Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,653 members, 7,926,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 02:46 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11090463 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (19804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2012
app_lord: Sheke keeper is not the only culprit here

A decent, box-box, visionary defensive midfielders (not ramires that likes to run through 5 players)

with the ability to transit the ball from the defenders and supply the offensive trio in record time.

Not forgeting full-backs that can actually attack and give mazacar depth.

DM definitely needed that cam combine the possession game of Mikel with the speed and energy of Ramires.

We have all the fullbacks we need. If the team plays in the opponent half, they can do that. It all depends on team set up. All we need is a striker and two DMs that can cover the fullbacks if they commit forward and that can control possession also.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ibime:

TORRES should be responsible for all these basic skills of footie:

Look beyond your pathological hatred for Torres for a moment Ibime - yes he failed to score, but the reports indicate he got into good positions, took shots, worked the keeper, etc and even scored a 'route-1' type header by exerting some 'physical presence' (ultimately disallowed) that didn't involve the much maligned vertical pass.

Torres scored for the first time in 3 consecutive games for Chelski - the odds of him scoring in a fourth on the bounce were quite small - but it would be curmudgeonly not to acknowledge the effort/performance of Torres on the night - not good enough I agree, but a great improvement in keeping with what we've seen in the last 3 games.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
As of today...
The so called master of cup/knock out games a.k.a Rafa games blew it. Failed his very first BIG test. How is he any better than RdM?
Someone said money wins everything...really? how come the 50 milla pounds rubbish couldn't score when it mattered most?
Most of the players showed no desire to win at all. The "better" win won it.
In your face RA. Knee-jerk reactions ain't always the best. The club is obviously getting what it deserved. NOTHING!

Let the season roll on...

PS: At least Hazard is definitely improving on his defensive duties. Good to see.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
debosky:

Look beyond your pathological hatred for Torres for a moment Ibime - yes he failed to score, but the reports indicate he got into good positions, took shots, worked the keeper, etc and even scored a 'route-1' type header by exerting some 'physical presence' (ultimately disallowed) that didn't involve the much maligned vertical pass.

Torres scored for the first time in 3 consecutive games for Chelski - the odds of him scoring in a fourth on the bounce were quite small - but it would be curmudgeonly not to acknowledge the effort/performance of Torres on the night - not good enough I agree, but a great improvement in keeping with what we've seen in the last 3 games.

All this grammar despite not watching the match.

All the things I've listed are weaknesses in Torres game which he showed in abundance yesterday and showed in the 3 games prior.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ibime:
All the things I've listed are weaknesses in Torres game which he showed in abundance yesterday and showed in the 3 games prior.

He showed weaknesses in games prior yet scored 5 goals - is your opposition to Torres results-based or simply personal?

Is your issue his 'weaknesses' or his end-product?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
debosky:

He showed weaknesses in games prior yet scored 5 goals - is your opposition to Torres results-based or simply personal?

Show me his results over the last 2 years, then I would ask you whether its results based.

Its result based, shapekeeping based, tactically based and whatever else you want to term it. That nigga cant play football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ibime:

Show me his results over the last 2 years, then I would ask you whether its results based.

Its result based, shapekeeping based, tactically based and whatever else you want to term it. That nigga cant play football.

Backward looking analysis to the last 2 years is counter productive considering all the mitigating factors - Torres should be judged on this season's performance and on that basis he is showing signs of improvement. The next 4-5 games will show if that is just another false dawn or something substantial.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
I did tell Coogar and Nateevs not to Pop the Champagne too Soon Over Torres Comeback -- I've seen the Chap Come Good and Still crawled back to his Shell.

I've had a Visceral Assessment On the Dude and would simply say this anyday anytime -- Torres aint Gon be Like the Former!

Gracia
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by codedguy1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
Where is switch?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
Away from the Chagrins that are Putted Up against Our 50Big Something, I still think Corinthians did enough to get the Win, not minding Our missed Chances, the Brazilians putted up fine demonstration of defensive football through clever positioning and pressing and from what i believe that's Good enough to get a Win.

They Rode On their Luck, the game was played at the tempo they wanted, it was clear they ‘won’ the battle of the tempo, turning it into a slow, patient match. There were two parts to their approach – with and without the ball. In possession, when there was no opportunity to counter-attack, they simply held onto the ball for long periods, and we moved back into a solid defensive shape, not pressing high up the pitch, and letting the likes of Paulinho and Ralf knock the ball around casually, and they prevented Our attackers from having a significant influence on the game.

The real question from the second half was why Benitez persisted with his starting XI for so long. The logic in starting Moses was sound, but if Chelsea were unable to get the ball to him (some odd, narrow runs from Moses hardly helped, and made his role in the side pointless), it clearly wasn’t working. It was amazing that Oscar – a player who could have lifted the tempo of the game, and prompted some fluidity and counter-attacking from Chelsea – was only introduced at 1-0.

Benitez’s other two changes were also very late – Cesar Azpilicueta replaced Branislav Ivanovic to offer more thrust from right-back on 82 minutes, while Marko Marin replaced Hazard on 86 minutes. The changes were both (a) unadventurous and (b) very late, which makes Benitez’s decisions difficult to understand. undecided

Someone gotta still tell me why RDM got SACKED!
angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
El Guapo: Away from the Chagrins that are Putted Up against Our 50Big Something, I still think Corinthians did enough to get the Win, not minding Our missed Chances, the Brazilians putted up fine demonstration of defensive football through clever positioning and pressing and from what i believe that's Good enough to get a Win.

They Rode On their Luck, the game was played at the tempo they wanted, it was clear they ‘won’ the battle of the tempo, turning it into a slow, patient match. There were two parts to their approach – with and without the ball. In possession, when there was no opportunity to counter-attack, they simply held onto the ball for long periods, and we moved back into a solid defensive shape, not pressing high up the pitch, and letting the likes of Paulinho and Ralf knock the ball around casually, and they prevented Our attackers from having a significant influence on the game.

The real question from the second half was why Benitez persisted with his starting XI for so long. The logic in starting Moses was sound, but if Chelsea were unable to get the ball to him (some odd, narrow runs from Moses hardly helped, and made his role in the side pointless), it clearly wasn’t working. It was amazing that Oscar – a player who could have lifted the tempo of the game, and prompted some fluidity and counter-attacking from Chelsea – was only introduced at 1-0.

Benitez’s other two changes were also very late – Cesar Azpilicueta replaced Branislav Ivanovic to offer more thrust from right-back on 82 minutes, while Marko Marin replaced Hazard on 86 minutes. The changes were both (a) unadventurous and (b) very late, which makes Benitez’s decisions difficult to understand. undecided

Someone gotta still tell me why RDM got SACKED!
angry

Please lets not complain. . . these are switchback tactics. . . that is what Emenalo employed him to do in order to release vertical passes. . .

It was obvious the only way to break Corinthians was by positioning high-up and playing tippy-tappy cos they gave no space to counterattack. In previous years when we had muscular players, we would have beaten em with counterattack and crosses, but from the moment Benitez ruled out tippy-tappy as a style of play in order to profit TORRES, the MaZaCar's have been de-optimised. . . what we now have is Hazard and such playing style of play more suited to Kalou, Malouda and Antonio Valencia.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ibime:

Please lets not complain. . . these are switchback tactics. . . that is what Emenalo employed him to do in order to release vertical passes. . .

It was obvious the only way to break Corinthians was by positioning high-up and playing tippy-tappy cos they gave no space to counterattack. In previous years when we had muscular players, we would have beaten em with counterattack and crosses, but from the moment Benitez ruled out tippy-tappy as a style of play in order to profit TORRES, the MaZaCar's have been de-optimised. . . what we now have is Hazard and such playing style of play more suited to Kalou, Malouda and Antonio Valencia.

The Idea in Bold I'll buy -- But everything mustn't be Emenalo, IB

I still don't know how vast u understand the Chelsea Backroom System
undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
El Guapo:

The Idea in Bold I'll buy -- But everything mustn't be Emenalo, IB

I still don't know how vast u understand the Chelsea Backroom System
undecided

You mean Emenalo was not behind this. . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151724/Roman-Abramovich-rebuilding-Chelsea-Pep-Guardiolas-arrival--Neil-Ashton.html

"Abramovich is making the final decisions based on Chelsea’s scouting network and the analysis provided by the club’s director of football Michael Emenalo.

Under discussion is 4-2-3-1, a bespoke system that will be used purely for the benefit of Fernando Torres.

Chelsea’s £50m striker will be at the top of it and there will be a three-man supply line stationed right behind.

It will be a huge cultural change, especially for some of the players who came to rely on the ball sticking to Drogba in times of trouble.

The talk at the training ground is of ‘switch back’, a tactical trap that will be set next season for opposition defences.

They intend to draw the opposition away from their own penalty area, pushing up towards the halfway line before Hazard, Juan Mata or former Werder Bremen winger Marko Marin releases Torres for a one-on-one through on goal.

It is a system that will be borrowed from Liverpool after a study of Torres’s goals revealed that 56 of his 81 strikes for the club were scored in similar circumstances.
"

Which manager was on ground in the training ground in May when Emenalo was planning "switchback"?

When Emenalo did his investigation that Torres only scores from switchback, which manager was on ground?

Who was fighting with RDM every day for failing to get the best of Torres. . . supposedly by playing "switchback"?

"Di Matteo’s relationship with technical director Michael Emenalo was already strained, but it was stretched to the limit by the pressure to get Torres among the goalscorers."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236606/Roberto-Di-Matteo-sacked-Chelsea-Roman-Abramovich-Inside-story-Neil-Ashton.html#ixzz2FKG2zAv7

Abegiii!

RDM is now long gone, yet no one can show me the balance that Emenalo built or which midfield any manager can decide on as a good midfield to carry Chelsea.

In Benitez first press conference, why did he keep mentioning Emenalo's name every sentence and mentioning the different briefings that Emenalo gave him?

Now that he has the right manager to implement his fantasies, is his "switchback" or "vertical passes" leading Chelsea anywhere?

You are telling me I dont know the backroom system and maybe the Technical Director was not at fault for all these.

Who was responsible? Bruce Buck? grin grin grin

Please. . . when does the spotlight turn on the incompetent Technical Director. . . the manager who he told us is capable of implementing his infantile fantasies based on his faulty tactical knowledge is failing. . . when do we start questioning him?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
Well, IB I never questioned ur knowledge of Our backroom Operations, i Only Questioned how Vast they Were grin

Nice detailed Info u've got up there, little wonder u'll keep giving Emenalo the Demons On here - But One thing is enviably confusing here bro, such a Simmering issue that i would waste Bytes trying to get a glaring answer - Are the Board Initiating all these Plans/projects to Give us a Promising future Or to get Torres Scoring? Jxt WonderinG
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
Calm down ladies. It's the daily mail for heaven's sake. Rebuilding is never as easy as it seems. It became apparent that we had to dismantle and begin again. It can't all be rosy. On the road to a new solid team, there will be pain, near misses and things will be gotten utterly wrong. However, with persistence, there's joy in the end.

So instead of all the name-calling and blaming, enjoy the moment, take the positives and hope for the best. We are doing a good job at rebuilding.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Rebuilding abi destroying angry

Ninja spent nigh on £200m over 2 years and someone is talking of rebuilding.

There is no rebuilding going on or needed. Some eediot impostor posing as a technical director got his squad terribly wrong. The ninja only needed do what we asked him for in the summer - buy a decent DM and give the manager options for when shekpe keeper fails. A striker who can ACTUALLY PLAY FOOTBALL. Now the eediot is taking his foolishness further with his vertical passes nonsense. Can Vertical Passes teach your useless shekpe keeper to trap the ball?

Is it not the mumu "switchback" he brought Benitez to play that we're playing aka vertical passes. Keep talking of Daily Mail while Benitez already told us in his first press conference repeatedly what Emenalo asked him to do. I dont need a psychic to tell me its the same switchback abi "vertical passes" plastic fans of Torres FC were singing about.

Nateevs, have we seen our solid central midfield partnership yet, or is there just none at the club? We are already in December o.

Emenalo is an eediot. They should demote him back to scout.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
Wait sef, when did Emenalo say he wanted vertical passes? See guys attributing comments to a guy without quotations.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2012
I don't see any destroying going on to be honest.

We have a fabulous young goal keeper in Thibault Courtouis. I'm sure you've already seen the links with Barcelona. THe whole of Spain is raving about him.

In defense, a good, strong base in Cahill, Bran, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Azpilicueta and Wallace to join next season. Then there's Tomas Kalas on loan - a very good defender - even at only 19. Nathaniel Chalobah - the impressive young kid at Watford is doing very well.

In midfield, the purchases of Hazard, Mata and Oscar cannot be a mistake. We also have Kevin De Bryune and McEachran doing very well. Moses and Marin and squad players.

This is rebuilding. Not destroying.

Now I know that this is hardly enough as we are poor in numbers in attack and midfield needs a bit of bolstering. We also need strength, experience, balanced with good technique and guile in attack and midfield but hey, that's why it's called rebuilding. You never get it right first time around because it's a phased process. Fortunately for us, we have an owner who is not shy at flashing his wallet so there is no disaster.

There will be more players added, young ones will get more experience and next season will be the season we actually challenge seriously. Let's all calm down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
Chelsea cant get it right as long as the shekpe Keeper is leading the lines.

What they need is just to do away with torres and get a top quality striker
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2012
nateevs: I don't see any destroying going on to be honest.

We have a fabulous young goal keeper in Thibault Courtouis. I'm sure you've already seen the links with Barcelona. THe whole of Spain is raving about him.

In defense, a good, strong base in Cahill, Bran, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Azpilicueta and Wallace to join next season. Then there's Tomas Kalas on loan - a very good defender - even at only 19. Nathaniel Chalobah - the impressive young kid at Watford is doing very well.

In midfield, the purchases of Hazard, Mata and Oscar cannot be a mistake. We also have Kevin De Bryune and McEachran doing very well. Moses and Marin and squad players.

This is rebuilding. Not destroying.

Now I know that this is hardly enough as we are poor in numbers in attack and midfield needs a bit of bolstering. We also need strength, experience, balanced with good technique and guile in attack and midfield but hey, that's why it's called rebuilding. You never get it right first time around because it's a phased process. Fortunately for us, we have an owner who is not shy at flashing his wallet so there is no disaster.

There will be more players added, young ones will get more experience and next season will be the season we actually challenge seriously. Let's all calm down.

This sounds like what Wenger has been telling Gayyners for 8 years now. Great youngsters here and on loan yet flopping in everything.

You have just told us why Emenalo is a scout, now tell us why he is a technical director.

We don't want to hear nonsense about next season. You don't talk about next season with proven spine in the team like Terry, Ivanovic, Cech, Cole, Lampard and Mata with 100milla spent ontop. You must be madd!!

We have the players, experience and mentality to WIN this season, if only the TD knows how they fit together and buy the right players to complement them in DM and striking department. Nigel De Jong and Wilfred Bony alone is enough to render this team champions.

We don't give ninjas 200milla to tell us about the future. Nonsense!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
^^ Are you getting paid for mentioning Wilfred Bony's name in every post? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ibime:

This sounds like what Wenger has been telling Gayyners for 8 years now. Great youngsters here and on loan yet flopping in everything.

You have just told us why Emenalo is a scout, now tell us why he is a technical director.

We don't want to hear nonsense about next season. You don't talk about next season with proven spine in the team like Terry, Ivanovic, Cech, Cole, Lampard and Mata with 100milla spent ontop. You must be madd!!

We have the players, experience and mentality to WIN this season, if only the TD knows how they fit together and buy the right players to complement them in DM and striking department. Nigel De Jong and Wilfred Bony alone is enough to render this team champions.

We don't give ninjas 200milla to tell us about the future. Nonsense!

Nigel De Jong must have been on astronomical wages. Wages that will not justify his inclusion in the team. While it is easy for City to move him on to Milan and pay part of his wages, they won't do the same for a potential rival in Chelsea. So while you think Emenalo didn't consider that, he may have.

There's nothing to justify that Bony will cut it on the big stage. Kalou was scoring heavily in the Dutch league and bullying them. So was Mateja Kezman.

Chelsea under Frank Arnesen opted for the cheap, age 15 to 20 footballers. Spending cheap and hoping they turn out to be good. We spend over £1m a season on the academy and apart from Josh in recent years who's knocked on the door of the first team, no other player has. The system has largely failed. A new method is being adopted - Under 23s who may come in a bit pricey but are ready to walk into the first team and more importantly have decent resale value. In 10 years, Chelsea made a profit on the sale of only one player - Robben. That's bad squad management. It's not ONLY about winning.

This is why we pay £20m on players and they still may not be able to take us to the next level YET.

About Emenalo being a TD, I will not be the first to call Emenalo a seasoned TD. He isn't. However, what he's done so far, for me, he's done reasonably well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2012
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2012
Squad players, youth teams, loans, its not all about winning?

Chai wenger has infected london with his brand ooooooooo. I suspect it is in d water.

Meanwhile me sef dey suspect ibime and his wilfried bony campaign tinzz o. R u an agent affiliate?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:23am On Dec 18, 2012
nateevs:
Nigel De Jong must have been on astronomical wages. Wages that will not justify his inclusion in the team. While it is easy for City to move him on to Milan and pay part of his wages, they won't do the same for a potential rival in Chelsea.

Nigel De Jong was on £70k a week which is less than Obi.

He wanted a big pay and thats why Man City sold him, but rest assured he is not earning anything more than £100k in Milan and Citeh are not subsidising anything.

There are several names out there. I only chose Nigel De Jong because he is the closest match to the kinda player Chelsea need. A player who can receive the ball off the back four, and has the energy, intelligence, speed, and tenacity to cover. Plus the most important criteria - he has a winning spirit!!!

The second closest match to what Im looking for woulda been a dude like Axel Witsel. Then we coulda been talking about Fernandao or Steven Defour who are less perfect matches. We could be talking of Neustadter if we are really broke and looking for free transfer.

Thats for DM. For CM, I woulda been copping Dembele NO DOUBT!!!

It doesnt matter what player I name, the underlying fact is that Emenalo has the complete worst fits in midfield to play the system that optimises the team's qualities.

You have finally acknowledged that Emenalo got it wrong this season after 6 months of argument which is good enough for me. Whatever you might yarn about next season doesnt concern me right now because next season, Emenalo would still be calling the shots. We would not be talking of weakness in Central mid and striker next season, we would be talking of left-back as well.

He has no flavour of the personalities in the squad, the need for winners and team-spirit, the tactical balance, the need for physical strength, and he has no perception of the morale of the team. All he is doing is playing fantasy footie. . . and doing it badly.

I would remind you how Moratti sunk £1bln into buying the best players for InterMilan in the 90s and early 2000s but never achieved anything because he had no tactical knowledge of what he was doing. . . although he was signing good players. . .Bergkamp, Recoba, Djorkaef, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ronaldo, Zamorano, Aaron Winter, Roberto Carlos, Angloma, Ventola, Sebastian Frey, Vieri, Panucci, Conceicao, Adriano, Crespo, Almeyda etc. . . you name it. . . he had no clue how they fit together. . . just signing good players like a SCOUT not a Technical Director

Every action Emenalo has taken this season has led to events harmful to morale of players, whether you are talking of Hazard (being played too deep), Oscar (dropped to find balance), Cole and Lampard (thrown away), Studge (benched unfairly) and anyone forced to play stupid tactics to accomodate Torres. Not to mention his stewpid squad planning cost the club stability and led to managers being sacked, players losing position with all the upheaval and a general circus.

This season is breeding a crop of players who dont care about the club. By next season, you would not be looking for positions to fill, you would be looking for CHARACTER cos players dont care no more. No one can play for Torres FC and give his best. Fairness is always key to morale.

It would take a character like Mourinho or Guardiola now to give these players any sense of purpose again, get rid of non-performing cancers and morale-killers like Torres, stamp his authority on Abramovic and Emenalo, get these players organised and caring again.

So forget about next season and what might or might not happen.

nateevs:
There's nothing to justify that Bony will cut it on the big stage. Kalou was scoring heavily in the Dutch league and bullying them. So was Mateja Kezman.

Those ninjas you mentioned are baby giraffes like Torres. They have no touch, no balance and fall over themselves. Wilfred Bony will make it anywhere because he has superb ball control under pressure aligned with strength and is currently IMO, only second to likes of Berbatov and Ibrahimovic at receiving the ball with his back to goal. If you cant see that, you know jack about footie.

And by the way, Im just pulling out names. Even Lukaku and Sturridge gives Chelsea a chance to be champions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWodin3QOk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:20am On Dec 18, 2012
HEEY!! na wah for Ibime and this Bony issue ooooo.

abeg, me sef wan join the campaign team o.. ibime, how far?

Anyways the chap does have this "drogba" look and feel about him. i remember when Drogba was gonna be signed from france then. it had this "really?, who is he? can he meet up" thing going on. plus the fee was reasonably outrageous for that time.

Ibime just make a sign Bony placard and go stand in front of cobham every morning. surely emenalo will see u
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2012
debosky: ^^ Are you getting paid for mentioning Wilfred Bony's name in every post? grin

Lol -- Bet u cant even deal with my Madness for Aguero, its called 'Special Preference' cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
@Ibime,

I watched that Bony video when Tomas Kalas first spoke abut Chelsea buying him in November. He does have balance and technique. Two things I always desire in a player. That said, I don't think you ever watched Kezman in a PSV shirt. He was utter class with insane technique, balance and incredible composure in front of goal. On the big stage it turned out different.

On Emenalo.

This is too much stick the poor dude is getting. If there are TDs that know how a team fits, there cannot be more than a handful of them. Most of them are a step over a scout. Most TDs are employed because of their ability to spot talent and they do just that - lure talent at the best prices possible. Many of them are in fact, HEAD OF THE SCOUTING NETWORK. So trying to scold Emenalo for not possessing skills that most of his mates don't anyway is always a step too far. At least Frank Arnesen didn't. Talking about luring talent. Since July 2011 Emenalo became TD, these are the players he's brought in.

Marin
Hazard
Azpilicueta
Moses
Oscar
Courtois
Romeu
Lukaku
Mata
Meireles
Cahill
De Bruyne
Bamford.

Just before Emenalo,

Torres
Luiz
Benayoun
Turnbull
Zhirkov
Matic
Sturridge
Ramires
Miniero
Quaresma

In my opinion, Emenalo in doing what most TDs do, has done fantastic. Alright, he can do more but so can anyone else. Plus he's only been there over a year. There's no disaster as far as I am concerned.

On Emenalo with Torres.

Torres joined 6 months before Emenalo became TD. Torres is Chelsea's biggest investment ever in a single player. One of the highest earners ever in a blue. I an imagine what Romans instructions were to Emenalo, MAKE IT WORK. So if Emenalo is buying players to enable the best in Torres, how has he done wrong? If you want to take anger out on anyone, you need to visit Roman's office. Unless you want to call Emenalo an eediot for not calling Roman's bluff and walking out. Why should he?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 12:58am On Dec 19, 2012
really RA is the chief of chelsea's instability
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
nateevs:
Torres joined 6 months before Emenalo became TD.

Wrong use of information. . . Emenalo was Head Scout and personally recommended Ramires in summer 2010, so Emenalo has had transfer input/oversight long before he became TD. . . Arnesen was powerless in his last year and announced he was leaving by November 2010, good 8 months before the end of his contract.

Not pinning Torres' signing on Emenalo. . . but Emenalo is the Agama lizard for Roman. . . nodding head like a lackey and telling him how he will make Roman's foolish fantasies a reality. . . typical hungry man runs, just trying to survive. . . nobody would employ him outside Chelsea.

Roman decided he wanted more power. . . thats why he refused to replace Arnesen (who had since become powerless), sending his trusted Man Friday, Emenalo to provide cover for him.

Emenalo, go and become Carlotti's assistant and spy for me. . . Yes Sir.

Emenalo, I like this player Torres, provide me analysis and tactics why I should justify this Torres guy. . . . Yes Sir.

nateevs:
This is too much stick the poor dude is getting.

Shuuush negro. . . Emenalo is not a charity case to feel sorry for him. . .

Infact he is getting no stick at all. He is hiding under the anonymity of TD and Chelsea's cloak and dagger management structure where no journalists can prove categorically who is behind what decisions. . . .can you imagine Benitez being accredited with letting Lamps and Cole leave?. . . whilst he has nothing to do with the decision. . . just goes to show that the general public don't know who calls the shots, otherwise Emenalo would be crucified for several infractions this season. . . and rightly so!

Forget Torres signing which we can all attribute mostly as a Roman event. . . Emenalo has got his central midfield terribly wrong. . . he's now getting his switchback tactics terribly wrong. . .

nateevs:
This is too much stick the poor dude is getting. If there are TDs that know how a team fits, there cannot be more than a handful of them. Most of them are a step over a scout. Most TDs are employed because of their ability to spot talent and they do just that - lure talent at the best prices possible. Many of them are in fact, HEAD OF THE SCOUTING NETWORK. So trying to scold Emenalo for not possessing skills that most of his mates don't anyway is always a step too far.

Nonsense talk. . . if you give a manager no say at all in his team, or in finding out what he needs, then you must take all the flak for weaknesses in personnel/positions.

With the way Chelsea managers are constantly disrespected by upper management, Emenalo has no Get out of Jail free Card.

If Vilanova tells Barca TD, I need a DM with such and such qualities and that can also play centre-back. . .the Barca TD will look through his list and say "I've got Javi Martinez and Alex Song". We can only afford Alex Song. . . that's how TD's work.

But Emenalo fancies himself as the manager. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ok -- Its Sturridge to Liverpool in a 12m Fee, who's Coming In? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (19804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.