Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,572 members, 7,926,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:42 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11088611 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (19803) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 10, 2012
Long long tory.

Nothing has changed at Chelsea, same passes, same everything.
Two major changes are Luiz no longer dashes forward and Moses now starts in place of Oscar.

Benitez has somehow found a way to motivate the dud or he is going through one of those 'Torres is back' phase.
Either way, i like it, after all he was bought to score goals not keep shape.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
We just have to wait for the next goal-less run so we can have another excuse as to how the team doesnt support torress enough. .

Same ninja that misses open goals, one on ones etc. I'd rather say it as it is. He's been poo poo. The problem is with him! Not the team!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
hoping emenalo or whoever is in charge will do the needful come January. i.e get a striker. Every player needs some kind of competition.
At the moment, the "central" striking role belongs to only one player and that ain't right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
lalaboi: We just have to wait for the next goal-less run so we can have another excuse as to how the team doesnt support torress enough. .

Same ninja that misses open goals, one on ones etc. I'd rather say it as it is. He's been poo poo. The problem is with him! Not the team!

Na wa for una - all strikers go through barren runs, but I'm sure the moment Torres doesn't score for a couple of games, y'all will be all over him like white on rice. Torres can't win with NL Chelski fans. sad

As for missing open goals - RVP yakubued a decent chance two weeks ago but wasn't constantly lampooned for it. E saanu aje. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
debosky:

Na wa for una - all strikers go through barren runs, but I'm sure the moment Torres doesn't score for a couple of games, y'all will be all over him like white on rice. Torres can't win with NL Chelski fans. sad

As for missing open goals - RVP yakubued a decent chance two weeks ago but wasn't constantly lampooned for it. E saanu aje. cheesy
RVP has 41 goals in less than 1 and a half seasons
Torres only has 12 you don't expect us to flog them with the same pankeere

Isn't this like the 4th barren run of Torres since joining Chelsea? Has he shown any consistency? A couple of games indeed! You expect everyone to be quiet when your highest paid striker goes scoreless for months!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
A-40:

RVP has 41 goals in less than 1 and a half seasons
Torres only has 12 you don't expect us to flog them with the same pankeere

Agreed, but they are both strikers who should be given certain allowances is all I'm saying which should include missing the occasional sitter. I'm not disputing that Torres has underperformed.

What I'm talking about is giving a player a fresh start. Yes it's another of many, but given that he is the highest paid striker who isn't going anywhere soon, it's worth giving him that fresh start.

Isn't this like the 4th barren run of Torres since joining Chelsea? Has he shown any consistency? A couple of games indeed! You expect everyone to be quiet when your highest paid striker goes scoreless for months!!

I said a couple of games as you noted - I never said anyone should be quiet 'for months'.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
BlueDiva: The issue is that Torres is his own problem, not the team nor the manager.
Only him can decide to be a dud or a world class player.

Exactly Lady, Something i Once wrote about On here as 'Psychosis' -- Though from a Tactical Point of View, Rafa have really Influenced his Game cool

BlueDiva:

Chei, see insult.
I nor blame you sha. I blame NL

Not Just NL Dear, Me think the Dude missed out on loads of Substantial Home Training -- Believe Me! wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
This A40 dey make too much sense even as he is not a Chelsea fan. O boy take a drag frm my blunt.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
BlueDiva: Long long tory.

Two major changes are Luiz no longer dashes forward and Moses now starts in place of Oscar.

Benitez has somehow found a way to motivate the dud or he is going through one of those 'Torres is back' phase.
Either way, i like it, after all he was bought to score goals not keep shape.

create chances for him and he would score. you keep repeating nonsense over and over again like a donkey speaking in tongues. no striker does it all by himself. you saw rooney's goals yesterday - which of them was due to his individual brilliance? my grandmother would have scored both goals with her eyes closed - if the delivery is decent, strikers would score tap-ins!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
Coogar Stop Posting Sh1tz Here Ok -- Your Pundits Suck. . .More Sentimental than anything I could think Of.

I've been a Torres Fan right from his Days at Athletico as a Captain and down to his Days at Mersey side, Torres haven't been good these past Months and that's a Fact, has got nothing to do with Creating Chances for Him, dude was engulfed in a Mystery League Of his Own.

Though It was clear that Torres needed to change the way he played or Chelsea needed to change the way they played for the striker to thrive and there was evidence that Rafael Benitez has got us working on a method, slightly different to what we've been using.

The more direct play through the middle gave Torres more of an opportunity to hold the ball up and bring others into the game against Sunderland. He held the ball up much more efficiently which allowed others to make runs past him and allowed Chelsea to keep the ball moving forward as opposed to it going backwards.

These changes also ensure we can maintain our system of playing one striker in attack and flooding the midfield with our creative players. we need to be direct because Torres doesn’t have the pace and trickery any more to beat central defenders.

Like I said, it's important that we do not get carried away with Torres in the last two games. If he can build on those performances and the team continue to evolve their style to suit him, we could see Torres really hit the ground running. Problem is, we have seen glimpses of all this before and we have seen what has happened since he has been here.

One game at a time for now with Torres is the way forward but we do have to give Benitez credit for what he has changed so far!.

Carefree & KTBFFH!
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
BlueDiva: Long long tory.

Nothing has changed in one breath, and then she lists two 'major changes' in the next. . . .na wa! cheesy

I suggest you watch MOTD and listen to the analysis of Alan Shearer regarding the 'differences' in Chelski's (both Torres and teammates) attacking play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
debosky:
Nothing has changed in one breath, and then she lists two 'major changes' in the next. . . .na wa! cheesy

I suggest you watch MOTD and listen to the analysis of Alan Shearer regarding the 'differences' in Chelski's (both Torres and teammates) attacking play.

i can write everything bluediva knows about football on a mustard seed! grin

El Guapo: Coogar Stop Posting Sh1tz Here Ok -- Your Pundits Suck. . .More Sentimental than anything I could think Of.

torres was in the zone in the first place because chelsea did not play to his strength. the underperformance led to his lack of goals which then culminated into his lack of confidence!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
Gaggi: This A40 dey make too much sense even as he is not a Chelsea fan. O boy take a drag frm my blunt.

Lol its been eons I tried that ish but if its Cohiba we are good. A little Absolut,Uncle Jackie or Belvedere would make sense as well

debosky:

Agreed, but they are both strikers who should be given certain allowances is all I'm saying which should include missing the occasional sitter. I'm not disputing that Torres has underperformed.
All strikers miss a sitter or two but if they frequently bang in goals more often than not it becomes a non-issue. Who would talk about Falcao or Messi missing a sitter with their strike rates?

debosky:
What I'm talking about is giving a player a fresh start. Yes it's another of many, but given that he is the highest paid striker who isn't going anywhere soon, it's worth giving him that fresh start.
This is like the 4th manager already. Hehe how many fresh starts does this ninja need?

debosky:
I said a couple of games as you noted - I never said anyone should be quiet 'for months'.
I didn't know you meant that literally you know for Torres a couple of games can also be a couple of months
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
A-40:

Can you explain why his chance conversion ratio is so damn low?

Your whole post boils down to this. Low conversion rate my yansh! I am supposed to take this because you said it right? This is another of the long list of "unproven beliefs". Give us the stats of the number of chances that Torres has against conversion. This is the annoying thing about it all, you probably have never seen the stats before but you are confidently regurgitating what others have said. This is like the millionth thing you saying without back up.

Find the stats. Let's compare to other strikers, only then can you confirm that it is low. Before that, I am not following the gullible and swallowing what you have to say without proof.

Once again, you are the one who remains wrong until you can back up your claims.

Oya show us the stats.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
A-40:

This is like the 4th manager already. Hehe how many fresh starts does this ninja need?

As many as Roman Abramovich is willing to give him. Why peeps dey vex? Is it your money? cheesy

I didn't know you meant that literally you know for Torres a couple of games can also be a couple of months

Hehehe. . .I told y'all Torres isn't a mere mortal - na only Baba God wey fit talk say a day is like a thousand years. grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
May the yarning and analysis continue. . . all I know is Torres aint got it no more!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
now im pretty sure nateevs has not been following this argument.

or he simply sufers from selective amnesia.

go and check coogars posts. u will find ur stats there. the same ones he used to argue that chelsea dont create chances

smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
4llerbuntu: now im pretty sure nateevs has not been following this argument.

or he simply sufers from selective amnesia.

go and check coogars posts. u will find ur stats there. the same ones he used to argue that chelsea dont create chances

smh

Are you serious? You are making the point and not backing it up but I should go and find stats.
And I am the one doing selective retention?

Who do you think you are?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ibime: May the yarning and analysis continue. . . all I know is Torres aint got it no more!!

shut up, fat ibime.
your stance changes more than the british weather on football issues.

4llerbuntu:
smh

which stats are we talking about? clear cut chances?
do chelsea create those for torres? it's easy for any tool like ibime to come here and castigate torres for not scoring but are the chances laid on the plate for him? look at the last 4 goals rooney has scored for bleeps' sake - they were scored from clear cut chances....unlike the half chances chelsea fans expect torres to be scoring from. chelsea create 2-3 chances per game and baaaaaaang - they expect torres to score a hatrick from them when falcao himself only scores 1 out of the 4 chances he gets!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
This was Rooneys first goal yesterday. Was this a clear cut chance? Did he not have 2 defenders surrounding him before he created space to his right and got the shot away?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
coogar:

shut up, fat ibime.
your stance changes more than the british weather on football issues.

which stats are we talking about? clear cut chances?
do chelsea create those for torres? it's easy for any tool like ibime to come here and castigate torres for not scoring but are the chances laid on the plate for him? look at the last 4 goals rooney has scored for bleeps' sake - they were scored from clear cut chances....unlike the half chances chelsea fans expect torres to be scoring from. chelsea create 2-3 chances per game and baaaaaaang - they expect torres to score a hatrick from them when falcao himself only scores 1 out of the 4 chances he gets!

Oh Coogar you spoke too soon. The stats I am asking them to find is a proper nail to the cross.
In revealing that, several other things will be revealed.

That's the reason they won't find the stats. I await the responses.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
nateevs:
Your whole post boils down to this. Low conversion rate my yansh! I am supposed to take this because you said it right? This is another of the long list of "unproven beliefs". Give us the stats of the number of chances that Torres has against conversion. This is the annoying thing about it all, you probably have never seen the stats before but you are confidently regurgitating what others have said. This is like the millionth thing you saying without back up.
Find the stats. Let's compare to other strikers, only then can you confirm that it is low. Before that, I am not following the gullible and swallowing what you have to say without proof.
Once again, you are the one who remains wrong until you can back up your claims.

Oya show us the stats.
http://www.eplindex.com/7625/premier-league-strikers-comparison-opta-stats.html

These are for last season at the midway point

As you can see from this link Torres's strike rate is in the region of a washed Drogba,Anelka and another flop like Andy Carroll of this world. Even the much maligned Daniel Sturridge has double Torres's conversion rate. Out of 30 strikers or thereabout he is in the bottom 5
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
nateevs:
Oh Coogar you spoke too soon. The stats I am asking them to find is a proper nail to the cross.
In revealing that, several other things will be revealed.

That's the reason they won't find the stats. I await the responses.
Thank you for showing your hand obviously this is the intellectual dishonesty Ibime was talking about. After seeing his low conversion rate which I've put up to fulfill all righteousness you want to flipmode like Busta Rhymes abi. Lmao

debosky:

As many as Roman Abramovich is willing to give him. Why peeps dey vex? Is it your money? cheesy

Hehehe. . .I told y'all Torres isn't a mere mortal - na only Baba God wey fit talk say a day is like a thousand years. grin grin grin

I'm just telling ninjas to chill with this Papi got his swagger back talk. This aint the first time this is happening abi una don forget say Torres don go 24 hours without goal before? Should the goals dry up ninjas like Nateevs would go back to the same recycled excuse that I'm sure he has already drafted on his notepad as we speak.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
A-40:

As you can see from this link Torres's strike rate is in the region of a washed Drogba,Anelka and another flop like Andy Carroll of this world. Even the much maligned Daniel Sturridge has double Torres's conversion rate. Out of 30 strikers or thereabout he is in the bottom 5

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
I got the below from a Liverpool blog for last season figures

RVP 21%
Roone 23%y
Aguero 23%
BA 21%
Dempsey 15%
Adebayor 18%
Ciise 42% - Best
Balotelli 25%
Holt 22%
Jelavic 31%
Graham 18%
Torres 13%
Suarez 11% - Worst

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/315715-Chance-conversion-rates-premier-league-strikers
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
dayokanu: This was Rooneys first goal yesterday. Was this a clear cut chance? Did he not have 2 defenders surrounding him before he created space to his right and got the shot away?

rooney had one striker to beat when he received the ball.......it was ashley young that was surrounded, not rooney. if that was hazard or oscar, they would have taken that ball into city's box before passing it and by then rooney's chances would be gone as it would have allowed city to reorganise quickly! the more seconds taken to release the ball, the less clear cut the chance would be.

dayo, try again!

dayokanu: I got the below from a Liverpool blog for last season figures

RVP 21%
Roone 23%y
Aguero 23%
BA 21%
Dempsey 15%
Adebayor 18%
Ciise 42% - Best
Balotelli 25%
Holt 22%
Jelavic 31%
Graham 18%
Torres 13%
Suarez 11% - Worst

surprise surprise - torres is the only one who completed a full season and does not take set pieces out of that long list. you negroes should try again......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
A-40:

Look no further than this

Torres Michu and Suarez have the highest number of minutes and starts Yet Torres has the lowest clear cut chance conversion among those 3

Torres has the worst minute per goal of all the strikers compared, Tied for the least shot on target with Giroud, , Has the lowest shots off target (What we have been saying Torres is too timid to take shots) The worst min/per shots on target

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Look no further than this

Torres Michu and Suarez have the highest number of minutes and starts Yet Torres has the lowest clear cut chance conversion among those 3

Torres has the worst minute per goal of all the strikers compared, Tied for the least shot on target with Giroud, , Has the lowest shots off target (What we have been saying Torres is too timid to take shots) The worst min/per shots on target

even this stat is misleading.....
torres has added 2 goals more and he does not take set pieces...bar the pen on saturday. since this stat was published, tevez, giroud and defoe have fired blanks which would render these figures useless....

van persie, ba, suarez, defoe take penalties on a regular - penalty/freekick are clear cut chances(i hope you are aware)!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
coogar:

even this stat is misleading.....
torres has added 2 goals more and he does not take set pieces...bar the pen on Saturday
van persie, ba, suarez, defoe take penalties on a regular - penalty/freekick are clear cut chances(i hope you are aware)!

Every stat that shows us Torres is dud is misleading Fellaini Michu dont take penalties do they?

The stats was taken as at a week ago.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
dayokanu:
Every stat that shows us Torres is dud is misleading Fellaini Michu dont take penalties do they?
The stats was taken as at a week ago.

a week ago, torres has 4 goals - now he has 6
in that same week, some of the strikers on that list completed 90 mins and did not add to their goals tally - so you don't think the stats are misleading? compute the latest stats this week and get back to us!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
coogar:

a week ago, torres has 4 goals - now he has 6
in that same week, some of the strikers on that list completed 90 mins and did not add to their goals tally - so you don't think the stats are misleading? compute the latest stats this week and get back to us!

So we can say at least from the stats available, AS AT 7 days ago Torres was the worst striker in the league. Agreed?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
dayokanu:
So we can say at least from the stats available, AS AT 7 days ago Torres was the worst striker in the league. Agreed?

nope - i cannot agree.....
the stats only prove chelsea as a team are useless......

the key issue for me is this - torres takes the least number of shots could mean 2 things. chelsea don't create enough chances per game or torres passes the ball when he should be taking shots on goal. which is which? i know the anti-torres crew would blame him from hiding because his confidence is shot but he has the highest shot accuracy of all the strikers on the list!

think about it, drink around it, ponder over it and tell me if torres' problem was missing chances or not getting enough chances per game to make him score like his counterparts
you see, making smart deductions from statistics is not ambiguous at all. just open your eyes and the solution is right there!

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (19803) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DammyOlu123(m), fredoooooo, Caicedobets(m), stephennel(m), MorataFC, Ellexy, Demolz, airmark(m), zeusis(m), Neimarjr and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.