_or Owerri / 6 Benefits For Nigeria As Donald Trump Becomes American President / Mahmood Yakubu Elected President ECOWAS Network Of Electoral Commissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.