Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,558 members, 7,895,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10917587 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
dayokanu: Did anyone see Steven Fletchers goal just now? while Fernandud keeps waiting for service on plates

torres was scoring such for fun jare when he had teamies that understood him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 8:01am On Dec 12, 2012
happy birthday victor moses

.....its not such a bad day to have one's birthday....(12.12.12) cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Havilah93: happy birthday victor moses

.....its not such a bad day to have one's birthday....(12.12.12) cheesy

Cant believe that Dad is a Year Older than Moi cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
dayokanu: Once again I have shut the pro Torres camp with incontrovertible fact that Torres is useless. The least clear cut chance conversion among top strikers

Torres has the worst minute per goal of all the strikers compared, Tied for the least shot on target with Giroud, , Has the lowest shots off target (What we have been saying Torres is too timid to take shots) The worst min/per shots on targe

Mate, No you didn't. Sometimes it's silly to keep an argument on when it's clear that there will no common ground on opinions. I did ask for facts from A-40 to prove Torres' low conversion rate and the stats were provided to show Torres' low CCC rate. I will not be intellectually dishonest (one for Ibime) and argue senselessly. So I drop that.

However the low conversion rate argument is a digression off the real argument. Is it true that there haven't been enough chances for Torres?

Why does Torres have a low conversion rate? I proved that with my argument. The likes of Van Persie were enjoying 61 chances at scoring while Torres was being serviced a paltry 18 chances within the same period. This is damning evidence which I expect everyone to have a look at. If not for anything at all, at least for the sake of analysis. Analysis that prove I have been right for a very long time that Torres does not get as many chances as his peers in the league.

Following on with my argument that chances create more opportunities for goals and consequently confidence, (which by the way allows a striker to up the rate of CCCs), I am right to keep on arguing.

However, what's the point? We are never going to agree on this issue. So everyone knows each other's positions. Rather than being unruly and uncouth about the issues, we respect each other's positions and move on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Romeu is Out for 6Months and a Possible Move for Paulinho is On the Card.

In the Meantime, having Luiz Play in that Pivot with Either Ramires Or Lamps Or Mikel to me wouldn't be a Bad idea. Against the Nords when we were 5-1 Up he moved In there, Looked really Solid and his Passes were Just Perfect, maybe a Starter would just be it.

What do U Guys think?
undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
nateevs: Mate, No you didn't. Sometimes it's silly to keep an argument on when it's clear that there will no common ground on opinions. I did ask for facts from A-40 to prove Torres' low conversion rate and the stats were provided to show Torres' low CCC rate. I will not be intellectually dishonest (one for Ibime) and argue senselessly. So I drop that.

However the low conversion rate argument is a digression off the real argument. Is it true that there haven't been enough chances for Torres?

Why does Torres have a low conversion rate? I proved that with my argument. The likes of Van Persie were enjoying 61 chances at scoring while Torres was being serviced a paltry 18 chances within the same period. This is damning evidence which I expect everyone to have a look at. If not for anything at all, at least for the sake of analysis. Analysis that prove I have been right for a very long time that Torres does not get as many chances as his peers in the league.

Following on with my argument that chances create more opportunities for goals and consequently confidence, (which by the way allows a striker to up the rate of CCCs), I am right to keep on arguing.

However, what's the point? We are never going to agree on this issue. So everyone knows each other's positions. Rather than being unruly and uncouth about the issues, we respect each other's positions and move on.

Does Torres have a role to play in getting these chances? Is he doing his own role in getting these chances? Is he making the needed runs to make these chances?

If the teammates pass to him but he chickened out of the shots, Would that have counted as a chance created?

Lets look at the goals on Saturday. First goal Hazard floated a ball in and Torres attacked it jabbin it in, If Torres didnt attack that ball would it have been a chance? No. So who is to blame in that situation? The Midfielder or the striker?

2nd goal, If Torres didnt step up to take that penalty, Would it have been recorded as a chance for him? So would we still blame the players for not giving Torres the chance?

3rd goal. Torres got a ball and turned instantly shooting on the crossbar before Mata turned in the rebound. When Torres got the chance, there were several options like laying the pass to an oncoming player assuming he did that would that have been a chance?

Torres due to his failures over the last two years has exposed his limitation and fragile ego has lost confidence that he won't even take chances when they are offered to him and If you dont shoot you dont score. Basically what I have been saying he is too timid to take shots

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
El Guapo: Romeu is Out for 6Months and a Possible Move for Paulinho is On the Card.

In the Meantime, having Luiz Play in that Pivot with Either Ramires Or Lamps Or Mikel to me wouldn't be a Bad idea. Against the Nords when we were 5-1 Up he moved In there, Looked really Solid and his Passes were Just Perfect, maybe a Starter would just be it.

What do U Guys think?
undecided

Saw the luiz playing DM too. He looked aiite!. . I know peeps on here be calling for him to played in that position for a long time. Maybe Benitez is the only one who understood our pain. . I think a loan move to cover mikel would be the best option rathe rthan spend some big dough on paulinho.. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Does Torres have a role to play in getting these chances? Is he doing his own role in getting these chances? Is he making the needed runs to make these chances?

If the teammates pass to him but he chickened out of the shots, Would that have counted as a chance created?

Lets look at the goals on Saturday. First goal Hazard floated a ball in and Torres attacked it jabbin it in, If Torres didnt attack that ball would it have been a chance? No. So who is to blame in that situation? The Midfielder or the striker?

2nd goal, If Torres didnt step up to take that penalty, Would it have been recorded as a chance for him? So would we still blame the players for not giving Torres the chance?

3rd goal. Torres got a ball and turned instantly shooting on the crossbar before Mata turned in the rebound. When Torres got the chance, there were several options like laying the pass to an oncoming player assuming he did that would that have been a chance?

Torres due to his failures over the last two years has exposed his limitation and fragile ego has lost confidence that he won't even take chances when they are offered to him and If you dont shoot you dont score. Basically what I have been saying he is too timid to take shots

you people keep repeating this same drivel....
if the chances are good enough, a striker shoots straight at goal. look at all the man utd gifs i have posted on this thread....why would rooney pass from the positions he found himself in the box? when torres got the ball against barcelona, why didn't he pass back or take the ball to the corner flag to waste time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
coogar:

you people keep repeating this same drivel....
if the chances are good enough, a striker shoots straight at goal. look at all the man utd gifs i have posted on this thread....why would rooney pass from the positions he found himself in the box? when torres got the ball against barcelona, why didn't he pass back or take the ball to the corner flag to waste time?

The ball against Barcelona where he got a chance 60meters from goal and the nearest challenger was 10meters away? You must be joking

When Rooney got the ball vs Citeh he had at least 2 defenders around him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
dayokanu:

The ball against Barcelona where he got a chance 60meters from goal and the nearest challenger was 10meters away? You must be joking

When Rooney got the ball vs Citeh he had at least 2 defenders around him

when rooney got the ball, he had one defender to beat....
he didn't even beat that defender, he shot on target....there was no one to pass to, ashley young was behind him.
the delivery from young was precise...he released the ball at the right time. oscar and hazard would have tried to beat a man and carry on into city's box and allowing city to reorganize their defence. watch football with your common sense.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
coogar:

when rooney got the ball, he had one defender to beat....
he didn't even beat that defender, he shot on target....there was no one to pass to, ashley young was behind him.
the delivery from young was precise...he released the ball at the right time. oscar and hazard would have tried to beat a man and carry on into city's box and allowing city to reorganize their defence. watch football with your common sense.

When Rooney had the chance, There were several options . He could wait for backup, hold the ball and try and get a foul at least it was in a "dangerous position" but he took the initiative and he took the shot and he scored Thats what Torres lack
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
dayokanu:

When Rooney had the chance, There were several options . He could wait for backup, hold the ball and try and get a foul at least it was in a "dangerous position" but he took the initiative and he took the shot and he scored Thats what Torres lack

stop embarrassing yourself.....who waits for backup in a classic counterattack?
these situations are what the players deal with every training session. ferguson went to etihad with a plan. soak city's pressure in the opening exchange and launch a counter-attack when the opportunity avails itself. see the one touch passing between van persie and ashley young....see young's drive to motor into city's half and then the killer pass that had rooney one on one with a defender/goalie. in counter-attacks, players don't wait for back up as it defeats the purpose. learn your football.

torres said:
You can see very clearly we don't pass the ball as much in the final third, play more direct and exploit the pace with Victor Moses or me or Eden Hazard and use the quality of Juan Mata and Oscar in middle. We're attacking more, creating more chances and working as a team. It takes time when new manager comes but the results gives us more confidence which is what we need now'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:20am On Dec 13, 2012
nateevs:
This is easily explainable as Torres did not always enjoy a monopoly of the striker's position last season Even at that his conversion rate should not be so low! 2/18 is too low for a striker of Torres's calibre
This season even with sole monopoly the difference has only been marginal! His conversion rate has still been abysmally low! A striker you can't trust with little cannot be trusted with plenty. And that's not to factor the moves that could have metamorphosed to chances if not for Torres being Torres

nateevs:

I wonder what Dzeko would have to say about this. In any other club Torres would be riding the bench! He is a lucky ninja. I can only imagine where Torres would be in the scheme of things if he had to jostle for playing time with legit strikers like RVP,Tevez,Aguero,Dzeko,Chicharito,Balotelli etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2012
Finally, someone else believes David Luiz should be played in mid-field. Let's see how it turns out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2012
Rafa takes this seriously. MaZaCar behind Torres and Mikel/Luiz in DM.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2012
Nice play. Mata goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
Folks including myself clamored for David Luiz to play in the midfield and now suddenly, Rafa can now "see" our wisdom and he is doing very fine so far.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Cesar should bera buckle up!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
More like an exhibition game. Very comfortable first half.

Chelsea 1 - 0 Monterrey

Half Time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
FBS: Folks including myself clamored for David Luiz to play in the midfield and now suddenly, Rafa can now "see" our wisdom and he is doing very fine so far.

It just makes sense doesn't it?

Nice play Hazard, Torres goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
massive deflection but who cares.
Torres scores!

Chelsea cruising so far...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
5h!t. Nice play from Torres. 3-0.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
nateevs:

It just makes sense doesn't it?

Nice play Hazard, Torres goal.
Really, I was wondering why it took so long! I bet we can manage some of the teams. cheesy

Goal.! Lovely play by Torres there!

3 zero! Mata ,own goal...who cares!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
Some cracking 5 mins of football. LOVELY!
Hazard, Torres, Mata, Luiz! wa se re!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
lovely. I'm enjoying this. Luiz doing massively well in the middle. one time pass. sharpish!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
FBS: lovely. I'm enjoying this. Luiz doing massively well in the middle. one time pass. sharpish!

He seems to be enjoying himself doesn't he? Like suddenly he has shackles taken off him.
What's more important is that he really does have something to offer in the position - very good vision from deep.

What needs to be worked on is his attitude towards tracking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
nateevs:

He seems to be enjoying himself doesn't he? Like suddenly he has shackles taken off him.
What's more important is that he really does have something to offer in the position - very good vision from deep.

What needs to be worked on is his attitude towards tracking.
Very well said. I agree with this.
And we just look like scoring every time we go forward!

Meanwhile, poor play from Torres there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
That was a BEAUTY of a pass from Mikel. Reminds me of the 05 Mikel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
The Legend a.k.a the General is coming on. Lamps!
Huge Ovation!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
Lamps in, David Luiz out.
There's lots of love for Lamps on this side of the globe.

The noise was crazy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
FBS: That was a BEAUTY of a pass from Mikel. Reminds me of the 05 Mikel.

Exquisite. Straight line stuff.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hazard tracking back and chasing down his opponent. I like this.

Mata off
Paulo F. IN

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, chidekings(m), afrodoc2 and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.