Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,744 members, 7,895,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:30 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10920458 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (19680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
dayokanu:

Your assessment of the new Torres under Benitez in todays game?

I thought he was average. He didn't lose the ball as frequently as he does many times. He put himself about and was involved in a lot link play. My disappointment with him were

1. His first touch unto a fine David Luiz pass.
2. Hitting the keeper on a clear chance (although he was offside)
3. Allowing Distin to catch up after being through on goal.

That said, I notice these things because I am focusing on every Torres move. If I did for every player, I will see as many crucial mistakes including Lampard who scored both goals.

My honest assessment.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
nateevs:

I thought he was average. He didn't lose the ball as frequently as he does many times. He put himself about and was involved in a lot link play. My disappointment with him were

That said, I notice these things because I am focusing on every Torres move. If I did for every player, I will see as many crucial mistakes including Lampard who scored both goals.

My honest assessment.

E be like say the new year holds better things cos at last you don dey talk honestly.

But when a player scores he gets pardoned for other things e.g Not one person would notice anything Walcott did wrong yesterday.

Even players like godlike Messi with his goals would still be at less than 50% conversion which means he missed more than he scoresbut he would be forgiven
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Lol. . .
Torres is back
abeg, where exactly is he?

Dude does disappearing act against decent teams.
smh @ that guy.
About time we bought another striker. Hopefully, he'll get playing time unlike studge
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
dayokanu:

E be like say the new year holds better things cos at last you don dey talk honestly.

But when a player scores he gets pardoned for other things e.g Not one person would notice anything Walcott did wrong yesterday.

Even players like godlike Messi with his goals would still be at less than 50% conversion which means he missed more than he scoresbut he would be forgiven

I will like to believe that except it only holds true when this forum is not discussing Torres. If I am right, it is the reason Torres watch was started. According to Ibime, Torres may go on and score 25 goals this season however, he started Torres watch to watch the number of games Torres actually does well even if he scores. .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
nateevs:

My honest assessment.
Bruv,
You couldn't help yourself.
You just had to insert lampard somewhere.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
OMO IBO:
Bruv,

At least he accepted Torres messed up and not that it was the passers that hated him and didnt give him the ball well

Thats an improvement

Lampard scored 2 non Penalty goals today sha and won the game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
What More Can i Say, Frank Simply Vital to Our Course!

You cant Jxt take away that Character from him, bringing the goodies when it matters Most and that hunger to fight for Us - Hope the board Just get to bend their 'Policy' this time!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
haters are going to hate - there are too many buffoons on this forum so it's expected. not even van persie scores in every game. torres would get a 7/10 mark from his display today. his link up play was excellent as usual and without him, lampard wouldn't have scored the first goal. the 90th minute chance was a poor ball from oscar....the pass took torres away from the goal and distin made an excellent block. distin was already running towards torres before oscar released the ball, oscar shouldn't have released the ball when he did......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
OMO IBO:
Bruv,

Insert Lampard somewhere for what purpose?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Benitez reports Petr Cech
has a muscle injury and
will be scanned to assess
how long he will be out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
nateevs:

Insert Lampard somewhere for what purpose?
You tell me.
lampard was our saving grace today but for some reason he had to get a mention.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
OMO IBO:
You tell me.
lampard was our saving grace today but for some reason he had to get a mention.

Look at this joker. . . I should tell you!
You claim I couldn't help myself having to insert Lampard somewhere even though I said . .

nateevs:
Lampard who scored both goals.

Now you expect me to explain the agenda behind your own post? Dude go and lie down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Great fight today , and i think its a good sign for the second half of the season, we keep it steady , we will finish in 2nd position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar: haters are going to hate - there are too many buffoons on this forum so it's expected. [size=18pt]not even van persie scores in every game[/size]. torres would get a 7/10 mark from his display today. his link up play was excellent as usual and without him, lampard wouldn't have scored the first goal. the 90th minute chance was a poor ball from oscar....the pass took torres away from the goal and distin made an excellent block. distin was already running towards torres before oscar released the ball, oscar shouldn't have released the ball when he did......

Except that RVP has 14 goals and Torres has half of that in more minutes

Oscar gave him a bad pass, Luiz gave him a bad pass.

Na only him dey field? The goals Lampard scored were from 100% comfortable positions? Is he a statue that he cant adjust?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
dyabman: Great fight today , and i think its a good sign for the second half of the season, we keep it steady , we will finish in 2nd position.

second position? the 2 manchester sides are well and above the other clubs in the division. united's 2nd half of the season is very favourable....the big sides we are playing away from home is spurs and arsenal.....others are coming to old trafford to get räped.

dayokanu:
Except that RVP has 14 goals and Torres has half of that in more minutes

torres would have scored as many if not more if he's a united player. united feed their lead strikers from season to season. remember when ruud was here and we were tagged a one-man team. then it was ronaldo, and then rooney and then berbatov and now van persie.

Oscar gave him a bad pass, Luiz gave him a bad pass.

oscar brain-farted. it was 2 players against distin. the distance between torres n distin was shorter than the distance between oscar n distin. distin already had his back turned to oscar cos he knew oscar would pass the ball to torres and predictably oscar did just that.

Na only him dey field? The goals Lampard scored were from 100% comfortable positions? Is he a statue that he cant adjust?

the first goal was a good cross from ramirez. it was torres who rescued a lost cause, took baines out of the equation n fed ramirez(who was in space n had the time to float a delightful cross). the second goal was a pin-ball. that ball could have dropped anywhere on the pitch. nothing special!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar: haters are going to hate - there are too many buffoons on this forum so it's expected. not even van persie scores in every game. torres would get a 7/10 mark from his display today. his link up play was excellent as usual and without him, lampard wouldn't have scored the first goal. the 90th minute chance was a poor ball from oscar....the pass took torres away from the goal and distin made an excellent block. distin was already running towards torres before oscar released the ball, oscar shouldn't have released the ball when he did......

buhahahahahahahaha

hohohohohohohohoho. Lmao

Some people never give up.

#OFFICIAL Torres has a PRO on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
#FACT

Torres played a vital role in the build up to the two goals - we can never take that away from him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
Join me in thanksgiving

After playing half of the season with ten and a half men (10 1/2) men. CFC are third on the EPL table, with a game in hand.

11pt behind ManFixing utd & 4 behind Man city.

Cheers !!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
Which of the following statements are false?

Ashley Cole - already on strike awaiting his free transfer

Ramires - good runner, great spirit, horrendous footballer

Torres - horrendous footballer

Luiz - midfield experiment still just an experiment for now till he learns some midfield basics

Lampard - Finished!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
I wonder what a decent Center-Forward would have done with the chances created today

*WINKs* @ the prospects of JAN 2013.

#SAY-NO-TO-FUTURE-EXCUSES-AND-MATHEMATICS
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ibime: Which of the following statements are false?
Lampard - Finished!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ Ibime

lampard - finished
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
nateevs:

Look at this joker. . . I should tell you!
You claim I couldn't help myself having to insert Lampard somewhere even though I said . .

Now you expect me to explain the agenda behind your own post? Dude go and lie down.

oh shoot. .
bruv, why you all defensive now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ibime: Which of the following statements are false?

Ashley Cole - already on strike awaiting his free transfer

Ramires - good runner, great spirit, horrendous footballer

Torres - horrendous footballer

Luiz - midfield experiment still just an experiment for now till he learns some midfield basics

Lampard - Finished!

lampard is finished!
2 dodgy goals against a tired everton side does not remove the fact that fat frank is finished. giggs is still scoring at age 39 - does it mean he's not finished? chelsea fans and their tunnel vision. torres scores a brace and they berate his effort as flash in a pan.....lampard gets a brace and all of a sudden, lampard is world class!

a swallow does not make a summer, you bastards!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
dayokanu:

Do you pardon Torres when he scores? You come up with asinine comments like 'meaningless goal', 'goal that doesn't matter' 'only penalty goal' 'tap in' amongst others. You don't give him any credit even when he delivers.

nateevs:
I will like to believe that except it only holds true when this forum is not discussing Torres. If I am right, it is the reason Torres watch was started. According to Ibime, Torres may go on and score 25 goals this season however, he started Torres watch to watch the number of games Torres actually does well even if he scores. .

Correct - even on Torres' best days, he will still be criticised beyond the pale. No one is holding other strikers up to the same standards as Torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
Demba BAA. . could it be?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar:

lampard is finished!
2 dodgy goals against a tired everton side does not remove the fact that fat frank is finished. giggs is still scoring at age 39 - does it mean he's not finished? chelsea fans and their tunnel vision. torres scores a brace and they berate his effort as flash in a pan.....lampard gets a brace and all of a sudden, lampard is world class!

a swallow does not make a summer, you bastards!!!

Who did Toores score a brace against?

Lampards goals were the only ones scored by the team vs 6th placed team. Remind us the last time Torres scored the decisive goals vs a top side
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
debosky:

Do you pardon Torres when he scores? You come up with asinine comments like 'meaningless goal', 'goal that doesn't matter' 'only penalty goal' 'tap in' amongst others. You don't give him any credit even when he delivers.

And which of them is false? When Torres start scoring crunch goals like the last min goal vs the defending champions Man City or all 3 goals to snatch victory from Southampton
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Whether all ye oloriburukus admit it or not, d koko b say Torres na abirun! Simples!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 11:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
AlterEgo™:
undecided undecided undecided
Whether all ye oloriburukus admit it or not, d koko b say Torres na abirun! Simples!
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2012
EPL Record

With Lampard:

10 wins in 11 games (1 draw against QPR)

Without Lampard:

1 win in 8 games

But some boys think say Lamps na the problem.

When a player gets older, he gets castigated a lot, but Lamps remains the fittest guy on the team in terms of ground covered per minute, take it or leave it!!!

No 1 on teamsheet for me. . . ALWAYS!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 12:07am On Dec 31, 2012
Ibime: EPL Record

With Lampard:

10 wins in 11 games (1 draw against QPR)

Without Lampard:

1 win in 8 games

But some boys think say Lamps na the problem.

When a player gets older, he gets castigated a lot, but Lamps remains the fittest guy on the team in terms of ground covered per minute, take it or leave it!!!

No 1 on teamsheet for me. . . ALWAYS!!!
Wa gbayi!

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (19680) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CAPdan21(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.