Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? (9834 Views)

Would You Dress Your Son Like This? / Ladies Can You Rock This Hairstyle?????????????? / Why Do You Dress The Way You Dress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 11:10am On Nov 02, 2007
how many ladies on NL dress up, or would dress up, in the presence of their brother, cousin, nephew e.t.c.?
how many mothers on NL actually dress up in the presence of their sons? this is a common trend in nigeria you know!
even heard some fathers dress up in the presence of their children, but i guess thats when they are still young sha!
just wanna know! no prejudice, no hard feelings!
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2007

It was common in my home when a child is young, because they're sometimes always in the room, but as they get older around 6 o r 7 years old that should not continue. I think its especially questionable when a sister/brother/ etc dress and UnCloth in front of one another. I most certainly wouldnt want my future husband undressing in front of his sisiters, and if i had a brother, im certain that he would be uncomfortable with me undressing in front of him.

Its a good question, that never crossed my mind, so,, Why did u ask this. Is it common for Nigerian men to dress and UnCloth in front of his sisters/mother/cousins, and Nigerian women as well? I would like to know, dont think I would want to deal with that.

love & light,

Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by mellow(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2007
My 2 female cousines used to do that intill they went amarrying.

Don't know whether I enjoyed those scenes though.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by mutter(f): 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2007
I UnCloth in front of my kids when they are young. When they get older it varies. I do not UnCloth in front of the boys but they can see me topless, with a bra on. I could UnCloth in front of the girs but also not totally naked. Well the girls get to see more than the boys.
I also do not stumble in on my kids when they are naked as soon oa they get to the age that it embarasses them.
I guess we are not free on such things in my fymily. My husband is even more conservative and makes no exceptions.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Busta(f): 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2007
my sis only
no other person is allowed in the room when I'm doing ma buziness
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by iice(f): 7:43am On Nov 03, 2007
Bra and panties sure but naked only my sis
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by spoilt(f): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2007
A lot of families are stuffed into one room. There's no privacy anymore.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2007
sweetNsoflyy,

Thanks for ur contribution n sorry for the delay. u see, the reason i posted that thread was because way back secondary school, there was this chap who claimed he used to dress up in the presence of his sisters, he was an only boy i guess.

And even more interesting is that the guy said his sisters used to play with his thing, and the guy was well endowed. I went to a full-boarding-boys-only, and we bathed out-doors, so every body knew what everybody had. Even many of our female corper teachers liked to walk past while we bathed.

But back to the point, while i know that incestuous relationships are very rampant these days, and i certainly did not expect any NLer to own up to one. On a lower scale, i just wanted to know what goes on in different homes, as it relates to the subject of this topic, later!
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by snugle: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2007
i think it depends on the kinda or the strength of the bond that holds the family together. in myfamily, we have mouth to mouth kisses,like pecks from father to daughters,brothers and sisters and even my grandmum(PHEW).My brothers can change in front of me,cuz i do same with them,even cousins,but we know where to draw the limit cuz sum1 eventually ends up walkin outta the room
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by ehie007(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2007
Me i walk naked in my house in front of my parent eyes.

No body hides his or her unclothedness in my family.

My mom dresses in front of my dad so also my dad, even in front of the children.

I dnt see anything wrong abt it.

When am going to shower i walk pass naked infront of every body in my house.

Even my female cousins dress and UnCloth infront of we the male cousins.

It all depends on the level of relationship amongst ourselves. shocked
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2007
ehie007,
liar! liar!! pants on fire!!!
i don't believe a word of what u just posted! shocked
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by efuah(f): 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2007
ehie007 shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by adeboo(f): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2007
I may be partly naked in front of my daughter but not totally naked.
If i had son, i would never do it once he starts growing (like 2yr old).

I feel its wrong cause then the children will feel its a norm and go looking at other naked people.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by nkybabe: 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2008
ehie007.U just lied.
Even when Adam and eve discovered they were naked in the garden,they used their hands 2 cover their tins.Y should u nw expose urs? As mi,yes in front of ma sistas but mum won't even let u UnCloth in her presennce.She will chase u out.
As 4 ma bros,once u start dressing or undressing he gently walks away or if there is discusssion on ground as @ dat time,He simply moves 2 anoda end of the room but 4 ma kid broda,[2yrs+]dat one will want 2 peep and cee d sccyebles.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by spoilt(f): 3:50am On Jan 15, 2008
ehie007:

Me i walk naked in my house in front of my parent eyes.

No body hides his or her unclothedness in my family.

My mom dresses in front of my dad so also my dad, even in front of the children.

I dnt see anything wrong about it.

When am going to shower i walk pass naked infront of every body in my house.

Even my female cousins dress and UnCloth infront of we the male cousins.

It all depends on the level of relationship amongst ourselves. shocked

no vex abeg but na room to room? grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yimiton(f): 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2008
Never my male siblings or other male relations. With my sisters, it's ok. With female cousins and female friends, partially; Mean with pant and bra, but never stack nacked.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by ifyalways(f): 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2008
i cant dress up/UnCloth in front of any one but MY HUSBAND.
maybe if i had a sister,it wud have been different.
my mum though undresses/dress up in my presence

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 10:54am On Jan 16, 2008
yimiton:

Never my male siblings or other male relations. With my sisters, it's ok. With female cousins and female friends, partially; Mean with pant and bra, but never stack nacked.

It is STARK NAKED!!! no offence intended pls and purely for the benefit of those who might not know. No one is an island and we all learn everyday! tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by efuah(f): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2008
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man?
NO!!!
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Lady2(f): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2008
It really does depend on the type of relationship and how comfortable you are with your body.
I attended boarding school so it really isn't a big deal for me to dress up in front of females.
I have what you have, you've seen it before. If you're a lesbian just don't approach me and we're cool.

I also don't have a problem dressing up in front of some of my male friends, but ofcourse this is after I have on my undies. I trust them.

As for my family, well in front of my sisters, aunts, female cousins, mum, absolutely no problem.
In front of my brother, uncles, bra and panties.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2008
~Lady~:

It really does depend on the type of relationship and [b]how comfortable you are with your body.[/b]I attended boarding school so it really isn't a big deal for me to dress up in front of females.
I have what you have, you've seen it before. If you're a lesbian just don't approach me and we're cool.

I also don't have a problem dressing up in front of some of my male friends, but ofcourse this is after I have on my undies. I trust them.

As for my family, well in front of my sisters, aunts, female cousins, mum, absolutely no problem.
In front of my brother, uncles, bra and undies.

Way to go girl! way to go!! grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2008
No, can't do it.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by ifyalways(f): 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2008
~Lady~:

It really does depend on the type of relationship and how comfortable you are with your body.
I attended boarding school so it really isn't a big deal for me to dress up in front of females.

In front of my brother, uncles, bra and undies.
hehe. cheesy cheesy cheesy
if you've got it flaunt it tongue LMAO
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Lady2(f): 3:49am On Jan 21, 2008
@ yemivictor.

I don't quite understand your stance. Pls explain.

@Ifyalways

It's not necessarily "if you've got it, flaunt it"
There are those who are comfortable in their own skin but can be considered a nuisance to society if they become bold enough to flaunt it in public.

luckily I don't have that problem.
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Dreloaded(f): 3:58am On Jan 21, 2008
depends on the man wink
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 10:29am On Jan 21, 2008
~Lady~:

@ yemivictor.

I don't quite understand your stance. Please explain.

@Ifyalways

It's not necessarily "if you've got it, flaunt it"
There are those who are comfortable in their own skin but can be considered a nuisance to society if they become bold enough to flaunt it in public.

luckily I don't have that problem.

My stance? Well, while i subscribe to how being comfortable in your body is directly proportional to how much skin you might want to show. You know, "flaunting it if you've got it", so to speak (and like ify said).
I certainly will not condone you going stark naked before . . . your brother, for example! However, it might shock you to know that some babes may actually be indulging in this already, without any strings attached! It all depends on how we were raised!

NB: Could you please expantiate on your last statement above which i have put in bold letters?
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Lady2(f): 2:00am On Jan 22, 2008
@yemivictor

LOL. Yeah, go ahead, act like you have no idea what I mean.

I am beautifully made and realise that I have to take care of this body that the good Lord has blessed me with. (interpret that however u wish to)
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Blackcat(f): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2008
I go stark naked in front of my mum and she does likewise. However she doesn't feel comfortable when I'm stark naked and my husband walks in. She still feels I'm her little girl. grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 11:04am On Jan 22, 2008
~Lady~:

@yemivictor

LOL. Yeah, go ahead, act like you have no idea what I mean.

I am beautifully made and realise that I have to take care of this body that the good Lord has blessed me with. (interpret that however u wish to)

LMAO! grin Now i get what you mean! Perhaps we could strike up a platonic online relationship, what do you think? wink
Do you YIM? grin

Blackcat:

I go stark naked in front of my mum and she does likewise. However she doesn't feel comfortable when I'm stark naked and my husband walks in. She still feels I'm her little girl. grin

I'm curious to know what your mom will be doing in the bedroom you share with your husband (i hope), especially when your husband is around and more especially when you're butt naked? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Blackcat(f): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
I'm curious to know what your mom will be doing in the bedroom you share with your husband (i hope), especially when your husband is around and more especially when you're butt naked? shocked shocked shocked
[quote][/quote]

Na you sabi oh! I be the woman only female pickin oh! Na women talk we de talk and na for her room (guest room) I de when my hubby come fine me when I naked de rub cream and de do amebo talk oh!when she come visit us oh! I beg oh! Hmmm make you try answer @ topic when you naked, leave my own alone oh!
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by yemivictor: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2008
Blackcat:

Na you sabi oh! I be the woman only female pickin oh! Na women talk we de talk and na for her room (guest room) I de when my hubby come fine me when I naked de rub cream and de do amebo talk oh!when she come visit us oh! I beg oh! Hmmm make you try answer @ topic when you naked, leave my own alone oh!

ROFLMAO! grin grin grin
Take it easy now! men! i can't stop laughing o! It's just that the initial post was left open to many suggestions! But now that you've cleared the air, no qualms!

But i must admit that you're really very funny sha! And you know what? This your new post creates a unique scenario and it got me thinking; what is a husband to do in such a situation? Because, ordinarily i'd be startled and might beat a retreat, purely because of my mother-in-law's presence!

Don't exactly know what your husband did but i'm curious to know, care to share? still laughing grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of A Man? by Blackcat(f): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2008
yemivictor:

Don't exactly know what your husband did but i'm curious to know, care to share? still laughing grin

No lipsrsealed
Tell us your own grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igala Beautiful Attire. / Nairaland Tee Shirts / Fashion Lookbook Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.