Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10935117 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18611) (18612) (18613) (18614) (18615) (18616) (18617) ... (19683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:52pm On Jan 20
raumdeuter:

Even the Ivorian president Alhassan Quatarra is rumored to be from Burkina

Maybe na like Niger be to Nigeria

If the match come be in a place like Kano or Katsina

My thoughts exactly. Im reading somewhere that the distance from Burkina Faso to Ivory Coast is just 679 kilometers. That’s like 14 hours drive time.

By air should take just an hour or two max.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20
This Kabore boy na serious RIght-back. No seme seme
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 4:57pm On Jan 20
Tripper to Bayern is a transfer I didn't see coming.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:00pm On Jan 20
2-2.

The resilience. Twice they’ve trailed, twice they’ve bounced back.

This Algerian team get character.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 5:01pm On Jan 20
Capaldi:
Tripper to Bayern is a transfer I didn't see coming.

I think they’re moving on to Livramento, him keen on the move is even more surprising
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:04pm On Jan 20
Maatsen balling at Dortmund. When it comes to developing fullback leave it for Cobham. If only we can develop strikers and midfielders as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:06pm On Jan 20
Bluelines69:

I think they’re moving on to Livramento, him keen on the move is even more surprising

Bayern going for him is even whats surprising given he has cost Newcastle in multiple games this season with his mistakes plus he's 33.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 5:09pm On Jan 20
Capaldi:

Bayern going for him is even whats surprising given he has cost Newcastle in multiple games this season with his mistakes and he's is 33.

Heard he’s going through some personal issues in his marriage as well of recent, there’s some things definitely going on under so maybe Bayern thinks it’s just a rough patch, I think so too cause he’s quality
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 5:20pm On Jan 20
Maatsen assist from left back, that's what happens when you happens when you have a gifted coach instead of pochball 🤡🤡
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 5:33pm On Jan 20
🚨 Chelsea have received more money from player sales than any club across the last ten years. 🤑

Arsenal and Manchester United aren't even in the top 30. 🤯

(📸 @TMuk_news )

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:39pm On Jan 20
Leyqute:

Agreed. Brazil had like 3 ballon dor players in their team - De Lima, Ronaldinho, Kaka. They've also got other talented players too.

France had Zidane, Trezwguet, Henry, etc. Ball players and match winners. They can singlehandedly change the outcome of games.

Argentina had Ayala, Saviola, Crespo, Milito, a young Messi coming off the bench as well as Tevez.

Italy had an even stronger squad. Materazzi, Buffon, Canavaro, Del Piero, Totti...

No wonder that 2006 world cup was fantastic and they won it.

Having said that, that English team of that time still trounces this current English team. Cos whenever they meet their peers (France, Brazil, etc) , this team usually falter- just like the earlier golden generation.
This generation is better than the previous one.

At least this generation have reached euros finals and lost only on penalties. They've reached Wc Semi finals also and I suspect that they would have at least reached the final in this past edition Wc if not for Harry Kane penalty miss.

And the best part is that they're doing all these under a scrap coach who's underutilizing this generation strength.

What did the former generation do. They couldn't easily trounce their peers whenever they meet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:04pm On Jan 20
See that assist from Maatsen. Two games, two big chances created. But this man preferred to play a CB and an RB at left back, and preferred the LB to an actual right winger at RW.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20
Jodera:
This generation is better than the previous one.

At least this generation have reached euros finals and lost only on penalties. They've reached Wc Semi finals also and I suspect that they would have at least reached the final in this past edition Wc if not for Harry Kane penalty miss.

And the best part is that they're doing all these under a scrap coach who's underutilizing this generation strength.

What did the former generation do. They couldn't easily trounce their peers whenever they meet.

You can also argue that this generation never met a team on equal footing on their way to the World Cup and Euro semis. They were defeated whenever they met other strong contenders.

The older generation were knocked out by Brazil in 2002 (peep that mad Ronaldonho freekick) and Portugal via penalties in WC 2006 and Euro 2004.

Pound for pound, I’d rate the older generation higher, they have more talents and achievements amongst them, they just don’t have the right balance or team.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:33pm On Jan 20
Leyqute:

You can also argue that this generation never met a team on equal footing on their way to the World Cup and Euro semis. They were defeated whenever they met other strong contenders.

The older generation were knocked out by Brazil in 2002 (peep that mad Ronaldonho freekick) and Portugal via penalties in WC 2006 and Euro 2004.

Pound for pound, I’d rate the older generation higher, they have more talents and achievements amongst them, they just don’t have the right balance or team.

My sentiments exactly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:43pm On Jan 20
What a goal for Mauritania. One of the goals of the tournament.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 6:47pm On Jan 20
This Angola vs Mauritania match is fire
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20
Ivan Toney scores!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:52pm On Jan 20
Mauritania vs Angola has been one of the more enjoyable games of this tournament; probably the most entertaining. Chances galore for both sides.

Meanwhile, Toney with a clever free kick. He's back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:52pm On Jan 20
Elnino4ladies:
This Angola vs Mauritania match is fire

So interesting

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:57pm On Jan 20
Leyqute:

The older generation couldn't even qualify for euros 2008 sef. That's a big blemish on their standard and it's a big dent that favours this current generation over theirs.

Moreover, you can only beat what's in front of you to progress. England defeated Germany in ko(their mates) in the last edition. Something that's always always difficult for the older generation whenever they meet their mates.

To me, the older generation really fvked up well. Individually, they have the better players than this generation but as a team, this generation is better. And the good thing is that they're not even done yet (ie this generation)

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 7:05pm On Jan 20
BlueMann:
See that assist from Maatsen. Two games, two big chances created. But this man preferred to play a CB and an RB at left back, and preferred the LB to an actual right winger at RW.

It is well.
Maatsen Broja and Gallagher
You see these three names
They won't make it at Chelsea with the current policy of this new regime

If Maatsen likes he can make 20 assists and whatever he will still be sold.Why? His fee would go down as pure profit in FFP terms all to counterbalance the mistakes of overpaying for flops we signed for big money

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:06pm On Jan 20
Leyqute:
Ivan Toney scores!
Anthony is never get one oo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20
Jodera:

The older generation couldn't even qualify for euros 2008 sef. That's a big blemish on their standard and it's a big dent that favours this current generation over theirs.

Moreover, you can only beat what's in front of you to progress. England defeated Germany in ko(their mates) in the last edition. Something that's always always difficult for the older generation whenever they meet their mates.

To me, the older generation really fvked up well. Individually, they have the better players than this generation but as a team, this generation is better. And the good thing is that they're not even done yet (ie this generation)

The older generation fvcked up that Euro 2008 qualification due to complacency. All they had to do against Croatia was avoid a defeat. At Wembley. But as usual, they punched below their weight.

The new squad beating Germany on their way down is nothing. S. Korea also defeated this same Germany. And they’ve been pisspoor in major competitions for the last decade or so.

That older team is stacked from front to back. A. Cole. Rio. Gerrard. Owen. Rooney. Forget. Talents yapa.

My point was that they were more talented, albeit less successful, than this current team. This current team has been kinda lucky in terms of oppositions in big tournaments. Else, they won’t even make the Ro16.

Sure, they’re not done yet, there’s another major competition on the way. But if that idiatic coach of theirs persists with Magwaya and co, they likely won’t go far.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20
iamoyindamola:

Anthony is never get one oo

Gerrarrahia jare
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20
Wow.

See that Angola goal!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20
Angola don score again grin

3-1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:16pm On Jan 20
Leyqute:

Gerrarrahia jare
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:19pm On Jan 20
Another banger from Mauritania

2-3 now, game on!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 7:20pm On Jan 20
This is March of the group stage so far
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20
Potential goal of the tournament here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 7:26pm On Jan 20
Why can't Nigeria attack like any of these teams?

Ehn?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:34pm On Jan 20
Leyqute:

The older generation fvcked up that Euro 2008 qualification due to complacency. All they had to do against Croatia was avoid a defeat. At Wembley. But as usual, they punched below their weight.

The new squad beating Germany on their way down is nothing. S. Korea also defeated this same Germany. And they’ve been pisspoor in major competitions for the last decade or so.

That older team is stacked from front to back. A. Cole. Rio. Gerrard. Owen. Rooney. Forget. Talents yapa.

My point was that they were more talented, albeit less successful, than this current team. This current team has been kinda lucky in terms of oppositions in big tournaments. Else, they won’t even make the Ro16.

Sure, they’re not done yet, there’s another major competition on the way. But if that idiatic coach of theirs persists with Magwaya and co, they likely won’t go far.
Whether due to complacency or whatever, the fact is that as a "golden generation", they ought to qualify for any major competition and qualify from the group stage at the very least. That's the least expected of a "golden generation" and they fvcked it up. That's a big blemish on their standard no matter the excuse anyone wants to bring.

I also believe you're not getting the reason for this discussion. I'm not debating who has more talents individually. Raum.deuter said the reason why he won't class the England generation as "golden" is because they have other generation teams at that same time who were more "golden" than they were compared to this present ones whom their country counterparts have less quality players compared to England(of now) but you disagreed saying that this team flops once they meet their mates just like the England of old.

So my point is, this team are better compared to England of old because they qualify for major competitions and have even gone far compared to the other generation whose highest achievement is Q/F or who fails anytime they meet their mates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18611) (18612) (18613) (18614) (18615) (18616) (18617) ... (19683) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.