Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,830 members, 7,915,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:50 PM

Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> (45969 Views)

Poll: Do you agree with him?

Yes : 39% (58 votes)
No: 55% (82 votes)
Undecided: 5% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Otseh: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2012
It is not clearly stated in d bible dat alcohol is a sin, so christians shld use their discretion. It is stated in Quran2 verse219 dat intoxicant is a great sin, so muslims shld avoid it .
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by greall1: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2012
SEE DRUNKARD,THEY ARE HAPPY LOL AWON OMUTI
EVERYBODY KNOW IT FORBIDING FOR BOTH M & C.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by KINGwax(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2012
coogar:

so you are saying Jesus colluded with sinners to keep the party going? really?
okija-juju - stop this blasphemy.

everything we do as humans have a limit. if you go beyond the limit, then there's a problem
alcohol if taken with moderation is fine. same as cigarette, same as eating.
man, knowledge is indeed power. The original interpretation of the word 'wine' is clearly stated in the yoruba bible. When a wine is jst pressed, it's not alcoholic until left to ferment. In the yoruba bible, there is 'waini'(wine) and 'ööti waini'(fermented, i.e alchoholic wine), a distinction that tië english versions didn't really point out.. Jesus didn't turn water into alchoholic wine and he's not even seriously against it but it's excessive intake. He clearly said, 'do not be drunk wit wine...' in anyway, d pastor is right but like i said, it wrong for him as a pastor to voice that. It's not only ciga and wine that are bad but all things in it's excess. The bible clearly said, do all things in moderation. Ë shey ohun gbogbo ni iwöntu wösi.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by KINGwax(m): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2012
coogar:

so you are saying Jesus colluded with sinners to keep the party going? really?
okija-juju - stop this blasphemy.

everything we do as humans have a limit. if you go beyond the limit, then there's a problem
alcohol if taken with moderation is fine. same as cigarette, same as eating.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by mbulela: 7:35am On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

Do you drink water with the intention to get drunk shocked? What logic is that? Why will anyone drink alcohol?
Are you for real?
Why do you drink juice/why do you drink coke?
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Smartdoy(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2012
What I l0ve in his reply was 'it depends on individual' ... I l0ve dat! Though i drink n0t and sm0ke n0t!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by rodeo0070(m): 7:42am On Apr 17, 2012
Too much of eveerything is bad...avoid excess and control yourself. Even food can be dangerous if not taken considerably. Of fact, food related illnesses takes high percentage in hospitals.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by coolguy2002: 7:44am On Apr 17, 2012
hmmm
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Blackbody20(m): 7:45am On Apr 17, 2012
simmos: You don't need every law to be stated in the bible before you know what is good or bad, read galatians 5:19-21 and galatians 6:7-9, smoking and drunken is bad because its the work of the flesh and also uncleanness in God eyes
i wonder o! U dont need a pastor to tell u what is right or wrong in Gods sight. Pastors ll lead many to hell.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Dorcaslynk: 7:47am On Apr 17, 2012
It's true that Jesus turned water 2 wine and d bible does not specify wether alcoholic or non- alcoholic wine.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 17, 2012
Guys for real, let us hv a transcript of this. I believe u guys r calling a dog a bad name in order to hang.
Smoking is not mentioned as a sin in d bible. The man has said dt it is a bad habit. Where is d f.o.o.l dt interpretes that as meaning dt it is ok 4 xtians? Really, u can't be dt daft.
Y nt be objective and state ur point
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Blackbody20(m): 7:49am On Apr 17, 2012
greall1: SEE DRUNKARD ARE HAPPY LOL AWON OMUTI
ha ha ha ha ha ha! Lol.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by moilovie: 7:50am On Apr 17, 2012
Una don come again. He put it sim ply, as a christian you should know that smoking and drinking is not meant for you. Ifan unbeliver decides to do it then he is on his own. He does not need to shout it on the roof top that it is a sin. If you are a matured christaiin u need not be told that u need to avoid these things. Make una no de critisize Pasto Chris cos he no de talk about sin sin sin all the time. Abi all of una no sabi wetin be sin again? Una wan make persin dey talk about it all the time. Go read your bibles.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by DrKnow1(m): 7:55am On Apr 17, 2012
How much did NTC and Nigeria Breweries donate to his church last week?
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by pdpiperpippen: 7:59am On Apr 17, 2012
All u nairalanders talking abt pst chris u are all fools whoever posted this thread is even a bigger fool, y post an info u are yet to confirm! And y comment on same. Idiots!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by jonnex: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2012
PLS WHAT OF THOSE THAT ARE SMOKING OR DRINKING BECAUSE OF THEIR HEALTH OR WEATHER CONDITIONS, I NEED REACTIONS PLS.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Lovine: 8:01am On Apr 17, 2012
The Scripture is clear in everything. Some of us want to be more holier than God Almighty. New Testament said in Eph. 5:18, don't be DRUNK with WINE in which is EXCESS....Read also Judges 9:13. God did not condemn it but cautions us on the way to use them. Even eating much food can affect your relationship with God and others. We are good in condemning everything but also do them. Not everything is profitable for our survival but don't condemn what God never condemn because you want to look more spiritual than others or even more than God who created them. Cigarette is drug so don't think its right to smoke them, but when we talk about things of the flesh, tell me what is not of the flesh even marriage is of the flesh, etc.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by addey(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2012
Anything you do that you dont want people to know about is a sin.
Can the pastor tell his people he drinks and smoke.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by ManXTreme: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2012
Anything not dne in faith is a sin. Anything done in excess is a transgression, if you over-eat.
There are some food stuff that cause many ailments, but no one as gone as far as to call them sin.
It is the usage of a thing that makes it a sin
Weed can be medicinal or detrimental,so also a gun or fire for that matter.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Fomaxcool: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2012
@ wesly, drink as u want, smoke as u like but sooner or later u will learn a big lesson on sin.
Smoke or cigarette contains some unhealthy chemicals like Nicotine which is enough to cause conventional Cancer n weak ur body cells. Bible does not quote Alcohol but rather wine. Alcohol is one of dangerous elements in chemical field, it's ethanol which has ability to dehydrate n cause anesthesia to ur body system, if take on average. Alcohol cause brain loss n blood shortages. Cigarette n alcoholic can catalyze ur ur body degration n decays.
All these effects are defileing n unhealthy to your God given body, True or False ?
Now Bible says @ 2ndCorinthians 7:1 that since we hold God's word as truth that we should like wise clean our selves of every defilement of fleash n spirit, so that we will be perfect as sons of God. NLs from may looking at smokes n their odours, it's perceptual bad. Therefore, if fornication and Cigarette can defile human body ,then it's typically a SIN....Think spiritual rather than phys
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by greall1: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2012
Blackbody20: MY BROTHER IT"S TRUE.BIBLE AND QUARAN APART,
EVERYONE OF US KNOW THAT DRINKING AND SMOKING IT NOT GOOD FOR HEALTH . ha ha ha ha ha ha! Lol.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by jamp: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2012
[size=13pt]You people baffles me. During Easter celebration, the phrase "WHERE IS IT IN THE BIBLE" featured prominently.

CAN U GUYS TELL ME WHERE IS IT IN THE BIBLE THAT ALCOHOL IS A SIN.

many of you take drugs forgetting that most of them has alcohol. The catholic church does not condemn alcohol but taking it in excess is a sin cos of what it will lead you to.[/size]
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by gbadeboy2: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2012
I now totally believe that religion is the opium of the people.in my own opinion,i think the pastor is right and the judgement should be left to God almighty alone.
It is the same overzealousness leading to extremism by the radical muslims that is being displayed by the christians here,with people not listening to reason and arguing blindly.people are just quoting different verses,sometimes interpreting the same verse differently to suit them.i have heard cases of religious zealots that committed suicide enmass because their leader told them it was right and i am sure that due to the justifiable call for xtians to defend themselves,if some radical pastor should follow it up and encourage his members to be armed and retaliate,not a few would do so.
so i feel we all need to be open minded and concentrate on our personal relationship with our creator whom we shall all account to.
from my post,it must be obvious that i am a muslim,so it is important that i say this.just as different languages have different name for the creator,so does ALLAH mean the supreme being and Almighty creator in arabic and i have never heard an ibo person abuse OLORUN just because it is not their language.so i think we shouldnt be overzealous because we are accountable for all our actions I now totally believe that religion is the opium of the people.in my own opinion,i think the pastor is right and the judgement should be left to God almighty alone.
It is the same overzealousness leading to extremism by the radical muslims that is being displayed by the christians here,with people not listening to reason and arguing blindly.people are just quoting different verses,sometimes interpreting the same verse differently to suit them.i have heard cases of religious zealots that committed suicide enmass because their leader told them it was right and i am sure that due to the justifiable call for xtians to defend themselves,if some radical pastor should follow it up and encourage his members to be armed and retaliate,not a few would do so.
so i feel we all need to be open minded and concentrate on our personal relationshio to our creator whom we shall all account to.
from my post must be obvious that i am a muslim,so it is important that i say this.just as different languages have different name for the creator,so does ALLAH means the supreme being and Almighty creator in arabic and i have never heard an ibo person abuse OLORUN just because it is not their language.so i think shouldnt be overzealous because are accountable for all our actions
I now totally believe that religion is the opium of the people.in my own opinion,i think the pastor is right and the judgement should be left to God almighty alone.
so i feel we all need to be open minded and concentrate on our personal relationshio to our creator whom we shall all account to.
from my post must be obvious that i am a muslim,so it is important that i say this.just as different languages have different name for the creator,so does ALLAH means the supreme being and Almighty creator in arabic and i have never heard an ibo person abuse OLORUN just because it is not their language.so i think shouldnt be overzealous because are accountable for all our actions
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 17, 2012
If Pastor Chris really said that, then he has deviated from the path of righteousness. Everyone knows what is bad and good even though they might not admit it but in their heart they knows is bad.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 17, 2012
texazzpete:

Where does it say that the wine Jesus made from water was non alcoholic? For the guests to be praising it as the best wine they'd ever tasted, you just KNOW it was alcoholic. The Bible makes many references to wine from grapes. NOT grape juice.

You who claim to know the bible, why don't you come up with ALL or even ONE verse in the bible that supports the indiscriminate consumption of alcoholic drinks I really dislike it when people can not come up with tangible proofs when arguing about things in the bible. How DO YOU KNOW the drink was alchoholic? Why did you ignore the verses I quoted above? I no like nonsense jorr. angry
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by finecoco: 8:26am On Apr 17, 2012
He got d context wrong.d Bible is complicated and shud not be taken at face value alone.for me,d bible condemns drinking too much but not alcohol itself.then,people smoke for the wrong reasons.smoking is necessary for people living in cold climates but in our country..we smoke even under a blazing sun.my conclusion is this....."Flee from all appearances of evil".....since smoking is now something else,his preaching is nefarious(vague) and might be misleading to some people
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by rastamouse: 8:28am On Apr 17, 2012
Some of the arguments are as daft as they are funny. If GOD was to spell out every sin in the Bible, where do you think it would have been written? The whole world will of course not have been able to handle such texts. In HIS infinite wisdom, the FATHER of the universe decided to give us the conscience and later the HOLY SPIRIT to guide us into all truth and knowledge to know the difference between right and wrong, even when we are just babies.

In the Bible, precisely Genesis 38:9-10, GOD killed Onan (Judah's second son) for practicing the withdrawal method. Where was it written in the Bible, prior to the incident, that GOD detests such practice? Did that make GOD a bad judge?
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by mkmyers45(m): 8:33am On Apr 17, 2012
Dorcaslynk: It's true that Jesus turned water 2 wine and d bible does not specify wether alcoholic or non- alcoholic wine.
You are a joke no wine is non-alcoholic
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 17, 2012
If this is actually true, he will soon declare that murder is not a sin.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Dalby(m): 8:36am On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

Did JESUS drink some of the wine?

Matthew 11:19

New International Version
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

New Living Translation
The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, 'He's a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!' But wisdom is shown to be right by its results."

English Standard Version
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.”

New American Standard Bible
"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds."

King James Bible
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

International Standard Version
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a drunk, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Absolved from every act of sin, is wisdom by her kith and kin."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they said, 'Behold the man is a glutton and a wine drinker, a friend of Tax Collectors and of sinners.' And wisdom is justified by its works.”

Choose the version you prefer!!!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Mcleo007(m): 8:40am On Apr 17, 2012
Though I'm no fan of his, Pastor Chris has a fair point here.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Beync(f): 8:45am On Apr 17, 2012
Ur body is the temple of God. present urself as holy sacrifices acceptable to God. may be we need bible to clearly tell us that we need to look left and right before we can cross a busy high way. How can smoker and a Drunkard present his body to God as a holy sacrifices if he doesn't quit these acts? A smoker does not only defile himself, his life and more especially the life of others who inhale the substance is at risk. The bible did not condemn alcohol but drunken bout. Smoking is no go area becos u don't need a suits ayer to tell u dat u r burning the precious life that God gave u and u don't care about others who's health is endangered at a result of ur smoking. God knows what is good for us hence he condemns these bad habits. If u desist frm soaking our selves with alcohol and smoking, we will have good health. Tuberculosis and cancer will not near us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Any RCCG Pastor That Is Not Humble Wasn't Ordained By Me" - Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Calls Off Wedding After Bride-To-Be Told Him That Her Fiancé Fingered Her / Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.