Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,718 members, 7,889,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:08 AM

Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? (7678 Views)

Why Has Power Supply Suddenly Improved? / The President Said Nigeria's Woes Would Have Been Worse But For Prayers. / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by CHouse: 3:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
If you live in ilorin, you'll understand that 75% of the people are in abject poverty. With electricity non-existent for the past few weeks, even pure water seller are beggars now . Nigeria is in dip shhiit but kwara state is fuuccked!!! Thanks to dem saraki nau.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by kemiola89(f): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
tot it was only my area dat is affected wit dis no light issue 4 close to 2months now, may God help us in dis country called Nigeria.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by tiebe: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2012
back from work, still no light. Gateman said the light blinked earlier. And i moved to dis area because i was told that light here is superb. The heat is killing! And i knw that soon, my neighbours will b back so all generators will b on. So, gen fumes will join the heat. . . Abeg, if na rain de cause am, make rain fall o!
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by tiebe: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2012
dein77: How will the situation of light inprove when the masses keep paying for what they dont enjoy? To get steady power is simple: all nigerians refuse paying PHCN bills. Simple. Its a worse form of corruption for one to pay for a utility one doesnt enjoy! Docile nigerians...
is that really your understanding of the problem with nepa/phcn? Smh
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by jify(f): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2012
in my area (Ojo), i have given up on Nepa abi na Phcn, no xpectation, for the last 3 weeks i always come back from work to meet darkness. nepa don go holiday
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by czay(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
Here in aba the strory had changed from good to bad...
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Tropilo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2012
cynthiafred67:

Kubwa/ gwarimpa we are not complaining!!!

BIG FAT LIE!
Gwarinpa is zero!
Maybe u dont know wen they put on d gen in ur house.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Tropilo(m): 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2012
greateros: same issue continues till year 20100000!

The only nation that gives excuses and provides reasons to cover their leaders greed and stupidity!

very docile and cowardly people! the only retrogressive nation in the whole wide world!

fukedup nation! with fukedup people!

That includes "YOU and YOURS" minus "ME and MINE".
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by ovo4u(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
How about the you guys ask your President about the 6 month action he declared when he was vice president, that he is going to fix the Power sectors, can't you see all politicial are liers and they will always decieve you guys? anyway you should be blaming yourself for voting a corrupt party, oh sorry Goodluck Johnathan and not PDP mumu people. We all see the shit coming but you guys with your stupid trabalism went ahead to vote for the slow pork, so enjoy the darkness and if you voted for Jonathan, please I beg you to shut the shit up and let people rest in this forum about no light Nigeria.

Don't just let me read this shit from you guys. Pls don't mistakely think am from the north cos am from the south but I just want us Nigerian to vote anyone who is capable of taking this country to the next level and not where the president comes from. We are so highly rich with natural resources and we got the money to make Nigeria more better than Europe, I just don't get it why out leaders are silly and selfish, maybe because with your vote only if the vote even counts.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Bastiger(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
we are waiting 4 dem next week 2cum 4 disconnection,body go tell dem.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by tiebe: 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2012
Tropilo:

That includes "YOU and YOURS" minus "ME and MINE".

Please tell him well that it includes him o. except he's not Nigerian, if e like make e de any other place he will still b known as Nigerian born or 'of Nigerian descent'!

meanwhile, update. . . Light blinked today!
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by sentix(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
Now we 3hrs power every 4 to 5 days. And they've just increased our bill, so bad they could not even come around for their disconnection madness.

And another increment coming in June.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2012
I heard our over-hyped Kanji damn is suffering from sufficient aquar due to the strike from the clouds.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by rezzy: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
Infact if there is any English like 'worstest', i would use that.
It has been worstest in my area. We are suffering
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by honeric01(m): 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2012
Blame boko haram for this.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by omoeso(m): 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
Well, I stay @ Alimosho In lagos and I can say authoritatively that I've never witnessed this level of darkness before in my life. In fact, for the past one month now, we've been degraded to one day off and one dauy on. Of the day off, its completely off and on day on, we only enjoy it for one hour.... Now imagine. Its been hell and I now resort to 1k fuel daily. Its really sad.... Really really sad!
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by honeric01(m): 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2012
omoeso: Well, I stay @ Alimosho In lagos and I can say authoritatively that I've never witnessed this level of darkness before in my life. In fact, for the past one month now, we've been degraded to one day off and one dauy on. Of the day off, its completely off and on day on, we only enjoy it for one hour.... Now imagine. Its been hell and I now resort to 1k fuel daily. Its really sad.... Really really sad!

you are not alone.. suffer suffer for Naija - amin

Enjoy for hell - amin grin
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by timpaker(m): 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2012
cynthiafred67:

Kubwa/ gwarimpa we are not complaining!!!

says who?
I'm complaining bitterly here in Kubwa, for the past 3weeks the light has not been steady like before and the heat is unbearable.
I've calmly resorted to my old, rusty and forgotten generator for my source of power till PHCN come back to dia wise-fooled senses!
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by babeface3: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2012
God will surely have mercy on Nigeria. I had always wondered why people in that part of the world are always at the receiving end of everything. Here in Europe, during the winter, I was always marvelled whenever they make good weather a prayer point in their churches. The toughest of the winters cannever be compared to what we have over there in the name of weather. I remember my days in Lagos when I could not sleep for several days because of heat, whatever the winter here you just need to cover yourself with any cheap winter wear or blanket and have a very sound sleep. Lets leave electricity for now. I have never seen any rodent or those nasty insects in my low level room where I live as a student, yet the cutest and most hygienic houses in Nigeria have all these disease infesting insects, not to mention the worst of all, mosquitoes. I can stay outside my hostel without any mosquito bite, now that its spring. When I asked my Nigerian friend here in the campus why these rodents and insects like house flies are not here, he just sarcastically said 'why would they be here, Nigeria is their home". I was rushing to kill a rare specie of mosquito I saw one day in my room and my European room mate started laughing,.. "ur gonna get malaria" I intoned, 'no no, there is no maalaariaa here, that insect doesnt give maalaaria, it doesnt bite, he quipped. What have we done in that part of the world with politicians carting this money away in billions? Yet we see all sort of big cars and other luxuries among the people everyday.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by itiswell1(m): 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
oradee:
lol...im surprised BEAF hasnt posted a comment regarding this thread... grin

I wonder where the dude resides... undecided

Wetin the guy wan talk. No light for im area also now.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by egbason: 1:37am On Mar 31, 2012
Its almost amonth now without light, except for some deceptive show of 10mins a few days, i.e in NRC compound, EB.
It's dat terrible.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by madprof(m): 2:54am On Mar 31, 2012
If the power supply nationwide worsens it will have no effect in Kano because by default, Kano is and has always been enveloped in darkness. It is quite "normal" in Kano to be without light for several days at a time. Seeing NEPA light in Kano is rather the rare exception than the rule.
Be it known that the second most populous state in Nigeria has been suffering near-zero power supply for years.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by tiebe: 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2012
babeface3: God will surely have mercy on Nigeria. I had always wondered why people in that part of the world are always at the receiving end of everything. Here in Europe, during the winter, I was always marvelled whenever they make good weather a prayer point in their churches. The toughest of the winters cannever be compared to what we have over there in the name of weather. I remember my days in Lagos when I could not sleep for several days because of heat, whatever the winter here you just need to cover yourself with any cheap winter wear or blanket and have a very sound sleep. Lets leave electricity for now. I have never seen any rodent or those nasty insects in my low level room where I live as a student, yet the cutest and most hygienic houses in Nigeria have all these disease infesting insects, not to mention the worst of all, mosquitoes. I can stay outside my hostel without any mosquito bite, now that its spring. When I asked my Nigerian friend here in the campus why these rodents and insects like house flies are not here, he just sarcastically said 'why would they be here, Nigeria is their home". I was rushing to kill a rare specie of mosquito I saw one day in my room and my European room mate started laughing,.. "ur gonna get malaria" I intoned, 'no no, there is no maalaariaa here, that insect doesnt give maalaaria, it doesnt bite, he quipped. What have we done in that part of the world with politicians carting this money away in billions? Yet we see all sort of big cars and other luxuries among the people everyday.

You trying to say all bad things happen only in Nigeria?
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
ti-ebe:

You trying to say all bad things happen only in Nigeria?
abi oooo
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by mabcos: 11:51am On Apr 01, 2012
which part of Abuja are u staying? cos in most areas so far we think Abuja is d worst.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by emmke(m): 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2012
..and boy, I just hate the noise and fumes of those gens. My neighbour's gen in particular is a 4ked up one.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by tiebe: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2012
emmke: ..and boy, I just hate the noise and fumes of those gens. My neighbour's gen in particular is a 4ked up one.

men, you have no idea! and i feel bad for my neighbour downstairs. because they're closer to the 'upstairs people's generator. its a plant! at night, the noise is deafening. not to talk of the fumes (of which we all know the fumes we cant smell are the worst). and these downstairs people have babies!
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by otokx(m): 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2012
hadly slept last night due to my landlords gen which was on all night till morning. Its over a week we saw a blink of nepa light, still the bills keep coming.
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by kolaoloye(m): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2012
otokx: hadly slept last night due to my landlords gen which was on all night till morning. Its over a week we saw a blink of nepa light, still the bills keep coming.
Sir,which city/state is yours?
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by Gbawe: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2012
brainpulse:
@Gbawe,
i am so surprised that Nigerians complain that the decrease water level affects the production of Electricity and we are fooled because they know we don't Know. In an Hydro power dam, once there is decrease in water level there is a process that re-cycles the water(pumps water back to the dam), so that all through the year there is constant supply of water in the dam to power the turbine. So because of government's inefficiency and corrupt practices, Nigerian governments finds a foolish excuse to feed the foolish Nigerians who will receive the foolish excuse and confidently say it outside to other foolish friends who will tell their generations.

My friend, for Nigeria, water level affects electricity supply. No point comparing Tokyo trains to our antiquated trains. Also, stop calling Nigerians "foolish". Hydro power experts not connected with the Government confirm the correlation also.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/04/02/on-going-severe-power-outage-to-last-till-july/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

The enduring power outage
experienced across the country is
expected to last till July when the
nation’s dams will have accumulated
more water needed for more power
generation.
This was revealed by the Minister of
Power, Professor Barth Nnaji at a press
briefing on Monday in Abuja, where he
blamed the limited amount of rainfall
last year and the shortage of gas
supplied to the gas plants, as the major
cause for the outages,
which will still last
for the next three months.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Benefits For Nigeria As Donald Trump Becomes American President / Residents Of Niger State Protest Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) / If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.