Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,278 members, 7,887,807 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:10 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10860663 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14400) (14401) (14402) (14403) (14404) (14405) (14406) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Abeg when be apc election ?
Tomorrow is the actual vote. Today is only for accreditation of the 2,300 delegates.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kano and Sokoto delegates all pledge their votes to Tinubu…

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Finesse007:

What is the malouda treatment?
Banished from the first team and made to train with the academy squad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
Voting commences at 6pm tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
PDPGuy:
Kano and Sokoto delegates all pledge their votes to Tinubu…

Is this news from the same source as before?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
raumdeuter:

Is this news from the same source as before?
This is an authentic source…
However, Jagaban should remember Wike’s case where Kano delegates pledged their support to Wike, but the vote turned out very different grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Is Amaechi waiting for Buhari to give him consensus?

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
raumdeuter:
Is Amaechi waiting for Buhari to give him consensus?

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2022
Unlimited22:
If you ask these ones to name the mlst successful single immigrant group in the USA now they'll start foaming at the mouth.

No loud am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 11:16pm On Jun 06, 2022
cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2022
PDPGuy:
cool

Just basic paint and 5minutes I can change that image to

Kano and Adamawa gives Ibime all the votes

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
Oga lukaku

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TheDarkGamer: 12:22am On Jun 07, 2022
Life can be so funny sometimes.

A lot of people have been talking about leaving the country and advising that people should try their best to ensure that that dream is achieved. They discourage people from voting or getting PVCs to vote and have a sliver of hope in a hopeless nation.

To 'japa' from the country is not a feasible option for every individual in Nigeria. You say that they should have the drive and motivation to work hard for their goals and bring stories that show how people left the country. Nobody says that it is a bad advice. But it becomes very stupid when you advice every citizen of a country to immigrate to other countries. Not only is that not feasible even in your wildest dreams, but try to imagine it.

Imagine EVERY single Nigerian has an opportunity to leave the country and they move to Canada, US, Japan, Germany, UAE, etc. First of all, would the countries permit that large an amount of people to leave the country and come to theirs. How would that be sustainable in the long run and how they fend for the immigrants? That amount of people leaving the country would just be a burden on themselves and the countries they want to move to.

When EVERY single Nigerian has 'japaed' from the country, what happens to Nigeria? The country becomes a ghost country without a single soul right? All our history, values, landmarks, etc would be erased. Our traditions would be eradicated because you can't sustain that in the long run in someone else's country. So, all other countries and their citizens would sit back and watch millions of Nigerians troop into their country without fighting against that. You also think that other world leaders would look and let that happen (if that was even remotely possible).

I wouldn't want to go into the economics of the effect of such mass emigration on Nigerians, the countries they are moving into, and the world as a whole. Anybody with half a brain can figure that out.

We all know how bad the country is and the average individual has really no power to create a massive change. In the face of murders, killings, kidnappings, stealing, etc, the average Nigerian cannot 'japa'. Would you tell Mama Ifeanyi that is selling bread and akara to feed her children that the solution is to japa? Her children cannot even afford to go to school but she is supposed to raise money for immigration. Would you tell Jimoh the struggling twenty one year old orphan who hawks 'gala' by the roadside to japa? Would you tell Ekaete the maid of the average middle class family to japa? Even if the family could japa, would they take Ekaete with her or her family as well. Would you tell Abdul, the poor cattle farmer, that has three wives and nine children to japa? Someone that lives in a mud hut....

Can you see my point? No country is perfect and Nigeria is definitely one of the very worst (no denying it), but we have to be practical. There are still people abroad that cannot afford three square meals or fend for themselves. A lot of Nigerians are even doing better than some foreigners in their countries. I know what I'm saying because I live abroad. Anyone abroad can testify to places like bus stations and train stations were homeless people live on scraps and wear rags while smoking weed all day. These people are mostly native and white, not even black people. If you are abroad, you can testify to that.

Now, what is my point? Advising the average Nigerian to japa is not practical and can never happen. There are people so poor that no amount of hard work or dedication can provide them with the resources to japa and live a sustainable life abroad. The average person cannot do that. On the other hand, what can the average person do? The person can change his or her mentality and vote in the elections. They can register for their PVCs and diligently vote on election day. The average person can vote for the best political candidate regardless of political party or tribe.

Of course, you can think that it is pointless because the elite already know the political candidates they want and the elections are a waste of time and resources? You may be correct, but it is better to take the chance and vote for the best candidate possible (without denying that none of them are saints). Voting and political interest should be encouraged because that is the only way the average Nigerian can make a difference in their lives and the country, not immigration. The average Nigerian cannot japa and would never get the chance to do that in his/her lifetime. It's a fact and I'm not saying that to be spiteful.

My best advice for now would be to get PVCs and vote in the presidential elections. At least the majority of the population should vote during the elections for the best possible candidate. APC and PDP are not the only political parties in the country. A change could start from there. And if things in the country stay the same or get worse after the presidential elections next year, then we can begin thinking of a more direct approach. Serious protests like the ENDSARS one for example. Speaking and fighting against the political elite can be an option as well.

Nationalists like Ken Saro Wiwa, Fela Kuti, etc did not japa when things went bad. They fought for their country in times of strife. You can say that their battles were in vain, but life moves on. Adopt an optimistic viewpoint and hope for the best. Where there is life, there is hope.

I hope I have communicated to a few people, Thank you for your time.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 12:23am On Jun 07, 2022
Why will lewadoski want to leave bayern to play for hopeless barka? Does he want to suffer? Barka people must be using juju because this is rubbish. Ebukacute please did dead barka people ask you to show them one native doctor on credit?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 07, 2022
TheDarkGamer:

We all know how bad the country is and the average individual has really no power to create a massive change. In the face of murders, killings, kidnappings, stealing, etc, the average Nigerian cannot 'japa'. Would you tell Mama Ifeanyi that is selling bread and akara to feed her children that the solution is to japa? Her children cannot even afford to go to school but she is supposed to raise money for immigration. Would you tell Jimoh the struggling twenty one year old orphan who hawks 'gala' by the roadside to japa? Would you tell Ekaete the maid of the average middle class family to japa? Even if the family could japa, would they take Ekaete with her or her family as well. Would you tell Abdul, the poor cattle farmer, that has three wives and nine children to japa? Someone that lives in a mud hut....

Why must the maid be ekaette?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TheDarkGamer: 1:45am On Jun 07, 2022
Eaziimoney:

Why must the maid be ekaette?

No reason. It's stereotypical, that's all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:02am On Jun 07, 2022
TheDarkGamer:
But it becomes very stupid when you advice every citizen of a country to immigrate to other countries. and the countries they want to move to

Can u point out to just one post on this thread in the last 24hours in which “everyone was advised to japa ?

I have gone through the thread since yesterday morning when the discussion began and I am at a loss as to how u arrived at what u wrote up there. Probably u formed that in ur head and garnished it as much as u can. At least I saw posts from nihilistjnr repeatedly saying Japa is not for everyone especially when the corrupt civil servant talked about how he games the system , enjoys some “perks” and not necessarily interested in working hard to earn a decent living like it’s expected of you abroad .

Even Ibime, Raumdeuter and Afrodoc maintained that going abroad is only for those with “can-do” spirit who wouldn’t mind taking their time to climb the social ladder . Yet u somehow interpret it to mean they are preaching japa to every ekaette, Jimoh and co.

Maybe u don’t know , most people traveling are not even doing so cos of the money . Some are doing it for security. I know someone personally who works in a decent company in the financial sector and the wife works in an oil servicing company. They left to the UK just for security reasons; his home town was raided by marauding herdsmen at the height of the senseless raids being carried out by Fulani herdsmen ; imagine if he had gone home to see his grandpa during that period what would’ve happened when those illiterates see him, his wife and kids inside SUV.

One of my friends on that akure road, Ondo lost his mum to Fulani herdsmen attacks . She was hit by stray bullet when the herdsmen blocked the road in an attempt to kidnap people. He was outside the country that time doing masters planning to come back, however after the incident he’s vowed not to come back and has focused on doing his PHd there and settle afterwards.

If anybody wants to travel for any reason , please let them travel Abeg . It is only those who wear the shoes knows where it pinches.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 5:27am On Jun 07, 2022
WhoDeyHause:
Why will lewadoski want to leave bayern to play for hopeless barka? Does he want to suffer? Barka people must be using juju because this is rubbish. Ebukacute please did dead barka people ask you to show them one native doctor on credit?
grin grin pity this dead club nah
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by moshuur(m): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2022
nihilistjnr:

You've been talking about needing better leadership, but you're delighted in the fact that you and your wife don't pay tax, despite...being a Federal Civil servant.

In other words. You don't actually contribute to the funds that are used to pay your damn salary, and you're happy about it.

Bro have you ever stopped to consider what would happen if more people did what you did? grin

The second part again, is that you're happy to steal electricity.

So your comfortable life is based on tax avoidance and energy theft. No wonder your 200k goes far.

The day somebody clamps down on this loopholes, and you actually have to spend on what you use, nobody go tell you say 200k is not enough.

I don't blame you for doing what you're doing though, cos there is no sin in a lawless place. Just don't think it's the norm
The man is a federal government worker...

Apart from his salary, government pays him some allowances (Trust me he won't say how much it is...cuz the money is something e).
He's probably getting some bribe in his work or doing some wuru wuru things to siphon money from d government illegally (I am not saying he does but a lot of civil servant does that).
He has a side hustle that's giving him money.
The man doesn't pay for his electricity.

Trust me the man is doing OK than a lot of Nigerians......, He's not going to think about japa at all.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by moshuur(m): 6:44am On Jun 07, 2022
onyemaair:

These people are being ridiculous, these things are just loopholes that can be closed. Before I even bought this meter few years ago, nepa bill was just about 3k monthly and ask any body in asaba, he'll tell you that light is actually a bit constant here because of the gas turbines in delta state. If there was no light, I on my gen from 6 pm to 12 o'clock. Fuel takes about 6-7k monthly. Still ok.

As for the low taxes, it's not my fault, that one na government.

As for work, I work in federal inspectorate, for us to do our jobs means, they have to actually send us to inspect schools or other government institutions. Assignment comes from the top, this rarely ever happens. So office work is all about compiling old reports. We can do that at home or in office.
In other words, government who employs us doesn't give us the work because they would have to pay more allowances and emoluments.

Nigeria is not as bad as people are making it out to be.
Sir....Nigeria is bad as we're making it out to be sir.
Just imagine u do no av that federal government job.
U did not av money to set up business (despite having mind blowing business idea).
I am sure u won't be saying this.
If me sef get federal government work, I go get side hustle.
I might probably not think of japa (I said probably)
Bottom line is you're saying this cuz u're living a "comfortable" life .
Most people not living a comfortable life in nigeria has d japa mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mrphilia: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2022
Unlimited22:
Go rural posting for road wey dey Make people carsick, and wey no dey safe at all.

Reach there, gas do distance visual acuity sweating because light no dey. With a chart that is not illuminated and therefore will underestimate patient acuity.
Gas use phone light do near visual acuity because light no dey.
Cannot refract patient because light to dey to do autoref and the room is too brightly lit by natural lighting for retinoscopy.
All this improvisation on top salary wey no dey come regularly and Hazard allowance wey them no gree pay despite a memo to that effect since the first of December.

Then I look at my own classmate who took a route to the UK that I didn't know existed until recently. She works in an optical shop and I work in a hospital, yet all equipment is there, she doesn't have to answer anybody chief chief. Nobody will tell her to work where there's no light. Despite being under probation, all her allowances will come when due, and she is paid double for even a single minute of overtime. Nobody will tell her to sweep office or be carrying lenses to stock verification every week despite there being non-medical staff in the department.

Then person go come tell me Make I no japa.

Okay.

Doc this table wey you shake we both dey on top.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:02am On Jun 07, 2022
donstan18:
As a reasonable, sensible and concerned Nigerian, you have to prioritize 3 things and take them very serious.

1. JAPA

2. Exterminate anyone that tries to advise you otherwise.

3. Get rid of anyone disturbing with epistle
and telling you to get your PVC.

Number 2 and 3 are very important.

BRUHHH

I think some people just like to write epistles just because they can, not because they actually have anything to say.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2022
TheDarkGamer:

A lot of people have been talking about leaving the country and advising that people should try their best to ensure that that dream is achieved. They discourage people from voting or getting PVCs to vote and have a sliver of hope in a hopeless nation.

To 'japa' from the country is not a feasible option for every individual in Nigeria. You say that they should have the drive and motivation to work hard for their goals and bring stories that show how people left the country. Nobody says that it is a bad advice. But it becomes very stupid when you advice every citizen of a country to immigrate to other countries. Not only is that not feasible even in your wildest dreams, but try to imagine it.

Imagine EVERY single Nigerian has an opportunity to leave the country and they move to Canada, US, Japan, Germany, UAE, etc. First of all, would the countries permit that large an amount of people to leave the country and come to theirs. How would that be sustainable in the long run and how they fend for the immigrants? That amount of people leaving the country would just be a burden on themselves and the countries they want to move to.

When EVERY single Nigerian has 'japaed' from the country, what happens to Nigeria? The country becomes a ghost country without a single soul right? All our history, values, landmarks, etc would be erased. Our traditions would be eradicated because you can't sustain that in the long run in someone else's country. So, all other countries and their citizens would sit back and watch millions of Nigerians troop into their country without fighting against that. You also think that other world leaders would look and let that happen (if that was even remotely possible).

I wouldn't want to go into the economics of the effect of such mass emigration on Nigerians, the countries they are moving into, and the world as a whole. Anybody with half a brain can figure that out.

Can you see my point? No country is perfect and Nigeria is definitely one of the very worst (no denying it), but we have to be practical. There are still people abroad that cannot afford three square meals or fend for themselves. A lot of Nigerians are even doing better than some foreigners in their countries. I know what I'm saying because I live abroad. Anyone abroad can testify to places like bus stations and train stations were homeless people live on scraps and wear rags while smoking weed all day. These people are mostly native and white, not even black people. If you are abroad, you can testify to that.

Now, what is my point? Advising the average Nigerian to japa is not practical and can never happen. There are people so poor that no amount of hard work or dedication can provide them with the resources to japa and live a sustainable life abroad. The average person cannot do that. On the other hand, what can the average person do? The person can change his or her mentality and vote in the elections. They can register for their PVCs and diligently vote on election day. The average person can vote for the best political candidate regardless of political party or tribe.

Of course, you can think that it is pointless because the elite already know the political candidates they want and the elections are a waste of time and resources? You may be correct, but it is better to take the chance and vote for the best candidate possible (without denying that none of them are saints). Voting and political interest should be encouraged because that is the only way the average Nigerian can make a difference in their lives and the country, not immigration. The average Nigerian cannot japa and would never get the chance to do that in his/her lifetime. It's a fact and I'm not saying that to be spiteful.

My best advice for now would be to get PVCs and vote in the presidential elections. At least the majority of the population should vote during the elections for the best possible candidate. APC and PDP are not the only political parties in the country. A change could start from there. And if things in the country stay the same or get worse after the presidential elections next year, then we can begin thinking of a more direct approach. Serious protests like the ENDSARS one for example. Speaking and fighting against the political elite can be an option as well.

Nationalists like Ken Saro Wiwa, Fela Kuti, etc did not japa when things went bad. They fought for their country in times of strife. You can say that their battles were in vain, but life moves on. Adopt an optimistic viewpoint and hope for the best. Where there is life, there is hope.

you only communicated to anti-japas

if you have an option to Japa, Japa ooo, the guy dey abroad but dey misyarn here.

havertz10 bro grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:06am On Jun 07, 2022
TheDarkGamer:

Bro, is this you?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 7:10am On Jun 07, 2022
TheDarkGamer:

When EVERY single Nigerian has 'japaed' from the country, what happens to Nigeria? The country becomes a ghost country without a single soul right? All our history, values, landmarks, etc would be erased.

We all know how bad the country is and the average individual has really no power to create a massive change. In the face of murders, killings, kidnappings, stealing, etc, the average Nigerian cannot 'japa'.

My best advice for now would be to get PVCs and vote in the presidential elections.

Bros, I don't think you know how fvxked up Nigeria is at the moment. This country is a ticking time bomb .You can assess this country by mere looking at the faces of people on the streets. Most people are so frustrated and dejected..

I have my PVC but heaven knows I am not stepping out of my house on that day...I don't wanna be used for target practices by some gun welding political thugs..

Na person wey never see problem dey use English dey pray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 7:16am On Jun 07, 2022
Bursted

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2022
Seun has a good point here.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2022
Joezinho:

Bros, I don't think you know how fvxked up Nigeria is at the moment. This country is a ticking time bomb .You can assess this country by mere looking at the faces of people on the streets. Most people are so frustrated and dejected..

I have my PVC but heaven knows I am not stepping out of my house on that day...I don't wanna be used for target practices by some gun welding political thugs..

Na person wey never see problem dey use English dey pray.

Someone that isn't even old enough to vote dey advise you to go and collect PVC and you sef dey answer am...

Meanwhile the werey don japa o grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shedenbelalanme: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2022
TheDarkGamer:
[s]Life can be so funny sometimes.

I hope I have communicated to a few people, Thank you for your time[/s]
Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2022
Ebukacute:
Bursted

lmaoo grin grin

No matter what that guy says
I must go over there and experience it myself
so he should quit discouraging us.

Japa is the no.1 Option, PVC is the alternative.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 7:26am On Jun 07, 2022
Some people wicked sha grin

Most People that hate japa were either bounced by a western country or don’t have the means
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:26am On Jun 07, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Bro, is this you?
That's typical Nigerians
They are selfish and don't like competition,they prefer where they alone can eat
The don't japa crew have already japad but they don't want more people to come because it will limit their chances of survival or they are planning to japa and they still don't want to compete with people for visa
They will discourage and curse who ever encourage japa because of their own selfish interest

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14400) (14401) (14402) (14403) (14404) (14405) (14406) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.