Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,528 members, 7,968,492 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:21 AM

How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? (10975 Views)

Do You Talk To Yourself? / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by palabest: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2013
grin grin
freecocoa: ^^I know my dear but the love dey tire me sometimes cos those calls don spoil my groove many times wink.

Lol. Those calls were meant to actually spoil ur groove.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by dubem3(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2013
Funny!
i called my dad this morning and he was like 'nwoke, nya na aka na anu onu gi?' 'Man, so ur voice is still being heard?' the last i spoke to him was sometine in january. It used to be really bad and he used to be forced to do the calling when it got too long. I got better though. This lenght was just an exception. But what will we talk about if i have to call him so often? i let the gist accumulate and when i call, we talk for a really long time. unless something is on and we have to talk steadily till its been taken care of...dahz all

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by socrateez(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2013
What makes children remember their parents when they leave home is the love and acceptance they had while growing up. Though only my Mum is alive, she didn't bring me and my siblings up with that. Each of us lived our different lives from birth so there's no connection now that we're grown up and its has backfired on her; no one bothers to call her. Her monthly upkeep does not fail but to call.....forget it.
Parents pls take note.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by kennyfao(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm! I call mine maybe once in two weeks and that's is after several complain

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Fadelex(m): 10:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Phew.... I jst talked to my dad nw after a month, he's in SW and i'm in abj bt i jst dnt tink it's necessary buzzing d man all d time, we talked like once in a mnth, My sister who is like my mum is the one we always talk like every 2 days
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by dapachez: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2013
I got my dad a contract line so I talk to him in the morning and evening. This was cos I learnt the hard way after I lost my mum,I used to call like once a week but text twice daily but now its calling all day
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by mecussey(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Mine is once in 3 months, unless they call. My mum understood but dad
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by deejayzee: 11:19am On Mar 20, 2013
When i was working in lagos i call my mum everyday n she use to beg me to call ma dad even though i use to call him thrice in a week
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Pelummy(f): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2013
ma mum,my first LOVE............i do call her every dae,dad 1ce in two months,siblings 3rce a week
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by stagger: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Every day my mum wants to talk to me. I don't really dig it because some days I like to think clearly.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Greatlydia(f): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2013
not very often buh at least i call twice in a week. but actually i feel am not doing well ...... i really wish to call more dan dat, everyday if possible. i love my family so much i want to alwaz get in touch wit dem since am not close to dem.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by repogirl(f): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2013
991: My father always put himself first before his kids, I can stay comfortably for a decade without calling/talking to him.
But my Mum always put her children first even now that we are all grown-up, I call her frequently.

My own Dad is annoying, If I call him , he'll annoy me so I dont bother, he prefers even talking to my husband than to me and I dont mind atall. He's calls me when he needs to tell me something urgent, I can count the number of times I've spoken to him this year, maybe twice but my mom is an angel. She can be annoying a few times but I love her so much, cant go a week without talking to her atleast three times, funny thing is she's the one that calls me more sef. If she doesnt then I call her.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2013
2 to 3 times a week unless I am really busy.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by obowunmi(m): 11:45am On Mar 20, 2013
My dad once a year. My mom everyday. wink wink
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2013
obowunmi: My dad once a year. My mom everyday. wink wink

You sef go become daddy one day o.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by obowunmi(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
God dey
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by scobaba: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ever since my mum passed on in 2011, I call my dad everyday.

Before her demise, I used to call her once in 3days n my dad, ONLY WHEN my mum annoys me.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by zayhal(f): 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
I used to call both of them like once in two weeks or more and then my dad would complain that I don't call them enough. Infact he did most of the calling. The last time he called, the last time I heard his voice, he was complaining that I didn't call nor visit, I promised to visit but after a few weeks, mum called at night that dear daddy had passed on. I felt (still feel) so bad about it.

Now I call my mum everyday. Just finished speaking with her self.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by wummex(f): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
The bottom line is to keep in touch with our parents because they won't be there forever. We should also remember that we will all grow old one day and we should do to them now what we want our own kids to do to us in future.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by gohamburg(f): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Pelummy: ma mum,my first LOVE............i do call her every dae,dad 1ce in two months,siblings 3rce a week
Same for me too dear.I talk to my mum every other day...
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by mariblizzy(f): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
maclatunji: ^It's love.
yes oohhh, some people are looking for that ooohh.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by WAM1(f): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
Everyday...
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by JisolaMar(f): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
I hardly call my folks :. ...sometimes when i seee their calls & i'm not in a gisty mood...i just put d phone on silence...i dunno; just not a cal/phone person.
I tried to make it a weekend routine but i soon got bored out undecided

My father still caled me yesterday & today and i didnt pick....he has sent a message instead...maybe i'd cal him when i get back home today...
the irony now is that i hardly cal my in-laws too and they are complaining to high heavens esp. my MIL & sis-in-law.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Popowaa: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Depends on the kind of relationship u ve.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by chocopearl(f): 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
I call them often now i learnt to do dat d hard way. My grandpa asked my siblings and i to call him often wen we wer leaving villa after d xmas/new yr celebratns in jan 2012. I neva did & grandpa died in august 2012. Honestly i stil feel guilty abt dat, so fellow nairalanders always try to communicate ur loved ones wen they re still here to avoid 'had i known'
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
I'm sorry, come again shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Did my topic just hit frontpage? after a year? shocked shocked

NL, I hail thee.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Fhemmmy: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
naijababe: 2 to 3 times a week unless I am really busy.

When i grow up, i really would wanna be like you . . . Regards to Oga oh
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by adonisgold: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
9ja-ninja:
almost every day ... when i'm cooking i call and put them on speaker, when i'm in class i text, at the movies, at a club ... even when i'm asleep i sometimes wake up just to hear their voice and go right back to sleep. i do this because i feel life is short and i know when i'm older i would wish i had given them more time ... distance is not a barrier

How old are you?
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
9ja-ninja:
almost every day ... when i'm cooking i call and put them on speaker, when i'm in class i text, at the movies, at a club ... even when i'm asleep i sometimes wake up just to hear their voice and go right back to sleep. i do this because i feel life is short and i know when i'm older i would wish i had given them more time ... distance is not a barrier

Please work on this before getting married oh, cos no man or woman would take this from their spouse.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
ok, so right now, I call my parents once or twice a week, sometimes thrice a week. It all depends on my schedule and how my mood is. Ain't nobody got the time and money to call them everyday. undecided undecided

My parents call me on the weekends, that one is like a standard procedure for them, unless I called the day before or something.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Oahray: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella: I'm sorry, come again shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Did my topic just hit frontpage? after a year? shocked shocked

NL, I hail thee.
grin grin
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by TableLeg(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
A few times a week .... My mum get's the lion share of the time i spend calling!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? / How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? / My Side Of The Story - Siena’s Ex-wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.