Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,783 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10796589 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12098) (12099) (12100) (12101) (12102) (12103) (12104) ... (19504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Ribery, Robben, Kane etc got injured quite often too but that didn't them. Talented players don't need litany of excuses to make a case for them. They just came back and continue playing.

A player whose career declined at 23 is not someone I should be discussing about.

Odoi's form is my problem and now Pulisic. The former I suspect isn't talented and the latter apparently has a fragile mind
please can you name me any top player or 2 that had ACL injury then came back half as same height as before?

I'll be waiting!

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
Only people or chelsea fans with bias/sentimental mind will see last season's league as a failure, considering the impact of tuchel.

And for the umpteenth time, top4 was in their hands at last match of the season, not the other way round, so I dunno where "begging of top4" was coming from
Alaye dey begged for 4th with 67points after spending 300million. Nor dey shalaye for here cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Unlike most of you guys here, I know how to access a player without any atom of bias. I know the qualities I look out for in a player as regards to his position.

Odoi's dribbling is average, has poor judgement and his shots lack accuracy. These are qualities that differentiate good wingers from average wingers. I will be honest, I don't rate Odoi... I doubt he will prove me wrong

If my memory serves me right, Odoi got injured trying to control a high ball which he failed to. Such disappointing first touch was a red flag.... Technically gifted players do that with ease.... Never mind getting injured trying to the it
Odoi came in as a teenager, and what I just bolded is the rough edges of most teenagers undergo before being rounded and great player. One just have to see the rough talent, then know that with time, he'll improve on his scoring and poor decision making.

Most young players(teenagers) didn't start as messi and Ronaldo, that you feel they have to play as if they're 25-26yrs cos it seems you rating Odoi as a finished product.

Robben was not a good goalscorer during his teenage age(plus some not so good decision making), but we saw how he grew at Bayern.

I'm sure you'll be among those casting aside robben when he was young

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Trevor012:

Alaye dey begged for 4th with 67points after spending 300million. Nor dey shalaye for here cheesy cheesy
So points are important now?

Who did they beg for 4th?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
So points are important now?

Who did they beg for 4th?
They beg Leicester cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Unlike most of you guys here, I know how to access a player without any atom of bias. I know the qualities I look out for in a player as regards to his position.

Odoi's dribbling is average, has poor judgement and his shots lack accuracy. These are qualities that differentiate good wingers from average wingers. I will be honest, I don't rate Odoi... I doubt he will prove me wrong

If my memory serves me right, Odoi got injured trying to control a high ball which he failed to. Such disappointing first touch was a red flag.... Technically gifted players do that with ease.... Never mind getting injured trying to the it
he is technically gifted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
please can you name me any top player or 2 that had ACL injury then came back half as same height as before?

I'll be waiting!

Rud Van Nelsterooy before moving to Man U

Ronaldo suffered worse and spent longer time on the sidelines before shaming critics in 2002 World Cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2021
afrodoc2:

If you are talking about his Achilles’ tendon injury then your memory does not serve you right. cheesy

Actually, my memory does. You don't watch all Chelsea matches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
Trevor012:

They beg Leicester cheesy cheesy
Leicester was looking for 4th too.
How will dey beg Leicester who was eyeing the 4th spot too

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
[s] Leicester was looking for 4th too.
How will dey beg Leicester who was eyeing the 4th spot too [/s]
If you don't understand the meaning of beg for top4 then I can't help you cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Rud Van Nelsterooy before moving to Man U

Ronaldo suffered worse and spent longer time on the sidelines before shaming critics in 2002 World Cup
True...
But after that tournament, everyone who watched Ronaldo knows he wasn't half as good and explosive of the Ronaldo pre-1998.

That's what injury does to you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
Odoi came in as a teenager, and what I just bolded is the rough edges of most teenagers undergo before being rounded and great player. One just have to see the rough talent, then know that with time, he'll improve on his scoring and poor decision making.

Most young players(teenagers) didn't start as messi and Ronaldo, that you feel they have to play as if they're 25-26yrs cos it seems you rating Odoi as a finished product.

Robben was not a good goalscorer during his teenage age(plus some not so good decision making), but we saw how he grew at Bayern.

I'm sure you'll be among those casting aside robben when he was young

Am I blind? Robben was very good just fragile. He was actually the best left-footed winger I watched at Chelsea. He was faster than Odoi, dribbled better and his shots where precise.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Actually, my memory does. You don't watch all Chelsea matches

It does not say anything about a high ball though which is what you stated in your post.

I recall the action very well and the moment he suffered the injury and I knew it was an Achilles’ tendon immediately. There is a classical mechanism and reaction to an
Achilles’ tendon rupture (which CHO exhibited) and it does not involve going after high balls.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2021
Trevor012:

[s]If you don't understand the meaning of beg for top4 then I can't help you [/s]cheesy cheesy
it's you that don't understand.

How will Chelsea beg Leicester for top4 when Chelsea started the day above Leicester on the table? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
Havertz10:
he is technically gifted

He is not... He just has a stylish way of running with the ball that can confuse a passive observer. I used to think that he was until someone whom ist appeared watched only Odoi drew my attention to it. I argued aggressively at first, later I started seeing reasons with him.

Actually, it's had to argue a player's flaws with someone who watches only that player.... Just like arguing Kovacic with cassanova
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
it's you that don't understand.

How will Chelsea beg Leicester for top4 when Chelsea started the day above Leicester on the table? grin
you want someone who has a 12 inch tumor for a brain to understand cry cry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
afrodoc2:

It does not say anything about a high ball though which is what you stated in your post.

I recall the action very well and the moment he suffered the injury and I knew it was an Achilles’ tendon immediately. There is a classical mechanism and reaction to an
Achilles’ tendon rupture (which CHO exhibited) and it does not involve going after high balls.

He tried to control a high ball ( ball on elevation) and his first touch was heavy. He fail immediately afterwards. While others felt sorry for him, I wondered why he couldn't control the ball. It was later I realized the injury was serious
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
True...
But after that tournament, everyone who watched Ronaldo knows he wasn't have as good and explosive of the Ronaldo pre-1998.

That's what injury does to you.

The knee never healed... That's why
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Am I blind?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Yes

Always flying around the thread looking to cause minor irritations when an argument is going on hoping to be noticed cheesy cheesy grin...

If you want me to notice you, make a sound arguement of your own or counter what I said constructively

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Am I blind? Robben was very good just fragile. He was actually the best left-footed winger I watched at Chelsea. He was faster than Odoi, dribbled better and his shots where precise.
Robben was good in his dribbling and creating spaces, but the robben I watched at Chelsea then was not so good in decision making and not a good goalscorer sha

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
BlueAngel444:
you want someone who has a 12 inch tumor for a brain to understand cry cry
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Always flying around the thread looking to cause minor irritations when an argument is going on hoping to be noticed cheesy cheesy grin...

If you want me to notice you, make a sound arguement of your own or counter what I said constructively
You mean the lady is an irritant? You are rude cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
Robben was good in his dribbling and creating spaces, but the robben I watched at Chelsea then was not so good in decision making and not a good goalscorer sha

He was still better than Odoi... It was obvious
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Damn! I just saw one brazilian chik on d field wit big boory. Yummy!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

He was still better than Odoi... It was obvious
Lol... I didn't doubt that.
I wasn't even comparing him to Odoi tbh.
What I was just saying is that young players (teenagers) still have some development in them to do and shouldn't be criticised as if they're some established stars.

Teenagers needs to be allowed to grow and make mistake while gaining experience. Odoi has the talent, what he just needs is proper game time to fully develop it (and him ready to take the opportunity)

That's just my take here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
Trevor012:

You mean the lady is an irritant? You are rude cheesy cheesy

Lol... She/he has this funny utopian idea of football.... Always thinking that every Chelsea player is good and shouldn't be criticized.

Thinking that all players in your team are good is nothing but self deceit... It's actually impossible for all players in a team to be good.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
Choi. See fine fine chicks.. I just wantu give all of dem facials. Oh lord, where is palm oil. I gott nut.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

The knee never healed... That's why
Exactly what we're saying about career altering injuries ...

Because they hardly heal and leave indelible mark, it's hard for players to return back to their previous great form
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2021
Bros nd brosisis of dz thread. Please i need ur help wit a lil cash abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:
Choi. See fine fine chicks.. I just wantu give all of dem facials. Oh lord, where is palm oil. I gott nut.
jo soapy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... I didn't doubt that.
I wasn't even comparing him to Odoi tbh.
What I was just saying is that young players (teenagers) still have some development in them to do and shouldn't be criticised as if they're some established stars.

Teenagers needs to be allowed to grow and make mistake while gaining experience. Odoi has the talent, what he just needs is proper game time to fully develop it (and him ready to take the opportunity)

That's just my take here.

TT availed him the opportunity to do so in his first match in charge. Also in other matches, but he failed to grab the opportunity. He was later used as a sub but he also failed. He was too eager to prove himself which made him attempt stupid dribbles and hasty shootings. I have lost count of how many times he blasts the ball 5 meters above the bar

That was why I said football is a very competitive sports. Just like those phone sellers hustle at Emeka Ofor in Onitsha.

You must be ready at all times to prove your worth and ensure consistency. When you get your chance, just be yourself; your talent will speak for itself

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12098) (12099) (12100) (12101) (12102) (12103) (12104) ... (19504) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.