Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,571 members, 7,926,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:34 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11088548 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (19803) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
jackbauersballs:
Perhaps Torres isn't getting the service he wants, but surely HE should adapt to fit the team and NOT the other way round:

jackbauersballs:
Juan Mata says: "With Drogba we were conditioned to play in a certain way. .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
I honestly believe Nateevs and Coogar have been Vindicated by the performance today..

dayokanu: So Torres scored today Ope ooo

Was it an empty post no keeper situation?

So now we shouldnt hear that Torres has lost confidence, Cos he is now taking penalties and not scoring "pure goals" again

If I may ask bro, what is a pure Goal?
The man scores and now he has to score pure goals. You should stop this double standard because you were creaming yourself last season when Gomez was scoring 'impure goals'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
darefestus: I honestly believe Nateevs and Coogar have been Vindicated by the performance today..

If I may ask bro, [size=18pt]what is a pure Goal?[/size]
The man scores and now he has to score pure goals. You should stop this double standard because you were creaming yourself last season when Gomez was scoring 'impure goals'

Direct your question to Mr coogar

Check the links below

coogar:

you are talking rubbish - no other chelsea player has scored more than torres! if his problem is missing chances then someone else should be doing the scoring @ chelsea! the best way to judge torres is to compare [size=14pt]"pure goals"[/size](goals from open play) between him and the strikers in the other clubs! so mr dayokanu(the head witchhunter) please get to work!

https://www.nairaland.com/827763/official-chelsea-fan-thread-pride/18#10002056
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
darefestus: I honestly believe Nateevs and Coogar have been Vindicated by the performance today..

If I may ask bro, what is a pure Goal?

Don't be surprised to see the biggest argument over Torres breakout even when he scores. Good thing we didn't score one more. The brigade would have turned up subtracting his goals and attempting to suggest that we could have won without his goals.

The opposition's wall is built so high, you can barely make a case for Torres even when it makes perfect sense. I commented on the increase of vertical passes I have seen since Benitez took over. Especially over the last 3 games with attempts to release Torres early on goal. It was met with stiff resistance, with claims nothing has changed in the way we play.

It's all a strategic design to provide a ready-made excuse to blame Torres even if he finds scoring form as though he has chosen not to score all the while.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
nateevs:

Don't be surprised to see the biggest argument over Torres breakout even when he scores. Good thing we didn't score one more. The brigade would have turned up subtracting his goals and attempting to suggest that we could have won without his goals.

The opposition's wall is built so high, you can barely make a case for Torres even when it makes perfect sense. I commented on the increase of vertical passes I have seen since Benitez took over. Especially over the last 3 games with attempts to release Torres early on goal. It was met with stiff resistance, with claims nothing has changed in the way we play.

It's all a strategic design to provide a ready-made excuse to blame Torres even if he finds scoring form as though he has chosen not to score all the while.

So which of the vertical passes did Torres benefit from today?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
Torres scored, he even took a penalty.
I will kill a cow to celebrate tonight.

Is he really back or one of those lucky spells.
4 goals in 2 games, we are watching.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
nateevs:

I noticed this after your game against Nordje-whatever, how the critics kept playing down the importance of his goals even when those goals could have been important had juve lost.
I'm expecting someone to remind us that he scored against Sunderland and as such still hasn't convinced that he can score goals until he does so against ManUtd and City, forgetting that his two goals today earned his team three vital points.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by codedguy1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
BlueDiva: Torres scored, he even took a penalty.
I will kill a cow to celebrate tonight.

Is he really back or one of those lucky spells.
4 goals in 2 games, we are watching.

Yes oo he took a pen! Credit should be given to toress when he does what he is expected to do. He even scored from "general and specific markets" which is very encouraging. All he needs now is a little consistency then we might see the Torres we used to know and expect.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
jackbauersballs: To be fair, Coogar and Nateevs have decent points...

Perhaps Torres isn't getting the service he wants, but surely HE should adapt to fit the team and NOT the other way round:

Juan Mata says: "With Drogba we were conditioned to play in a certain way. With Fernando it's different. His runs aren't the same. He's not a funnel for our play like Drogba could be. He doesn't like the holding-it-up role. He prefers finding space and facing the goal"

As a lone striker, a player must be prepared to hold-up the ball and bring his teammates into play. Even if Torres doesn't like this, he should be ADAPTABLE to different football styles...

Perhaps his his 'un-adpatability' is his biggest indictment.... undecided

we have decent points now because mata said so?
it's not torres that must adapt to the way chelsea play - it's chelsea that must adapt to way torres play. chelsea bought torres because of his scoring prowess in liverpool - they paid premium to bring him to stamford bridge so he can replicate his escapades in london.....why then would you expect him to play differently from what got him so many goals at liverpool?

torres can only play one way......he's 28 and now completely untrainable to play like drogba........how come chicharito has not adapted himself to be like rooney or like berbatov? the blame should fall on chelsea's midfield for failing to play to the strength of their star player! chelsea saw something in torres to have paid £50m for his service - what they saw is what chelsea should be replicating at the bridge!

benitez has the common sense to let torres take penalty kicks - i remember making this point sometime ago and pathetic idïots like dayokanu, ibime, etc told us torres does not have the balls to take penalty kicks or he's poor at it. di matteo is a tool, villas-boas another tool. the best way to keep a player's name constantly on the scoring charts is by letting him take penalties....even when he's performed poorly, he would still redeem himself by scoring from 12 yards.....lampard, gerrard, giggs, rooney, fabregas, tevez, etc all benefited through this.....hopefully, bluediva won't tell us the goals scored today weren't important as chelsea would have won anyways(bluediva puts the h in hypocrisy)!

the only bright side is we all want torres to excel but some of the stuff some fools have written about him on these pages are cringeworthy. only dayokanu(shameless twit) has the balls to post since the match ended to save face - others are lurking in the bush. had torres shot blanks today, we would have seen 4llerbuntu, ibime, bluediva, starboard and the other cocksuckers telling us how torres should be offered to okija gods!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sawyer89: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
Great game! I hope Torres is back for good.
But I doubt if Benitez will be given a permanent deal even if he starts scoring regularly. I read on goal.com that baba olowo is preparing a €25 milla per annum salary package for Pep for an end of the season deal and also considering Dortmund's Klopp as plan B.It seems the man is still keen on the tiki taka football.
I hope our Europa outing won't affect our EPL performance sha.Top 4 finish should be our highest priority this season although I'll be glad if Chelsea win the Europa but it's gonna be a herculean task considering the calibre of teams in the competition.
The great thing is the sky is always blue-Chelsea for life!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
wetin be all the noise sef.
torres scores. . . so??

what exactly is he supposed to do?? continue defending for the opposition??

everything is set out for torres to succeed at chelsea.
he's got abrahamovic
he's got emenalo
he's got MAZACA
he's the only recognized forward. when fit studge barely plays. dude is shipped off to the flanks instead.
and now, he's got Benitez.

somebody please tell me how torres not going to score goals. somebody please!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
Another false dawn.

The sooner we get past this extremely limited player the better for us.

All this flash here and there is only gonna extend the experiment further.

Any other striker with 11 goals would be considered having a decent season.

The reason Torres is not is he's one of the worst footballers you've seen on a pitch this season and few of his goals come in normal or tight games. He will rarely ever contribute except against tactically open or completely rubbish opposition.

Torres cannot play football. He's not a striker for any serious or half-serious club.

Roll on Ulsan Hyundai.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
The only positive I can take from today's game was Super Frankie Lamps coming on to flatten the game out.

I thought we were under pressure before he was introduced, no undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
before now, the complaint was torres should concentrate on scoring goals and stop setting others to score....they said he's a striker and strikers score goals. torres has started scoring goals and the complaint still persists that goals don't matter unless torres can control the ball like berbatov or eric cantona. would torres ever win?

torres now has 11 goals and its not even christmas yet.....torres would score 25 goals easily this season bar injuries and yet we still have obese fat fools doubting his quality. what do these ewoks want from torres? his blood? 4 goals in his last 2 matches and it's still not enough to pacify his detractors.....this is turning into a drama reminiscent of the way the pharisees thirsted for the blood of christ!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Haaaa. Gengen

It is uhuru!!+ The dud is BACK!!! HATERZ CAN JUMP UP 10 TIMES grin

Hehehehe. Issorite.

Btw i suppose it was evil spirits that passed the ball to torres today.

Ironically the waiter is doing just fine now eh? Honestly that chap really looks like a butler standing by the touchline. Lmao.

Anyways now he has broken up the mazacar rubbish and injected some pragmatism into d play his methods are showing well. I just pray he does nothing about the imbalance in d squad so you nuccas can end up in 6th again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
Torres has scored 4 in 2 games.
Now what has changed? Nothing has.

Mata and Hazard have always passed the ball to Torres, it didn't start this week.
Torres has had some fortune this week by getting a rebound and connecting to a cross.
He even developed some self confidence and took a penalty.

The issue has always been Torres and not the team.
Perhaps he has made up his mind to develop some confidence and some can-do attitude.

The issue is that Torres is his own problem, not the team nor the manager.
Only him can decide to be a dud or a world class player.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
someone should slap this bluediva in the face.....

so you think penalty takers are not mandated by the managers? what was villas-boas thinking with having lampard smash them from 12 yards? a dead and buried lampard whose form or lack of it would not cause any eyebrow to be raised. all eyes were on torres, if anything - torres should be taking them all....his goal stats would have helped build his confidence in all those months his confidence looked shot!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
^^
Tape it shut.
Torres was offered a penalty last season in the Carling cup and he refused.

Even Romeu took a penalty for Chelsea.

Manager mandated my foot. It's pure lack of self belief.
Was Benitez not the manager when Hazard and Luiz took penalties on Wed night, was Torres not on the field?

Torres has suddenly found inspiration.
Maybe Benitez now talks to him in Spanish.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
Back to winning ways. Great!
Now its time to keep it up!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
oh me goodness! Watching Real now...nna Ozil is some player. The best (after DD of course grin) in my books. Personally, I don't give 2 shts about messi and co.
OZil anyday. WHat a player!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
BlueDiva: ^^
Tape it shut.
Torres was offered a penalty last season in the Carling cup and he refused.

you sound like a goat undergoing labour....
offered penalty by who? manager's instruction or a fellow team mate who took pity on him? if i were torres, i would refuse too. he's the highest paid player in chelsea - who else should be taking those pen if not him? in clubs where there's true leadership, the star players get the pie. messi(barca) ronaldo(madrid) rooney(man utd) tevez(city) van persie(arsenal last season) etc.

Even Romeu took a penalty for Chelsea.

which further exposes the lack of leadership in the useless outfit called chelsea. you buffoons wouldn't stop reminding us that he was bought for £50m and yet you treat him like danny welbeck! torres should be treated like the prom queen....that's how managers pamper their star players - not believing in a corpse like lampard whose glory days are past behind him.

Manager mandated my foot. It's pure lack of self belief.
Was Benitez not the manager when Hazard and Luiz took penalties on Wed night, was Torres not on the field?

you speak absent common sense
when torres asked di matteo to include his name amongst the players that would shoot it out in munich, di matteo rejected the offer - that bald, amoeba looking fool! is that how you treat a £50m player. torres is a prima donna - he must be loved!!!

Torres has suddenly found inspiration.
Maybe Benitez now talks to him in Spanish.

benitez is just a better man manager than his predecessors that have managed torres @ chelsea. all roman wants is for his managers to justify the £50m spent on torres. if i were in their shoes, i would make sure torres gets to take everything like thierry henry. abramovic is more concerned about torres than lampard throwing his toy out of the pram....lampard is finished, take the responsibility of taking penalties out of his hands NOW!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
coogar:

you sound like a goat undergoing labour....
offered penalty by who? manager's instruction or a fellow team mate who took pity on him? if i were torres, i would refuse too. he's the highest paid player in chelsea - who else should be taking those pen if not him? in clubs where there's true leadership, the star players get the pie. messi(barca) ronaldo(madrid) rooney(man utd) tevez(city) van persie(arsenal last season) etc.

which further exposes the lack of leadership in the useless outfit called chelsea. you buffoons wouldn't stop reminding us that he was bought for £50m and yet you treat him like danny welbeck! torres should be treated like the prom queen....that's how managers pamper their star players - not believing in a corpse like lampard whose glory days are past behind him.

you speak absent common sense
when torres asked di matteo to include his name amongst the players that would shoot it out in munich, di matteo rejected the offer - that bald, amoeba looking fool! is that how you treat a £50m player. torres is a prima donna - he must be loved!!!

benitez is just a better man manager than his predecessors that have managed torres @ chelsea. all roman wants is for his managers to justify the £50m spent on torres. if i were in their shoes, i would make sure torres gets to take everything like thierry henry. abramovic is more concerned about torres than lampard throwing his toy out of the pram....lampard is finished, take the responsibility of taking penalties out of his hands NOW!

You keep ranting the same B.S everyday.
He should be treated like a king, maybe all the players should offer their wives to give him a B.J too.

If Torres was mandated, then he wouldn't have been scrambling with Luiz to take the penalty.
Automatically everyone would have left it for him.

Who told you that he wanted to take a penalty in Munich and RDM left him out?
All these your pepersoup and beer parlour gist just to make a point.

It's good Torres has found some confidence, it's what we've always clamoured for.
Everybody gave the dud all the support he needed but his lack of confidence affected him.

Perhaps he has found a kinsman in the Spanish gaffer.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
BlueDiva:
You keep ranting the same B.S everyday.
He should be treated like a king, maybe all the players should offer their wives to give him a B.J too.

use your horse sense......
all the players i listed in my other post are all treated like kings. there was a system in place when ronaldo joined madrid...but they had to make him the chief penalty taker...same as tevez and even messi!

If Torres was mandated, then he wouldn't have been scrambling with Luiz to take the penalty. Automatically everyone would have left it for him.

there's no leadership @ chelsea.
lampard was mandated 3 seasons ago and drogba still fought him for it!

Who told you that he wanted to take a penalty in Munich and RDM left him out?
All these your pepersoup and beer parlour gist just to make a point.

look at this tool.....
like i told el guapo, i know more about chelsea than any of you tools. only nateevs has earned the stripes of a true follower not plastic armchair fans like yourself. have you(bluediva) ever watched chelsea play before or you think buying yaba replica shirts is all there is to support chelsea? may thunder dirty-slap your face!

It's good Torres has found some confidence, it's what we've always clamoured for.
Everybody gave the dud all the support he needed but his lack of confidence affected him
Perhaps he has found a kinsman in the Spanish gaffer.

it shouldn't have taken this long - that's the point.
a striker misfiring in front of goal should have been encouraged by his manager to be the chief penalty taker. strikers thrive on goals...when they don't score, media get on their backs and the confidence ebbs away! villas-boas would have solved this problem if he had put his foot down to let torres take penalty kicks........that was how rooney rediscovered his mojo when he wanted out of united and couldn't score from open play in 13 league games!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
Excuses are still piling up. Let's watch the drama unfold.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
nateevs: Excuses are still piling up. Let's watch the drama unfold.

If I had a dollar for everytime Nateevs said this over the last 2 years, I'd be a millionaire by now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ibime:

If I had a dollar for everytime Nateevs said this over the last 2 years, I'd be a millionaire by now.

Ah! They've run out of excuses. It's time to divert the attention to Nateevs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
nateevs:

Ah! They've run out of excuses. It's time to divert the attention to Nateevs.

Run out of excuses? Says the dude who ran out of excuses long ago. Some ninjas never learn from history.

How can one run out of excuses for a confirmed flop?

Another false dawn and another sparse opportunity for Nateevs to come out of hiding.

Watch the backslapping continue against Leeds and Ulsan Hyundai leading the musketeers to reel out their seasonal claim that Torres is back!!! grin . . . . . till the next flop!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2012
BlueDiva: Torres has scored 4 in 2 games.
Now what has changed? Nothing has.

Mata and Hazard have always passed the ball to Torres, it didn't start this week.
Torres has had some fortune this week by getting a rebound and connecting to a cross.
He even developed some self confidence and took a penalty.

The issue has always been Torres and not the team.
Perhaps he has made up his mind to develop some confidence and some can-do attitude.

The issue is that Torres is his own problem, not the team nor the manager.
Only him can decide to be a dud or a world class player.
Ogula!! You really summed up what I wanted to say today!
Which of Torres's goals was the quintessential iso play with the last defender?? He damn near got a hat-trick by doing what he has negated all season which is attacking the ball and not catwalking and running into blind alleys and defenders
The Mata goal was sumn I would expect from Falcao grin grin
Had the balls to actually take a spot-kick. I didn't even see that coming I was going to ask why he ran away from it against Nordsjaelland but his two goals made me forget the matter
If Torres keeps this up I'm sure fans would get off his back

By the way let's not get ahead of ourselves here a certain chap called Michu is on 12 goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:01am On Dec 09, 2012
Ibime:

Run out of excuses? Says the dude who ran out of excuses long ago. Some ninjas never learn from history.

How can one run out of excuses for a confirmed flop?

Another false dawn and another sparse opportunity for Nateevs to come out of hiding.

Watch the backslapping continue against Leeds and Ulsan Hyundai leading the musketeers to reel out their seasonal claim that Torres is back!!! grin . . . . . till the next flop!

Hehehe. I bet you are praying, wishing and hoping that Torres does pick up from here and go on a roll.
It's the only reason you are writing this at this moment.

I don't think we've witnessed any one celebrating yet. However, trust the spin doctor to not miss an opportunity "just in case".
And if it all turns out good, he can easily say "I change his mind".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:04am On Dec 09, 2012
A-40:

He damn near got a hat-trick by doing what he has negated all season which is attacking the ball and not catwalking and running into blind alleys and defenders

This has been repeated so many times now it has become boring. Not one single one of you has ever provided proof of this. The shocking thing is, if it indeed does happen as many times as you claim, it's easy to prove.

Unless you can prove it, this reason you cling on to is a myth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:13am On Dec 09, 2012
nateevs:

Hehehe. I bet you are praying, wishing and hoping that Torres does pick up from here and go on a roll.
It's the only reason you are writing this at this moment.

I don't think we've witnessed any one celebrating yet. However, trust the spin doctor to not miss an opportunity "just in case".
And if it all turns out good, he can easily say "I change his mind".

You mean you are not celebrating yet after 2 years? What a joke of a statement.

I know a bad player when I see one. I'm not "hoping for him to go on a run", just hoping for Roman to change his mind so my club can move on and start hunting with real difference makers upfront.

#TorreswatchunderRafa - 2 good games in 5 (against minnows)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:18am On Dec 09, 2012
Ibime:

You mean you are not celebrating yet after 2 years? What a joke of a statement.

I know a bad player when I see one. I'm not "hoping for him to go on a run", just hoping for Roman to change his mind so my club can move on and start hunting with real difference makers upfront.

#TorreswatchunderRafa - 2 good games in 5 (against minnows)

Bad player eh?
I hear you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (19803) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rooftops, stephennel(m), zeusis(m), iamoyindamola(m), SirAce, Unlimited22, MeniMeni, Ibunkun1(m), BlewMahn and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.