Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,875 members, 7,927,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:30 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11094965 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (19806) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Whoever was in a position to sabotage the appointment of that puuuusssy face Spanish tw@t's appointment as Chelsea's Manager, but turned a blind eye, may thunder strike that person this moment!

The fawk face can't even get priorities in order!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
in the words of harry, rafa is a 'd.o..pe' cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI0gk2KJeho

BAnds a make her dance
BAnds a make her dance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ibime:

Did we concede because Lamps did not sit back?

You must be a blind bat - who was late in coming out to close down SWP allowing him the freedom to score? Or has the phat affected your eyesight as well? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sBOseFQUuQ

The official How Market song of 2012/2013 season

Asuegbe!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ibime:

Did we concede because Lamps did not sit back?

I don't suppose you saw their goal did u? Even if you didn't see it live, you would have seen the replay.
This is the point El Guapo was trying to make. Had Ramires been playing, he would have closed the space SWP needed to aim at goal.

But I don't expect you to see that. There are more intricate things to a game of football than blaming Torres.
When Rafa needed a goal, he took Lamps off. You think he isn't aware that Lamps is a threat?

For 60mins, we didn't play jack. We suddenly looked like scoring after Hazard and Mata came on.

However, you ignore important things like this and attribute percentage success on the pitch to the input of one man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:04am On Jan 03, 2013
nateevs:

I don't suppose u saw their goal did u? Even if u did 't, u would have seen the replay.
This is the point El Guapo was trying to make.
Had Ramires been playing, he would have closed the space SWP needed to aim at goal.

But I don't expect you to see that. There are more intricate things to a game of footballthan blaming Torres.
When Rafa needed a goal, he took Lamps off. You think he isn't aware that Lamps is a threat?

For 60mins, we didn't play jack. We suddenly looked like scoring after Hazard and Mata came on.

However, you ignore important things like this and attribute percentage success on the pitch to the input of one man.

Pure crap!!!

Lampard paused when coming out because he had two men on his left-hand side unmarked. I wonder why you never claimed Ivanovic didnt run out at speed and stopped his run. I wonder why you never claimed Mata shoulda been quicker to close Taraabt. Its just one of those things sometimes. . .

You will always find a forking reason to blame Lamps. Now the reason is Ramires shoulda played is that he runs out for corners? I guess thats a skill he uses 100 times a match, never mind his poor passing and non-existent midfield skills. Nonsense!!!

The obvious reason we lost this game (besides your much touted Marin's poor performance) was because YOUR GAY LOVER is a horrendous footballer who gets bullied by Ryan Nelsen, cannot finish or do anything useful upfront. You are a forking disgrace defending that wastepipe on here.

Lemme help you with the most important thing you omitted in your earlier post:

nateevs: Absolutely unbelievable. With Arsenal V City and Spurs V Utd coming up, Rafa should have known that closing up the gap was more important. Luiz Ramires in Defensive Midfield. Mata, Hazard, Oscar upfront, Demba Ba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 03, 2013
Nateevs U're never goin' to Win this against him trust Me, U Wont!

Information anxiety is produced by the ever widening gap btw what we understand and what we think we should understand. Its the black hole between data and knowledge.

In a nutshell, Ibime has got Issues!

. . . . . . . . . . . .

There's a Sayin' that Knowledge in the Wrong hands Could be Dangerous - Exactly what we witnessed tonite, as Harry gave us the Dark side of 4-2-3-1, One that Parades a defensive Philosophy.
They never gave us Room to Play our football, had their Men behind the ball and Excellent Outing by their Pivot Marksmen Derry and Mbia Something i never saw In our team.

Would Blame Rafa for the loss, he was tactically cold and the Sentiment to Start with Frank and Marko when its apparent they're tactically not needed!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:40am On Jan 03, 2013
El Guapo: Nateevs U're never goin' to Win this against him trust Me, U Wont!

Win an argument you lost already? You made this argument in September.

This is no time to rehash your foolish theories. You theorised about how Ramires woulda closed midfield down, would use his speed to plug gaps and such and such. . . that was 4 months ago. . . .we have 4 months of EVIDENCE to show that your theories were a MONUMENTAL FAILURE!!

24 goals conceded in 12 games and 4 wins in 4 months for Mikel/Ramires partnership and knocked out of UCL. Im just humouring your foolish rehashing of old and FAILED arguments.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:44am On Jan 03, 2013
i thought chelsea would never lose with lampard in the team. ibime is a troglodyte with his moronic theories and brainless hypothesis. the wright-phillips goal was lampard's fault. the fat phuck was too slow to close down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:14am On Jan 03, 2013
Ibime:

Win an argument you lost already? You made this argument in September.

This is no time to rehash your foolish theories. You theorised about how Ramires woulda closed midfield down, would use his speed to plug gaps and such and such. . . that was 4 months ago. . . .we have 4 months of EVIDENCE to show that your theories were a MONUMENTAL FAILURE!!

24 goals conceded in 12 games and 4 wins in 4 months for Mikel/Ramires partnership and knocked out of UCL. Im just humouring your foolish rehashing of old and FAILED arguments.

I'm sorry mate. The reason we conceded that amount of goals was solely because of RDM. I am sick of how you praise Lampard when we win and quote isolated stats to back it up yet criticize others for losses even when Lamps plays in the same team. With the same players, Benitez has managed to stabilize things and stopped us from conceding goals. Yet you are still blaming others for those losses.

It's a simple thing people are trying to point out here. Lampard in the double pivot can be very harmful. You think he should be the first name on the team sheet. People are pointing out how Lamps was not quick to close down a player who was poised to shoot, you are blaming Mikel who didn't play and criticizing Ramires who only got introduced after the game was lost. The first instinct of a defensive minded player is to avert danger. You are making an excuse Lamps for pausing to stay on a man "without the ball" whilst exonorating him for not closing down the man "with the ball". What's even funny is that you ask me to blame Ivanovic - a player whose tactical position after a cross into the box is to be in the box to avert any aerial attack - all in the aim to shift blame.

When there's a win, you come out with stats whilst ignoring the underlying issues/factors responsible for a loss/win. In the Everton game with Luiz and Lampard in double pivot these are the stats:-

Passing
Luiz: 54 passes, 74% accuracy, 2 key passes, 9 long balls
Lampard: 49 passes, 61% accuracy, 2 key passes, 2 long balls

Various:
Luiz: 2 tackles, 4 interceptions, 6 clearances, 3 fouls, 2 aerial duals won, 1 shot.
Lampard: 2 tackles, 1 interception, 1 clearance, 0 fouls, 0 aerial duals won, 4 shots.

Minus the 2 goals, over the 90mins, in about the same position, Luiz contributed more than Lampard did offensively and defensively. Yes he came up with 2 goals but who knows what may have happened had Luiz not 4 interceptions, 6 clearances and aerial duels won? Maybe Lamps goals would have been a little too late.

Instead, you run here and tell us why we would not have won had Lamps not played. I personally will find a role for Lamps but only in a 4-3-3. Not ever in a 4-2-3-1. The number of times he gave the ball away yesterday was worrying for a defensively positioned player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:36am On Jan 03, 2013
This talk too much

Make we dance Iya Aladuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0O9aQ8ZkVw&feature=endscreen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:00am On Jan 03, 2013
chai Chelsea fans.

one loss and Rafa is now all sorts of bad to horrible? Rafa would school all your former coaches tactically all year long.

fact is he rotated and it cost him. but he had to. all the talk of closing the gap is bullshyte

YOU DUMBFOOKS WERE PLAYING AT HOME AGAINST THE BOTTOM TEAM WITH JUST A WIN.
if you can't rotate and trust your squad against that team, then whom are you going to rotate against? THAT WAS THE BOTTOM TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. WTF

u think Southampton would not have plumped you for four with that crap on display yesterday? seriously?

that said, lovely start to the year for you troglodytes. more of that eh.

small fates, so I still gained ground with my 1point, praise jah
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chamotex(m): 8:08am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

You must be a blind bat - who was late in coming out to close down SWP allowing him the freedom to score? Or has the phat affected your eyesight as well? cheesy

coogar: i thought chelsea would never lose with lampard in the team. ibime is a troglodyte with his moronic theories and brainless hypothesis. the wright-phillips goal was lampard's fault. the fat phuck was too slow to close down.

Chelsea is associated with obesity...
We have fat ibime, fat Frank and the fat waiter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kashmo: 9:53am On Jan 03, 2013
chamotex:

Chelsea is associated with obesity...
We have fat ibime, fat Frank and the fat waiter.
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin *dead*
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:10am On Jan 03, 2013
nateevs:
People are pointing out how Lamps was not quick to close down a player who was poised to shoot, you are blaming Mikel who didn't play and criticizing Ramires who only got introduced after the game was lost. The first instinct of a defensive minded player is to avert danger. You are making an excuse Lamps for pausing to stay on a man "without the ball" whilst exonorating him for not closing down the man "with the ball". What's even funny is that you ask me to blame Ivanovic - a player whose tactical position after a cross into the box is to be in the box to avert any aerial attack - all in the aim to shift blame.

Can you imagine the fat charlatan? The tactically aware Lampard preferred to mark two men who were posing no danger instead of closing down an impending shot? What a phoolishly moronic defence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2013
nateevs:
You are making an excuse Lamps for pausing to stay on a man "without the ball" whilst exonorating him for not closing down the man "with the ball". What's even funny is that you ask me to blame Ivanovic - a player whose tactical position after a cross into the box is to be in the box to avert any aerial attack - all in the aim to shift blame.

You talk a load of nonsense. The chance of QPR scoring from those two unmarked men with an easy pass from SWP if Lamps over commits is much greater than the chances of SWP getting his shot in from that distance. That's why Lamps paused to think about it instead of rushing straight out. Imagine someone telling me Ivanovic is not detailed to rush out. Is he the only one marking in the box? Are others not marking just like him including Lamps himself. The same way Ivanovic did not rush out is the same way Lamps paused to consider the man he was marking, everyone expecting of course that Mata whose job it is to block shots on the edge of the dee will cover his zone. . . so stop ranting nonsense.

Lamps has the highest rating on any website you wish to check for yesterday's game, so take off your rose-tinted glasses. You are obviously the only person who credited the goal to Lamps, not the hundreds of journalists who watched the match.

nateevs:
I'm sorry mate. The reason we conceded that amount of goals was solely because of RDM.

Can you imagine this same eediot who said RDM was too defensive and needs to "take off Lamps for Ramires to allow MaZaCar to play and solidify the midfield" now shytting on his very suggestion?

When you were blaming Lamps, you never claimed it was RDM's fault, you claimed it was Lamps.

Benitez has tightened up? Yes, and returning less points. I really like the way he tightened up against West Ham. Uuh. . . guess who was in midfield then (under the tight Benitez). . . Mikel and Ramires.

BTW, how come the first thing the "tightener" Benitez did was to drop Mikel? If you reckon he knows whats best defensively, then you best trust his judgement on Mikel who he tossed aside like a used rag for a young Spanish rookie and even an untested centreback. If those actions dont tell you he considers your beloved Mikel an utter defensive liability, I dont know what will. . . yet you are still here screaming Lampard.

Mugun, you change your mind from week to week. Please tell us about your fad from two weeks ago. . .

What happened to the vertical passes?

Did they teach Torres how to trap ball?

Have you changed your mind on that. . . or gone quiet as usual when your harebrained chat gets exposed on weekly basis.

That didn't last long, did it?

Mugun using corner kick to blame Lamps, meanwhile no word on the ONLY REASON we lost the game. . . .SHEKPE CANCER!

GTFOH!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
You talk a load of nonsense. The chance of QPR scoring from those two unmarked men with an easy pass from SWP if Lamps over commits is much greater than the chances of SWP getting his shot in from that distance. That's why Lamps paused to think about it instead of rushing straight out. Imagine someone telling me Ivanovic is not detailed to rush out. Is he the only one marking in the box? Are others not marking just like him including Lamps himself. The same way Ivanovic did not rush out is the same way Lamps paused to consider the man he was marking, everyone expecting of course that Mata whose job it is to block shots on the edge of the dee will cover his zone. . . so stop ranting nonsense.

And you are talking a load of rubbish. What distance? It was about 20 yards Ibime. How can it be hard getting it on goal. What's even worse is that SWP didn't even need to be accurate. He only had to pull the trigger and a deflection would take the shot in. THe shot had to be stopped. Full stop. I have no idea why you moving from post to pillar to make up excuses.

To your second point, Lamps was not the only player in the box. Had Lamps committed to closing down SWP, the chances of QPR scoring from a pass to one of his players in the box is slimmer because there were more Chelsea bodies in the box who were closer to the QPR men in the box than there were on SWP. Lampard was closest to the danger and hence had to react. If Lamps, closed the space, SWP would have had to make a pass instead. The resultant effect may or may not be a goal conceded however, the initial is averted. That is the responsibility of a defensive minded player. Stop making excuses.

Lamps has the highest rating on any website you wish to check for yesterday's game, so take off your rose-tinted glasses. You are obviously the only person who credited the goal to Lamps, not the hundreds of journalists who watched the match.

You are not only wrong about this, you are lying. Show the credible website that rated Lampard the highest.

You have managed to change this into an anti-Lampard campaign. It isn't. Everyone agrees, even opposition fans. Debo, Coogar and El Guapo are saying the same thing, you are claiming I am the only saying Lamps should have closed down.

What annoyed people more is you claiming it is almost impossible to lose without Lamps. First game after your misuse of stats, we lose and naturally people will call you out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Torres, I am not silent mate. I maintain the same stance. Show me where Lamps and his cohorts created one single chance for Torres yesterday in the first half. They created none. You are going on about how Torres cannot play in deep defense. Sorry mate, he cannot. What he can do, he does well and that is playing in between the lines. Same way Lamps cannot take the ball to the wings, beat a player with trick and cross the ball but you still call him the best midfielder in the PL even when the likes of Mata, Carzola and Fabregas can do that with ease. How poor do you think Lamps will turn out if you put him on the end of a 4-3-3?

So if you want Torres to work, you play to his strengths.

That said, Torres is not the only and best striker around. If you want a striker that can play with his back to goal, get out and buy one. Don't blame Torres for not being strong with his back to goal and claim Lampard is alright not being able to play on the wings.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
QPR had one Vital Player on the pitch lastnite in Taarabt and I think even the most staunch Chelsea fan will agree that he was outstanding for them. The deft touch to lay the ball into the path of SWP was sublime, now what does that Say?

I made mention of Ramires Playing to track him through the Course of the Game, knowing fully well that Lampard cant Just be Game on that task but here's what a Soccer Follower had to say On it :

Ibime: Who is this Taraabt you fear?

Taraabts movement is subpar for a no 8. In terms of off-the-ball running, he is one of the worst in his position in the Prem, thats why he never scores tap-ins or rebounds, only long range stunners. No midfield need worry unduly about Taraabt. The deadliest no8's that need worrying about are the likes of Dempsey, Fabregas, Mata, Lampard, Marchisio etc that keep running behind you and disrupting your shape. Taraabt does no such thing!!!

The only thing to fear from Taraabt is his dribbling, which is why Luiz as a decent man-to-man dueler can deal with him.

Rather, Mbia and Diakhite should be worrying about dealing with Mata/Oscar and Lampard's movement. . . which they cannot. . . as you could see, they were all at sea failing to track Jordan Henderson last match time and time again.

Finally, Im sorry to say Ramires should never be allowed near Chelsea central midfield EVER again!

So once again it's back to the drawing board for Rafa Benitez and for our title challenge. I saw a post on Twitter straight after the final whistle and it said:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
El Guapo: QPR had one Vital Player on the pitch lastnite in Taarabt and I think even the most staunch Chelsea fan will agree that he was outstanding for them. The deft touch to lay the ball into the path of SWP was sublime, now what does that Say?

I made mention of Ramires Playing to track him through the Course of the Game, knowing fully well that Lampard cant Just be Game on that task but here's what a Soccer Follower had to say On it :

This is the biggest load of crap anyone ever spewed on Nairaland.

Ramires to track Taraabt on a corner? In that case I guess not only would Ramires position on the corner have been marking Lampards man, Ramires would have also been positioned in Matas position to stop the header dropping yo Taraabt. This Ramires must be a wonderkid able to be in 2 places at the same time.

Pure nonsense. Taraabt posed zero threat on the counter and Ramires was definitely not needed to track hos runs cos he made none as QPR were stuck in their half the whole ninety minutes.

What's worse, Taraabt played as a no9 yesterday so I guess Gary Cahill shoulda been dropped so Ramires the omnipresent can play centre-back and track Taraabts non-existent runs.

2013 is only 3 days old and I believe this guy just posted an early contender for the post with the most wayward logic of the year. Taraabt was able to assist from a corner because Ramires wasn't on pitch to track his run.

This guy is a fool.

So once again it's back to the drawing board for Rafa Benitez and for our title challenge. I saw a post on Twitter straight after the final whistle and it said:
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
El Guapo: QPR had one Vital Player on the pitch lastnite in Taarabt and I think even the most staunch Chelsea fan will agree that he was outstanding for them. The deft touch to lay the ball into the path of SWP was sublime, now what does that Say?

Ramires to track Taraabt on a corner? In that case I guess not only would Ramires position on the corner have been marking Lampards man, Ramires would have also been positioned in Matas position to stop the header dropping yo Taraabt. This Ramires must be a wonderkid able to be in 2 places at the same time. This despite the fact that Ramires could never be in Lamps or Matas zone when the incident took place as his usual corner detail is to stand on the goalline.

Pure nonsense. Taraabt posed zero threat on the counter and Ramires was definitely not needed to track hos runs cos he made none as QPR were stuck in their half the whole ninety minutes.

What's worse, Taraabt played as a striker yesterday so I guess Gary Cahill shoulda been dropped so Ramires the omnipresent can play centre-back and track Taraabts non-existent runs.

2013 is only 3 days old and I believe this guy just posted an early contender for the post with the most wayward logic of the year. The ball dropped to Taraabt from the sky because Ramires wasn't on pitch to track his run?

This guy is a fool. No two ways about it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
nateevs: Had Lamps committed to closing down SWP, the chances of QPR scoring from a pass to one of his players in the box is slimmer because there were more Chelsea bodies in the box who were closer to the QPR men in the box than there were on SWP.

Nonsense. Everyone was on the other side of the box. They would have had enough time to score 2 goals if SWP had played em in before any Chelsea player reach there. SWP to score from 20 yards is not easy. 8 times out of 10, he cannot score from there.

nateevs:
You are not only wrong about this, you are lying. Show the credible website that rated Lampard the highest.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/81039/chelsea-fc-vs-qpr/player-ratings

Show me one single match report that lays fault at Lamps feet for the goal. . . search the whole wide web, you can't find none, just chatting crap on Nairaland.

nateevs:
What annoyed people more is you claiming it is almost impossible to lose without Lamps. First game after your misuse of stats, we lose and naturally people will call you out.

What nonsense! Your school fees need to be returned!!!

I have done a simple comparison of your Ramires' the magic bullet and shown simply:

With Lampard:

10 wins in 12

Without Lampard:

1 win in 8

This is hard facts to prove that your Ramires argument is flawed, and you are crowing on about "impossible to lose". Who said that, or are you uneducated?

nateevs:
Regarding Torres, I am not silent mate. I maintain the same stance. Show me where Lamps and his cohorts created one single chance for Torres yesterday in the first half. They created none. You are going on about how Torres cannot play in deep defense. Sorry mate, he cannot. What he can do, he does well and that is playing in between the lines.

What a bloody disgrace, foolish excuse for a worthless piece of self-service. He cannot play against deep defence, yet you want us to play to his strength against team that park the bus. How?

I thought mugun like you said Benitez was already playing to his strength with vertical passes. If Benitez of all people "cannot play to his strength" who can? Nateevs?

He has no forking strengths!

The nonsense you're chatting here na wetin boys dey use laugh. . .

Only mumu Nateevs still dey talk same nonsense that's become a running joke.

And what happened when he had the chance to bury the game? Oh yeah, it was just ONE chance I guess. . . like the "only three chances at West Ham", like Corinthians and all the other "one chance".

See wetin boys dey talk.

Nateevs, is he back? angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
nateevs: Regarding Torres, I am not silent mate. I maintain the same stance. Show me where Lamps and his cohorts created one single chance for Torres yesterday in the first half. They created none. You are going on about how Torres cannot play in deep defense. Sorry mate, he cannot. What he can do, he does well and that is playing in between the lines. Same way Lamps cannot take the ball to the wings, beat a player with trick and cross the ball but you still call him the best midfielder in the PL even when the likes of Mata, Carzola and Fabregas can do that with ease. How poor do you think Lamps will turn out if you put him on the end of a 4-3-3?

That said, Torres is not the only and best striker around. If you want a striker that can play with his back to goal, get out and buy one. Don't blame Torres for not being strong with his back to goal and claim Lampard is alright not being able to play on the wings.

So now lampard needs to tell a 50m striker that when he gets a chance he shoots low to a corner not just wildly like he did yesterday.

Simply law of Physics would tell that shooting low to a corner reduces the chance of interception by a keeper standing because the reaction time of the keeper to get down cant match the speed of the ball yet Torres of all options took the worst fired straight at a keeper from close range. Why did SWP shoot low yesterday instead of wild aimless Torres-like shots

I mean not even Thunder Balogun would try that with his jazzed left leg and expect a goal.

Or the delightful ball lobbed to him in the closing minutes which he failed to attack in the air like a number 9 should. Drogba kare lohun

How I wish that Matas corner in Munich went to the weakling Torres instead of a strong header of the ball like Drogba

Torres is plain useless end of
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
Now that Ba is coming there is hope of achieving something this season.

I can't blame Rafa for resting Mata and Hazard.
The team shouldn't be built around just few players. Others should pull their weight.

This is a rebuilding season. I don't expect too much.
Top 4 finish and a Capital One cup would do for me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ibime:

Ramires to track Taraabt on a corner? In that case I guess not only would Ramires position on the corner have been marking Lampards man, Ramires would have also been positioned in Matas position to stop the header dropping yo Taraabt. This Ramires must be a wonderkid able to be in 2 places at the same time. This despite the fact that Ramires could never be in Lamps or Matas zone when the incident took place as his usual corner detail is to stand on the goalline.

What's worse, Taraabt played as a no9 yesterday so I guess Gary Cahill shoulda been dropped so Ramires the omnipresent can play centre-back and track Taraabts non-existent runs.

2013 is only 3 days old and I believe this guy just posted an early contender for the post with the most wayward logic of the year. The ball dropped to Taraabt from the sky because Ramires wasn't on pitch to track his run?

This guy is a fool. No two ways about it.

. . .and I cant still Grab a Shiit Outta the Whole Crap undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
new year - same shit, everyday!
only a lunatic would blame torres for yesterday's loss. lampard was uber-useless! phat frank cannot close down at the edge of the box because he was too heavy to quickly do a job. this is why ramirez(premier league's best tackler) is handy in such games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
coogar: new year - same shit, everyday!
only a lunatic would blame torres for yesterday's loss. lampard was uber-useless! phat frank cannot close down at the edge of the box because he was too heavy to quickly do a job. this is why ramirez(premier league's best tackler) is handy in such games.

For the first time eva we're On same Lane -- Trying to talk sense into Someone i heard weighs __Kilos cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2013

Torres had the teams best chances and wasted it. If Torres has done what other sensible strikers do in front of opposition keeper We wont be having this conversation

Torres - 5
Torres just didn't show up today, plain and simple. He gave the ball away far too cheaply and was second best to so many balls. Chelsea lacked a cutting edge in front of goal against QPR and that's because their top striker went missing.

http://www.espnstar.com/editorial/news/detail/item915442/Chelsea-vs-QPR-Player-Ratings/

Demba Ba must be watching tonight and thinking "I could do better than that" when looking at Torres. The Spaniard has not been at his best, but his side are at least creating more chances for him now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
Torres: He looked disinterested against QPR and when his only shot of the game is a half-hearted attempt straight at the 'keeper, you have to wonder how this man has now seen off three different Chelsea managers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1466319-chelsea-vs-qpr-6-things-we-learned-from-chelseas-0-1-defeat/page/4

How can anyone who makes a living calling himself a striker shoot like that in that situation? Even mercy Akide would have done better

Benítez, in fairness, was not helped by Fernando Torres delivering one of his most anonymous performances. Demba Ba’s arrival will be timely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9775987/Shaun-Wright-Phillips-gives-QPR-fresh-hope-of-survival-with-only-goal-in-1-0-victory-over-Chelsea.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2013

A striker would be handy in such games. . .we dont need "Premierleague's best tackler against QPR". . . to tackle who. . . Shaun Derry?. . . one corner kick conceded cannot make Chelsea lose against QPR if not for a useless striker upfront, besides, like I told the fool ElGuapo who expects Ramires to play centre-back to track Taraabt's runs, Ramires would never be in Lampard or Mata's position to stop Taraabt or SWP cos Ramires stays on the post for corners with Ashley Cole.

I give you what shoulda been Chelsea's formation last night according to the eediot ElGuapo who believed that Taraabt made the difference because Ramires was not there to track his run by running into the sky to track the highball coming down to Taraabt:

Damn you Benitez! Why didn't you listen to ElGuapo and play Ramires at centreback to track his runs, afterall Gary Cahill and Ivanovic were unable to track his runs even when he was isolated against 4 defenders, he kept running behind them! Dont you know that Ramires would run into the sky and track the ball as it was coming down on the corner! Benitez out! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ibime Sounds Like a Parafan Seriously grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
so in a nutshell, chelsea lost because torres did not score? this is tunnel vision at its best.....chelsea lost because they conceded - the match could have ended 0-0 had lampard closed down his man instead of his laboured attempt. the match stats have proven what i need to know. chelsea made 26 goal attempts - only 2 on target, 13 off target and 11 of their attempts were blocked.

torres made only 3 attempts of the 26. he had one shot on target, one shot off target and one blocked shot. 23 attempts were made by the other players in the team. how then can we blame torres for chelsea not scoring last night when he had only 3 attempts at goal?

in perspective,
torres(3 goal attempts)
suarez(7 goal attempts)
hernandez(6 goal attempts)
lukaku(6 goal attempts)
defoe(7 goal attempts)
aguero(6 goal attempts)

dayo, it's amazing how the astute can analyse stats and how some of youse imbibe the herd mentality like sheep. chelsea create far too little for torres to impose himself. that's the stats across the league in game week 21 and torres had the least chances created for him in the top 6. if the benchmark of a striker's chance conversion is 25% and he only gets 3 chances.....how many goals would he score? 0.75 goal? grin i reiterate - only a lunatic would blame the loss last night on torres!

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (19806) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mykcool(m), Itsrm(m), Noah13 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.