Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,770 members, 7,927,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:28 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11093040 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (19804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2012
Liverpool's interest in Sturridge is long-standing and it is believed terms have been agreed for a £12 million move when the transfer window opens in 10 days' time.

The imminent transfer of the forward follows months of speculation and weeks of discussion between the two clubs. It was initially thought Sturridge would join the Merseyside club in the summer but Chelsea's failure to sign another striker scuppered the deal.

Midfielder Thomas Ince should also return to Anfield in January, just 18 months after he was sold to Blackpool. The two clubs are still haggling over the price with Blackpool asking £6 million for the England Under-21 star.

Meanwhile, Stewart Downing may not be leaving the club in January after Brendan Rodgers suggested the winger could become a first-team regular.

Downing played a starring role in Liverpool's 4-0 thumping of Fulham at Anfield, prompting Rodgers to clarify that he did not want the England international to leave.

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1275230
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
what a beautiful header by torres!!!

cheiiii - how the anti-torres crew must be having ulcers now is making me laugh!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ope oooo

Torres score
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
he appears to be regaining some of his old form but fact remains that most of his recent goals have not been through just "vertical" passes and quick release from the Chelsea half.he is scoring the same chances he has been missing for almost 2years.Torres problems were of his own making and only he can solve them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
afrodoc: he appears to be regaining some of his old form but fact remains that most of his recent goals have not been through just "vertical" passes and quick release from the Chelsea half.he is scoring the same chances he has been missing for almost 2years.Torres problems were of his own making and only he can solve them

God bless you. We ask what's different in the chances created now. Only Torres can solve his own problems
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
afrodoc: he appears to be regaining some of his old form but fact remains that most of his recent goals have not been through just "vertical" passes and quick release from the Chelsea half.he is scoring the same chances he has been missing for almost 2years.Torres problems were of his own making and only he can solve them
You see what we have been stressing all this time. I am still asking if the 'service' has improved or is Torres finally seizing the initiative
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
oh well....
the troglodytes are already shifting the post. when torres wasn't scoring - the excuse was he wasn't bought to assist or 'keep the shape' or tackle. when torres started scoring - the excuse was he scores meaningless goals(after the game has been won). torres scores the first goal today and the excuse is he has not scored from vertical passes even when he scored his goal tonight from an early release....

will torres ever win? how many goals has he scored for chelsea now? dayo - the joke is on you. we need to see torres goals/game ratio - the same stats you bandied here that got you declaring torres as the worst striker in the league. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Please we just won 8-0. Make una kill these shekpe keeper yarns, make we dance jigolo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ibime: Please we just won 8-0. Make una kill these shekpe keeper yarns, make we dance jigolo

i don't expect anything else from you
if chelsea had lost 0-2 then the blame would have fall squarely on nando's shoulders, isn't it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ibime: Please we just won 8-0. Make una kill these shekpe keeper yarns, make we dance jigolo

Have you seen Chelsea stats with and with out Lampard ??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Have you seen Chelsea stats with and with out Lampard ??

Lamps has won 7 out of 8 epl games he's played! Let's watch Luiz performance against a better team. If Luiz can do what I expect from a player in that position then Lamps/Luiz might be the partnership till season end.

coogar:

i don't expect anything else from you
if chelsea had lost 0-2 then the blame would have fall squarely on nando's shoulders, isn't it?

You want me to dance alanta because he scored one goal in a walkover? Where was he against Corinthians and every tough game this season.

I haven't watched today's match but I know he hasn't stopped falling over, dribbling himself and controlling the ball like a paraplegic. Na these things go matter next time the next big game comes around.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2012
He scored in a 8:0 rout scored vs Monterrey scored vs hopeless teams
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
We scored 5 goals in 30 mins with Torres off the pitch

3 goals in 60 mins with Torres on the pitch.

Anyone who was there knew we were much better when Torres left,

^^^^That's what I'm hearing from a caller on 606 right now. . . and I don't doubt it!!!

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ibime:
You want me to dance alanta because he scored one goal in a walkover? Where was he against Corinthians and every tough game this season.

when did villa become a walkover? do you have amnesia? i am sure villa have taken more points off chelsea than man utd in the last 6 seasons. he scored the first decisive goal that set the tempo of the game. i am not asking you to dance alanta cos he scored but don't throw your toys out of the pram when he doesn't.

I haven't watched today's match but I know he hasn't stopped falling over, dribbling himself and controlling the ball like a paraplegic. Na these things go matter next time the next big game comes around.

he was bought to score goals - according to dayokanu, bluediva, el tarado guapo, lalaboy, etc......as long as he scores, falling over, puking, farting, shitting himself and holding his waist should be irrelevant.

Ibime:
We scored 5 goals in 30 mins with Torres off the pitch

3 goals in 60 mins with Torres on the pitch.
Anyone who was there knew we were much better when Torres left,
^^^^That's what I'm hearing from a caller on 606 right now. . . and I don't doubt it!!!

only fools analyse football this way.
games are usually cagey in the first half and then stretches later on. the issue of fatigue, morale destruction and other variables also apply. at 0-0 or 1-0, there's everything to play for but after the 3rd goal, villa threw in the towel and chelsea could have scored 20 if they wanted to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Lampard has now broken Bobby Tamblings league record of 129 goals.

One word - LEGEND!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
Good win but not too big a deal. This was a match we were supposed to win and we did. Happy days. grin
AV don suffer for Chelsea hand...when was it we beat them 7-1? 2 seasons ago?

Anyways, I'm happy for Piazon (though he missed a penalty) and boy, is Luiz dazzling in the midfield position! Let us see him in that position against a stronger opposition and I hope them goals didn't dry up this evening. cheesy

Any transfer news so far? authentic ones I mean.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 24, 2012
. . .And Coogar wont allow Us to Savor our Win, no be me force U get a Point at Liberty Stadium Oo grin

14 Goals Scored In Jxt 5days, Luiz doing Wonders In the Midfield, Piazon enjoying almost 17mins of gametime and having an assist to his Name, and not to forget - Torres On the Scoresheet - Frm a Perspective, i'ld Say Rafa Is Winning Over Us the fans! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 24, 2012
FBS: Good win but not too big a deal. This was a match we were supposed to win and we did. Happy days. grin
AV don suffer for Chelsea hand...when was it we beat them 7-1? 2 seasons ago?

Anyways, I'm happy for Piazon (though he missed a penalty) and boy, is Luiz dazzling in the midfield position! Let us see him in that position against a stronger opposition and I hope them goals didn't dry up this evening. cheesy

Any transfer news so far? authentic ones I mean.

Seems Like its Benoit Assou-Ekotto Coming In as Cole's replacement, no Enviable Gist On Sturridge Replacement cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 6:13am On Dec 24, 2012
TEAM OF THE WEEK

GK: Adam Federici (Reading)
DEF: Dwight Tiendalli (Swansea)
DEF: Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle)
DEF: Robert Huth (Stoke)
DEF: Patrice Evra (Manchester United)
MID: Stewart Downing (Liverpool)
MID: Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)
MID: David Luiz (Chelsea)
MID: Victor Moses (Chelsea)
ST: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
ST: Victor Anichebe (Everton)

Manager: Rafa Benitez (Chelsea)

Chelsea did well this week.....Torres making the team of the week is classic cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2012
Most Assists in 2012 (Club + Country):

Mesut Ozil - 29
Juan Mata - 27
Franck Ribery - 26
Cesc Fabregas - 24
Lionel Messi - 23
Andres Iniesta - 23
Eden Hazard - 22
Andrea Pirlo - 22
Karim Benzema - 22

Again two chelsea players.....i cant even see a manutd player or arsenal player there on that list....We are the only one representing England cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:41am On Dec 24, 2012
Great game yesterday , morale boosting type of game , we needed such confidence facing our next game . .

Against Norwich , he(Rafa d Gaffa) should stick with that formation , Torres again will get the first goal, i'll bet !
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 7:41am On Dec 24, 2012
I just hope this victory by a great margin spurs them on to do more. With the great potential in this team, it saddens me still what happened against Corinthians. I wanted that WCC trophy so badly mehn. Its all good tho. We should close this huge gap between us and top spot soon...and fast
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^^ Yes that should be our consolation this season , we should finish strong , 2nd at least !
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 24, 2012
dyabman: ^^^^ Yes that should be our consolation this season , we should finish strong , 2nd at least !

Doin' Xploits On FPL -- With ya Stoke Ninjas at the Defenseline, Wondering how u keep Getting away with those Suspensions cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 24, 2012
If Chelsea wins the outstanding match, the gap between us and United would just be 6 points. The title race may just be a 3-horse race.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2012
CFCfan: If Chelsea wins the outstanding match, the gap between us and United would just be 6 points. The title race may just be a 3-horse race.

If CFC win the outstanding match against southampton. As things stand, CFC would be 8 points behind man u.

And 4 points behind man city,

and 5 points ahead of the pack (arsenal, everton, westbrom, totenham ...)

The only way your math above is feasible, is if new-castle get points from man u (boxing day) and chelsea beat norwich (boxing day) and southampton (out-standing).

Cheers !!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 11:58am On Dec 24, 2012
Can anyone please explain

why MOSES always pause, and suddenly begins to dance AZONTO with the ball @ the flanks.

what happened to fluidity in attack

Very annoying :@

#JUST-TO-VENT-MY-FRAUSTRATION-AT-A-TALENTED-YOUNG-MAN
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
smell:
Luiz is young fast and strong, he aches for the ball and it is clear to all that he wants to score above all.

A defender is not supposed to be like that, he isn’t supposed to
hunger for goals, our (because I also am a defender) joy lies in interceptions, in blocking the ball on the line, in that last minute tackle that stops the attacker dead.

We concentrate on mentally crippling the attacker and enabling our keeper to have a a safe game.

This isn’t what Luiz does, this isn’twhat he is. He’s good in defence but he isn’t a european defender, he’s a defender from Brazil..- He dribbles attackers (who don’t exactly care because most are terrible defenders and have plenty of people behind them)- and passes the ball like a genius (pass to Hazard against Leeds). He does this as a defender mind you so what does happens when he loses the ball? (Goal for Leeds).

Of course someone COULD cover for him, but when he has more pace and technical ingenuity than the guy in front of him, why not give him a chance? Push him up the field and what do you get?

You get this crazy haired geezer, who’s bursting of energy, who’s always positive, who just wants to play and win a match.

You’ve got someone who leads by example. You’ve got a geezer who knows the coach has thought about his position and decided that his offensive skills (passing and duels) are top-drawer but that coach also knows that this geezer has the defensive skills to correctly back up his defence if they ever go roaming forward (which the article states is a key part of our strategy).

Cahill, Iva and Terry are all central defenders. They are all known as scorers (Cahill and Iva especially love running forward, just need to see a match to acknowledge this).

No need to buy new defenders either, Nathan Ake is strong for his age and Jeffrey Bruma is doing great for Hamburg give him another year and Ake another two and we’ve got great back up for Iva, Cahill and Terry. An easy solution to a complex problem? Yes I believe it is, but it is said that the easiest answer is most often the right one.

A comment on ↓

Source :

http://chelseafc360.com/2012/12/23/luiz-in-midfield-easy-solution-to-a-complex-problem/?replytocom=7490#respond
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
It's good that Torres is scoring.
We still need a striker in Jan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
I hope Torres scoring would make Chelsea forget about buying another striker so all their eggs would be placed in the Torres basket
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
app_lord:

A comment on ↓

Source :

http://chelseafc360.com/2012/12/23/luiz-in-midfield-easy-solution-to-a-complex-problem/?replytocom=7490#respond

Nice article on David Luiz. However I disagree that Jefferey Bruma is doing well. Also while Nathan Ake is one good defender to watch out for, the closest young defender to a place in the 1st team is Tomas Kalas and then Nathaniel Chalobah.

Although the quality of the opposition is still nothing to make a proper conclusion on, I believe Ibime should now at the very least apologize to me for all the insults for me suggesting David Luiz in midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
chelseabmw: Most Assists in 2012 (Club + Country):

Mesut Ozil - 29
Juan Mata - 27
Franck Ribery - 26
Cesc Fabregas - 24
Lionel Messi - 23
Andres Iniesta - 23
Eden Hazard - 22
Andrea Pirlo - 22
Karim Benzema - 22

Again two chelsea players.....i cant even see a manutd player or arsenal player there on that list....We are the only one representing England cheesy

there are 2 chelsea players on this list, but some folks will have us believe.chelsea midfield dont pass d ball, have they been assisting ghosts?

anyway now torres is back what has changed? the vertical passes, the tap ins? what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (19804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lateefGRDT(m), JayromWrites and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.