Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:31 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10935165 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18613) (18614) (18615) (18616) (18617) (18618) (18619) ... (19683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:07am On Jan 21
AdisaOwala:

Let's even disagree to agree on Pastore, whose fault was it that Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti - 2 midfielders in excellent form at that time, were left out of the World cup?

Like I said earlier, blame Maradona Biko!

And to think they could line up like this with

Higuain

Di Maria

Diego Milito

Mascherano

All on the bench?

The kinda players Argentina had in 2010 - them suppose wipe Maradonna Oraimo cord for neck for failing to achieve anything tangible.

Zanetti is not a midfielder

Whether by design or by coaches confusion, Argentina did not have the balance to win. There is nothing like golden generation without balance. C'est fini
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 3:24am On Jan 21
Ibime:

Zanetti is not a midfielder

Whether by design or by coaches confusion, Argentina did not have the balance to win. There is nothing like golden generation without balance. C'est fini

The bolded just shows that your mind is made up and nothing can change it..lol

Okay o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 5:14am On Jan 21
Sources close to the 2026 WC organizing committee and FIFA are now saying that the 2026 WC final will be held at the AT&T stadium in Arlington, Texas….

Well, Arlington would be an ok location for the final since it is only 15 minutes away from the airport, and has a 100,000 seating capacity
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:48am On Jan 21
airmark:

VVD, Kante, Pulisic, Haaland, Reece, Thiago Silva, all won the most glamorous club competition in the world, Ucl, after I hyped them.

This is a working clock, but you are blind and misled by a one-eyed Raumdeuter.

Evidently you cannot prove that you started hyping Kante before we all know him.

Can we try another person in this list?

Please show us where you started hyping Pulisic in his youth days at PA Classics. At least he was there till 2015. I know him from his BVB days and I'm sure others do too.

But since you claim you started hyping him before stardom, can you please provide evidence of you spotting this young talent in PA Classics and hyping him here.....

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:58am On Jan 21
Wahala! Wahala!! Wahala!!! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Omoluabi16(m): 9:08am On Jan 21
raumdeuter:

Last week too they grabbed a late winner

Their luck will soon runout
Or maybe a show of character?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:15am On Jan 21
timbros:

Evidently you cannot prove that you started hyping Kante before we all know him.

Can we try another person in this list?

Please show us where you started hyping Pulisic in his youth days at PA Classics. At least he was there till 2015. I know him from his BVB days and I'm sure others do too.

But since you claim you started hyping him before stardom, can you please provide evidence of you spotting this young talent in PA Classics and hyping him here.....

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Who among Krychowiak, Maximin, Belotti, that you and your boss, Raumdeuter, claimed I jinxed, did I hype in their youth days at PA classics?

Can't you see that you are already exonerating me?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 9:18am On Jan 21
AdisaOwala:

If we are to critically assess the 2 English sides in terms of talent/player quality, the older Generation trumps this current crop of players....

The failures of them Rooney and co dey very embarrassing tbvh but they weren't the only ones : the Argentina team 2006 -2010 readily comes to mind.

Prime messi failed miserably with them Prime Tevez/Aguero etc that year but won world cup with them McAllister and co...

E dey happen

You don't win tournaments by having world class strikers though it could play a part. In fact you could win by having a world class defence than having a world class attack. Greece (2004) is a classic example but there are other examples.

Preferably, a balance team will win you tournaments or at least get you to the final.

Argentina never had a balanced team. It was always world class attack, weak midfield and a mid central defence.

Prime Aguero, Messi, Dimaria, Tevez had....2010...Jonas Gutierrez; a Newcastle winger starting as a RB. You're not winning spoon with that. They had no world class starting CB. There was Zanetti but the coach thought otherwise.

A team with a world class defence will always do better than a team with world class attack in just about any tournament including December league.

Prime Messi failed because they lacked a balance team!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 9:34am On Jan 21
oliverano:

You don't win tournaments by having world class strikers though it could play a part. In fact you could win by having a world class defence than having a world class attack. Greece (2004) is a classic example but there are other examples.

Preferably, a balance team will win you tournaments or at least get you to the final.

Argentina never had a balanced team. It was always world class attack, weak midfield and a mid central defence.

Prime Aguero, Messi, Dimaria, Tevez had....2010...Jonas Gutierrez; a Newcastle winger starting as a RB. You're not winning spoon with that. They had no world class starting CB. There was Zanetti but the coach thought otherwise.

A team with a world class defence will always do better than a team with world class attack in just about any tournament including December league.

I have addressed your points in my previous posts

It was nobody's fault that Maradona didn't pick Cambiasso and Zanetti.

Walter Samuel was also one of the best CBs in the world at that time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 9:37am On Jan 21
Ballzproblem2:
how ironic grin not saying he is a flop but is caicedo worth the fee we paid? the way people were drumming for him you will think he will lift us from tenth to fifth.
the club overpaid for my boy
His true worth should be 70 M max
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AirBere: 9:42am On Jan 21
oliverano:

Preferably, a balanced team will win you tournaments or at least get you to the final.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 9:54am On Jan 21
Now you are all confessing the benefits of having a good defense lol.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsmedozie: 10:04am On Jan 21
iamoyindamola:

He’s forgotten the money teytey na
When you declared yourself church rat😂😂😂
You will respect your elder son cheesy
What's is passed is in the past.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsmedozie: 10:04am On Jan 21
BlueRayDick:

I don write am off na. Remember u declared nairaland bankruptcy and ur debt was forgiven grin
You no go like make I pay you?
Like seriously?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:12am On Jan 21
Itsmedozie:

You no go like make I pay you?
Like seriously?

On top Bet Wey u lose in 2019? grin

It’s almost 5 years bro .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:30am On Jan 21
Caicedobets:
the club overpaid for my boy His true worth should be 70 M max
60m like lavia
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:37am On Jan 21
Guys there's this argument that's been raging on Twitter since last night, and I'd love to hear y'all thoughts.

KDB or Kaka?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:46am On Jan 21
Jodera:
Whether due to complacency or whatever, the fact is that as a "golden generation", they ought to qualify for any major competition and qualify from the group stage at the very least. That's the least expected of a "golden generation" and they fvcked it up. That's a big blemish on their standard no matter the excuse anyone wants to bring.

I also believe you're not getting the reason for this discussion. I'm not debating who has more talents individually. Raum.deuter said the reason why he won't class the England generation as "golden" is because they have other generation teams at that same time who were more "golden" than they were compared to this present ones whom their country counterparts have less quality players compared to England(of now) but you disagreed saying that this team flops once they meet their mates just like the England of old.

So my point is, this team are better compared to England of old because they qualify for major competitions and have even gone far compared to the other generation whose highest achievement is Q/F or who fails anytime they meet their mates.

My point, from the beginning of this discussion, is that, pound for pound, this current English squad pales in talent and ability when compared with the old one. If they swapped positions, the current squad won’t even make it to knockout stages of major competitions- if they even qualify for them.

They’re lucky that most of their mates have dropped standards. And yet, they still struggled to beat them. (Don’t mention Germany because those ones became pants after winning the World Cup)

Put that old generation into this time and age, give them the support and privileges this current generation have and see if they won’t perform way better than them.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:51am On Jan 21
Unlimited22:
Guys there's this argument that's been raging on Twitter since last night, and I'd love to hear y'all thoughts.

KDB or Kaka?

At first thought, you’d go for KDB. But Kaka is so much talented and is quite a beast too that you’d be forced to pause on second thought. We just didn’t see enough of him- or he didn’t maintain that high level for as long as KDB has done.

So. KDB. Definitely.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 10:57am On Jan 21
Unlimited22:

KDB or Kaka?

I think KDB is more complete. Like he can play double pivot, interior, AM, F9, LW. He can score, defend, pick a pass and has a better work rate.

Kaka is a typical AM and slightly more talented. He's one of the greatest footballers of all time, more popular and of course rated higher than KDB but he's best when played at the almost defunct AM position.

I think there's nothing Kaka can do that KDB can't do. But KDB actually offers more in other aspects of the game aside scoring and creating goals.

I'll pick KDB grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:04am On Jan 21
AdisaOwala:

Let's even disagree to agree on Pastore, whose fault was it that Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti - 2 midfielders in excellent form at that time, were left out of the World cup?

Like I said earlier, blame Maradona Biko!

And to think they could line up like this with

Higuain

Di Maria

Diego Milito

Mascherano

All on the bench?

The kinda players Argentina had in 2010 - them suppose wipe Maradonna Oraimo cord for neck for failing to achieve anything tangible.

What I think Ibime is trying to establish is that the Argentine team even with or without Maradona had some midfield deficiencies, one every single top manager would have had issues sorting out at that time.

You mentioned the omission of Zanetti (who thrived mainly as an RB) and Cambiasso, good defensive midfielders no doubt but certainly not CMs - still goes to make Ibime’s point.

I’m beginning to see it for what it is, they had no traditional CMs in that squad. Just bunch of defensive, brutal DMs and a pool of attacking players.

There was no link, no true playmaker that would have been at the center of all different build-up patterns of play. One to recycle possession, keep the ball while drawing opponents out of position and ultimately allowing the rest of Messi, Tevez, Aguero, Pastore etc to penetrate, create chances and score goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:18am On Jan 21
Unlimited22:

KDB or Kaka?

A foolish argument

KDB is miles ahead of that Caca (literal translation of shït)

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:22am On Jan 21
airmark:

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Who among Krychowiak, Maximin, Belotti, that you and your boss, Raumdeuter, claimed I jinxed, did I hype in their youth days at PA classics?

Can't you see that you are already exonerating me?

So when did you start hyping Pulisic? In Stamford Bridge?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:26am On Jan 21
Unlimited22:

KDB or Kaka?

KDB all day please . Kaka was quite good in his days but I don’t think he could gtbrive as much as KDB does in present day football .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:26am On Jan 21
Unlimited22:

KDB or Kaka?

Nostalgia say Kaka. Present reality say KDB...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 11:45am On Jan 21
Griffon:

What I think Ibime is trying to establish is that the Argentine team even with or without Maradona had some midfield deficiencies, one every single top manager would have had issues sorting out at that time.

You mentioned the omission of Zanetti (who thrived mainly as an RB) and Cambiasso, good defensive midfielders no doubt but certainly not CMs - still goes to make Ibime’s point.

I’m beginning to see it for what it is, they had no traditional CMs in that squad. Just bunch of defensive, brutal DMs and a pool of attacking players.

There was no link, no true playmaker that would have been at the center of all different build-up patterns of play. One to recycle possession, keep the ball while drawing opponents out of position and ultimately allowing the rest of Messi, Tevez, Aguero, Pastore etc to penetrate, create chances and score goals.

If you check Ibime's initial Post, the premise of the discussion started with the bolded:

Ibime:

See am na, where is the midfield here. Not a single CM amongst them, and a CB who has long since pafuka as a DM playing DM. Why won't they chop 4-0. Many names on paper does not make a team. This team is useless and midfield is nonexistent

At least you yourself don squash the DM part by yourself..

As stated in my previous response to you, there is tangible evidence that pastore coulda done a decent job at CM - that Argentina team didn't necessarily need a xavi or Scholes to deliver the goods.

The absence of a Pirlo/lampard or Gerrard kinda midfielder shouldn't be the reason why prime messi and folks should lose scandalously/Fire blanks vs Meterseckar and Frederich
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:50am On Jan 21
Kaka was a good player but was a forward IMHO. He had zero midfield tactical responsibility and cannot be compared with a midfielder who does classic midfield duties and still affect the stats massively as KDB. It should be argued that Kaka should be judged against strikers goal for goal because he did absolutely nothing of midfield work

Pirlo, Ambrosini, Gattusso and Seedorf were the midfielders and Kaka was free as a bird. His classification as midfielder is nominal, he was a striker by all intents and purposes and should be judged with strikers

Kakas main strength was acceleration to glide away from players. He just ran past them like they didn't exist

But I don't see any scenario in which Ozil will glue KDB to the bench for 4 years like he did to Kaka.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:56am On Jan 21
AdisaOwala:

If you check Ibime's initial Post, the premise of the discussion started with the bolded:

At least you yourself don squash the DM part by yourself..

As stated in my previous response to you, there is tangible evidence that pastore coulda done a decent job at CM - that Argentina team didn't necessarily need a xavi or Scholes to deliver the goods.

The absence of a Pirlo/lampard or Gerrard kinda midfielder shouldn't be the reason why prime messi and folks should lose scandalously/Fire blanks vs Meterseckar and Frederich

Your understanding of midfield work is not developed enough so I left you to it.

What is absence of Pirlo/Lampard/Gerrard got to do with absence of CM?

The 2nd midfielder (CM) is not a Lampard/Gerrard type. The second midfielder is an Essien, a Xavi, A Ballack or a Seydou Keita. Most teams have 3 regular midfielders but Argentina had Mascherano and a big chasm of space to Messi. Of course they had no midfield and deservedly got walloped
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 12:18pm On Jan 21
Ibime:

Your understanding of midfield work is not developed enough so I left you to it.

What is absence of Pirlo/Lampard/Gerrard got to do with absence of CM?

The 2nd midfielder (CM) is not a Lampard/Gerrard type. The second midfielder is an Essien, a Xavi, A Ballack or a Seydou Keita. Most teams have 3 regular midfielders but Argentina had Mascherano and a big chasm of space to Messi. Of course they had no midfield and deservedly got walloped

And for the umpeeth time, I have shown that Maradona had the resources to close the gaps but for whatever reasons, he decided not to...

Baba, I ask again for the 20th time, is it the absence of a Seydou keita-esque midfielder that made prime messi, Tevez, Higuain etc fire blanks vs mediocre defenders like Metersecker and Frederich?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:25pm On Jan 21
AdisaOwala:

And for the umpeeth time, I have shown that Maradona had the resources to close the gaps but for whatever reasons, he decided not to...

Baba, I ask again for the 20th time, is it the absence of a Seydou keita-esque midfielder that made prime messi, Tevez, Higuain etc fire blanks vs mediocre defenders like Metersecker and Frederich?

Yes, same way absence of a Makelele was making Zidane. Ronaldo, Figo, Raul fire blanks and getting knocked out by Lyon every UCL. An unbalanced team is an unbalanced team and will fail.

Whether by coaches design or by realities on ground, a golden generation should not be held responsible for failure caused by an unbalanced team. They did not pick the team. And it's not like options are jumping out at the manager either. You've gone as far as touting a then 37 year old fullback as panacea to their midfield dilemna while some other nations such as Germany and Spain were 7 to 10 players deep in the midfield position

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsmedozie: 12:36pm On Jan 21
BlueRayDick:

On top Bet Wey u lose in 2019? grin

It’s almost 5 years bro .
Them dey pay debt after 10 yrs
I am serious though

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21
Itsmedozie:

You will respect your elder son cheesy
What's is passed is in the past.
True
Where have you been

(1) (2) (3) ... (18613) (18614) (18615) (18616) (18617) (18618) (18619) ... (19683) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.