Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10782597 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2012
#Torreswatch update

3 good games in 15
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
Anyways, I can safely assume that most Chelsea folks won't be too bothered by the absence of Fernando (maybe it may even give the guy some good time off) , CA can also deputise for Ivanovic so all in all, its not all that bad.

And I think we showed character today even with 9 men we still tried to attack. RdM is doing is job so far to an extent.

on to the next one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hehehe. First PL loss, the moaning is already in overdrive. We cannot afford to carry a player with 2 goals, 9 assists, 83.9% pass completion rate, 2.2 key passes per game, 1.3 dribbles and arguably the most fouled player in the PL. First PL season, only 21.

I am not saying he should not defend but we cannot afford to "carry" Hazard? . . . *facepalm*
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2012
looking foward to knocking man utd out on wednesday...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
Well done Clattenburg! Well done!

Before the game it was 5 Games for the Dimwit, 24 Yellows and 2 Reds Cards bagged In already!

- Evans admitting he had a Contact with El Nino but the spaniard still had a chance to move On than fallin' easily. . .Yet i hear a Sentimental Snooky sayin' on here that Torres did dive! undecided

Irrespective of the Scoreline, i think we've still got loads of Positives to draw Outta the game; 'Our Never Say Die Spirit', Keeping possesion Mentality against the Big Guns and the significant Managerial acumen Robbie has Got!
Maybe we're gon get a chance to vent our Vengeance soon. . .in the Capital Cup.

Next. . .cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
No moaning here. The boys played well. A player who causes a goal against every three games should be taught a lesson. All these one about what he's contributed in easy games na yarns only because Chelsea don't have another tiki taka guy on the bench. If na Belgium him day now, rdm woulda taught him a lesson by dropping him after such a woeful defensive performance. Afterall how many times does Mourinho pull out the whip on Ozil despite his stats? Some of us don't brook such nonsense. The first goal today, he was in left -back position, he played the ball to Mata who was robbed, then he inexplicably started running upfront like he didn't just see that Mata had been robbed and he was the only man in left -back position to stop united. Second goal he was 20 yards behind Rafael directly causing the goal as Ashley had to leave Valencia to challenge Rafael. So despite all yarns, he cost us the game today. Who is he not to be taught a lesson? Is Belgium coach mad? Maybe he should start putting in more efforts like the players who are "built like towers" grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
Do I need to update the goalscorers stats to see how Torres is faring among EPL strikers?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ibime, There's Jxt One remarkable decrepitude trait u'l sure spot in most Classy skillful Players and thats 'Defending Flaws' - Iniesta, Neymar, Ozil, Messi, Gotze, i Could go On to Mention NameS - So Hazard aint an exception.

RDM knew for real that the Idea of Luring In 'Entertainers' into our new Setup would sure have its own detriment that could haunt us, so measures to address such situation should have been his Priority {maybe he've trusted the Pivot so much to forget that the lads sometimes can be a Total 'Issue'}

I Dunno measures to Voice out now cos am really brain-logged, maybe switch to a Men behind ball system when not with the ball [Dortmund does that], Maybe bring in a Rugged DM to aid in the Pivot etc. . .Jxt dunno which measure RDM should have taken Up.

But Xpecting Eden and Co to help Out 'Consistently' in the defending is sure Goin' to be a herculaen Wish if u ask Me Ibime. Well, that doesn't mean he wont still track back, Mark Out opponents and avoid playing handovers in danger zones. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
We would have skinned them but Mark Clattenberg just had to earn his payoff.
Can any decent United fan even enjoy such a win?

So proud of the lads, everybody apart from the dud gave 100%.
As for the other Spaniard, good riddance, i wish he got a straight red.

As far as i'm concerned we have been playing with 10 men throughout the season.
What a waste of space. Even Lukaku is putting up a decent performance on loan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
BlueDiva: We would have skinned them but Mark Clattenberg just had to earn his payoff.
Can any decent United fan even enjoy such a win?

how many chelsea players were on the pitch in the first half when united got 2 goals?

So proud of the lads, everybody apart from the dud gave 100%.
As for the other Spaniard, good riddance, i wish he gets a straight red.

who is the other spaniard? ibime?

As far as i'm concerned we have been playing with 10 men throughout the season.
What a waste of space. Even Lukaku is putting up a decent performance on loan.

nothing like that - di matteo was very silly
united have no fit defenders but they are loaded in the attack department - common sense should have told di matteo united were coming to go "gung ho" - in the previous duels, united play a lone striker @ the bridge....

di matteo must have seen united's line up one hour before the match to see fergie's intentions but he did nothing! he should have taken the steam out of united's graggs - giving those 2 goals away so early cost chelsea big time. you don't give united a 2 goal lead and not get punished at this level!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
El Guapo: Ibime, There's Jxt One remarkable decrepitude trait u'l sure spot in most Classy skillful Players and thats 'Defending Flaws' - Iniesta, Neymar, Ozil, Messi, Gotze, i Could go On to Mention NameS - So Hazard aint an exception. cool

Sorry iniesta, gotze and messi do not belong with lazy sods like Ozil and neymar.

That's what separates great players from others and why likes of Ozil will get dropped in tough games and neymar should be dropped in some games also.

You have boys like cazorla, kagawa and such who also hustle.

I could go on and on.

Mata cannot tackle to save his life but I can't remember the last time a full back got the run on him to cause a goal.

Everygame these days we always see hazard ten yards behind a right back before seeing Chelsea concede a goal.

I remember that Joe Cole literally won Chelsea the 05/06 championship yet JM continued putting pressure in him.

Hazard needs to come under the same.

A player causing 4 goals directly in just 14 matches is unacceptable statistics. I am sure there are more than 4 sef. These are just the ones I remember directly.

If you don't teach this boy now he will never learn. How come we haven't seen such goals coming down Matas wing this season? Mata had to learn all of this last year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
El Guapo: Ibime, There's Jxt One remarkable decrepitude trait u'l sure spot in most Classy skillful Players and thats 'Defending Flaws' - Iniesta, Neymar, Ozil, Messi, Gotze, i Could go On to Mention NameS - So Hazard aint an exception. cool

Sorry iniesta, gotze and messi do not belong with lazy sods like Ozil and neymar.

That's what separates great players from others and why likes of Ozil will get dropped in tough games and neymar should be dropped in some games also.

You have boys like cazorla, kagawa and such who also hustle.

I could go on and on.

Mata cannot tackle to save his life but I can't remember the last time a full back got the run on him to cause a goal.

Everygame these days we always see hazard ten yards behind a right back before seeing Chelsea concede a goal.

I remember that Joe Cole literally won Chelsea the 05/06 championship yet JM continued putting pressure in him.

Hazard needs to come under the same.

A player causing 4 goals directly in just 14 matches is unacceptable statistics. I am sure there are more than 4 sef. These are just the ones I remember directly.

If you don't teach this boy now he will never learn. How come we haven't seen such goals coming down Matas wing this season? Mata had to learn all of this last year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tgirl4real(f): 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
chamotex: I have to give it to Chelsea with the way they played with 9 men.
If it was the other way round, we would have been battered.
Well done Chelsea!

I heard we were robbed. *sobs*
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chamotex(m): 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Tgirl4real:

I heard we were robbed. *sobs*

No ma
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
Lool I predict Torres would have a good game and he goes on to have a red card. Lol biggest scam ever!

U guys should beg Abrahamovich to sell one of his yachts and just buy Falcao! What a beauty he just scored for Athletico!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
coogar:

how many chelsea players were on the pitch in the first half when united got 2 goals?

That's mot the point. You had two early goals and that was it.
United played poorly and needed poor officiating to rescue them.

who is the other spaniard? ibime?
The dud

nothing like that - di matteo was very silly
united have no fit defenders but they are loaded in the attack department - common sense should have told di matteo united were coming to go "gung ho" - in the previous duels, united play a lone striker @ the bridge....

di matteo must have seen united's line up one hour before the match to see fergie's intentions but he did nothing! he should have taken the steam out of united's graggs - giving those 2 goals away so early cost chelsea big time. you don't give united a 2 goal lead and not get punished at this level!

It's not about playing gong ho, you guys were pissy poor, outclassed and outplayed most of the game.
Only Van P and Young had a decent game. De Gea was fantastic also.

Take away poor officiating and it would have been a different matter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ibime: No moaning here. The boys played well. A player who causes a goal against every three games should be taught a lesson. All these one about what he's contributed in easy games na yarns only because Chelsea don't have another tiki taka guy on the bench. If na Belgium him day now, rdm woulda taught him a lesson by dropping him after such a woeful defensive performance. Afterall how many times does Mourinho pull out the whip on Ozil despite his stats? Some of us don't brook such nonsense. The first goal today, he was in left -back position, he played the ball to Mata who was robbed, then he inexplicably started running upfront like he didn't just see that Mata had been robbed and he was the only man in left -back position to stop united. Second goal he was 20 yards behind Rafael directly causing the goal as Ashley had to leave Valencia to challenge Rafael. So despite all yarns, he cost us the game today. Who is he not to be taught a lesson? Is Belgium coach mad? Maybe he should start putting in more efforts like the players who are "built like towers" grin

In short, Eden Hazard cost us the game. Okay, that's a new one.
Should I already include him on the list of players you moan about?

What JM does should not come into this for the very reason that we are not employing JM tactics. Maybe it's a tactic by RDM to relieve Hazard of too much defensive work to effectively launch a counter when the need arises, we don't know. All these yarns about not "carrying" Hazard is ridiculous bro. Go have a cold drink and relax.

Like I pointed out previously, I am not for any player who cannot put in a shift but to think that Eden Hazard cost us the game? I know when I am not feeling too well and I need to lie down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
BlueDiva:
That's mot the point. You had two early goals and that was it.
United played poorly and needed poor officiating to rescue them.

scoring 2 in the first 15 mins against chelsea is not a small feat - not even barcelona could achieve that - that was the plan anyways just like we did newcastle some weeks back! hit chelsea with the double blows, soak up the pressure till half time but the idiotic rooney ruined our plans!

The dud

he had nothing to feed on!

It's not about playing gong ho, you guys were pissy poor, outclassed and outplayed most of the game. Only Van P and Young had a decent game. De Gea was fantastic also.

pissy poor teams don't score 2 goals against the mighty chelsea!

Take away poor officiating and it would have been a different matter.

which poor officiating?
ivanovic denying a goal scoring opportunity or torres diving to cop a 2nd yellow? hernandez's goal was from an offside position but united would have certainly scored a 3rd goal if the referee had disallowed hernandez's goal. we stopped attacking after the 3rd goal!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2012
Too bad ref had to spoil it. . . Cant complain. . . we have got the luck of the refs in this fixture in previous games. But this was too much man. Oh well.. . . . Just had to be United. . .

We better kick em out of the cup next week. . . Bar any United supporting ref officiating!. . . grin

ATleast Torres is banned for that game. . grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
coogar:

which poor officiating?
ivanovic denying a goal scoring opportunity or torres diving to cop a 2nd yellow? hernandez's goal was from an offside position but united would have certainly scored a 3rd goal if the referee had disallowed hernandez's goal. we stopped attacking after the 3rd goal!

You are better than this.
How can you even claim there was no contact? It was Torres that was fouled and you know it.

Now playing with 10 men is not the same as playing with 9 men.
If we had 10 men, Hernandez wouldn't have scored in the first place. tongue

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
BlueDiva:

You are better than this.
How can you even claim there was no contact? It was Torres that was fouled and you know it.

Now playing with 10 men is not the same as playing with 9 men.
If we had 10 men, Hernandez wouldn't have scored in the first place. tongue

but you conceded 2 goals with 11 men, no?
you need "ogun-eje"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HighChief4(m): 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
nateevs:

What JM does should not come into this for the very reason that we are not employing JM tactics. Maybe it's a tactic by RDM to relieve Hazard of too much defensive work to effectively launch a counter when the need arises, we don't know. All these yarns about not "carrying" Hazard is ridiculous bro. Go have a cold drink and relax.

Like I pointed out previously, I am not for any player who cannot put in a shift but to think that Eden Hazard cost us the game? I know when I am not feeling too well and I need to lie down.

Thank you sir, honeestly, I thought that Ibime had a good understanding of the beautiful sports, but the dude just goofed. Hazard has one of the best statistics so far and faulting an AM for lack of defensive flairs is just funny.

@Coogar, how could you say Torres dove when there was a contact, in that case Young did same too, he had lost balance and there is no way he could have scored. The thing is that Ref killed what would have been one of the best premier league matches in recent times. Man U's win is laughable. Though they won the match, Chelsea won the hearts of football fans around the world. Justice will be served on Wednesday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
So how did the dud perform today

And how is his goal returns compared to other EPL strikers?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
High_Chief:
@Coogar, how could you say Torres dove when there was a contact, in that case Young did same too, he had lost balance and there is no way he could have scored.

contact meant shyte---when ashley young was crucified last season for diving, there was contact. torres made the contact and hurled himself to the floor to con the ref. watch it again and see rio's reaction as nando dived.....it was a smart dive intended to con the ref!
ashley young runs like he's got a hump on his back - he never runs straight! if young had lost balance and he was about to fall, ivanovic should have stopped running then and allow young to fall! grin cheesy

The thing is that Ref killed what would have been one of the best premier league matches in recent times. Man U's win is laughable. Though they won the match, Chelsea won the hearts of football fans around the world. Justice will be served on Wednesday.

the only bad decision was hernandez's goal - chelsea won a league title from drogba's offside position goal some seasons ago - this stuff evens out so stop crying! we shall meet again on wednesday to teach you more lessons!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2012
nateevs:

Guy face front abeg. I don't know who brought you into this conversation.

Was it RDM tactics for Hazard to inexplicably start running forward with no sense of danger at all when Mata lost possession on the first goal. So was he running to start another counterattack despite the fact he was the deepest defender on the left hand side?

If it was not his duty to chase Rafael why did he chase him all the way albeit 2 seconds too late?

Was it RDM tactics that got him dropped by Belgium manager for the very same thing?

I would never accept laissez faire behaviour from Chelsea player unless he is Maradona.

I don't need to dislike a player to point out the obvious. That's why FBS said "Hazard -2" during the match cos he knows who was responsible.

Now get your uninvited self off ma posts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
Shameless victory by Manure yet,some agbayas still dey try tell us say ref no goof cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
coogar:

but you conceded 2 goals with 11 men, no?
you need "ogun-eje"

WTF does that mean?
2 early goals before we had time to settle.

After then what happened? We played you like we were playing high school kids.
Check out the gif i posted and repeat that Torres dived. I'm hoping you have some honour.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
Nando played well, fizzed in a few dangerous crosses and pulled out an outstanding save out of De Gea.

If not for Clattentwat's antics Nando was destined to score the winner.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
BlueDiva:
WTF does that mean?
2 early goals before we had time to settle.

had time to settle on your own turf? grin cheesy
i see - its not like chelsea knew they were playing united today.....they only got the memo this morning so they were still trying to settle after kick off! cheesy grin

After then what happened? We played you like we were playing high school kids.
Check out the gif i posted and repeat that Torres dived. I'm hoping you have some honour.

we were 2 goals up away from home - of course, we expected pressure from the home side especially with the way your zombie fans were clamouring for a freekick every time a chelsea player hit the deck......chelsea got 2 goals which was also expected and then united switched to the 3rd gear - van persie split chelsea defence with a killer pass - ashley young bearing on chelsea's goal....and he was brought down....whose fault was that?

the gif you put up has confirmed my statement that torres dived. he nutmegged evans and made the contact with evans foot before hurling himself down. when a striker nutmegs a defender, he runs to avoid any contact from the defender.....torres knew what he was doing!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
coogar:

the gif you put up has confirmed my statement that torres dived. he nutmegged evans and made the contact with evans foot before hurling himself down. when a striker nutmegs a defender, he runs to avoid any contact from the defender.....torres knew what he was doing!

LOOOOOOOOOOL. . . All i can say lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
coogar:

Sharapp there cheesy

Even Ikpeba confirmed it

Victor Ikpeba: "I think it was his fastness was too mush!"

grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
coogar:

What? When Evans went directly for his shin? shocked
Torres is a muppet no doubt but he was clearly fouled, i give that to him.

Enjoy your dubious win, it will surely find you guys out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueAngel444 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.