Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,032 members, 7,915,985 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:28 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11003913 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17551) (17552) (17553) (17554) (17555) (17556) (17557) ... (19743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
Bluelines69:
I’ll play Havertz/Mount or Havertz/Pulisic or Mudryk over sterling and Felix[b], at least those ones would mount pressure unlike these sisters up front[/b]

Exactly. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ibime:

First goal a keeper that commands his area will collect that ball from Vinicius head. That ball travelled 30 yards at slow pace to the edge of 6 yard box. Long ball that lands in 6 yard box is always the keepers ball

2nd goal he got a fingertip to it. If he was 3 inches taller, that ball would be on his palm, not his fingertips

I no want talk because we had other bigger problems today, but he offers us nothing. He is not good enough, simple
He actually saw the second goal and went for it. But him arm too short. That denied him the save.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
Leyqute:

In a way, Boehly might be worse than the Glazers. That guy thinks running a business club in England is the same as running an American Football club in the US.

You guys should prepare for a torrid time ahead.

Baba I ain't part of this ndi mgbu club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sniper04(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
A001:
Arinze is good but his short arms na him problem. That's why he dey chop long-range shots now and then.
At least we know kepa dey Bleep up on a steady
Why didn't we score too

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
wman:
Removing Thiago Silva instead of another defender.

He is avoiding him missing the second leg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
popizaino:
I will still give Reece James the benefit of doubts of playing under Lampard before lauding his terrible performance.

The number of long balls to him from Enzo that ended up as back pass or either turn over was enough for us to have caused real madrid defence some havoc but whether it's him or either Lampard that have other plans,i will get to know in coming weeks.

This!!

So irritating!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:

Atleast e no pass 2-0

Let's be honest.

We missed jorginho

Miss who?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
swiz123:

It's not rocket science. Most posters you guys rate here opinion don't know anything about football.

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
popizaino:
I will still give Reece James the benefit of doubts of playing under Lampard before lauding his terrible performance.

The number of long balls to him from Enzo that ended up as back pass or either turn over was enough for us to have caused real madrid defence some havoc but whether it's him or either Lampard that have other plans,i will get to know in coming weeks.

Let's not pretend as if he wasn't arguably the most productive wing/full back in England/Europe last season. Even earlier this season, he still showed out regularly before his injury.

No be by to receive long balls out wide; can you sincerely say he had much to work with up front? What of Chilly, did he do anything notable in attack?

We barely had any presence in the box with the ball out wide. This criticism was probably valid 2 seasons ago but it's a bit harsh based on this game.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
A001:

He actually saw the second goal and went for it. But him arm too short. That denied him the save.

He saw that goal clearly. Ball passing through Fofana legs had no impact on his dive, he had already started diving, he is just too short with short arms

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
Bluelines69:
I’ll play Havertz/Mount or Havertz/Pulisic or Mudryk over sterling and Felix, at least those ones would mount pressure unlike these sisters up front
You put it well. Two sisters. If Felix play one million shots, none will enter.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2023
Sniper04:

At least we know kepa dey Bleep up on a steady
Why didn't we score too
Felix na number one culprit, followed by Sterling IMO.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
Exonerate1:

Fofana can't close his legs

Moment likes this always make me reminisce about te good old Chelsea. Gary Cahill woukd have slept for that ball....trust me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
Chelsea are in a deep crisis.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrew444(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
It seems kepa is the new scape goat

God bless arsenal for Saving Jorginho

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
andrew444:
Enzo choosing the wrong club

Na who get money go buy some certain players ,but e no mean say e go manifest

My sterling fell off

I hope Chelsea will pay for Joao Felix with their stupid yahoo boy owner

That man will be the downfall of Chelsea and we will be here to rejoice and be glad.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ibime:

He saw that goal clearly. Ball passing through Fofana legs had no impact on his dive, he had already started diving, he is just too short with short arms
It must be short arms, because the guy is same height with Thiago Silva
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
Everybody with him wahala, Ibime be like person dey plan coup against you and be like na Gideon Orkaar style grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
Itsrm:
Kovacic easily the worst player on the pitch.

It's very difficult to choose between him,Sterling and James.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ibime:

Was Jorginho not playing when we went from November to January with almost zero wins

Our biggest problem are keeper, striker and the fact we allowed Felix take the place of Badiashile in UCL squad. Felix offers nothing while Badiashiles replacements in Koulibaly and Cukuruku are walking brainfarts

These are the games all this season that Jorginho played for Chelsea.
Without Jorginho, In 21 games You lost to Arsenal, Newcastle Soton and Leeds with Jorginho

Without Jorginho in 13 games you have lost to City, Wolves, Soton, Villa and Spurs

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2023
Our pressing problems are getting a proven coach, a quality striker, a DM, keeping Kepa as an assistant keeper, but offloading Mendy, Havertz, Sterling, RLC
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:

Atleast e no pass 2-0

Let's be honest.

We missed jorginho

Speak for yourself alone,i don't miss Jorginho one bit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Greatihex:
It must be short arms, because the guy is same height with Thiago Silva

Thiago Silva would be short for a keeper

Kepa is short, and he has short arms

But make I free am. Our big problem was those two guys upfront that couldn't make a thing stick. Like Popizaino said, big and fast striker is underrated in football. When there is no hope in your strikers to relieve pressure, there is no confidence in what the team are doing

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Without Jorginho in the team this night, my headache reduce small.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Can't lie, spending big on Felix looks like it would be a complete waste of money. There is no need.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
Sniper04:

Never ever I don't miss jorginho for any reason, na jorginho be forward wey wan score for us, don't even Go there boss the outcome might have been worse especially with the whole team playing rubbish

grin grin grin grin grin

I didn't even see your comment before i refuted that claim that we missed Jorginho.

God forbid bad thing .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ibime:

First goal, a keeper that commands his area will collect that ball from Vinicius head. That ball travelled 30 yards at slow pace to the edge of 6 yard box. Long ball that lands in 6 yard box is always the keepers ball

2nd goal he got a fingertip to it. If he was 3 inches taller, that ball would be on his palm, not his fingertips

I no want talk because we had other bigger problems today, but he offers us nothing. He is not good enough, simple

This was my initial reaction till I watched the replay. The ball was quite far off from him. I doubt he would have gotten to that ball before Fofana and Vini. It was Kovacic who failed to close down Carvajal on time and Fofana also slept off or was too slow.

Really difficult to pin it on Kepa.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
The positive in this game is that it will make lampard not to get this job permanently..

I am satisfied

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
raumdeuter:

These are the games all this season that Jorginho played for Chelsea.
You lost to Arsenal, Newcastle Soton and Leeds with Jorginho

Without Jorginho you have lost to Wolves, Soton Villa and Spurs

No need going back to September

Our issues started in late October with the Brighton game. It's the same Chelsea we are seeing since then and Jogginghoe was there for it as below.

Our goals conceded has improved since Jogginghoe left - now less than one goal a game, but we are playing games 0-0 or 0-1 so no points on the table. Our focus has shifted from being overrun 4-1 by teams like Brighton when Jogginghoe was there to how we score just one goal to prevent a 0-0 or 0-1

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrew444(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
FirstbornWds:

That man will be the downfall of Chelsea and we will be here to rejoice and be glad.

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
BlueMann:
Can't lie, spending big on Felix looks like it would be a complete waste of money. There is no need.

When I see Kroos dey bully Felix for ball na him I know say matter tie wrapper

Kroos wey be ajebor sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
lordfalcao:
The positive in this game is that it will make lampard not to get this job permanently..

I am satisfied
I was actually happy about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17551) (17552) (17553) (17554) (17555) (17556) (17557) ... (19743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: UncleHaba22, poshemmanuel(m), Caicedobets(m), SCOOPERJEF(m), delkuf(m), Kholiwe(f) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.