Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,241 members, 7,880,896 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:52 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10827510 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16505) (16506) (16507) (16508) (16509) (16510) (16511) ... (19541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nirvana101: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2022
donstan18:

Nostalgia bias is a very terrible disease that must be erased for people to use their common sense to judge players.

Most of those guys were hyped and overrated.

Do you know how the likes of Benzema, Giroud, Hazard, KDB, Vardy, Rashford, Eriksen, Kane and so many players would have been hyped if they had played in the era of those fraudulent bums?

Neymar is the most talented and best player to ever Grace Brazil. One on one, he’s ahead of Dinho and that insecure Pele.

KDB>>>Zidane
Salah>>>Henry
Hazard >> Eric Canton and most ManU legends

2 best VVD season will always be bigger and greater than anything those Maldini and Nesta whatever were doing then.

Should I keep naming?

There was no social media to scrutinize and expose those frauds!! France demolished and mutilated Brazil in 1998 and nobody is talking about it till date. France won World Cup and Euros straight, but people only remember Spain doing it.

Those frauds were protected.

Ronaldo and Messi changed football expectations from fans, that’s why it’s difficult for any player to be rated now. Do you know what it means for someone to rate Pele and Maradona ahead of MESSI and Ronaldo??

What insult!!!!!

Kindly go through clips and stats of those overrated players of early and mid 90s, try recall those you watched in late 90s and early 2000s and you’ll understand me. Nothing special, absolutely nothing special.

I only rate players who kept their shiit from when Ronaldo and Messi changed world football and player’s expectations, from when social media started running proper agenda, scrutinization and propaganda.

Not those frauds. Drogba, Cech, Lampard and Terry should count themselves lucky for performing from 2009 till they retired.

grin

Na wah oo!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
donstan18:

Lol. But he’s right nh. cheesy

Eye test, Modric didn’t best Perisic.

Stats, Modric didn’t top Perisic also.

Taguchi will soon get tired of digging

Obviously that comment was my defence of Ronaldo being deserving of 2018 Balon d'Or not Modric

No matter how you like Modric reach, he will be disgraced when compared to Ronaldo as per Madrid 2018 UCL win.

The Croatia world cup standout performance belonged to Perisic and I don't see how Croatia was fantastic in that tournament by penaltying their way through the knockout stage against small teams, only to be disgraced by France in the final. Certainly not enough to snatch Balon d'Or from Ronaldo

Ronaldo simply lost that Balon d'Or because of his rape case. But I'm still happy Modric won that Balon d'Or so Madrid fans can troll Fraudniesta with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
lipsrsealed

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
hensben:
Was iniesta the best player 2010 World Cup? Spain was good and iniesta wasn’t the best player for Spain or in the tournament.
Quarterfinals and final motm plus world cup goal winner is more than enough to prove he did his bit without the GOAT
Oga Watch full Match, cause man shall not live by highlights alone
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

I'm not claiming anything, It is a fact backed by Xavis more defensive position on the pitch, his number of passes, his assists and goals record in comparison to Iniesther

Until you give me one example of a midfield duo where one player does all 4 elements,. don't ask any further question.

You can not chicken out like that,you should be able prove what you said right when we juxtapose it with other examples until then your theory of Xavi was the one doing this and that is flawed.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

You can not chicken out like that,you should be able prove what you said right when we juxtapose it with other examples until then your theory of Xavi was the one doing this and that is flawed.

I've been waiting for.yoy to juxtapose it with other examples and you are wasting my time

Juxtapose me another midfield duo where one midfielder controlled all four. That's the depth of deception Iniesther subjected the world to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

Obviously that comment was my defence of Ronaldo being deserving of 2018 Balon d'Or not Modric

No matter how you like Modric reach, he will be disgraced when compared to Ronaldo as per Madrid 2018 UCL win.

The Croatia world cup standout performance belonged to Perisic and I don't see how Croatia was fantastic in that tournament by penaltying their way through the knockout stage against small teams, only to be disgraced by France in the final. Certainly not enough to snatch Balon d'Or from Ronaldo

Ronaldo simply lost that Balon d'Or because of his rape case. But I'm still happy Modric won that Balon d'Or so Madrid fans can troll Fraudniesta with it.
Madrid fallout and rape case were the reason Ronaldo lost 2018 Ballon D’or. This is a fact for people with sense.

The fallacious belief that Modric carried Croatia to WC 2018 finals won’t stop amusing me.

Someone that didn’t do shiit after his Argentina performance in group’s stage? Na 3G/A or so them dey take carry country reach finals? grin

Croatia thrived with collective performance, but if we must individually rate their players, Perisic will always come first. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oldboss(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

monerozi5590

pu7pl3

Devvy4
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oldboss(m): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

monerozi5590

pu7pl3

Devvy4

they are cooking your Goat oo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
I believe Inesta and Xavi needed each other.

But can someone truly confirm Xavi topped Inesta with controlling, Assisting, Scoring and even defensive contributions? Eye test might not be enough.

It looks terrible for Inesta fans walai! grin cheesy grin

Popizaino please confirm that.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

I've been waiting for.yoy to juxtapose it with other examples and you are wasting my time

Juxtapose me another midfield duo where one midfielder controlled all four. That's the depth of deception Iniesther subjected the world to

When i compared with Lampard this is what i got

Xavi = controlling, defending,assisting and scoring

Lampard = assisting and scoring

The later should have been more successful than the former considering he had other playings helping him controlling and defending but he was not which flaws your theory flat.

Iniesta is the spanish greatest player of all time. EOD
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

A midfielder should not be judged by goals just like no one cares about a scoring for a goalkeeper
A winger should not be judged by goals too because their primary duty is to dribble and drive the ball to attack.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Rafael varane will have 2 World Cup and 4 champions league if France wins the World Cup

Is he one of the greatest cb of all time ?

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Rafael varane will have 2 World Cup and 4 champions league if France wins the World Cup

Is he one of the greatest cb of all time ?

grin
Varane wasn’t a carry along throughout these winnings.

Why won’t be be rated??

Don’t people rate Busquet and Pique?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
hensben:
A winger should not be judged by goals too because their primary duty is to dribble and drive the ball to attack.
But this should not apply to a CM iniesta abi?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibime:

As much as you are happy to troll iniesta because of your agenda ,I still love this analysis

Modric took Ronaldo ballon d or ,even a mad man knows this ,and I don’t think Ronaldo lost the ballon d or because of the rape case ,maybe because of joining Madrid
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
donstan18:

Varane wasn’t a carry along throughout these winnings.

Why won’t be be rated??

Don’t people rate Busquet and Pique?

You are right ,But People still call busquets and pique carry along because of agenda

Someone said mbappe will be greater than Messi if he wins the World Cup ,then Rafael varane will have to be among the greatest defender of all time grin

To make it worst ,varane wasn’t winning all these as a bench warmer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You are right ,But People still call busquets and pique carry along because of agenda

Someone said mbappe will be greater than Messi if he wins the World Cup ,then Rafael varane will have to be among the greatest defender of all time grin

To make it worst ,varane wasn’t winning all these as a bench warmer
Mbappe should best Giroud and Henry first, before getting close to men that changed football expectations from players.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2022
donstan18:
I believe Inesta and Xavi needed each other.

But can someone truly confirm Xavi topped Inesta with controlling, Assisting, Scoring and even defensive contributions? Eye test might not be enough.

It looks terrible for Inesta fans walai! grin cheesy grin

Popizaino please confirm that.

grin grin grin.

I have stated it here times without numbers that my favourite player is Andrea pirlo. This guy played almost similar to xavi so i was able to spot what makes xavi game stand out than Pirlo and the simple answer/reason was Andres iniesta. Had Xavi not had a player who is so comfortable with ball and can receive the ball anyhow in the person iniesta and wriggle the ball out in the tightest of moment were similar players would have lost possession that would have distort their rhythm and put barca on the back foot,we will not be talking about pep Guardiola or Spanish golden generation. It is the more reason why i have always maintained that Xabi Alonso, Andres pirlo,Deco and to an extent Micheal Carrick will do whatever xavi did at Barcelona but hardly will you get anybody to do it like iniesta. It is even more obvious in pep Guardiola in Bayern,Xabi Alonso helped him out with the turning and passes but they did not have the player for the final third like iniesta. Where did his UCL campaign stop at Bayern Munich? Same place Xavi stopped without iniesta in 2010.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by monerozi5590: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2022
Oldboss:

monerozi5590

pu7pl3

Devvy4

they are cooking your Goat oo

He said the truth. Ronaldo was robbed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

As much as you are happy to troll iniesta because of your agenda ,I still love this analysis

Modric took Ronaldo ballon d or ,even a mad man knows this ,and I don’t think Ronaldo lost the ballon d or because of the rape case ,maybe because of joining Juventus

Thank you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2022
monerozi5590:

He said the truth. Ronaldo was robbed.

Are you serious ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
donstan18:

Lol. But he’s right nh. cheesy

Eye test, Modric didn’t best Perisic.

Stats, Modric didn’t top Perisic also.

I no argue that wan,i love Modric but i know him limits too
Ibime:

my own be say if you wan agend atleast make your agenda dey consistent.

not something like this

Ibime:

Busquets is just a carryalong who plugged into to an already victorious Barca and Spain team who were already Champions before he joined the team. He is the DM version of Pedro. The only difference is Pedro gets judged on goals and assists while Busquets has been living off narratives .
Everybody is a carryalong
Ibime:

You forgot that Barca control possession from the center of the pitch and have killers like Messi and Guardiola had players like Toure's and Seydou Keitas to go with supreme midfield controllers like Xavi and Busquets.

i dont even need to dig anything, i been sabi when you make most of these contradicting statements.

I assure you, you go soon call Xavi fraud for this thread na just a matter of time and Agenda, just watch

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

grin grin grin.

I have stated it here times without numbers that my favourite player is Andrea pirlo. This guy played almost similar to xavi so i was able to spot what makes xavi game stand out than Pirlo and the simple answer/reason was Andres iniesta. Had Xavi not had a player who is so comfortable with ball and can receive the ball anyhow in the person iniesta and wriggle the ball out in the tightest of moment were similar players would have lost possession that would have distort their rhythm and put barca on the back foot,we will not be talking about pep Guardiola or Spanish golden generation. It is the more reason why i have always maintained that Xabi Alonso, Andres pirlo,Deco and to an extent Micheal Carrick will do whatever xavi did at Barcelona but hardly will you get anybody to do it like iniesta. It is even more obvious in pep Guardiola in Bayern,Xabi Alonso helped him out with the turning and passes but they did not have the player for the final third like iniesta. Where did his UCL campaign stop at Bayern Munich? Same place Xavi stopped without iniesta in 2010.
I understand every point you made because I believe both needed each other to function, but you didn’t answer the question thou.

Goals, assists, control and defensive duties, is Xavi topping Inesta?? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
Taguchi:

I no argue that wan,i love Modric but i know him limits too

my own be say if you wan agend atleast make your agenda dey consistent.

not something like this

Everybody is a carryalong

i dont even need to dig anything, i been sabi when you make most of these contradicting statements.

I assure you, you go soon call Xavi fraud for this thread na just a matter of time and Agenda, just watch
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

But if we’re being honest, there’s no consistency in agenda.

Nobody dead or alive has a consistent agenda here. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
Nirvana101:

England, like Brazil will continue to win world cups on paper....

Like Brazil, they'll win it in 2026!
England like Brazil?
If Brazil fail to win world cup in the next 3 edition, no team can still match their records.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
donstan18:

I understand every point you made because I believe both needed each other to function, but you didn’t answer the question thou.

Goals, assists, control and defensive duties, is Xavi topping Inesta?? cheesy

Andres iniesta was winning MOTM in the process. I just wonder,stand out when it mattered most.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2022
popizaino:

Andres iniesta was winning MOTM in the process. I just wonder,stand out when it mattered most.
Is this you agreeing that Xavi tops Inesta in goals, assists, controlling and defensive duties?

You’re saying nothing regarding the claim.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kilishihunter:

But this should not apply to a CM iniesta abi?
Hope you read the comment I replied. You can’t eat your cake and have it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
hensben:
Good show from England.

I see Croatia vs France final again.
None of the two will play in the final.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
MorataFC:
England like Brazil?
If Brazil fail to win world cup in the next 3 edition, no team can still match their records.

What if Italy or Germany wins the next two edition ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
donstan18:

Is this you agreeing that Xavi tops Inesta in goals, assists, controlling and defensive duties?

You’re saying nothing regarding the claim.

How did they measure controlling possession?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16505) (16506) (16507) (16508) (16509) (16510) (16511) ... (19541) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Beorn, patrickmuf(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.