Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,218 members, 7,925,772 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 10:50 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11082098 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (19800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2012
Team to head for Japan already Out.

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Hilario

Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Paulo Ferreira, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Cesar Azpilicueta, Ryan Bertrand

Midfielders: Oriol Romeu, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Oscar, John Obi Mikel, Eden Hazard, Marko Marin, Lucas Piazon

Forwards: Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, Victor Moses, Daniel Sturridge

All of the biggest names have been included in the travelling party, including injured pair Frank Lampard and John Terry.

The Spanish manager has experience of the tournament, which he won at the second attempt with Inter Milan in 2010 after finishing as runner-up with Liverpool five years earlier.

The Blues are set to face the winner of the play-off between Asian champions Ulsan Hyundai and North American champions Monterrey, with the match kicking off on Thursday December 13.

On the other side of the draw, Brazilian side Corinthians will face the winners of Al Ahly and either Sanfrecce Hiroshima or Auckland City, who play each other in a preliminary qualifying round.

Coined from Goal.com
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
We're close to agreeing a deal to bring in Metalist Kharkiv's Brazilian striker Taison.

Wondering how Close is that -- Watched the Ninja Play and wont hestitate to recommend him
cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2012
Another Brazilian attacking midfielder is not our priority right now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ibime: Another Brazilian attacking midfielder is not our priority right now
Hehehehe see vexation
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ibime: Another Brazilian attacking midfielder is not our priority right now

The Dude is a Goal Poacher not really an AM -- More like a Falcao alternative, untill Summer - The only stumbling block is that the player is yet to represent Brazil, meaning there is no guarantee that the player will be given a work permit. Chelsea will make an application under the ‘special talent’ rule in January.

He Did a Marco Van Basten the Other Day! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0N_92oJJAw
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
Will anyone say no to Raheem Sterling? Talks over contracts are stalling. Young, very talented, can stretch play, presses well, gets stuck in and most importantly, he is association trained.

If we are truly interested and can sign him, he will be here 3 years before his 21st birthday and will become club trained -something currently hurting us now as we have a small squad.

So will anyone say no to Sterling and why?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
nateevs: Will anyone say no to Raheem Sterling? Talks over contracts are stalling. Young, very talented, can stretch play, presses well, gets stuck in and most importantly, he is association trained.

If we are truly interested and can sign him, he will be here 3 years before his 21st birthday and will become club trained -something currently hurting us now as we have a small squad.

If you were Sterlings adviser would you advise him to go to Chelsea?

On the wings Chelsea has Mata, Hazard, Sturridge, Marin as options these are players that are quite young themselves. The oldest of these might be 24. So still has another 6yrs to play. That was the same reason Marko Reus chose Dortmund over Bayern.

Vs Sterling at Liverpool where he is almost guaranteed a shirt at his young age, No pressure, he can play with his agemates (Suso, Wisdom, Borini etc), The coach Brendan Rodgers who is stable and has a project going on. Moreover Sterling is not in a hurry to win trophies

The only club that would make sense for him is Arsenal cos of a similar structure.

Sterling would go to Chelsea and be another SWP weighed down by the signing fee and pressure

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
nateevs: Will anyone say no to Raheem Sterling? Talks over contracts are stalling. Young, very talented, can stretch play, presses well, gets stuck in and most importantly, he is association trained.

Sterling Sterling Sterling. . .

I'll be Doomladen if he beats the Price tag i value him -- Hate seeing Prospect sold for Big Doughs

Well i still need this Gu
y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5oZcPvLgAQ cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
dayokanu:

On the wings Chelsea has Mata, Hazard, Sturridge, Marin as options these are players that are quite young themselves. The oldest of these might be 24. So still has another 6yrs to play. That was the same reason Marko Reus chose Dortmund over Bayern.

Vs Sterling at Liverpool where he is almost guaranteed a shirt at his young age, No pressure, he can play with his agemates (Suso, Wisdom, Borini etc), The coach Brendan Rodgers who is stable and has a project going on. Moreover Sterling is not in a hurry to win trophies

The only club that would make sense for him is Arsenal cos of a similar structure.

Sterling would go to Chelsea and be another SWP weighed down by the signing fee and pressure
You've said it all, nice one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2012
dayokanu:

abi o. The lad should enjoy his stay with Liverpool jare. Come to Chelsea and he will be on the bench till no one knows when.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:08am On Dec 01, 2012
El Guapo:

The Dude is a Goal Poacher not really an AM

Who told you that? The newspaper?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 01, 2012
Ibime:

Who told you that? The newspaper?

Lol - One gotta be a Super Scout to give out such recommendations, IB that dude can Jxt smash in those goals we need.
I've got tis Simmering concern - why cant we Jxt go down to those smaller leagues and snap up the hot cakes there, prospects who're yet to hit big time Stardom, give them playing chances and make them the next BIG things!
Chicharito from Chivas to United is Jxt One super Instance.
Mikel (Lyn Oslo), Oscar (Internacional) and Kalou (Feyernood) are few names that i can boldly say where great scouting work who never came cheap.

We can save £46m today and scout for the next Falcao or Suares, an unproven attacker that would come cheap and defy the Torres Odd!

One of the reasons i wont even fight against the Wilfred Bony proposed acquisition, Taison to me aint a bad Idea at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:10pm On Dec 01, 2012
dayokanu:

I understand your concern and nothing you have said is totally out of place but here is where you are wrong.
Chelsea 03-09 is not anything comparable to what we have now and talks about him getting benched is only sceptical.

Those who support this view either don't know the true picture of things or never bothered to analyse.
These are the facts:-

Ever since squad rules/quota was introduced, we have struggled.
This season has been our worst yet and as opposed to the Mourinho Chelsea you refer to, we have only 20 use-able players in the squad.
For the most part of this season, we've played with only 16 players.
In-fact, we've started 85% of all games this season with 13 players.
And we have measly 16 reliable players.

In fact, Chelsea have used far fewer players than any other team in the League this season.

Playing stats for our current midfield for club and country since August.

Hazard: 29 starts, 6 sub appearances
Mata: 23 starts, 6 sub appearances
Oscar: 29 starts, 6 sub appearances

Contrast that with someone like RVP who's had only 18 starts and 2 subs for club and country in the same period.
Torres has had 24 starts and 3 sub appearances. In fact, all United strikers and mid-fielders have played far less minutes of football this season than our first 11.

Considering that our midfield core are at an average age of 22 and technically in their 1st/2nd season, it's a very unhealthy situation and we are going to suffer from burn out in the tail end of the season and drop down the league table and Rafa has already seen that. LINK

This is why your assumption that Sterling will not play is wrong. I cannot even believe someone will say "abi o" without studying the facts. In years gone, there were no restrictions and squad rules so we flooded the place with players and many youngsters could not get a game.

In 2006/07 UEFA's restriction on homegrown players was minimum of 4
In 2007/08 - minimum of 6.
From 08/09 - minimum of 8 and it's been so ever since.

Now we have a depletion of homegrown/club trained players in the squad and requirements are strict. In-fact of the 8 homegrown players requirements, you cannot have more than 4 association trained players in the squad at any one time. We have 7 now but only 4 count. There rest are classed as foreign players. THis is a massive problem. Sturridge to UEFA, under the current system, is a foreign player.

These are the reasons why we must at this time endeavour to sign the likes of Sterling and more importantly why he will play. Also, as I pointed out earlier, Sterling is 17. By his 21st birthday, he will be considered club-trained and have an advantage when it comes to squad registration. This secures the future unless the likes McEachran, Feruz and Chalobah make it to pro level.

Plus Sterling in my opinion is that good. In-fact, Moses, Hazard, Marin, Moses, Sturridge and Oscar at this moment can only be considered marginally better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
Torres with an assist for Mata

24th min Ramires with a gut bursting run sets up Torres who blasted over the bar horribly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
This Moses guy still leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see how he is an upgrade over Kalou. . YET.
On the contrary, I have been really impressed with Azpilicueta. Based on his performance in the last 3 games, I think we have a good RB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mata being brought back to the centre improves our game dramatically whilst solidifying one of the wings.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ibime: Mata being brought back to the centre improves our game dramatically whilst solidifying one of the wings.

Totally agree.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2012
Good First half. . Moses looking good on the left!. . .not over yet tho.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
Good half. Solid and the back at the back and we've been very inventive going forward. I hope we get more goals. We need to build our confidence.
Azpilicueta. . . I'm impressed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
nateevs: Good half. Solid and the back at the back and we've been very inventive going forward. I hope we get more goals. We need to build our confidence.
Azpilicueta. . . I'm impressed.

you saw the pass from moses to torres that led to the goal?
it was the same kinda run torres made that dayokanu condemned in the screenshots you loaded last week. mata brings a whole lot of dimension to the way chelsea play - resting him on wednesday as yielded dividends - he's the main difference between the 2 sides!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

you saw the pass from moses to torres that led to the goal?
it was the same kinda run torres made that dayokanu condemned in the screenshots you loaded last week. mata brings a whole lot of dimension to the way chelsea play - resting him on wednesday as yielded dividends - he's the main difference between the 2 sides!

The same Mata you told us is the problem is now the difference? Remember to update the number of goals scored in the league by Mata vs Torres despite the former playing lesser minutes

Moses wan turn Demel to him wife oo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2012
dayokanu:
The same Mata you told us is the problem is now the difference? Remember to update the number of goals scored in the league by Mata vs Torres despite the former playing lesser minutes

where did i say mata was the problem @ chelsea? you have resorted to cheap lies now to score cheap brownie points?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
dayokanu:

The same Mata you told us is the problem is now the difference?

Can you tell us where he said that?
This is the not so pleasant part of Dayo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
It's been a long long time I saw Chelsea defend like we are doing now.
Players willing to dive into danger if it has to be done.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
nateevs: It's been a long long time I saw Chelsea defend like we are doing now.
Players willing to dive into danger if it has to be done.

Long time? You mean you didnt see how they did in Munich and in the CL last season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

where did i say mata was the problem @ chelsea? you have resorted to cheap lies now to score cheap brownie points?

You told us weeks ago that Mata was the reason Torres wasnt scoring
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
Carlton Cole scores.

What a tame effort by FernanDUD again. That should have been a goal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mata off the post
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Long time? You mean you didnt see how they did in Munich and in the CL last season

Is that not long enough?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
LOL at Rafas reaction to Torres tame shot

11hours since Torres last league goal

How many attacks have broken down at Torres feet
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
I don't know why Big Sam didn't start with Diame. He's providing the kinda energy and drive Chelsea midfielders can't resist
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
Welcome to Rafa time. . . Why Hazard off Rafa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (19800) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, chelseamann(m), kushercain, Caicedobets(m), airmark(m), nateevs(m), Thazard(m), Theflint1(m), Unlimited22 and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.