Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,331 members, 7,884,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens (3553 Views)

Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com / Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan - OBJ / Tribune To OBJ: Seems You’ve Reconciled With Jonathan? OBJ: (you’re Not Well) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by Gbawe: 7:13am On Apr 08, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: The SW has always remain true to her nature. They can never be trusted by the SS and SE. The marriage between the SW and the north can never be broken. They will forever remain allies. I'm happy our south south brothers have realised this.

You people are myopically funny and hypocritical. Running around accusing others of being untrustworthy. The irony is that your indoctrinated mind does not even realise that this is what some of us are talking about here. I,e GEJ being treacherous and untrustworthy. He pledged to serve only one term and I can drag out threads on NL where we discussed this exhaustively. The perceived betrayal of others against you is what you can never let go of. I would then assume this should predispose you to understanding the hate some may have for GEJ's treachery also. That you don't only confirms your myopic outlook of only associating negatives with certain ethnic groups alone.

You are talking of a whole region , consisting of millions, being true to "their nature" yet remain blissfully blind to how GEJ, one man, is consistently demonstrating a nature of treachery, broken promises, deceit and "ungentlemanly" conduct. That is how much your hatred of the SW clouds your thinking. Not one thing in GEJ's election campaign promise has he pursued aggressively. Yet, with utter treachery, he betrayed Nigerians chasing tenure elongation and fuel subsidy removal passionately. He kicked them in the teeth with the taunt of "leaner government not possible". There is many more acts of treachery like that from GEJ but I guess your "brother" is allowed to be as treacherous as he want. In your eyes he will never be as bad as the evil "Yaribas" and "Almajiris".

I don't care for your SW, SS or SE talk because, frankly, that has nothing to do with the substantive Nigerian issue here. Point is that when the aggrieved in the "nest of killers" (nothing to do with the SW even if you are too blind to note so) begin to do their worst against an "ungentlemanly" President, it would be good if folks like you are man enough to admit what GEJ himself did to warrant the bad blood instead of lazily and falsely blaming the "wicked" SW and North.
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 08, 2012
Reading through some of the comments on this thread, the real surprise for me is that some of the very same observers who see the PDP for what it truly is - a party founded and built on treachery - are the ones who now appear unduly concerned with its internal politics.

What is with the feign indignation?
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by maclatunji: 7:31am On Apr 08, 2012
999_666:
Maybe. But every man is responsible for his/her own destiny. He has to be his own man. If this news is true, then i think obj deserves what is happening to him.
GEJ has to make his own bed, but must be ready to lie on it.

OBJ is a crafty old fox. To achieve any 2nd term agenda, GEJ will virtually have to render Nigeria bankrupt because we know that he relies heavily on 'oiling' his political machine to achieve results. I pity him and his wife, they don't know what they are toying with. The people don't like them and now he is making enemies of confirmed 'bad guys' whilst his ambitions do not align with the likes of Tinubu and the CPC remains a relevant part of Nigeria's political dynamics.

Am I the only one that sees a man being trapped?
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by hercules07: 7:33am On Apr 08, 2012
eGuerrilla: Reading through some of the comments on this thread, the real surprise for me is that some of the very same observers who see the PDP for what it truly is - a party founded and built on treachery - are the ones who now appear unduly concerned with its internal politics.

This is not about their internal politics, it is about the repercussions that come out of such acts, I do not care for the PDP, but, i do care for the fallout from their inept decisions.
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by CaptBarbosa: 7:46am On Apr 08, 2012
This is PDP internal matters and has nothing to with colony of bigots writting rubbish on this thread. We in PDP believe in resolving grievance through dialogue and round table dicussion, as evident in our last chairmanship election.

We are in very much capacity to iron out the seemingly rift between our party leaders. Thank you
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by Gbawe: 7:46am On Apr 08, 2012
eGuerrilla: Reading through some of the comments on this thread, the real surprise for me is that some of the very same observers who see the PDP for what it truly is - a party founded and built on treachery - are the ones who now appear unduly concerned with its internal politics.

You are a bright guy. Can you not not work out the correlation between the PDP's internal fight/bad blood and the implication for all Nigerians? What is going on right now? Terrorism crippling the Nation while the PDP President in place is totally useless with how he is being fought and sabotaged by his own Party member determined to ensure he does not record even the slightest success. Can you then imagine if things were notched up a gear when the "moderate" Northerners (Yuguda, Lamido et al) who supported GEJ ,based on his one term pledge, turn against him?

The next phase, if GEJ goes ahead with his plan, will likely cripple Nigeria because GEJ's act of treachery is one no one will be able to deny. Remember, to the chagrin of IBB, Atiku, Ciroma et al, GEJ denied ever pledging support for zoning. We were not there so GEJ can probably get away with denying acquiescing with zoning.

He cannot, this time, deny not saying he would only serve a term as we are all living witnesses to his utterance. Those fighting him would then be emboldened to do their worst in one of those "our cause is just" spin. Whatever side of the fence one is on, it is clear all are guilty i.e GEJ and those who fight him. I made this same point while predicting the Boko Haram terrorism that would be unleashed on Nigeria. Back then, the ethnic jingoist buddies of GEJ made myopic noise about an "innocent" President from a minority group being persecuted by "born to rule" and "evil" Northerners. Astute political observers know that this is not really what is going on.

That is why I speak here. This is a chance for folks to note events from the beginning so that when trouble begins all over Nigeria, we can remember the role everyone played enough to tell the revisionists to spare us the sermon of their own kinsman being without blame while they hold others to be the "traitors", "born to rule", "parasite" etc.

http://ngmix.net/lib/vendor/web/articles/9/5764.html

IS PDP A POLITICAL PARTY OR A CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION? - By mr_mo1968_
PDP IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY, BUT A FRACTIOUS AND OPPORTUNISTIC COALITION OF INTERESTS LISA PIASCIK

The United States does not consider the ruling Peoples Democratic Party a political party, a US diplomatic cable leaked to the whistleblowing site, Wikileaks, and made exclusively available to NEXT has shown.

Charge d affaires of the US embassy in Nigeria, Lisa Piascik, in a dispatch dated October 19, 2007, informed Washington that despite its labelling as a political party, the PDP did not meet the common western understanding of a political party.

According to Ms. Piascik, the PDP lacks key ingredients most political parties share.

After taking a swipe at the partys mission statement, the American diplomat proceeded to deliver what is probably the most scathing analysis yet of the PDP.

The PDP remains an agglomeration of interest groups formed around persons of prominence and power which are loosely tied together by a desire to remain in office and maintain access to the national cake or resources of the state, Ms. Piascik declared.

The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.

She added that the party, which claims to be the biggest political platform in Africa, has no ideological consensus whatsoever and had remained divided from the start.

In a comment attached to the cable, the American diplomat said, The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.

However, the leadership of the PDP yesterday faulted Ms. Piasciks analysis, saying she had no right to deliver such a verdict on the party.

The partys spokesperson, Rufai Alkali, said the Peoples Democratic Party is governed by its constitution and the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We are an organisation, recognised and registered by the Independent Electoral Commission, Mr. Rufai said. It is only its membership and leadership of the party and the law governing its operation that can determine it status. It is strange for any organisation outside the shores of the country that is not part of the operation of the party to give it any other name outside of what is known by the party.

Mr. Alkali therefore urged his partys supporters to disregard any information that is likely to undermine the credibility of our great party.

Interest groups in the PDP
In her breakdown of the configuration of the PDP, Ms. Piascik described the party as a network of pockets of interest groups largely centred around former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his successor, late President Umaru Musa YarAdua.

She also pointed out that the PDP is a party divided within itself with different interest groups jostling for prominence. According to her, the biggest threat to the PDP is within the party itself rather than from the opposition.

When viewing and interpreting developments such as the scandals surrounding House Speaker Patricia Etteh and Senate President David Mark or the intrigues surrounding investigation of former PDP governors, it is important to remember that the largest opposition to the PDP continues to come from within the party, not without.

Ms. Piascik identified the contending forces in the PDP as the conservatives, the progressives, the Abacha appointees/supporters, the retired generals, the Obasanjo Network, the YarAdua network and the Immediate past governors Network.

The conservatives and the progressives
The conservatives, the cable explained, are made up of the initial 18 northern politicians (G1cool that were opposed to the selfsuccession bid of former military dictator Sani Abacha and the southern politicians that later joined them to form the G34.

This group, according to the diplomat, were the bedrock of the PDP and commonly referred to as the founding fathers of the party. The cable explained that this group was sidelined soon after the victory of the party in 1999 elections.

Several original members left either because they disagreed with the influence of former Abachaappointed politicians in the party or because of disagreements with President Obasanjo. Obasanjo was wellknown for his fickleness and shortly after coming into office sidelined many of the G34 who had been influential in bringing him into office.

Notable members of the conservatives, as listed by the dispatch, include, former Vice President Alex Ekwueme, Chairman of the Northern Political Leaders Forum, Adamu Ciroma, former Ambassador to the U.S, Jibril Aminu and Chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum Sunday Awoniyi.

The cable further classified the immediate past chairman of the party, Okwesilieze Nwodo, the second republic governor of Plateau State, Solomon Lar, the late former governor of Kano State, Abubakar Rimi and former Minister of Environment, Iyorchia Ayu, Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido and former information minister, Jerry Gana, as members of the progressive camp in the party. Also in the group, Chairman of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP) Ume Ezeoke, who Mrs. Piascik explained is considered a PDP mole within the ANPP, and former Minister of Justice who was assassinated in 2001, Bola Ige.

Abachaappointees and the retired generals
According to Ms. Piascik, the Abachaappointees are those who had served in different capacities under Mr. Abacha. They include former minister of works in the Obasanjo administration, Tony Anenih, former Chairman of the PDP, Barnabas Gemade, second republic governor of Anambra State, Jim Nwobodo and Minister of Foreign Affairs in the YarAdua administration, Ojo Maduekwe.

The retired generals faction includes former military president, Ibrahim Babangida, Former National Security Adviser, Aliyu Gusau, former Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma, and a former military Head of State Abdulsalami Abubakar.

Mr. Abdulsalami is not known to be a member of the PDP.

The main power blocks
Despite the preponderance of loosely aligned factions struggling for control of the party, Ms. Piascik identified three power blocks at the top of the PDP hierarchy as at the time the cable was written. The factions were listed as the Obasanjo Network, the emerging YarAdua Network and the Babangida Network. The faction, which appears to be the most influential of these three, according to Ms. Piascik, was the Obasanjo Network.

By the end of his presidency in May 2007, President Obasanjo had completely taken over the organisational machinery of the PDP, Ms. Piascik wrote.

He made all major decisions on membership, candidates, and matters of party structure, including amendments to the PDP Constitution in December 2006 which virtually guaranteed him chairmanship of the Board of Trustees.

Prominent members of the Obasanjo Network identified by the Charge d Affair are Senate president David Mark, former Speaker of the House of Representatives Patricia Etteh, who was described as the romantic interest of Mr. Obasanjo, owner of the Dangote Group and chief financier of Obasanjos campaign in 2003, Aliko Dangote, selfacclaimed godfather of Anambra politics, Chris Uba, who the cable described as having criminal ties and his brother, Andy Uba, a former domestic aide to Mr. Obasanjo. Other members of the camp were former PDP deputy national chairman, south, Olabode George, former Nasarawa State Governor, Abdullahi Adamu and his Bauchi State counterpart, Adamu Muazu.

Immediate past governors network
This group, according to the cable was formed and coalesced largely around a shared desire to avoid prosecution. They are also suspected as being the major financiers of Mr. YarAduas campaign. They include former governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, his Abia State counterpart Orji Kalu, Peter Odili of Rivers State, James Ibori of Delta State and Joshua Dariye of Plateau State. Others are George Akume of Benue State, Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna State, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi State, Saminu Taraki Jigawa State, and Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu State.

Wikileaks CABLE: The PDP lacks key ingredients most political parties share.
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by Gbawe: 7:53am On Apr 08, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
This is PDP internal matters and has nothing to with colony of bigots writting rubbish on this thread. We in PDP believe in resolving grievance through dialogue and round table dicussion, as evident in our last chairmanship election.

We are in very much capacity to iron out the seemingly rift between our party leaders. Thank you

Shut up. A classic bigot spamming the forum with "GEJ must use 8 years" accusing others of bigotry. Nothing more bigoted than blindly arguing that a grossly incompetent man , failing woefully and spectacularly, must remain in power - especially considering we are talking of the biggest black nation on earth that should always lead by example. "This is PDP internal matters" indeed . As if your "nest of killers" masters remember that when they begin butchering Nigerians over their "internal" bad blood.

I bet our fellow Nigerians (RIP) who have died in the latest blast (below) will agree with you that the bad blood in the PDP remains an "internal affair". Some of you just open your mouth and talk callously and senselessly.

https://www.nairaland.com/909827/over-20-killed-as-explosion
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 08, 2012
Gbawe:

You are a bright guy. Can you not not work out the correlation between the PDP's internal fight/bad blood and the implication for all Nigerians? What is going on right now? Terrorism crippling the Nation while the PDP President in place is totally useless with how he is being fought and sabotaged by his own Party member determined to ensure he does not record even the slightest success. Can you then imagine if things were notched up a gear when the "moderate" Northerners (Yuguda, Lamido et al) who supported GEJ ,based on his one term, turn against him?

The next phase, if GEJ goes ahead with his plan, will likely cripple Nigeria because GEJ's act of treachery is one no one will be able to deny. Remember, to the chagrin of IBB, Atiku, Ciroma et al, GEJ denied ever pledging support for zoning. He cannot, this time, deny not saying he would only serve a term. Those fighting him would then be emboldened to do their worst in one of those "our cause is just" spin. Whatever side of the fence one is on, it is clear all are guilty i.e GEJ and those who fight him. I made this same point while predicting the Boko Haram terrorism that would be unleashed on Nigeria. Back then, the ethnic jingoist buddies of GEJ made myopic noise about an "innocent" President from a minority group being persecuted by "born to rule" and "evil" Northerners. Astute political observers know that this is not really what is going on .

That is why I speak here. This is a chance for folks to note events from the beginning so that when trouble begins all over Nigeria, we can remember the role everyone played enough to tell the revisionists to spare us the sermon of their own kinsman being without blame while they hold others to be the "traitors", "born to rule", "parasite" etc.

http://ngmix.net/lib/vendor/web/articles/9/5764.html

@Gbawe,
I am not unaware of the wider ramifications which may well result from an implosion within the PDP.
Where we differ, I think, is that I consider this development a necessary evil that can elevate the debate, accentuate divisions, and, ultimately, engender the type of structural change many within the progressive community desire.

Why should I hyperventilate because malignant power brokers have now embarked on a self-destructive course, when my primary concern, as one who is diametrically opposed to all they stand for, should be on getting my ‘progressive’ house in order?

If you really must know, I hope GEJ has enough fortitude to drive his current agenda, predicated on treachery, to its full conclusion. Without heightening contradictions, how else are the long suffering Nigerian masses going to gain the political education they really need?
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by hercules07: 10:09am On Apr 08, 2012
eGuerrilla:

@Gbawe,
I am not unaware of the wider ramifications which may well result from an implosion within the PDP.
Where we differ, I think, is that I consider this development a necessary evil that can elevate the debate, accentuate divisions, and, ultimately, engender the type of structural change many within the progressive community desire.

Why should I hyperventilate because malignant power brokers have now embarked on a self-destructive course, when my primary concern, as one who is diametrically opposed to all they stand for, should be on getting my ‘progressive’ house in order?

If you really must know, I hope GEJ has enough fortitude to drive his current agenda, predicated on treachery, to its full conclusion. Without heightening contradictions, how else are the long suffering Nigerian masses going to gain the political education they really need?

Fair enough, unfortunately, GEJ will only drive us into wahala that will be difficult to get out of, OBJ can od it and get away with it, I doubt GEJ can.
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by Gbawe: 10:39am On Apr 08, 2012
eGuerrilla:

@Gbawe,

As perverse as that sounds, I totally understand your reasoning . I must say that you certainly have a point regarding how a politically unsophisticated and sentimental people, never given to introspection, may actually need harsh lessons to gain the requisite "education" that will enable them make better decisions in future for the sake of our nation.

Nonetheless, I can't shake the feeling that GEJ is opening a 'Pandora box' that will have really grave implication for the unity and security of Nigeria. I know the secessionists are drooling grotesquely , and they would rather egg GEJ on, but folks should remember the saying "be careful what you wish for".
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by Gbawe: 10:55am On Apr 08, 2012
hercules07:

Fair enough, unfortunately, GEJ will only drive us into wahala that will be difficult to get out of, OBJ can od it and get away with it, I doubt GEJ can.

That is my take too. It is clear this action of GEJ will lose him the support of the 'moderate' Northerners and even principled non-Northern PDP leaders who supported his previous Presidential ambition because of the pledge they received as per GEJ serving only one term. What is disappointing about many Nairalanders is that they are fond of talking out of sentiments and bias alone. They will then toss history, and relevant past occurrences, in the bin.

https://www.nairaland.com/570633/how-jonathan-blackmailed-govs-get

This development, according to the source, brought some relief and calmed the fraying nerves of the Jonathan’s camp. Consequently, the question of whether Jonathan was willing to do a single term and go away in 2015 arose.

Thereafter, Governors Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu of Niger, Alhaji Muhammadu Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Admiral Murtala Nyako of Adamawa, Mr. Liyel Imoke of Cross River, Chief Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, and Malam Sule Lamido of Jigawa were said to have insisted that the president should respond to whether he will serve for only one term of four years if he is endorsed. “What are we going to tell our people when they ask?” Governor Aliyu was quoted to have asked Jonathan.

An apparently disturbed Jonathan was said to have remained mute over the issue; lending credence to the raging suspicion that he wants to remain in the presidential office in the next eight years, “if that is what Nigerians want.”

It was at that point, according to our source, that the former Board of Trustees (BoT) Chairman of the party, Chief Tony Anenih came to the president’s rescue by rising to his feet and pledged that Jonathan would serve for just one term of four years. But when the question of which zone would Jonathan hand over power to after he must have served the said four year single term, both the President and Anenih kept quiet, again raising further suspicious about the president’s real motives.
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by VoodooDoll(m): 11:00am On Apr 08, 2012
GEJ constantly aims for the lowest and most obscure target, and he misses everytime.

How one man can be in power or near power for 5 years and have absolutely nothing to show for it is truly soul destroying.

The number of children and innocents that have died through the sheer ineptitude of Nigeria's ruling political party and its elites have cost and is costing Nigerians the lives and future of their loved ones.

I don't care if the person that succeeds GEJ is cross eyed with green skin and from a cave, so long as he stops this corruption, stealing, unpatriotic acts and wide spread ineptitude, he or she will have my support. GEJ, OBJ, IBB are all the same.
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by EkoIle1: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2012
Sadly, Odechukwu Odenson Oderinde Abdul-reterdeen is digging his own grave...
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by ak47mann(m): 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2012
Eko Ile: Sadly, Odechukwu Odenson Oderinde Abdul-reterdeen is digging his own grave...

shut da fuucck up man nothing go happen.............
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by ak47mann(m): 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2012
Callotti:

Damn!
Damn!
Damn!

What school did you attend ONLINE again?
Were you ever taught how to use punctuation marks?
This is disgraceful and leaves much to be desired to say the least.
hehehehehe bloody slut, you don come again tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens by juman(m): 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2012
I am surprise why people don't recognise fake news.

The news is false.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi / Picture Of GEJ In Suit As A Young Boy With Swag. / Behold The Next Governor Of Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.