Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,598 members, 7,895,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 09:15 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10918659 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13449) (13450) (13451) (13452) (13453) (13454) (13455) ... (19680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 3:17am On Feb 26, 2022
PDPGuy:

Man, I was also happy that the market got back into the green! I initially feared we were on the brink of a 2nd Great Depression two days ago.

Hahaha! It is a great relief, especially as we head into the weekend. Hopefully, it stays that way next week because the panic no be here!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 6:19am On Feb 26, 2022
Android22:
There are rationalists and free thinkers homeless in California and New York. Denigrating religion is not the hallmark of an intellectual or a rational being. Your arguments come off as half baked and reductive when you toe that line. But some people need to put others down to feel good about themselves. undecided
Being a rationalist or a freethinker doesn't automatically make one a millionaire; but it gives one a better chance of solving myriads of problems life throws at one.

But don't worry; just keep on praying daily to Jesus or Allah for a better Nigeria while the leaders steal Nigeria's resources with reckless abandon.

I'm sure all the great countries Nigerians run to now and then were developed with fervent prayers and religious devotion.

The witches and wizards and demons are the thieving politicians and their cronies, not imaginary entities that only exist in the head of believers, not in reality.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2022
popizaino:

Pls nobody made you dependent on being raw material suppliers except your leaders and who also happen to be the true reflection of the people they rule over. Don't get me started on how useless this continent is, we have been shouting AFCFTA since God knows when but ask yourself if there is infrastructure on ground to support this cause, or if every country has his land border open? Nigeria who claims to have the biggest economy has refused to open up her land borders and so is most of her neigbhouring countries and you wonder why trade between African countries is low. My product which I planned to bring from Ghana to Nigeria is now being taken to Netherlands despite renting a warehouse here in Nigeria because this idiot Government refused to open her land border and you want to start conspiracy theories about the west as if they are the ones we voted into powers.Abeg stop am
I don't think you understand what we are talking about here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2022
Havertz10:
I don't think you understand what we are talking about here

I am particular about your point on why trade between African countries are low, which has nothing to do with the west but your government,that's all.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Did I just read we lack intellectuals? Ol'boy this one Na dust yarn abeg. You probably need to expand Ur network, meet people and will be amazed at the number of Bright minds this country has ( some of which have even been poached by more responsible societies who know their value)

Just take time to go through Professor Ndubuisi Ekekwe's profile attached below, take a look at one of his proposals for tackling the fuel subsidy scam that's been going on for years in this country.

The man is just of the numerous think-tank u claim we don't have available.
you say this now, a few submissions later you concede that there is a lot of brain drain out of Nigeria

We are talking about fundamentals of our world

let's look at average wages between America and Nigeria, it is ok for someone to work 63hrs in a week and gets 50,000 ~ 150000 in Nigeria and that's a generous estimate

Meanwhile someone works for less than 41hrs in a week in America gets 3m a month

In what reality are those dynamics fair for the Nigerian? You are working more and getting less for your efforts, you people need to open your eyes

Purchasing power of Americans is aggregately structured to make them consumers and the entire world their factories, meanwhile fools are storing their equity in dollars cheesy

People are leaving good productive jobs in Nigeria to go and slave themselves abroad, and compared to the average American, they have the added benefit of taking advantage of crazy exchange rates to futher enslave their own people

Concerning intellectuals, listen to conversations at airports, in social gatherings or seminars, these are upper middle class people with good education and substantive wealth that will make most of them the next migrants into elite class and they are essentially shallow, i'm baffled with the kind of perspective most have, whites have created this false impression that being an efficient cog in the system is intelligence, that's why you hail workers that simply follow guidelines and underrate researchers that do the heavy lifting, my entire degree was essentially 5% of the state of that field today, it's concerning, worst we don't have thinkers, there are solutions for almost all our problems but the will to apply them is low and because of the limited intellectual depth, it's impossible for any form of optimization to grow or be formed

you are showing me a business concept that anybody can think up cheesy

it's easy to monitor fuel movements but that is pointless it's better to gauge the actual consumption for most areas and build systems or redundancies to make fuel available without disruptions because fundamentally trucks are inefficient, pipelines are the most efficient way to distribute fuel, also tanker drivers make money under the current system and accountability will lead to wage hikes and less interest in the business by the very drivers that it needs, Americans are currently looking for truck drivers, some states are training teens to do the job

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2022
popizaino:

I am particular about your point on why trade between African countries are low, which has nothing to do with the west but your government,that's all.
oh but they do, if all we manufacture are raw materials, it limits the productive capacity of that society, and under the current system, we compete against ourselves in unhealthy ways to manufacture these raw materials at VERY CHEAP RATES for INTERNATIONAL CONSUMPTION, while we import finished products at INTERNATIONAL RATES, you give a man flour for 5kobo and he sells bread to you at 4naira

I don't want to type plenty but look at Ghana vs Nigeria , look at America vs Canada, one is healthy and productive, the other is divisive and archaic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2022
Havertz10:
you say this now, a few submissions later you concede that there is a lot of brain drain out of Nigeria

let's look at average wages between America and Nigeria, it is ok for someone to work 63hrs in a week and gets 50,000 ~ 150000 in Nigeria and that's a generous estimate

Meanwhile someone works for less than 41hrs in a week in America gets 3m a month

In what reality are those dynamics fair for the Nigerian? You are working more and getting less for your efforts, you people need to open your eyes

Purchasing power of Americans is aggregately structured to make them consumers and the entire world their factories, meanwhile fools are storing their equity in dollars cheesy

People are leaving good productive jobs in Nigeria to go and slave themselves abroad, and compared to the average American, they have the added benefit of taking advantage of crazy exchange rates to futher enslave their own people

Concerning intellectuals, listen to conversations at airports, in social gatherings or seminars, these are upper middle class people with good education and substantive wealth that will make most of them the next migrants into elite class and they are essentially shallow, i'm baffled with the kind of perspective most have, whites have created this false impression that being an efficient cog in the system is intelligence, that's why you hail workers that simply follow guidelines and underrate researchers that do the heavy lifting, my entire degree was essentially 5% of the state of that field today, it's concerning, worst we don't have thinkers, there are solutions for almost all our problems but the will to apply them is low and because of the limited intellectual depth, it's impossible for any form of optimization to grow or be formed

it's easy to monitor fuel movements but that is pointless it's better to gauge the actual consumption for most areas and build systems or redundancies to make fuel available without disruptions because fundamentally trucks are inefficient, pipelines are the most efficient way to distribute fuel, also tanker drivers make money under the current system and accountability will lead to wage hikes and less interest in the business by the very drivers that it needs, Americans are currently looking for truck drivers, some states are training teens to do the job
hmmm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2022
Ibime:

British press used to love writing on Berezovsky. Just Wikipedia him, it's all there. Beresovsky messed himself up cos he paid for Putin's election and brought him to power, but he started acting like Godfather telling Putin what to do and criticising him for being authoritarian. Roman outsmarted him in the relationship with Putin. When Putin wanted control of the TV channels so he could control the news, Roman bought the channels from Beresovsky and gave them to Putin. Beresovsky then sold all his Russian companies to Roman at knockdown price and ran to London. No oligarch is closer to Putin than Roman. I even think Roman is much much richer than what we see on Forbes. So much money in Russia is hidden. I don't see how someone with reported net worth of £10bln will blow £1bln of it on football. That guy got more than that.

Why should my affection for Chelsea be affected? Strong men own clubs everywhere.

Na waoo! I really didn't know the extent of his criminality.
There is difference between billionaires who have gamed the financial or political system to acquire their wealth eg, Walmart, Koch, Soros, buffet etc and straight up criminals who directly have blood on their hands and have made money by killing people, the likes of Escobar.

If Abrahmovic is indeed a cold blooded killer, I cannot in good faith continue to be happy and appreciate his works. The man belongs in jail. Funny how we never deeply thought about all these things before. Now we can all see the results of his political shenanigans. He is responsible for propping up a regime that is now killing thousands of innocent beings in the name of expansion.
I wish better placed investors can come and buy the club.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2022
Havertz10:

I didn't show u " a business proposal anybody can come up with ", what I showed u is a profile of an intellectual u claim we lack in this country and also a problem-solving proposal he's thrown at the federal government of Nigeria that will obviously prefer to look the other way and continue the massive corruption going on in the petroleum industry.

For Ur information, the man is a professor in Babcock same as Carnegie Mellon University. He shuttles between Nigeria and USA so Ur talk about brain drain doesn't hold water.

The only reason why there's brain drain is cos we Africans will rather continue in our old crooked and corrupt manners instead of listening to these young brilliant minds ; it's only natural for them to seek saner climes where they will be appreciated for what they bring to the table.

I delibrately posted the man's profile to show u he's a brilliant mind (one of the best u will come across) because I know u will try to malign him as just a regular everyday guy who is just fortunate to find himself living in the US. The man has patented innovations registered go his name in the US.

I don't understand what u mean by "whites have created an impression that being an efficient cog in the system is intellectualism"....maybe u need to first tell us which yeye system is working in Africa first before u start claiming the intellectuals u've listened to only find joy being a cog in the system.

I've listened to sound and brilliant minds both home and abroad dissect the problem of Africa and most of them without prejudice have always posited Africans to be majorly Africa's problem....unlike u blaming the West for almost everything.

For Ur information Nigeria a supposed giant of Africa during babangida Era made serious money from oil windfall. Do u know that between 1985 and 1993 babangida stole a whopping 12billion dollars? Abacha set up okigbo panel which indicted babangida to have moved these funds through different accounts traced to him.

Till date the okigbo report is still missing after it was submitted to Nigerian government, even Obasanjo when he came on board asked if anybody has a hold on the report they should get it a cross to him, but nothing came up.

That same babangida is the man every Tom, di.ck and Harry travels down to minna to ask for endorsement the moment they want to declare for presidency in this country. Person wey supposed dey jail. Now tell me, is the west responsible for us worshipping such person of unscrupulous character?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:31am On Feb 26, 2022
Ibime, people were right when they said this criminal was using our club for image and money Laundering. Have you read this report on the criminal by Forbes? It gives a pointer as why the criminal has never given a public interview before. A look into his criminal enterprise and takeover of the steel and real estate business in Russia. He essentially used Chelsea for sportswashing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:
Ibime, people were right when they said this criminal was using our club for image and money Laundering. Have you read this report on the criminal by Forbes? It gives a pointer as why the criminal has never given a public interview before. A look into his criminal enterprise and takeover of the steel and real estate business in Russia. He essentially used Chelsea for sportswashing.

Comrade, Now now Abramovic Don turn criminal? grin

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:55am On Feb 26, 2022
Amoto94:

When has it become a crime to be associated with your leader and why should the West dictate to other countries how they should run their affairs? The atrocities committed by the West in the name of exporting democracy are worse than what Putin and his allies have done in recent history.
The West should climb down their high horse and toe the path of decency instead of this show of shame they are embarking upon .

I had to come back to this. What do you mean by "the west should toe the path of decency"?? What the fukk does that mean? Is it the west that is currently invading another country and killing thousands of people??

This same west introduced the best system of government to the world. One where the citizens choose their leaders and no one has all the powers. A system of checks and balances. One where you have a specified term limit and once you're out of power you fade into irrelevance. Today, bill Clinton, tony Blair, George bush, Obama, Nicholas sarkoszy, and other old western leaders have all faded into relative obscurity unlike autocratic regimes like Putin, xi jinping, Kim jong un, ayotellah Khomeini that have clung onto power and been repressive for more than 20 years.

We need to shed this excessive victim blaming exercise we love to do and look inwards.

Tell me how it's America that made Nigerian governors to siphon 60% of government budget unchecked yearly. How state assemblies basically vacation on the job and earn millions while not even understanding their jobs.
Or our judiciaries being one of the most corrupt in the world with nepotistic appointments on the highest court. 1 supreme court justice is the wife of a former corrupt governor. The other is the brother of a former military governor. How is the west responsible for this??

You are a brilliant guy but somehow you let your religious bias continue to shine. It's not right.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:

where's this hate coming from bros grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:00am On Feb 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:

HE IS!! HE ALWAYS WAS!! We just chose to be wilfully negligent.

I now see myself as someone in an abusive relationship. You know, like a girl who dates a hardened criminal or the child of a drug cartel leader. I mean you're being showered with the best life has to offer, but you know there is blood where that came from, you are loved by a criminal and you choose to be blind to the hurt and misery this criminal is causing and inflicting upon the world.

An armed robber goes to the road, kills his victims, robs them, uses part of the proceeds to buy a car and an expensive phone for you. How do you reconcile your enjoyment with the trauma of his victims?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:

Hahahaha,so you just dey know....when we were saying sugar daddy with dirty money,Una think say na frameup or hatred ? Loool

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:13am On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:

HE IS!! HE ALWAYS WAS!! We just chose to be wilfully negligent.

I now see myself as someone in an abusive relationship. You know, like a girl who dates a hardened criminal or the child of a drug cartel leader. I mean you're being showered with the best life has to offer, but you know there is blood where that came from, you are loved by a criminal and you choose to be blind to the hurt and misery this criminal is causing and inflicting upon the world.

An armed robber goes to the road, kills his victims, robs them, uses part of the proceeds to buy a car and an expensive phone for you. How do you reconcile your enjoyment with the trauma of his victims?

I get u, but u should've known that only few people get that rich without having their hands dirty along the way. Most of these guys have one hidden skeleton in their cupboards, u mostly won't get to know until searchlight is beamed at them.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 50d33q: 11:22am On Feb 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:

As if e no know before grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:22am On Feb 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I get u, but u should've known that only few people get that rich without having their hands dirty along the way. Most of these guys have one hidden skeleton in their cupboards, u mostly won't get to know until searchlight is beamed at them.

As I said earlier, one can rationalize and perhaps respect individuals who game the financial system to make money, using insider trading or political merit etc. Billionaires like Elon musk, bill gates, Jeff bezoz, warren Buffett, George Soros etc have all made billions by innovation, investments and gaming the system. No one can begrudge that because it's a norm. It's the only "clean" way we know, but criminals who make money from the blood of other Human beings don't deserve to be celebrated at all.

Just imagine that all Chelsea fans globally have been enamored with Roman Abrahmovic for decades, have loved the man to death for giving us what we love and virtually blinded us to the fact that he is a cold blooded killer and criminal mastermind, someone responsible for high level assassinations.. We never concerned ourselves with hearing from him. We just accepted it as a way of life and decided to be willfully negligent.
I'm ashamed of myself.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timay1: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:

As I said earlier, one can rationalize and perhaps respect individuals who game the financial system to make money, using insider trading or political merit etc. Billionaires like Elon musk, bill gates, Jeff bezoz, warren Buffett, George Soros etc have all made billions by innovation, investments and gaming the system. No one can begrudge that because it's a norm. It's the only "clean" way we know, but criminals who make money from the blood of other Human beings don't deserve to be celebrated at all.

Just imagine that all Chelsea fans globally have been enamored with Roman Abrahmovic for decades, have loved the man to death for giving us what we love and virtually blinded us to the fact that he is a cold blooded killer and criminal mastermind, someone responsible for high level assassinations.. We never concerned ourselves with hearing from him. We just accepted it as a way of life and decided to be willfully negligent.
I'm ashamed of myself.

Sinner judging another sinner for sinning differently.

The billionaires in the West who made money from gaming the system and doing insider tradings and a lot of wall street shady shits are no different from Russian billionaires who deal directly with murder and blood to get their own money.

Both set of billionaires destroy lives of ordinary citizens that they exploit to make money.

The difference is that western billionaires kill their victims gradually and they die a slow and miserable death due to debt the ordinary people (Victims) incure from their loss in the stock markets, while the Russian billionaires do their own killing very fast and direct.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:53am On Feb 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I didn't show u " a business proposal anybody can come up with ", what I showed u is a profile of an intellectual u claim we lack in this country and also a problem-solving proposal he's thrown at the federal government of Nigeria that will obviously prefer to look the other way and continue the massive corruption going on in the petroleum industry.

For Ur information, the man is a professor in Babcock same as Carnegie Mellon University. He shuttles between Nigeria and USA so Ur talk about brain drain doesn't hold water.

The only reason why there's brain drain is cos we Africans will rather continue in our old crooked and corrupt manners instead of listening to these young brilliant minds ; it's only natural for them to seek saner climes where they will be appreciated for what they bring to the table.

I delibrately posted the man's profile to show u he's a brilliant mind (one of the best u will come across) because I know u will try to malign him as just a regular everyday guy who is just fortunate to find himself living in the US. The man has patented innovations registered go his name in the US.

I don't understand what u mean by "whites have created an impression that being an efficient cog in the system is intellectualism"....maybe u need to first tell us which yeye system is working in Africa first before u start claiming the intellectuals u've listened to only find joy being a cog in the system.

I've listened to sound and brilliant minds both home and abroad dissect the problem of Africa and most of them without prejudice have always posited Africans to be majorly Africa's problem....unlike u blaming the West for almost everything.

For Ur information Nigeria a supposed giant of Africa during babangida Era made serious money from oil windfall. Do u know that between 1985 and 1993 babangida stole a whopping 12billion dollars? Abacha set up okigbo panel which indicted babangida to have moved these funds through different accounts traced to him.

Till date the okigbo report is still missing after it was submitted to Nigerian government, even Obasanjo when he came on board asked if anybody has a hold on the report they should get it a cross to him, but nothing came up.

That same babangida is the man every Tom, di.ck and Harry travels down to minna to ask for endorsement the moment they want to declare for presidency in this country. Person wey supposed dey jail. Now tell me, is the west responsible for us worshipping such person of unscrupulous character?

you keep missing the point, i'm fixated on the fundamental structure of our world and how it's designed to enslave Africans, the only way out is aggregate awareness, corruption is everywhere, forget the nonsense that is said on the news, you guys keep dragging me back into pointless discuss about Nigeria, i'm talking about all Africans, fundamental human fucking rights, babangida stole money, who wouldn't under such circumstances, tired of these pointless dives into counter productive subjects

Do we have a problem? Yes but some people created and benefit from our reality and they actively maintain it, life has been fundamentally structured to be a hustle, we all rival each other, someone somewhere is and will constantly try to maintain dominance over another, it's prevalent in all dimensions from relationships to politics to law and social order

Even if you want change in Nigeria today, you can't even get it cause the entire nation is asleep waiting for god to come to their rescue, why do you think that churches are exploding in Africa and becoming extinct in developed countries, they don't realize that there is no god and society has been designed in a way that will forever enslave 70% of the population, if I should talk about education and exposure here you would distort it with the false assumption that a cog is an intellectual

Where you guys will come to terms with your reality is when any African country develops too fast and the west look for any excuse to invade or disrupt them

You see iran, Iraq, Venezuela and listen to western excuses for their situation cheesy

Know this, WESTERN COUNTRIES WILL NEVER UNDER ANY CONDITION ALLOW AFRICA TO DEVELOP

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:
this is a hit piece, so many distorted truths
Americans are good at propaganda, it's unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
Havertz10:
you
Know this, WESTERN COUNTRIES WILL NEVER UNDER ANY CONDITION ALLOW AFRICA TO DEVELOP

My friend stop chatting bullshit. We have had enough time to shape our own destiny. It's been more than 50 years we've had to handle our own affairs.
Rich asian countries today like Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Arabian countries like Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia that were exactly in our situation decade ago but got it right and are now wealthy, what will you say about them? Mind you,many of them were also colonized by various world powers but they have since picked themselves up and advanced themselves.

Is it the west that gave us corrupt military regimes?? Is it the west that gave us abacha, murtala Mohammed, babaginda, buhari, tinubu??
All corrupt leaders at different times that encourage systematic destruction, mismanagement and plundering of resources?
Is it the west responsible for it?

Did the west stop Nigeria from building at least 3 super refineries in the last 50 years that would have given us better earning capacity and better redistribution of that wealth??
Over 2 trillion dollars have been stolen from Africa since Independence, is it the west?

We have had ample time to take our destiny into our hand but have failed repeatedly.

Drop this nascent victim blaming mentality and look inwards to the cause of your problem.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
timay1:

Sinner judging another sinner for sinning differently.

The billionaires in the West who made money from gaming the system and doing insider tradings and a lot of wall street shady shits are no different from Russian billionaires who deal directly with murder and blood to get their own money.
Both set of billionaires destroy lives of ordinary citizens that they exploit to make money.
The difference is that western billionaires kill their victims gradually and they die a slow and miserable death due to debt the ordinary people (Victims) incure from their loss in the stock markets, while the Russian billionaires do their own killing very fast and direct.

Not all billionaires got their hands dirty. Some are squeaky clean. Especially in the tech sector. Meet this guy below, vitalik buterin. One of the worlds youngest self made billionaires.

He got into crypto at age 17 and invented a now widely adopted cryptocurrency called Ethereum. Today he's worth more than 2 billion dollars. No blood attached. Just brilliance, hardwork and being at the right place at the right time.

We cannot continue to celebrate criminals who we now know made their money by killing people in cold blood. Roman Abrahmovic is a criminal who should be in jail. We cannot continue to let him use sports to wash his image and continue to be acceptable to society.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:

Not all billionaires got their hands dirty. Some are squeaky clean. Especially in the tech sector. Meet this guy below, vitalik buterin. One of the worlds youngest self made billionaires.

He got into crypto at age 17 and invented a now widely adopted cryptocurrency called Ethereum. Today he's worth more than 2 billion dollars. No blood attached. Just brilliance, hardwork and being at the right place at the right time.

We cannot continue to celebrate criminals who we now know made their money by killing people in cold blood. Roman Abrahmovic is a criminal who should be in jail. We cannot continue to let him use sports to wash his image and continue to be acceptable to society.
he created a ponzi scheme and today he is a billionaire, isn't that lovely

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
What if Abramovic is a KGB spy?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2022
Havertz10:
oh but they do, if all we manufacture are raw materials, it limits the productive capacity of that society, and under the current system, we compete against ourselves in unhealthy ways to manufacture these raw materials at VERY CHEAP RATES for INTERNATIONAL CONSUMPTION, while we import finished products at INTERNATIONAL RATES, you give a man flour for 5kobo and he sells bread to you at 4naira

I don't want to type plenty but look at Ghana vs Nigeria , look at America vs Canada, one is healthy and productive, the other is divisive and archaic

Ask yourself if our forefathers or ancestors knew how to add values to the raw materials they had? Not until the Europeans came in did the black man know how to get chocolate from Cocoa or biscuit from maize/wheats, clothes for cotton or insulator from latex which were gotten from rubbers which were growing in his backyard? Do the people in democratic republic of congo realise what they could do with Cobalt or were they even aware of the fact that they had such precious minerals, till the west started to make phone batteries with it and now everyone is like the west is stealing from Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
we need comrades grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2022
A001:

Being a rationalist or a freethinker doesn't automatically make one a millionaire; but it gives one a better chance of solving myriads of problems life throws at one.

But don't worry; just keep on praying daily to Jesus or Allah for a better Nigeria while the leaders steal Nigeria's resources with reckless abandon.

I'm sure all the great countries Nigerians run to now and then were developed with fervent prayers and religious devotion.

The witches and wizards and demons are the thieving politicians and their cronies, not imaginary entities that only exist in the head of believers, not in reality.
You are posturing. I can take your own argument, replace 'being religious' with 'free thinkers' and the statement will also be true. For e.g Being religious doesn't automatically make one a millionaire; but it gives one a better chance of solving myriads of problems life throws at one. But I posit you will disagree with it because it goes against your own preconceptions and biases about "religion". What that proves is, you are dogmatic, insular, passionate and stalwart about your beliefs even if others disagree with it. Just like every religious person. Which leads me to my next food for thought for you: if prayers and religious devotion did not make any country great, should logic not let you know that it cannot therefore be responsible for any country's failures? Or you never thought about it that way because your fixation is on religion, right? In fact, what makes you think that some thieving politicians and their cronies are not irreligious free thinkers? You might pretend that it is a factor you have considered but it is not outlined in your post which only emphasizes my point in case you did not catch it:
You are in a religion of your own construct but you just don't know it yet. Stop the virtue signaling.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:
we need comrades grin grin
Omo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:

But most billionaires are dirty, and you can't use Vitalik as an example because he is 28 years old. It is too soon to predict the kind of billionaire he will become.

Maybe you intentionally used Vitalik for convenience. When you check the list of top billionaires from 1 - 20, you discover all have done something against humanity one way or the other.

Why not use mark Zuckerberg who is arguably more cruel than most russian billionaires

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
donjazet:

Hahaha. Your blood too dey hot.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (13449) (13450) (13451) (13452) (13453) (13454) (13455) ... (19680) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joseph901, Mhistaedie01(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.