Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:00 AM

How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? (10977 Views)

Do You Talk To Yourself? / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by alexarelano(m): 9:30am On Mar 20, 2013
I do call my mumsie almost everyday, d funny thinz is dat my Mum use 2 ask of my #GF wey dey pick my parents' call. It's makes me laugh.
#2nd page thinz. Jst saying ni oo. No stone throwing ooo.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by sunnshyn(f): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
hmmm....me i never call. I think its just cos i hate speaking on the phone. i hate making calls generally, even d feel of the phone on my ears makes me feel "somehow". But trust my mama, that woman calls me every single moment.

Conversation btw sunnshyn and mom

mom: Otepum(what she calls me, i wonder wat it means),hw far na?

sunnshyn: i dey oo, whats up?

mom: nothing o, i say make i hail you o as u no dey call.

sunnshyn: ehn ehn. daalu ma.

mom: e no ofuma?

sunnshyn: im good mom. u good?

mom: i'm well Otepum. ehn ehn, Tawa gave birth to a baby boy, Shola is getting married, Niyi did he's child dedication last sunday, Nonye is....

susnnhyn: that good oo. hey mom, im busy now can i speak with u later? I miss u ma, take great care ooo

mom: ok ok, call me oooo...

sunnshyn: ok. byee!

angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Ferdinandu(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
gboss4sure: I guess I need to change. Calling my family + siblings is one thing am not good at and it always causes trouble for me even my sister is angry with me till now for not calling her throughout last year. Am not that Good in keeping mutual relationship. There is this my cousin I haven't seen or talked to in 2yrs now, she used to call me before but am not good in returning calls so I guess she quited unpon say I dey naija fulltime except for the few travels. I need to change for better
Guy we are in the same shoe
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by yuzedo: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2013
freecocoa: I wish mine would give me the chance to be the one doing the calling.

The way my dad calls can be very annoying most times,he calls more than 6 times a day sometimes and when he can't reach me,he calls my roommate.

I'm not even abroad o.
We know say you no dey abroad, you no need to tell us. You think say visa easy? undecided

sunnshyn: Conversation btw sunnshyn and mom

mom: i'm well Otepum. ehn ehn, Tawa gave birth to a baby boy, Shola is getting married, Niyi did he's child dedication last sunday, Nonye is....
grin grin grin

Wait! ya mama dey call you otepum?? is your nyash considered big? undecided
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Pleasantme: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2013
I tink caln ones parents everyday isnt. Just enof, Aving dem at hrt per-time and prayn 4dem alwys is even far greater.... rmbr, we r heavens sent 2dem, lol

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 20, 2013
After almost being a year old makes front page.

We talk daily.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by aadetoyin(f): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2013
sureteeboy: hmm... ONCE A WEEK IS NOT MUCH OO

That against all odds plus cost of international calls. And my mum is the type that will want to talk for 20 mins or more. ℓ☺ℓ
She'll just continue gisting so I'll be like 'mum am running out of airtime'
*covers face*
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Imyourex(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Me and my parents we glue together like bread and butter. If I dont visit in two days, they must come to me. I must call my parents when reaching office and when closing and when I get home.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by sunnshyn(f): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2013
yuzedo:

Wait! ya mama dey call you otepum?? is your nyash considered big? undecided

what is nyash? shocked shocked
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Elxandre(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2013
freecocoa: I wish mine would give me the chance to be the one doing the calling.

The way my dad calls can be very annoying most times,he calls more than 6 times a day sometimes and when he can't reach me,he calls my roommate.

I'm not even abroad o.

Can we swap dads? grin just be grateful to have such dad. My dad doesnt even care i cant return to school this semester. undecided
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by alexarelano(m): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2013
Im your ex: Me and my parents we glue together like bread and butter. If I dont visit in two days, they must come to me. I must call my parents when reaching office and when closing and when I get home.
U mean U are 5&6 like centre backs? Jst asking ni oo.
#Spendinmoney
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by alexarelano(m): 9:44am On Mar 20, 2013
sunnshyn:

are u a learner?
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Imyourex(m): 9:49am On Mar 20, 2013
alexarelano: U mean U are 5&6 like centre backs? Jst asking ni oo.
#Spendinmoney

Yes o @ Alexarelano
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by azpekuliar: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2013
My Dad..once in a blue moon...

Mama...once or twice a month...

and If none of them calls, I aint doin the callin...

as for my siblings...foggeddadttiinnn!!!
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by aadetoyin(f): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2013
sunnshyn: hmmm....me i never call. I think its just cos i hate speaking on the phone. i hate making calls generally, even d feel of the phone on my ears makes me feel "somehow". But trust my mama, that woman calls me every single moment.

Conversation btw sunnshyn and mom

sunnshyn: i dey oo, whats up?

mom: nothing o, i say make i hail you o as u no dey call.

sunnshyn: ehn ehn. daalu ma.

mom: e no ofuma?

sunnshyn: im good mom. u good?

susnnhyn: that good oo. hey mom, im busy now can i speak with u later? I miss u ma, take great care ooo

mom: ok ok, call me oooo...

sunnshyn: ok. byee!

angry angry angry

ROTFL
Sounds so much like my friend's mum.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Sike(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2013
Anytime Anyday... As long as they do the callings and i do the receiving. Anytime!
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by alexarelano(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2013
Im your ex:

Yes o @ Alexarelano
okay Boss. Are U at office?
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by yuzedo: 9:53am On Mar 20, 2013
sunnshyn:

It's complicated. grin
But take a picture of your backside (just between your waist and thighs) and send to oloye@theeaglehavelanded.com, and i will try and explain what nyash is.. wink
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by aries26(m): 9:54am On Mar 20, 2013
maryini: I call when I need stuffs. It sounds bad but what would I be calling my parents to say everyday?
I wonder. When my mother was alive we can talk everyday. I don't see my self calling my father or brothers everyday.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by alexarelano(m): 9:55am On Mar 20, 2013
aries26:
I wonder. When my mother was alive we can talk everyday. I don't see my self calling my father or brothers everyday.
exactly like mine
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by alexarelano(m): 9:56am On Mar 20, 2013
aries26:
exactly like mine
however, my mumsie is alive.
I'm sorry 4 ur loss
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by aries26(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2013
maryini: I call when I need stuffs. It sounds bad but what would I be calling my parents to say everyday?
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 20, 2013
Same with u poster! Sometimes sef once in two weeks, especially my mum. I call my dad more often like two or three times a week, sometimes more...and its usually cos i need something. My mum's own is usually cos i want to greet her
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Ama28(f): 10:06am On Mar 20, 2013
9ja-ninja:
almost every day ... when i'm cooking i call and put them on speaker, when i'm in class i text, at the movies, at a club ... even when i'm asleep i sometimes wake up just to hear their voice and go right back to sleep. i do this because i feel life is short and i know when i'm older i would wish i had given them more time ... distance is not a barrier

Hmmmm I admire you for this! My folks will love you, am so caught up in this not calling issue. My dad calls like once a month to scream at me for forgetting him. Mum calls more often.

I think I will call more often now, like u said life is too short. Got to go, have a call to make.
Thanks op for this topic
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:11am On Mar 20, 2013
freecocoa: ^^I know my dear but the love dey tire me sometimes cos those calls don spoil my groove many times wink.
Mtcheeeeew? I fit kunk your biq head nah!lol! Na joke oo
You sef dey see that kind love you dey complain!! Freecooca am disappointed in you oo
Shey if na you boo call you 20times a day...u no qo complain sheyyyyyy!! My oqa at the top must hear this
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by aries26(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2013
alexarelano: exactly like mine
however, my mumsie is alive.
I'm sorry 4 ur loss
Thanks.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by FlyinSaucer: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Making calls to anybody including my folks is not my hobby. Unless there's an important info I wanna pass across. I no get time 4 petty petty tins!
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2013
Im your ex: Me and my parents we glue together like bread and butter. If I dont visit in two days, they must come to me. I must call my parents when reaching office and when closing and when I get home.
Ammmmm soooooo yealous oh sorry jealous
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by ifihearam: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2013
9ja-ninja:
almost every day ... when i'm cooking i call and put them on speaker, when i'm in class i text, at the movies, at a club ... even when i'm asleep i sometimes wake up just to hear their voice and go right back to sleep. i do this because i feel life is short and i know when i'm older i would wish i had given them more time ... distance is not a barrier

Lies
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Ayoobscom(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2013
From my first year in the university used to buying bread and beverages for my dad,I couldn't afford a phone then,so I was always sending hand written letters to him..my friends used to admire how I save portion of my money to buy bread and beverages for my dad. I can't explain why I do this,and he would pray for me each time I present it,and saying "how did you get money to buy all these "
As destiny would have it,I lost him while at 400level...and I never knew those were the token I would ever be able to offer him...if he is to be alive today,I wouldve bought him cars..but life is mystery and we just can't wait..
Do the little u can for them now....don't say you have too little to give..them...I pet my mom to sleep with call at nights and wake her with call at the cock crow

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2013
my mum cals me daily she does nt wait 4 u 2 cal 1st and my dad,it depend on his mood.atimes 1ce a wk oda tym 1ce in 2wks n sumtime 1ce a month.which eva way,i cal my mum more.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by kenex4ever(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2013
deloon: I haven't talked to my Dad since November last year and I've talked to mum twice this year. Its not like I don't love them. I would probably die for my family but I'm just like that...complicated.

Dats exactly me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? / How Can I Add Weight? / How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.