Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,851 members, 7,952,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11202132 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19770) (19771) (19772) (19773) (19774) (19775) (19776) ... (19942) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:31am On Aug 16
Would you take Chiesa instead of Felix at Chelsea if it means Sterling leaving to Juventus?

I feel Sterling would play a major role for Chelsea this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:42am On Aug 16
afrodoc2:

You are mistaken.

He played No 10 on the day I started calling him BlacTominay.

Anyway I thought it was because he played No 10 and was displaying skills worthy of Zidaneโ€™s shirt that he is wearing that you were spamming my inbox. ๐Ÿ˜ข
cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:45am On Aug 16
BlueAngel444:
Would you take Chiesa instead of Felix at Chelsea if it means Sterling leaving to Juventus?

They should shaa wait for us to play City
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:51am On Aug 16
swiz123:

What if I told you that both Jackson and Haaland missed big chances just to create a false narrative and when you later watched the highlights, you realized that while Haaland one V one effort was saved, Jackson missed an open net from close range?

Any striker or attacking player is supposed to score one on one 9/10. Just like penalties, most players are expected to score it 9/10. That's why there's always consternation among fans if a striker misses one on one.

Let us don't make it seem like one on one is one kinda hard chance to score for professional players.

The definition is clear for all to see with the key word : "....is expected to score..."

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:02pm On Aug 16
airmark:

grin

What's the minimum xG value of a big chance according to Opta?

You are ignorant like Lord.falcao and Tim.bros and it's a shame.

Do you know that Xg takes account of the quality of player while big chance does not.

I don't know how Xg is calculated and from my research about it, there's no said way Xg is calculated. If I tell you what is the Xg of Thuram and Ugochukwu goals last week, you can't except you start looking at stats data. Same can not be said for big chance

One thing I know is โ€” the definition of big chances cos it's simple and straight forward.

Once you start discrediting English as plain and simple as this below just because of some ambiguous terms, it makes me to laugh grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

Any striker or attacking player is supposed to score one on one 9/10. Just like penalties, most players are expected to score it 9/10. That's why there's always consternation among fans if a striker misses one on one.

Let us don't make it seem like one on one is one kinda hard chance to score for professional players.

The definition is clear for all to see with the key word : "....is expected to score..."

Empty post tap ins is a bigger chance than 1 v 1. Don't you understand or you are trying to dispute this?

If a player is expected to score 1 v 1 9/10, what will be the expectation if it is close range tap in?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16
xG

xGx

xGT

Party go sha happen here this weekend.

Mascara about to hear it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:47pm On Aug 16
swiz123:

Empty post tap ins is a bigger chance than 1 v 1. Don't you understand or you are trying to dispute this?

If a player is expected to score 1 v 1 9/10, what will be the expectation if it is close range tap in?
It's a bigger chance agreed but in both aspects,p a player is expected to score(which is the main point). If the example you gave happened, both players will be given the sticks by critics.

What separates big chance from others is that a Player in such situation is EXPECTED to score, Be it empty net, one on one or penalties. Reason is because both fans and coaches (and even fellow players) expect the ball to hit the back of the net. So I find it absurd when someone says "big chances" and "very big chances" when all the components listed are under the big chances.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

Do you know that Xg takes account of the quality of player while big chance does not.

I don't know how Xg is calculated and from my research about it, there's no said way Xg is calculated. If I tell you what is the Xg of Thuram and Ugochukwu goals last week, you can't except you start looking at stats data. Same can not be said for big chance

One thing I know is โ€” the definition of big chances cos it's simple and straight forward.

Once you start discrediting English as plain and simple as this below just because of some ambiguous terms, it makes me to laugh grin grin

How far?

Another season of lonely at the top incoming shey? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cc Roland17 BluyRayDick
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 12:54pm On Aug 16
Omo you people are still on this xG matter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 12:55pm On Aug 16
Rodri out

Foden, Walker and Stones may not play full 90
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:57pm On Aug 16
larride:

How far?

Another season of lonely at the top incoming shey? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cc Rolan.d17 BluyRay.Dick
We're here to stay this season.

I get confidence this season grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amigoss: 1:09pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

[b]I get confidence this season ;[/b]D grin

Here we go again grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16
EPL Chapter 2024 v 1 - 7

1- On the 16th day in the 8 month in the year of our Lord, the prophet Larride prophesied according as the lord of banter gave him utterances.

2 - He said "Oh ye Chelshit, hear the word of Lord Banter, this season shall be filled with lamentation, wailings and constant fights in thy camp. The band boys will feast and merry with different tidings every weekend"

3 - He continued "Even on weekdays when ye go to the forsaken land of eastern europe for your conference battles, it shall end in agony and wailing. Your trusted warrior Sir ColdPal will flatter, your commander Mascara won't see the end of the season before he will be sent on exile by the security council led by Sir Boehly the Clown"

4 - "This season shall be renewed with plenty attack versus defense battle strategies and long epistles abouts trusting the process but all will come to naught"

5 - "Ye shall look at the red side of Manchester and see them merry with the spoils of their battle victories, ye shall thirst after such but it will be denied thee for thou hath transgressed against the Lord of banter"

6 - "Hurry now, put on sack clothes and ashes all over your body, go to the red side of Manchester and beg them for mercy, maybe the lord of banter will see your contrite heart and give you some reprieve.

7 - These are the words of Lord Banter as the Prophet Larride has prophesied.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

I get confidence this season grin grin

Check ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 1:15pm On Aug 16
larride:

Check ๐Ÿ˜‚
This idiot.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:16pm On Aug 16
Amigoss:

Here we go again grin
You don see when I talk laidis before season start? grin grin

Na full confidence I get grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:17pm On Aug 16
larride:

Check ๐Ÿ˜‚
Make season end, I go remind you grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amigoss: 1:20pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

You don see when I talk laidis before season start? grin grin

Na full confidence I get grin

Bookmarked*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon: 1:21pm On Aug 16
Ballzproblemm:
OFFICIAL: Premier League referees will now have to reveal which clubs they support in an attempt to be more transparent towards supporters.

time to see what club Taylor supports

I read this yesterday and believes it makes no sense, rather this move would heighten the current inconsistencies amongst refs.

If Taylor goes ahead to say heโ€™s a Chelsea fan, how do you validate such claim? If he says heโ€™s a Utd fan, are there witnesses or a source(s) who knows of such claim?

If he ends up not getting Chelseaโ€™s games because the FA were informed heโ€™s a fan of the London outfit, so must try to play fair by giving him Manyoo games where heโ€™s a truly a boyhood fan, wouldnโ€™t it be a ridiculous case of the FA shooting themselves on the foot? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:23pm On Aug 16
akwesenana:
This idiot.

Season 2 has been renewed. Cant wait for Jimmy to bless our screen again. ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:23pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

Make season end, I go remind you grin

I won't be there ke.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon: 1:24pm On Aug 16
BlueAngel444:

A fit Chiesa shits on Felix from the LW. More purposeful, more direct, more clinical. No seme seme.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:24pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

Is there any stats or metric like "Very big chance"?
Have you seen your epl site recording "very big chance" separately
You dey fall hands sha

This is opta definition of big chance. Read very clearly the underlined words.

Any site telling giving you difference between big chance and Very big chance should have been ditched already for misinformation grin
I read that thing and became very ashamed on behalf of airmark.

Very very below of his normal standards ๐Ÿ˜‚

So a tap in that has upto 90% chance will become โ€œ very very very big chanceโ€

Chai, ๐Ÿ˜‚. Ike gwuru.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

It's a bigger chance agreed but in both aspects,p a player is expected to score(which is the main point). If the example you gave happened, both players will be given the sticks by critics.

What separates big chance from others is that a Player in such situation is EXPECTED to score, Be it empty net, one on one or penalties. Reason is because both fans and coaches (and even fellow players) expect the ball to hit the back of the net. So I find it absurd when someone says "big chances" and "very big chances" when all the components listed are under the big chances.

This also doesn't negate the fact that some chances are more clear cut, even though the statisticians don't recognize to avoid being ambiguous.

For example, this screenshot you have been posting doesn't describe certain scenarios where the angle of the 1 v 1 increases the keepers chances of saving.

The best way to judge big chances is to actually watch the game. Because when you talk of expecting a player to score, you must also talk about the player you are expecting to score and if the angle increases or decreases his chances of scoring.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16
lordfalcao:
I read that thing and became very ashamed on behalf of airmark.

Very very below of his normal standards ๐Ÿ˜‚

So a tap in that has upto 90% chance will become โ€œ very very very big chanceโ€

Chai, ๐Ÿ˜‚. Ike gwuru.

At least Jodera is trying hard to make sense but to no avail, but you are just an eternal dolt. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:51pm On Aug 16
Jodera:

If you don't know how expected goal (xG) is calculated, what is the minimum percentage of scoring a big chance by Opta standard?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 3:47pm On Aug 16
๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 4:01pm On Aug 16
Joezinho:
๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€
Day just break for hn side? I no wan hear any unnecessary complain from him o. He knew what he was getting into

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16
Nigerian politicians talk too much and love drama for simple things

Which one is "Presidential jets have immunity against seizure". What of all of the other Nigerian assets around the world?

All because of common $70m

There are two options

a.) appeal the judgement if appealable

b.) If not appealeable, pay the fine and withhold percentage of Ogun state allocation until the $70m is paid up while investigating Makinde on the deal. $70m is not that big of a money to be putting Nigeria assets at risk and picking and choosing which assets are seizable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16
Ibime:
Nigerian politicians talk too much and love drama for simple things

Which one is "Presidential jets have immunity against seizure". What of all of the other Nigerian assets around the world?

All because of common $70m

There are two options

a.) appeal the judgement if appealable

b.) If not appealeable, pay the fine and withhold percentage of Ogun state allocation until the $70m is paid up while investigating Makinde on the deal. $70m is not that big of a money to be putting Nigeria assets at risk and picking and choosing which assets are seizable

this is Chelsea thread please not Nigeria politics thread
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:07pm On Aug 16
airmark:

At least Jodera is trying hard to make sense but to no avail, but you are just an eternal dolt. grin

airmark iti aki.

According to your ogbomosho website, are you proud to call thuramโ€™s goal a big chance ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19770) (19771) (19772) (19773) (19774) (19775) (19776) ... (19942) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LORDLARGE(m), andrewbaba44, Bimmarlykay(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.