Stats: 3,201,297 members, 7,977,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:39 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (149222 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by pepperyboy: 9:22am On Apr 22, 2010
the first thing i will tell all of u is sleep very well on the day before the interview!!! wateva u will do on dat day will not be beyond ur capabilities but u need to be as sharp and ready for the challenge. you will be given several documents relating to a company which u have to digest within a short period of time. subsequently, u will be summoned infront of a panel to give a brief and further questions will be asked to assess u understanding of what u have read,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by pepperyboy: 9:23am On Apr 22, 2010
have u guys been given interview dates?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2010
@pepperyboy,
Thanks for that info.

We have not been invited for interview yet. Only trying to anticipate the likely questions to get us afoot.

Can you specifically give a list of the topics that are likely to be thrown to us to choose from during the CAPACITY section of the interview? I learnt this is usually the most challenging part in the first interview.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 11:42am On Apr 22, 2010
No interview dates yet,i am just coming from the HR here and there is no basic info everybody is keeping mum,may be we should just be prayerful.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2010
You guys should help us with this CAPACITY questions of a thing now, so we can have an idea about the kind of topics we are likely to discuss on.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2010
@kvolander like i said d last time, be conversant with the happenings around the world and nigeria cos the questions do change based on that
@sitp hopeful, they are goin to compare our grades or performance wit dis new candidates ie those abt to do their interview frm next week thru may, then plot a graph of pple vs performance then pick up those they need. so my fellow hopefuls, major and serious prayers are needed dis time.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
@cheksa,how were u able to get info?please update,my source has travelled and may not be back till next 2wks.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
@cheksa,
Thanks for the info.

Do you really mean what you just said about the interviews starting next week? I mean, are you 100% positive about the info?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
@cheksa please update us on the interviews and what to expect,aint there any SRD documents to serve as a guide?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2010
@teejah my source is from HR HeadQuarters. i cant tell if its SRD or CAR but im feeling its SRD cos of the short time frame left, cos after CAR u will have abt 3weeks to be contacted if u pass or not, then it take abt a week or two to group the SRD candidates and about 2weeks or more for the SRD interview window depending on the number of successful CAR candidates, then about a month or more to be communicated back as regard regret letters or med iv.then a month for preparation. putting all these into consideration i am speculating SRD straight. as regards the documents for SRD, u will be provided by shell on what to expect. relaxation is the secrete

@kvolander i dont know the exact date but it anytime from now according to my source.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by pepperyboy: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2010
cheksa nice one man. dis information is truly valuable
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2010
@cheksa,i am impressed at ur swift response.We shall wait.Thanks a million.Edjeba must take!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2010
@pepperyboy can u mail me ur digits to loveamygirl2000@yahoo.com. @ all pls dont feel sidelined cos i need some private info from him oh.
@teejay kvolander and teejay keep us updated as regards the interview u will be invited for cos infos can still be shared as the days go by.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2010
@cheksa,

Thanks once again for the info.

@teejan,
teejan:

@cheksa,i am impressed at your swift response.We shall wait.Thanks a million.Edjeba must take!

Yes o.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2010
I just read from a similar website that there's going to be an aptitude test. If that's true, Man got to change strategy now man.

All these rumours sef.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tjcrown: 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2010
@kvolander

which website is that?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tjcrown: 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2010
[b]Four firms get FG’s license to drill for gas [color=#990000][/color]

For the first time since Nigeria struck crude oil at Oloibiri in 1956, the Federal Government has awarded licenses for exclusive drilling for gas. This is a departure from what previously obtained when most of the gas utilised is extraction from crude oil.

The beneficiaries of the license are Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), Total Fina Elf, Niger Delta Resources and Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC). Long classified as a country sitting on huge gas reserves with sprinkling of oil, the gas master plan is expected to open up the gas sector so that more companies can directly engage in gas exploration and processing. Confirming this to BusinessDay the director of Department of Petroleum Resources, Bill Agha, said the need to start harnessing the gas resources of the country has become expedient in order to realize the full potentials of the country’s gas resources.

The implication of this is that gas exploration in the country will seriously address the issue of domestic gas supply which has led to serious hiccups in the power sector. Gas reserves at January this year stood at 185.3 trillion standard cubic feet (tscf). That of associated gas (AG) stood at 97.4 tscf while non-associated gas (NAG) stood at 88.0 tscf.

Shell was granted approval to drill appraisal/development for Afam –Umuosi -2 and Kolo Creek -2 wells and to initially complete Gbaran-15 and Zarama-11 wells. The company was also asked to drill Agbada-NHSV-3 wells and process Kolo Creek Deep.

Agip was granted approval to drill appraisal/development for Irri-E well, Niger Delta Resources granted approval to work over Ogbele-1 well as a gas producer while Total Elf Fina was granted approval drill IBewa-T2 well as a gas development well.

Meanwhile, the country’s production level average 2.0 million barrels of oil per day (bpd) for the first quarter of the year. The production data shows that it was made of 1.6 million barrels per day allowed by the quota restriction placed on the country by the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries while the remaining over 700,000 barrels were made of condensate.

According to Agha who gave the monthly average production from January to March 2010, January’s average daily production rate was 2,280,859 bpd; February 2,345,897 bpd and in March average daily Production rate was 2,412,911 bpd

“Average for the first quarter 2010 was 2,346,556 bpd. The current OPEC quota is 1,673,000 barrels. Technical production allowable for the first half of 2010 was 2,501,682 bpd compared to 2,605,618 Barrels per day for the same period in 2009.

Production deferment for the first quarter of 2010 was as follows: January 2010, 522,869 Barrels per day February 2010,507,199 Barrels per day, and in March 2010, 311,337 barrels per day was deferred Average Deferment for the first quarter of 2010 was 447,135 bpd

Chevron wells that were hitherto shut-in came on stream in March, 2010, thus bringing down the deferment in March. The deferment was as a result of Niger Delta crisis and operational problems.

i thought this a good news as this signal positive development in shell which may call for need to recruit more pple or what do u guys think about this development?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2010
tjcrown:

@kvolander

which website is that?

It's a popular nigerian job website. I also noticed Shell is shortlisting more and more candidates which I think could the basis of the rumour.
If there's going ot be test,then I think the process could be much more longer than we initialy presumed. I REALLY HOPE NOT.

PLEASE, SOMEONE SHOULD CONFIRM IT IN THEIR HR.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by trakos(m): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2010
Pls i need you to help me out in d house.have been called for an Aptitude test in Port-Harcort by TOTAL after successful application for Trainee Production Operator(as OND Holder).the Test date is May 7 and believe ve gt no material(GMAT,Oil & Gas test questions format,past questions etc) cos this is my very first time in Oil&Gas industry, pls i urgently need ur help as u know ve gt less than 2wks to prepare, All materials,tips and advice are welcome.my mail box is trakos001@yahoo.ca or ollywise4real@gmail.com thank u so much
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2010
we have got to change gear,lets prepare 4 aptitude test,any how they want am we go give them,its do or die like obj said in 2007 general elections.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 10:14am On Apr 26, 2010
Seems shortlisting would end by this week friday,the toatal number shortlisted not yet up to 100,i think there would not be aptitude tests,they are looking for cost-cutting options and head for interview and then SRD.I think before the week runs out we would have a clearer picture of what is to be.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2010
@teejah welcome back. guess ur insider is back. well pls keep us updated as regard their new development.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by pepperyboy: 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2010
im going to call my SRD cordinator today and i will get back to the house later in the day
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2010
my source is back and says that those shortlisted are not yet up to 100,they initially wanted 30,but they might have increased the stake,you know that a standard SITP class under optimum production is about 120-150 pple,i believe there wont be tests,but interviews then SRD where the real ingenuity comes to play.Guys i am highly positive,i dont know of u my papa say na my time.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tjcrown: 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
@teejan,

Can you please help us ask your source; whats the shell's plan for the fiannce and hr graduates who have passed SRD since last year. Kindly help us to ask. Obviously there is nothing we can do. But sincerely speaking, negative answer from a reliable source like yours is better than positive answer from unreliable source-it will only create a false hope.

Thanks as we await favourable response and reaction from you- otimpku apolopolo 1
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2010
@ tj-crown, lets be on hold,waiting for the opportunity to pounce.For HR guys,i learnt the sent some of their HR staff off and they might want to rejuvenate soon,as per finance its just a blind end.I will tryto get info but its not that easy.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2010
Hi guys, I'm back home to p[ossess my possession. Naija hot o.

@teejan,
I would greatly prefer an interview rather than an aptitude test but all odds seems to be in the direction of an aptitude test.
Any1 sha, God dey for us. We will get there.

Please. pepperyboy, let us know when you get info from your source.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tjcrown: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2010
@teejan,

g8, and thanks a bunch. We ll hope for good as we continue to hold on for our time to come.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2010
seems going to be a test,mmmm God dey.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2010
@all this is what i read from another forum now. its a test.

Hello my people I recieved an e-mail from Shell this afternoon for a test on 10th May. Here is the mail I received.

Your Ref Nokiss*********

Dear ***********

Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with Shell. Further to your application for
a Technical Graduate position, we wish to invite you to a selection test on Monday 10th May
2010 at 1100hrs. The Test will take place at Excellence Hotel and Conference Centre,
Ijaiye/Isheri Road, Ogba. Ikeja. Lagos State.

On the day of the test, please bring with you the originals and photocopies of the following
documents (failure to do so will mean that you will not be eligible to sit the tests):
- Degree certificate(s)
- WASC/G.C.E/SSCE certificate (five credits in not more than two sittings - Maths,
English, Physics and - Chemistry inclusive)
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Birth certificate (Government registered) or age declaration
- Change of name (where applicable)
- Valid identification card

Please also bring an electronic calculator, pencils and an eraser, and a copy of this letter.

Mobile phones and other personal items that can cause distraction during the tests will not
be accepted into the test rooms.

You will need to make your own travel arrangements to and from the venue. Travel cost will
be reimbursed at our own rate.

On your arrival at the test venue, please ask to see Abigail or Agnes.

If you have any queries or need more information, please email the address below

Thank you once again for your interest in the Shell Group, and we look forward to meeting
you soon.

Kind regards,

BERNARD ENAHORO
Shell Recruitment

Africarecruitment@shell.com

I advice everyone in the house who has been shortlisted to check thier e-mail box.

you guys should be fast and accurate. all the best.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by teejan: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2010
what is the fomat?shl or whatever,can we get a uploaded materials?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kvolander: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2010
Mehn, its a test.Nothing dey happen. God dey for us.It's time to up my game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Does anyone know a thing about CF LEAD? / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62