Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,546 members, 7,895,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10916933 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:19am On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:
This has been repeated so many times now it has become boring. Not one single one of you has ever provided proof of this. The shocking thing is, if it indeed does happen as many times as you claim, it's easy to prove.

Unless you can prove it, this reason you cling on to is a myth.

don't mind the charlatans....
they would continue to type rubbish - what did torres do today that he wasn't doing before now? when the service is shyte, they blame torres for not receiving a shitty pass. even mata knows what the problem is - he said they are used to the way drogba played and he wants torres at 28 to adapt himself like drogba instead of the midfielders to adapt themselves and play to his strength.....the mind boggles!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:25am On Dec 09, 2012
What will you not hear from them? I quoted earlier today a classic case of contradiction.

jackbauersballs:
Perhaps Torres isn't getting the service he wants, but surely HE should adapt to fit the team and NOT the other way round:

jackbauersballs:
Juan Mata says: "With Drogba we were conditioned to play in a certain way. .

Pffft!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:31am On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

This has been repeated so many times now it has become boring. Not one single one of you has ever provided proof of this. The shocking thing is, if it indeed does happen as many times as you claim, it's easy to prove.

Unless you can prove it, this reason you cling on to is a myth.
Proof that Torres has been finding trouble evading his markers,tepid,timid,running into blind alleys and generally underperforming since arriving at Chelsea.
Why don't you ask me to prove why the sun rises in the East and sets in the West?
I wonder which of Torres's goals today was laid on a plate for him? Did he score today because the 'service' suddenly improved? Or did he seize the initiative by arriving on time for crosses? Taking responsibility from the penalty spot. And actually doing what I would expect from Falcao or Cavani for Mata's goal?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:45am On Dec 09, 2012
A-40:

Proof that Torres has been finding trouble evading his markers,tepid,timid,running into blind alleys and generally underperforming since arriving at Chelsea.
Why don't you ask me to prove why the sun rises in the East and sets in the West?
I wonder which of Torres's goals today was laid on a plate for him? Did he score today because the 'service' suddenly improved? Or did he seize the initiative by arriving on time for crosses? Taking responsibility from the penalty spot. And actually doing what I would expect from Falcao or Cavani for Mata's goal?

I am so sorry but are you suggesting that for 2 years, he's been evading his markers, tepid, timid, and running into blind alleys? An accomplished goal scorer who terrified the best of defences? Someone who scored against Chelsea every single time he played against them? A Chelsea back line that was one of the best back in the days JM and beyond, suddenly found no space but blind alleys to run into? Hehehe. Wonders shall not end.

Taking penalties has stopped being the striker's responsibility for as long as I know it. Suddenly you want to blame Torres for not fighting the pack and claiming pens. Anything to blame Torres.

Look! It's easy to slag off anyone. Talk is very cheap. If Torres' tipid performances are as frequent as the rising sun and the nights, it shouldn't take a lot of work to prove.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 09, 2012
coogar:
lampard was mandated 3 seasons ago and drogba still fought him for it!
look at this tool.....
like i told el guapo, i know more about chelsea than any of you tools. only nateevs has earned the stripes of a true follower not plastic armchair fans like yourself. have you(bluediva) ever watched chelsea play before or you think buying yaba replica shirts is all there is to support chelsea? may thunder dirty-slap your face!

Chei, see insult.
I nor blame you sha. I blame NL

nateevs:

Ah! They've run out of excuses. It's time to divert the attention to Nateevs.

Think about it critically, has anybody ever said anything that wasn't true about Torres?
Give people some credit, when Ramires was a flop we pointed it out, when he started performing he got his praises.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:59am On Dec 09, 2012
BlueDiva:
Think about it critically, has anybody ever said anything that wasn't true about Torres?
Give people some credit, when Ramires was a flop we pointed it out, when he started performing he got his praises.

Seriously? Only 2 days ago, OMO-IBO said Torres has got 3 managers fired. You wonder how something like that is left unchallenged by all the astute posters on here. However, anything said is good as long as it is in criticism of Torres. Requesting the names of the managers, he said CA, AVB and RDM. Is this true?

CA who had Anelka, Drogba, Sturridge and Kalou as attacking options got fired because Torres did not perform.
AVB who this time last year the likes of you condemned to the pits of uselessness is now widely accepted to have been fired because of Torres. What a massive swing in opinion.

RDM got fired because we were the first champions in history to go out of the CL in the group stages. Primarily because we conceded 2 goals at the Bridge against Juve. Not particularly because we didn't score.

But hey! It's bad, so it must be Torres' fault.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:07am On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

I am so sorry but are you suggesting that for 2 years, he's been evading his markers, tepid, timid, and running into blind alleys? An accomplished goal scorer who terrified the best of defences? Someone who scored against Chelsea every single time he played against them? A Chelsea back line that was one of the best back in the days JM and beyond, suddenly found no space but blind alleys to run into? Hehehe. Wonders shall not end.
Maybe you need to send him back to Liverpool so he can continue scoring against yall!
I've always felt Torres was a tad overrated anyway. Certainly not as good as El Guaje but that's besides the point! And you ninjas have not answered my question? Which of Torres's goals where laid for him on a plate? Plus the snapshot that Mata profited from?
was there an increase in 'service'

nateevs:
Taking penalties has stopped being the striker's responsibility for as long as I know it. Suddenly you want to blame Torres for not fighting the pack and claiming pens. Anything to blame Torres.
When Torres stepped up to take the spot-kick. Did Mata,Luiz,Hazard or anyone come to challenge him?
If he indicates willingness to take pens he would be obliged. A closed mouth don't get fed!

nateevs:
Look! It's easy to slag off anyone. Talk is very cheap. If Torres' tipid performances are as frequent as the rising sun and the nights, it shouldn't take a lot of work to prove.
13 goals in 62 league games. You where saying??

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

Seriously? Only 2 days ago, OMO-IBO said Torres has got 3 managers fired. You wonder how something like that is left unchallenged by all the astute posters on here. However, anything said is good as long as it is in criticism of Torres. Requesting the names of the managers, he said CA, AVB and RDM. Is this true?

CA who had Anelka, Drogba, Sturridge and Kalou as attacking options got fired because Torres did not perform.
AVB who this time last year the likes of you condemned to the pits of uselessness is now widely accepted to have been fired because of Torres. What a massive swing in opinion.

RDM got fired because we were the first champions in history to go out of the CL in the group stages. Primarily because we conceded 2 goals at the Bridge against Juve. Not particularly because we didn't score.

You are begging the issue.
Torres is playing far below par and you want people to applaud just because you are the gentleman who likes posting safe.

I will criticize what is wrong but will heap praises if and when deserved.
Torres is not being criticized because people don't like his face. I'm even sure all the Torres critics like him as a person.

How do you fault all the millions of CFC fans worldwide who are frustrated with his play. How about all the articles.
I believe they are being unfair too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2012
But u keep evading the questions.

Which of the goals was laid on a plate or isolated with the last man like you have been claiming is the only way to get torres to score?

The one that was laid on a plate in d 3rd minute mr torres was far away from it.

Rather he scored goals by doing what critics have said he has not been doing yet u still yarning ur usual opata

Its time to change ur argument again as usual. At least we now have evidence that the only way to score is not via switch back switch front, isolate with last man, lay it on a plate.

Hopefully u wont bring it back when the dud ends his purple patch

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

Nateevs, what part of my assertion is false?
'goal posts' have been moved just to get Torres scoring?
even lukaku was loaned out to give Torres breathing space.

It is unfortunate the wrong striker is most likely going to be sold in january. . .sturridge.
aswerogad, Torres should hang his head in shame.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2012
OMO IBO:
Nateevs, what part of my assertion is false?
'goal posts' have been moved just to get Torres scoring?
even lukaku was loaned out to give Torres breathing space.

It is unfortunate the wrong striker is most likely going to be sold in january. . .sturridge.
aswerogad, Torres should hang his head on shame.

every player has his DOWN TIME. in 2010 despite the fraudulent decision to honour messi by platini and co, messi was no where to be found both in champions league and world cup.
if torres has been in his wilderness all these while and all of a sudden, things begin to change, what is ur problem with that? some moves draw players back and some promote them.
at chelsea, the prayer is to see torres come back to his best and in life, it is only God that has the final say when it comes to peoples'destinies.
to me, sturridge should not be sold but dashed out. he is one selfish player i do not wish to watch play. he cause AVB his position at chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 09, 2012
one thousand and twenty five
i do not know of a single chelsea fan who doesnt want the best for torres, especially in a chelsea shirt.

the issue thus far is that he has been PANTS!!!
everything has been done to get him back to even half what he was at liverpool.
if selling sturridge will bring the best out of torres. . .sell sturridge! even though he is a better player.
i just hope his 4 goals are not a flash in the pan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
A-40:

Maybe you need to send him back to Liverpool so he can continue scoring against yall!
I've always felt Torres was a tad overrated anyway. Certainly not as good as El Guaje but that's besides the point! And you ninjas have not answered my question? Which of Torres's goals where laid for him on a plate? Plus the snapshot that Mata profited from?
was there an increase in 'service'

When Torres stepped up to take the spot-kick. Did Mata,Luiz,Hazard or anyone come to challenge him?
If he indicates willingness to take pens he would be obliged. A closed mouth don't get fed!

13 goals in 62 league games. You where saying??

4llerbuntu: But u keep evading the questions.

Which of the goals was laid on a plate or isolated with the last man like you have been claiming is the only way to get torres to score?

The one that was laid on a plate in d 3rd minute mr torres was far away from it.

Rather he scored goals by doing what critics have said he has not been doing yet u still yarning ur usual opata

Its time to change ur argument again as usual. At least we now have evidence that the only way to score is not via switch back switch front, isolate with last man, lay it on a plate.

Hopefully u wont bring it back when the dud ends his purple patch

I am really struggling to know why you guys are asking me this question. Why should I show you that the goals he's scored were laid on a plate for him? Have I or Coogar said anywhere or any place at all, that the only kind of goals Torres can score are ones were he's "isolated with the last defender"?

You guys love to shift the goal post don't you? Our argument has been consistent and based on the fact that chances need to be created. We've built our argument over the years on the number of chances created per game. Only a few games back, Chelsea created ONLY TWO chances for Torres. Some of you were asking why he didn't score from them? In 2010, 2011, I spent a better part of the season showing pictorial analyses of how many passes were reaching the box which in turns translated to chances. We've maintained one point of view. Just one.

On the contrary, you guys said all this.

1. Torres is overrated
2. Torres is shit
3. Torres is a limited player
4. Torres does not make the right runs
5. The passes have always been there
6. Torres does not attack the ball
7. He has MaZaCar so he should score.

The new ones now are

1. He was never attacking the ball
2. He needed to be confident. Now he's taking penalties.

As though "confidence" is like a box of goodies you can buy at a convenience store. When you create a flurry of chances, your strikers get goals. When they get goals, they become confident. Simple resultant effect. We've always stated that. If anything at all, it's you guys who have always moved the post for convenience because it's easy.

After appointing Rafa, he, just like we have over the years, said that Torres is a brilliant player at playing in between the lines. Those who are close to training will tell you the focus and style of play is now aimed at playing vertically. I have noticed this when we play. However, when I said I see an increase in the number of vertical passes, one of you says ain't nothing changed.

We have spent eternity backing up our claims with empirical and visual data. On the contrary, all you guys do is talk. We are supposed to believe what you say because you have said it. No proof, no back up. If Torres' running into blind alleys is as frequent as night and day, it should not take you long to prove.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs, na you get their time.....
personally, i am done on this issue apart from having tété-a-tété with bluediva to wind her up once in a while. empirical evidence was provided that majority of his goals were scored by letting him have a run at goal with only the keeper to beat(we never said all his goals were like that). the single most important issue we criticised was the few number of chances he was getting......but trust the charlatans to shift the post and still demand for more. useless troglodytes!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ohh brother another verbose argument again

nateevs:

I am really struggling to know why you guys are asking me this question. Why should I show you that the goals he's scored were laid on a plate for him? Have I or Coogar said anywhere or any place at all, that the only kind of goals Torres can score are ones were he's "isolated with the last defender"?

Ahh Nateevs you can do better than this. What changed in this game tho and what was so exceptional about Torres's performance yesterday that he couldn't replicate over the last two months. Ninjas spinnin on dimes. Smh

nateevs:
You guys love to shift the goal post don't you? Our argument has been consistent and based on the fact that chances need to be created. We've built our argument over the years on the number of chances created per game. Only a few games back, Chelsea created ONLY TWO chances for Torres. Some of you were asking why he didn't score from them? In 2010, 2011, I spent a better part of the season showing pictorial analyses of how many passes were reaching the box which in turns translated to chances. We've maintained one point of view. Just one.
Shift the goal-post?? Da phock is this dude talking about? Does Torres have to get 100 chances per game before he scores a goal?
or at least constitute a decent scoring threat?

nateevs:
On the contrary, you guys said all this.

1. Torres is overrated
2. Torres is shit
3. Torres is a limited player
4. Torres does not make the right runs
5. The passes have always been there
6. Torres does not attack the ball
7. He has MaZaCar so he should score.
This your new argument old argument talk is a bunch of megedefegede but I would oblige you

1. He is overrated this is not necessarily a bad thing
2. Vox populi vox dei they say
3. I'm not one of em that holds that view anyway
4. Does he now? This has been exposed time and time again by knowledgeable pundits
5. Well Mata,Hazard,Lampard are assists kings the onus is on Torres to be there at the right place
6. Did you see the 1st goal and Mata's 3rd goal? How many times have you seen Torres do that this season?
7. Those where your words remember?

nateevs:
The new ones now are

1. He was never attacking the ball
2. He needed to be confident. Now he's taking penalties.
1. If he was he wouldn't be this vilified
2. How many penalties has he taken since joining Chelsea? When have you seen Torres go near the box 18 to even return a potential rebound

nateevs:
As though "confidence" is like a box of goodies you can buy at a convenience store. When you create a flurry of chances, your strikers get goals. When they get goals, they become confident. Simple resultant effect. We've always stated that. If anything at all, it's you guys who have always moved the post for convenience because it's easy.
He won the Golden Boot at the Euros. Why didn't he return with confidence? How many goal droughts has Torres had since joining Chelsea. He scores we all think he is back and then goes on another slump. What a diva!!
You are the only one shifting goal-posts here

nateevs:
After appointing Rafa, he, just like we have over the years, said that Torres is a brilliant player at playing in between the lines. Those who are close to training will tell you the focus and style of play is now aimed at playing vertically. I have noticed this when we play. However, when I said I see an increase in the number of vertical passes, one of you says ain't nothing changed.
Ninja tell me something new! We know Torres's 'so-called strong points' the question was which of them did Chelsea play to yesterday that actually got him goals? I can't take you serious till you answer that question

nateevs:
We have spent eternity backing up our claims with empirical and visual data. On the contrary, all you guys do is talk. We are supposed to believe what you say because you have said it. No proof, no back up. If Torres' running into blind alleys is as frequent as night and day, it should not take you long to prove.

Your visual and empirical data counts for squat really. This is what we see week in week out which is why he has only managed 13 goals in 62 league games

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

You keep tellig us about these vertical passes, Which of the goals scored yesterday were from vertical passes? It shouldnt be that difficult na?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
What won't we hear from these troglodytes.

"We spent two years telling you Torres is an extremely limited player who only thrive on vertical passes"

Clap for yourself. Exactly why that guy is rubbish.

Although he wasn't so limited last year, they were busy telling us he's a better SHAPE KEEPER.

BTW, what happens in the tight matches where the opposition sit in their half giving you no space for "vertical passes"

Please get me striker than take short passes, long passes, passes in behind, in the air, that can control the ball with his back to defenders, and that can outmuscle niggas to score. Not these vertical niggas that these emotional guys who love the peroxide blond weakling more than their club are yarning shyte about.

So far as one is concerned, Nordsjaelland and Sunderland are as open as Ireland. It's the same way the weakling took golden boot without contributing anything substantial to Spain at Euros. He'll soon be flopping again when there's no space to play and these emotional ninjas will abandon him again, only to resurface when he scores hattrick against Blackpool or some other open side in FA Cup.

We know those who contribute and those who get carried. All real Chelsea fans want the liability out the team cos they remember strikers who made key differences in the main games winning titles like "King of Wembley" and contributing in almost every big game Chelsea played not extremely limited weaklings whose lovers make excuse for two years straight to tell us how limited he is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ibime: What won't we hear from these troglodytes.

"We spent two years telling you Torres is an extremely limited player who only thrive on vertical passes"

Clap for yourself. Exactly why that guy is rubbish.

Although he wasn't so limited last year, they were busy telling us he's a better SHAPE KEEPER.

BTW, what happens in the tight matches where the opposition sit in their half giving you no space for "vertical passes"

Please get me striker than take short passes, long passes, passes in behind, in the air, that can control the ball with his back to defenders, and that can outmuscle niggas to score. Not these vertical niggas that these emotional guys who love the peroxide blond weakling more than their club are yarning shyte about.

So far as one is concerned, Nordsjaelland and Sunderland are as open as Ireland. It's the same way the weakling took golden boot without contributing anything substantial to Spain at Euros. He'll soon be flopping again when there's no space to play and these emotional ninjas will abandon him again, only to resurface when he scores hattrick against Blackpool or some other open side in FA Cup.

We know those who contribute and those who get carried. All real Chelsea fans want the liability out the team cos they remember strikers who made key differences in the main games winning titles like "King of Wembley" and contributing in almost every big game Chelsea played not extremely limited weaklings whose lovers make excuse for two years straight to tell us how limited he is.
Hehehehe from shape keeping to vertical passing. A bad workerman ninja always blames his tools
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
Some jamz to brighten your Sunday and celebrate Torres goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3y1WNX8XLc

Glory: Wut dat nigga sayin?
Vic O: Uh huh nigguz (Repeat x6)
Vic O: your playin wit me And u feel am playin witchu
That's wut u feel U playin wit me And am not playin witchu
U have ma money &^%$#$ Uh huh nigguz Nigguz
I know exactly wut u fink I ham Now
if u must know hu I ham I am a man of VIP A man of God And I am not da #%^@$% I'm da son of God Nigguz
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2012
I thought as much. Nateevs is already claiming they never said torres thrives wen d team plays one style. So soon u are feigning amnesia about coogars posts AND MULTIPLE LIVERPOOL GIFS trying to prove to us that the most creative midfielders in d prem are crap because they dont pass in a certain way, dont release him with d last man bla bla bla.

Amazing. These posts are scarcely 1 week old n u saying these? Where did all d switxh back, dont play to torres strengths arguments originate from then?

I said it a while ago, its a waste of time having these debate with u chaps. Wen the small teams run out it will be petr cechs fault that torres dont score. I dont have time to be quoting posts up n down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mufasa(m): 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2012
Is he back. grin

We shall see.

Wonder where he keeps disappearing too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
4llerbuntu: I thought as much. Nateevs is already claiming they never said torres thrives wen d team plays one style. So soon u are feigning amnesia about coogars posts AND MULTIPLE LIVERPOOL GIFS trying to prove to us that the most creative midfielders in d prem are crap because they dont pass in a certain way, dont release him with d last man bla bla bla.

Amazing. These posts are scarcely 1 week old n u saying these? Where did all d switxh back, dont play to torres strengths arguments originate from then?

I said it a while ago, its a waste of time having these debate with u chaps. Wen the small teams run out it will be petr cechs fault that torres dont score. I dont have time to be quoting posts up n down.

You dey mind them?

I have been asking how many of the goals he scored yesterday came from vertical balls? And what did the midfielders do differently to enable him score?

The solution to Torres problems is with Torres. e.g the first goal, Hazard would still cross into those spaces, its left for him to anticipate and attack the ball

The second goal, Was it the midfielders who told him to fight to take the Penalty? was it the coach who told him to take the initiative and demand for the ball? which he didnt do on Wednesday?

Same with for the 3rd goal.

The Chelsea midfield creates enough for any striker who cares . Hazard and Mata probably have 12 assists between them now. Any striker should be benefitting from that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
dayokanu:

You dey mind them?

I have been asking how many of the goals he scored yesterday came from vertical balls? And what did the midfielders do differently to enable him score?

The solution to Torres problems is with Torres. e.g the first goal, Hazard would still cross into those spaces, its left for him to anticipate and attack the ball

The second goal, Was it the midfielders who told him to fight to take the Penalty? was it the coach who told him to take the initiative and demand for the ball? which he didnt do on Wednesday?

Same with for the 3rd goal.

The Chelsea midfield creates enough for any striker who cares . Hazard and Mata probably have 12 assists between them now. Any striker should be benefitting from that
And Nateevs has the nerve to claim I'm shifting goal-posts! I wonder if he even knows what that word means.
Anyway I don't expect him to answer the question na him way
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2012
A-40:

And Nateevs has the nerve to claim I'm shifting goal-posts! I wonder if he even knows what that word means.
Anyway I don't expect him to answer the question na him way

I cannot respond to all that has been said as don't have the time.
However, I will start from here. What question do you want me to answer?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

My own question is what did Chelsea midfield do differently yesterday that made Torres score.

Was it the vertical passes that he scored from
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

What was done differently today? Which of the goals was a result of playing to Torres's 'strengths'
Was it so spectacular that he needs another two months to replicate grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
dayokanu:

My own question is what did Chelsea midfield do differently yesterday that made Torres score.

Was it the vertical passes that he scored from

If that's the same question that A-40 is asking, then I will answer it in one go.

It was almost written in the stars that Torres will score a goal yesterday.
However that feeling did not come about from yesterday morning.
It started from Benitez's first game and manifested in the West Ham game even though we lost.
The method of attack began to take shape. One vertical quick release by Moses at about the 30 yard line freed Torres on to the right on the 18 and a reverse pass found Mata. (For the sake of analysis, it was in the exact position Sturridge was in the screen shots I was analysing with you the other day. This time Moses passed)

Against Nordsjaelland, the same occurred, as evidenced by Torres' first goal. A well-timed, quick release for Torres that isolated him on goal after a brilliant run. You could see how lively Torres was. It was evident the team was playing to get him scoring and when you make your striker feel that way, they get confidence.

This confidence is what gets them trying other things. Like seizing the initiative to take the penalty. Do you think Torres would have done so had he not 3 goals on the bounce?

This has always been the premise of my posts. Create chances, play to your strikers' strength and they will get goals. When they get goals, they become confident to try other things. Confidence doesn't come before goals. If anything, it's a result of goals.

So do I need to prove any other thing to you? NO! On the contrary, you should prove to me that I am wrong and that the chances have always been created but Torres runs into blind alleys. You have no proof. No single one of you can prove it. Instead, you tell me it's what you see every weekend and I am supposed to buy that?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
'I said before that if the team play well and create chances he will score goals. It's fair to say that we are watching a Torres with more confidence and belief. I was analysing his movements and adjusting a few things. It's a question of confidence and differences in movements. The most important thing is that he appears confident.'

that was Rafa D Gafa who saw what others are seeing . . Difference in movements.. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:30am On Dec 10, 2012
dyabman: 'I said before that if the team play well and create chances he will score goals. It's fair to say that we are watching a Torres with more confidence and belief. I was analysing his movements and adjusting a few things. It's a question of confidence and differences in movements. The most important thing is that he appears confident.'

that was Rafa D Gafa who saw what others are seeing . . Difference in movements.. lipsrsealed

fixed for your apollo-infected eyes....
the chances have to come first before scoring and scoring would bring about confidence.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:56am On Dec 10, 2012
coogar:

fixed for your apollo-infected eyes....
the chances have to come first before scoring and scoring would bring about confidence.....

nateevs:
This has always been the premise of my posts. Create chances, play to your strikers' strength and they will get goals. When they get goals, they become confident to try other things. Confidence doesn't come before goals. If anything, it's a result of goals.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:50am On Dec 10, 2012
nateevs:

If that's the same question that A-40 is asking, then I will answer it in one go.

It was almost written in the stars that Torres will score a goal yesterday.
You could have actually taken a bet that he would score? Come on now don't talk like you predicted it would happen

nateevs:
However that feeling did not come about from yesterday morning.
It started from Benitez's first game
Really? You mean the game you ninjas where complaining that Torres had zero chances?

nateevs: and manifested in the West Ham game even though we lost.
The method of attack began to take shape. One vertical quick release by Moses at about the 30 yard line freed Torres on to the right on the 18 and a reverse pass found Mata. (For the sake of analysis, it was in the exact position Sturridge was in the screen shots I was analysing with you the other day. This time Moses passed)
Against Nordsjaelland, the same occurred, as evidenced by Torres' first goal. A well-timed, quick release for Torres that isolated him on goal after a brilliant run..
But only his 1st goal against Nordsjaelland came from that form of attack. Even at that it was a fortunate bounce. I really don't get what you ninjas are driving at but perhaps if you guys had varied your attacking style against West Ham maybe you wouldn't have lost that game

nateevs:
You could see how lively Torres was. It was evident the team was playing to get him scoring and when you make your striker feel that way, they get confidence
You guys really need to chill! This is Nordsjaelland we are talking about here. They didn't exactly try too hard to stop him

nateevs:
This confidence is what gets them trying other things. Like seizing the initiative to take the penalty. Do you think Torres would have done so had he not 3 goals on the bounce?

Is this the 1st time we are seeing Torres go on a mini run? Funny enuff how many chances did Torres get before he opened scoring at Sunderland? Of all 4 goals scored in the last 2 games only one came from playing to his 'strengths' as you described it
Which shows they are many ways to find the back of the net if you put yourself about and make the right decisions! Play with aggressiveness and make life difficult for the opposition
You call it confidence but we've seen it all before. I'm sure should he go on another slump the supporting cast would be blamed again and you would forget all about the confidence megedefegede you referred to sometime in the past

nateevs:
So do I need to prove any other thing to you? NO! On the contrary, you should prove to me that I am wrong and that the chances have always been created but Torres runs into blind alleys. You have no proof. No single one of you can prove it. Instead, you tell me it's what you see every weekend and I am supposed to buy that?
Of course you are wrong! And you've been for a while now. Are your eyes closed to the links and quotes Dayokanu and occasionally Ibime provide from various sites of Torres breaking up attacking moves with his indecision poor touches and sub-par movement
Can you explain why his chance conversion ratio is so damn low?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:23am On Dec 10, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.