Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,937 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10783900 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12099) (12100) (12101) (12102) (12103) (12104) (12105) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
Exactly what we're saying about career altering injuries ...

Because they hardly heal and leave indelible mark, it's hard for players to return back to their previous great form

Odoi has fully recovered..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:
Choi. See fine fine chicks.. I just wantu give all of dem facials. Oh lord, where is palm oil. I gott nut.

Guys dey fap with Palm Oil? Jesu!

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Unlike most of you guys here, I know how to access a player without any atom of bias. I know the qualities I look out for in a player as regards to his position.

Odoi's dribbling is average, has poor judgement and his shots lack accuracy. These are qualities that differentiate good wingers from average wingers. I will be honest, I don't rate Odoi... I doubt he will prove me wrong

If my memory serves me right, Odoi got injured trying to control a high ball which he failed to. Such disappointing first touch was a red flag.... Technically gifted players do that with ease.... Never mind getting injured trying to the it

I do agree about his shooting and judgement tho, but these things can improve. But I beg to disagree concerning his dribbling. Yes, his dribbling has been largely above average in recent times, but it would be wring to say he is an average dribbler, as in he HAS ALWAYS BEEN an average dribbler. His dribbling is actually the main quality which shot him into the limelight, along with his pace. CHO of 2-3 years ago was more clever and daring when it came to taking on players.
It can be attributed to his injuries and other factors (like I mentioned earlier wink ), as these things must've slowed him down physically and psychologically.

CHO strikes me as a technically gifted player who just hasn't been able to realise his ffull potential, for various reasons.

Anyways, the report that I posted which started this whole argument basically implied that he has got his half-yard back and is going past players like they aren't even there. This means he's in the best shape of his life, both physically and psychologically, and that means those factors that have been holding him back are now presumably gone. Let's just see if he can finally realise his potential this season.

If not, so be it.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
I don't know the odoi you guys watch but the one I watch, his dribbling is average, he rarely take on players. The only above average quality he has is his crossing but are we in 1990?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

Odoi has fully recovered..
Then just chill and see how this season is for him

This season will be a big season to prove himself and he knows that(I believe)

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

This ability was reliant on his pace...

Pace without goal sense wouldn't have made him the best player in the world. If it was about pace Walcott would have won Balon d'or too.

swiz123:

This ability was reliant on his pace... Sadly for him, Ronaldo had everything he lacked and better at things he was good at. His decline was rapid and this lays credence to my earlier opinion

Why are you always mentioning Ronaldo when he was arguably the best striker ever in modern day football. Did i tell you that Owen was the best striker ever?

Owen is not talentless as you opined. That's my argument and it's a fact.

swiz123:

Did you watch the recent El Classico legend match.... Ronaldinho still got it grin... He was simply born that way

And who told you that Owen didn't play well and score goals in charity matches? You are funny.

swiz123:

Talented players hardly lose their form for long... Provided at least that the player has some basic self discipline...

No serious footballer would say this below

Did Ozil play up to his Madrid's standard after leaving Spain? He must be a talentless player for not achieving that form at Arsenal.

Will you say Pogba has delivered the eye-catching performances he reeled out at Juventus for United? He must be talentless.

Ogbeni, if you say a player lacks descipline, that doesn't mean he is talentless. Know that today.

Owen might lack descipline but saying he is a talentless striker is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
swiz123:

But airmark wants us to take footballers who require 3yrs to never to recover from some months injuries seriously simply because they once played well..

Someone even said I should cut Odoi some slack because he illegally bleeped Olosho and yet to recover... Nawaoo

Still doesn't prove that they are talentless.

You will be seen as a lunatic by sensible soccer analysts if you call Adriano a talentless striker because he lost form due to his gross indiscipline and never recovered.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jodera:
please can you name me any top player or 2 that had ACL injury then came back half as same height as before?

I'll be waiting!

Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Xavi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
Everywhere I look for this Olympics Na athletes with Nigerian heritage I dey see representing other countries. Watching USA v France volleyball and a young man named Chinenyeze is killing it for France..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
Spy360:

I have read the article but please permit me to react to this your post.

1. What do you mean by randomness? If it is entropy then it is perfect and precise.

2. It's impossible for man to know the origin of the universe because as it stands, the universe has expanded beyond which light or radiation from the past can reach us. So the only 'sensible explanation' is beyond science but reasoning which is intelligent design.

3. Religion itself has been the major force for civilisation and unity. It is instead the abuse and intolerance that creates the crisis and division. Ending religion will plunge the world into an unprecedented chaos.

A microcosm of the problem of religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:04am On Jul 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Did Falcao return to his best or he is talentless according to Swiz123? Where is that talentless Lordfalcao sef? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 6:36am On Jul 25, 2021
fredoooooo:

In sport man shall not live by scores alone but the real entertainment ( ikebe super) .... I no fit kill myself grin
No wonder you like trolling ass-nal... grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:16am On Jul 25, 2021
airmark:

Still doesn't prove that they are talentless.

You will be seen as a lunatic by sensible soccer analysts if you call Adriano a talentless striker because he lost form due to his gross indiscipline and never recovered.

If indiscipline finished Ronaldinho's career, who he Adriano. Lack of self discipline is worse than injuries
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:35am On Jul 25, 2021
airmark:

Pace without goal sense wouldn't have made him the best player in the world. If it was about pace Walcott would have won Balon d'or too.

Wasn't Figo the World best player in 2001? Is walcott a striker? Talent get grade guy.

Owen is not talentless as you opined. That's my argument and it's a fact.

Where did I say he is talentless? I said he wasn't that talented... Everytime Hazard came back from one of his reoccurring injuries, the technical aspect of his game is never questioned-- only his fitness.

Did Ozil play up to his Madrid's standard after leaving Spain? He must be a talentless player for not achieving that form at Arsenal.

Will you say Pogba has delivered the eye-catching performances he reeled out at Juventus for United? He must be talentless.

Ogbeni, if you say a player lacks descipline, that doesn't mean he is talentless. Know that today.

Owen might lack descipline but saying he is a talentless striker is a lie.

This arguement is too flawed that I think I shouldn't be responding to it. Is Madrid and Arsenal on the same level? Ozil lost his Zeal in the later stages of his Arsenal career but his technique was never lost. Up until he left, he was still the most gifted player there. Only his commitment was questioned, not his skill.

Pogba is clearly a case of adaption.... Who doesn't know that Pogba is a baller.. Shouldn't his national team performance reveal the reason for his plight at manure

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2021
swiz123:

If you want me to notice you, make a sound arguement of your own or counter what I said constructively
not interested

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:51am On Jul 25, 2021
BlueMann:

I do agree about his shooting and judgement tho, but these things can improve. But I beg to disagree concerning his dribbling. Yes, his dribbling has been largely above average in recent times, but it would be wring to say he is an average dribbler, as in he HAS ALWAYS BEEN an average dribbler. His dribbling is actually the main quality which shot him into the limelight, along with his pace. CHO of 2-3 years ago was more clever and daring when it came to taking on players.
It can be attributed to his injuries and other factors (like I mentioned earlier wink ), as these things must've slowed him down physically and psychologically.

CHO strikes me as a technically gifted player who just hasn't been able to realise his ffull potential, for various reasons.

Anyways, the report that I posted which started this whole argument basically implied that he has got his half-yard back and is going past players like they aren't even there. This means he's in the best shape of his life, both physically and psychologically, and that means those factors that have been holding him back are now presumably gone. Let's just see if he can finally realise his potential this season.

If not, so be it.
Swiz123 don't agree with foolish tumors because I'm not interested, someone who has time will respond to you.

Now don't act blind like you didn't see this.

By the way I don't like every Chelsea player but I'm disgusted by people who jump into conclusions with faulty reasoning.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2021
rooftops:
I don't know the odoi you guys watch but the one I watch, his dribbling is average, he rarely take on players. The only above average quality he has is his crossing but are we in 1990?
I doubt if anyone said Odoi is a great player, I believe the point is that don't conclude on a player you watch that's struggling with fully recovering from injury.

It's like watching a man limp and conclude he was born lame. You will read wicked nonsense like, it takes talent to recover from injury. I pray this people never get accidents or injuries in their lives. Let me just stay out of their stupidity.

When people hype Saka do they point out that the major thing he does is run past players and put in a decent cross or pass into the box.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 8:12am On Jul 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Oh... Never knew xavi had an ACL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2021
Tuchel singing havertz praises cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2021
Jodera:
Then just chill and see how this season is for him

This season will be a big season to prove himself and he knows that(I believe)

This is my point in summary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 8:34am On Jul 25, 2021
Havertz10:
Tuchel singing havertz praises cheesy

Tuchel is the gold standard now and he is speaking absolute truth but when the same tuchel praise Mount you will be ranting its English media influence.

And also anytime sky sport rate mount high or slander Havertz it will be the gospel of truth that day.
No nonsense will be tolerated.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2021
OVA200:
Tuchel is the gold standard now and he is speaking absolute truth but when the same tuchel praise Mount you will be ranting its English media influence.

And also anytime sky sport rate mount high or slander Havertz it will be the gospel of truth that day.
No nonsense will be tolerated.
he didn't mention mount when he talked about Chelsea players at the euros

Besides everytime mount is hyped, it's over insignificant things

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2021
BlueAngel444:
not interested

If your only interest is insulting people, then stop mentioning me.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2021
swiz123:

If your only interest is insulting people, then stop mentioning me.
You feeling insulted and me insulting people are two different things. Last I check, you are not people, so what is your point

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2021
Havertz10:
he didn't mention mount when he talked about Chelsea players at the euros

Besides everytime mount is hyped, it's over insignificant things
Did he mention Havertz till he was question about him too.
If not for the question he won't have talked about him because he clearly said he begin to follow the euro closely at the quarter final stage.

But everything time havertz is hype is because of significant things.
Be fooling yourself, you that was hyping havertz for loose touch.

Whenever Tuchel or Skysport rate mount high please I don't want to hear any British gibberish from you.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2021
OVA200:
Did he mention Havertz till he was question about him too.
If not for the question he won't have talked about him because he clearly said he begin to follow the euro closely at the quarter final stage.

But everything time havertz is hype is because of significant things.
Be fooling yourself, you that was hyping havertz for loose touch.

Whenever Tuchel or Skysport rate mount high please I don't want to hear any British gibberish from you.
he is german, He watched his national team play, he even stated that havertz was a threat constantly for his other teammates to score

Havertz is acclaimed for his talents and potential

Mount is acclaimed for his effort and passion

One type of hype is productive and accomplishes something, the other hype is aimless, mount will do something insignificant like trap a ball and it will be called exceptional because people are clutching at straws to promote that dunce, havertz will do something similar in his sleep and nobody will talk about it cause we know that he is good

Jack downer met havertz, if you don't know who Jack downer is Google him and labeled havertz skill set as 5 stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4db7nSG_aXE

Havertz is worth the hype, mount isn't, he can't make a difference for his club team or national team, nobody doubts havertz's talents but half of Chelsea fans doubt mount

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2021
Havertz10:
he is german, He watched his national team play, he even stated that havertz was a threat constantly for his other teammates to score

Havertz is acclaimed for his talents and potential

Mount is acclaimed for his effort and passion

One type of hype is productive and accomplishes something, the other hype is aimless, mount will do something insignificant like trap a ball and it will be called exceptional because people are clutching at straws to promote that dunce, havertz will do something similar in his sleep and nobody will talk about it cause we know that he is good

Jack downer met havertz, if you don't know who Jack downer is Google him and labeled havertz skill set as 5 stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4db7nSG_aXE

Havertz is worth the hype, mount isn't, he can't make a difference for his club team or national team, nobody doubts havertz's talents but half of Chelsea fans doubt mount
Tuchel is German and he is praising a German player and you are cool with it but if it English coach or legend praising mount you will be shouting British agenda.

Mount is also talented and have potential.

Havertz will trap the ball and you will be the first person jumping for joy and mount will do the same thing you will say it's the breeze that help him control it.

The problem you have is that you are too obsessed with Havertz and that makes you praise significant and insignificant efforts from him.
Like the video you posted; Who is jack downer is the scheme of football.
Legends, coaches, pundits will talk you will rubbish them because they praise Mount but you adore Jack downer judgement because it goes same line with yours. That same thing you accused mount fans of doing.
FYI I've watched that video immediately it was dropped online and i don't see any reason to shout about it because it was pre-recorded video so not live video and alot of average or even poor player have same skill set.

I'm a Kai Havertz fan and I've followed everything about him right from beginning step by step (not you that have to eventually read up about him). You can dig up my comment here about him when we wanted to sign him.

I always wish havertz the best and i like him more than mount but we need to be fair in our judgement especially with last season performance from both because when we are talking about significant impact from a player last season mount takes Havertz to the cleaner:
From his goal against Liverpool to his goal against porto to his sublime pass to odoi against Rennes to his perfectly weighted pass to Havertz in the UCL final those are enough to cut him some slack.

If he can't improve on last season performance this season then he will hear it from me same with Havertz but throwing away logic and calling either of them talentless and useless is nonsensical.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:53am On Jul 25, 2021
“This year is my first real full pre-season at Chelsea and it’s just given me a good chance to get my full fitness. Hitting the ground running at the start of the season is the goal." - Christian Pulisic
– Simon Phillips
Thomas Tuchel and Chelsea will make a decision on Conor Gallagher next week, with Leeds United and Crystal Palace in a queue of teams wanting to take him on loan...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 9:54am On Jul 25, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (12099) (12100) (12101) (12102) (12103) (12104) (12105) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m), viciati(m), Joseph901, Yustash001(m), UncleHaba22 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.