Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10784311 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11775) (11776) (11777) (11778) (11779) (11780) (11781) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timay(m): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ibime:

Why not Dele Alli stats at that age.

Expectations were different back then in terms of goal output from wingers but any man and his dog could see Messi was already in the top 3 players in 2006.

Messi came 2nd in Balon d'Or in 2008 at 21 years old BTW and won it at 22 in 2009. Havertz is already 22.

Even Ronaldo was a midfielder in a 4-4-2 then, whose assigned job by sir Alex job was to make crosses for strikers to score. And played majorly from the RW then under sir Alex.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dost42(m): 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
Havertz is good not really a no9.I dont know why he is not imposing himself in that Am in chelsea like he is doing in this euros..,we should get traore he wont cost much..he just needs a proper coach to blend him on a particular wing n improve his output...rather have gilmour stay...how good is our academy boy Borja and lewis bate..a championship loan will help them or even Bundesliga..TT needs to try out gilmour n kante more..Cho?? Im still yet to be convinced,he combines well with havertz tho,he is just one(unsuccessful)loan away before we forget him imo..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:00am On Jun 26, 2021
obainojazz:
We are expecting Champions league or nothing from him next season

Raumdeuter ngbo?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:01am On Jun 26, 2021
Trevor012:
Cc Ibime I found a forum thread from 2006 and a comparison of Messi vs Robinho and Rooney talking about most potential. Seems Messi was not that rated high there unlike Rooney cheesy cheesy. Seems a 19yrs old Rooney was better and more highly rated than Messi in 2006.

English boys. Besides Rooney had a 2 year headstart and had already burned down Euro 2004 while these boys had not really seen Messi play as of 2006 apart from the odd UCL game before he got injured

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 12:35am On Jun 26, 2021
Trevor012:

I can't see any club in the World in 2006 rejecting 150million for any player talkless of an 18yr old with less than 2 full season under his belts. 150million in 2006 can get you up to 5players from this line up wink cheesy
You must be joking, Buffon and zidane both cost over 50m pounds to their respective clubs in juve and Madrid, both were world cup winners, multiple league winners and zidane with UCL and multiple ballon d or winner, so the value didn't remain the same, Thuram cost approximately 40m pounds, I won't even go to prime Henry and Ronaldinho, 150m would get you at most 2 and leave small change
And messi's release clause was over a 100m in 2006, barca puts high release clauses in most of their players contract very well to scare off most clubs, Fati's last release clause was 100m

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 1:13am On Jun 26, 2021
Havertz10:
and the agenda begins

You tried to force me to change the gauge from 21 to 22 I refused now you are using sentiments to argue

Havertz was in team of the season at 19, he lost out on player of the year not young player but player of the year to reus at 19 with less than 30 votes

He won the champions league at 21

He has gotten Ballon d'Or shouts from both inside and outside Germany

He was valued at 100m

Chased by all the top teams, not chase as gist, they approached his agents to discuss possible transfer

He was signed for 71m at 21

Havertz is not dele alli's level on any metric, rest with your agenda abeg

Couldnt have said it better
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:06am On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

You were singing Bnakayoko praises and happy we replaced Matic with Bakayoko. That should be enough to show you supported his coming to Chelsea
unlike you I have supported every player in my team, wanting them to do well or just go.

Na people like you way go hate player dey threaten am. So supporting a young struggling player is bad but attacking them is good.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:02am On Jun 26, 2021
Kilishihunter:

grin Maxi na good man, maybe that's why, Icardi sef has been known to be a very controversial person especially during his inter Milan days, is it not his nonsense that made inter to disregard him and make lautaro blow fast
I swear down. He and his wife so felt like gods that they thought inter will not be able to do anything without them, not that him dey give inter trophies steady oo. Omo, dem treat him Fvck up sharp sharp. During that drama, I was just imagining if Icardi was Messi eh, how him for dey behave dey behave grin?
Him and him wife dey controversial gan gan, and it sure looks like match up made in heaven grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

If you really had any insight into that game or that time period, you won't call him Horno but Del Horno.

Just like someone reviewing Wikipedia and call Del Piero. . . .Piero.

You grab? . . . . Google can never give you the authenticity of live experience so no argue from perspective of Google.

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:39am On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

If you really had any insight into that game or that time period, you won't call him Horno but Del Horno.

You grab? . . . . Google can never give you the authenticity of live experience so no argue from perspective of Google.
Lol... This wan choke sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

Back then we watched football for fun, not to keep serious records of them for maybe arguement purposes. Arguements then were just the basics. I don't have a photographic memory of football matches or eras and I don't claim to have it. I have more important things to keep record of.

Of course I have watched Messi almost all his footballing Career... Precisely from the under 20 world cup. Of course I remember our left back challenging him stupidly as Messi tormented the life out of him. I know Mesisi's feet were too quick for him. Now, why didn't I remember this guy, it's simple, his time at the bridge was very short.

There are some Chelsea players of 2010 eras that I have forgotten too. So not having a photographic memory of football events and players doesn't mean you didn't start watching from that time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Hakimi's wife preferred Paris to London. cheesy

Chelsea are after a CB, finally, Sevilla's Kounde

Same Kounde playing for France at the Euros?
That must be a joke!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by teeshet: 8:06am On Jun 26, 2021
Havertz10:
I even stopped hyping him, if you noticed since that Portugal game, I have reduced the way I hype the guy

Any positive compliment havertz receives annoys people and it's not just here, even on Chelsea social media pages, they have propped up mount to be a global star and havertz is ruining their plans

If haaland comes, I swear his personality alone will be too massive, all these sentimental people will shamefully rest with their agenda

Havertz is still coming up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Same Kounde playing for France at the Euros?
That must be a joke!
When there is Guehi to back up at RCB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2021
cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 10:47am On Jun 26, 2021
Its still crazy that Italys all time top scorer is Luigi Riva with 35 goals . That is insanely low and it hasn't been broken for decades despite Italy producing good strikers over the years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 26, 2021
Havertz10:
messi 1 goal 2 assists

Havertz 1 goal 3 assists

There are so many caveats that I can also use to argue in havertz defense and drag this further but let's just leave it like this

Alaye,you wan make I send you this blackbelter to kungfu you to the great beyond for this thing wey you type

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Inter received a visit from the agent of Lille defender Sven Botman’s agent Francesco Mineiro on Thursday, prompting speculation that a deal for the Dutchman could be up for discussion.

This is one lad I would have loved to see at the bridge. Funny enough, he didn't even make it to the Euros.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
Parson Daka has confirmed his move to Leicester

Meanwhile Pep is after Reece James

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

Teams prioritise their own players over loan players mostly for financial reasons especially if their own players are performing. Wolves play with two midfielders - Neves for control and Dendoncker the runner. He will be competing directly with Neves and no way Wolves will let a good player of theirs like Neves depreciate in value on the bench while appreciating the value of a Chelsea loanee. Jorginho will also chop bench behind Neves in the same situation, 100% confam.

shaleye . I can see nerves starting every match for Portugal

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

Pep might not just be good as claimed by the Citadel crew. What do you need James for when you have Cancelo and Walker?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
That transfer news is so fake. Man City already have cancelo and Walker so makes zero sense. If they wanted a fullbacks it will he at left back to replace Mendy.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
Capaldi:
That transfer news is so fake. Man City already have cancelo and Walker so makes zero sense. If they wanted a fullbacks it will he at left back to replace Mendy.

Maybe Cancelo is earmarked as left back. Also the fact Reece can play CB and CDM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
Griffon:

Pep might not just be good as claimed by the Citadel crew. What do you need James for when you have Cancelo and Walker?
It's probably fake. Daily mail is tier 10 when it comes to transfer news

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
Capaldi:

It's probably fake. Daily mail is tier 10 when it comes to transfer news
fake as usual any news fabrizio marizio no endorse is not concrete

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
European champions have some doubts over James being a first-team regular long-term and see him more as a squad player.

This might explain why we wanted Hakimi if true
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
lordfalcao:
fake as usual any news fabrizio marizio no endorse is not concrete
Tier 1 for any Chelsea related news are Matt law and Johnson not even Fabrizio who has been called out numerous times for stealing from other journalist without giving credits.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
How is grealish worth 100m

English players are the most hyped up players, I have seen in years, no team with core english players have won a major competition, by core I mean at least 6 English players in the starting 11

They struggle to get international recognition, they aren't innately talented, their academies are hyped up, the national team is a propaganda machine, their coaches are useless and can't win anything significant, none manages a team in top level football, that's why they wanted Chelsea to die with Lampard

There is no English player that is actually world class, from striker to keeper, show me one make I see, sterling was an average player, they hyped him now they are calling him useless, did sterling ever look like a player with next level potential, foden and mount are the new hype tools that we wouldn't hear word over cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
Havertz10:
How is grealish worth 100m

[s] English players are the most hyped up players, I have seen in years, no team with core english players have won a major competition, by core I mean at least 6 English players in the starting 11

They struggle to get international recognition, they aren't innately talented, their academies are hyped up, the national team is a propaganda machine, their coaches are useless and can't win anything significant, none manages a team in top level football, that's why they wanted Chelsea to die with Lampard

There is no English player that is actually world class, from striker to keeper, show me one make I see, sterling was an average player, they hyped him now they are calling him useless, did sterling ever look like a player with next level potential, foden and mount are the new hype tools that we wouldn't hear word over cheesy [/s]

Did you type all these Epistles when Barca bought Dembele or when Athletico Madrid bought Joao Felix for 120million cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Liposure: 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

He got ake. Who knows
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Trevor012:

Did you type all these Epistles when Barca bought Dembele or when Athletico Madrid bought Joao Felix for 120million cheesy cheesy
I think that felix is a special player, dembele is another thing entirely, Barcelona desperately needed replacement for neymar and Dortmund cashed in on their desperation but he wasn't worth that figure

Grealish isn't worth 40m self, rice isn't worth more than 15m

Long term, most of these foriegn players blossom into stars, unlike British players that can never advance

Mention 1 British player in the last 5 years that is world class

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Havertz10:
I think that felix is a special player, dembele is another thing entirely, Barcelona desperately needed replacement for neymar and Dortmund cashed in on their desperation but he wasn't worth that figure

Grealish isn't worth 40m self, rice isn't worth more than 15m

Long term, most of these foriegn players blossom into stars, unlike British players that can never advance

Mention 1 British player in the last 5 years that is world class
What is special about Felix? cheesy
Yes in a season where a wingback Hakimi is going for a fee up to 70million to Psg, Grealish should go for 30million. Think before typing cheesy cheesy

Harry kane is world class. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11775) (11776) (11777) (11778) (11779) (11780) (11781) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m), fyinka47(m), Vischy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.