Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,559 members, 7,895,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10917662 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
A-40:

Thank you for showing your hand obviously this is the intellectual dishonesty Ibime was talking about. After seeing his low conversion rate which I've put up to fulfill all righteousness you want to flipmode like Busta Rhymes abi. Lmao

What part of you is slow to respond? Did you check the time stamps on the posts?

A-40:
http://www.eplindex.com/7625/premier-league-strikers-comparison-opta-stats.html

These are for last season at the midway point

As you can see from this link Torres's strike rate is in the region of a washed Drogba,Anelka and another flop like Andy Carroll of this world. Even the much maligned Daniel Sturridge has double Torres's conversion rate. Out of 30 strikers or thereabout he is in the bottom 5

Thank you. This proves my exact point that you don't have any stats to hand. You are basically regurgitating what others say. You are pulling up stats from mid-way last season to firstly prove a whole season's point and secondly to prove this season's point.

Secondly, you are pulling up stats that put "ALL OF CHELSEA's strikers" in the same category and using that same stat to beat "ONLY TORRES". Can you see how silly that is? Even though Anelka and Drogba have more minutes per goal than Torres.

Sturridge did not play as a centre man. As a centre man, the area is more crowded. Sturridge didn't have to make a run for a chance, he was THE CHANCE. He and Mata had more possession of the ball in the final third and that's why you will find conversions ratio for Sturridge higher than Torres' . . To prove my point, what's Kalou's conversion ratio? Where did he play?

However, let me oblige you on this one.
So lastly, you cannot prove this point without the all important index - "NUMBER OF CHANCES CREATED". It is only with this index can we actually conclude on how poor a striker really is. This is where you have provided half baked analysis to prove a weak point.

Let's analyse.

RVP Goal conversion rate - 26%
Number of goal scored - 16.

Do you know what this means? It means that the Arsenal midfield created 61 chances for RVP to get 16 goals.

Torres Goal conversion ratio - 11%
Number of goal scored - 2.

This means that the Chelsea team created 18 chances for Torres to score 2. 18 chances?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the focus of this big argument once again? The Chelsea midfield does not create enough chances.
And you think I am lying? What's even more silly about your defence is that if we had access to the number of minutes played by each striker, it defines the stats even further. However, I will use the minutes per goal stat.

RVP minutes per goal - 90mins
Torres min per goal - 322mins.

EDIT: My calculations were wrong.

Taking chances created into cognisance, this reveals that Arsenal created 0.67 chances every 90mins for RVP alone. You know what Torres's one is? 0.0559 chances every 322mins or 0.0159 chances for Torres every 90mins.*** And you want Torres to be prolific. You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

You guys have a lot to prove.

***Calculations now correct.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Look no further than this

Torres Michu and Suarez have the highest number of minutes and starts Yet Torres has the lowest clear cut chance conversion among those 3

Torres has the worst minute per goal of all the strikers compared, Tied for the least shot on target with Giroud, , Has the lowest shots off target (What we have been saying Torres is too timid to take shots) The worst min/per shots on target

If Nateevs was a self-respecting nigga he would shut up after this bomb u just dropped

nateevs:

Thank you. This proves my exact point that you don't have any stats to hand. You are basically regurgitating what others say. You are pulling up stats from mid-way last season to firstly prove a whole season's point and secondly to prove this season's point.

Is this ninja bonkers?? Who is talking about just this season? What part of my statements point to the fact that I was arguing just about this season

nateevs:

Secondly, you are pulling up stats that put "ALL OF CHELSEA's strikers" in the same category and using that same stat to beat "ONLY TORRES". Can you see how silly that is? Even though Anelka and Drogba have more minutes per goal than Torres.

We where arguing about Torres's ratio compared to other strikers in the league! Are you not ashamed that Torres could outscore only strikers on the wrong side of 30 and Andy Carroll

nateevs:

Sturridge did not play as a centre man. As a centre man, the area is more crowded. Sturridge didn't have to make a run for a chance, he was THE CHANCE. He and Mata had more possession of the ball in the final third and that's why you will find conversions ratio for Sturridge higher than Torres' . . To prove my point, what's Kalou's conversion ratio? Where did he play?

What a pathetic excuse!! So by default a player playing on the flanks should score more than a striker playing central I.e Valencia should get more goals than Rooney,Walcott should score more than RVP Lennon should score more than Adebayor

nateevs:
However, let me oblige you on this one.
So lastly, you cannot prove this point without the all important index - "NUMBER OF CHANCES CREATED". It is only with this index can we actually conclude on how poor a striker really is. This is where you have provided half baked analysis to prove a weak point.

Of course the poor conversion rate is not enough you have to shift the goal post even further. Anyway I'm not here to split hairs with you. Myself with a huge assist from Dayokanu have shown to all and sundry here that Torres's conversion rate/percentage is a national disgrace!

Little do you know your analysis disgraces Torres even further as 16/61 is higher than 2/18 every day of the week

nateevs:
What's the focus of this big argument once again? The Chelsea midfield does not create enough chances.
And you think I am lying? What's even more silly about your defence is that if we had access to the number of minutes played by each striker, it defines the stats even further. However, I will use the minutes per goal stat.

RVP minutes per goal - 90mins
Torres min per goal - 322mins.
You are a waste of ma precious time!! So after being confronted by damning stats
You are still here talking about creation of chances. When its clear that Torres on average needs 9 to score 1 as against RVP that needs less than 4 to score 1

nateevs:

EDIT: My calculations were wrong.

You are always wrong

nateevs:
Taking chances created into cognisance, this reveals that Arsenal created 0.67 chances every 90mins for RVP alone. You know what Torres's one is? 0.0559 chances every 322mins or 0.0159 chances for Torres every 90mins.*** And you want Torres to be prolific. You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

You guys have a lot to prove.

If you think I'm here to try and convert you and convince you that Torres is a wasteman you are on a long thing. Its for a neutral ninja to read and understand the point we've made

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
So na just one above average game against a team like Sunderland naim make people type epistles for we thread grin Not convinced yet cheesy ft will have to do much more week in week out.......Eod !
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
Make una leave these emotional guys to dey yarn abeg.

These ninjas love making excuses for Torres to stay on pitch by dismissing Studge and Lukaku cos they are young and reh reh reh.

Fact is if real ninja like Wily Bony is the one competing with Torres, none of these emotional niggas could make excuse for Torres @zz not to be araldited permanently to the bench.

That's the level of striker Torres is. He's not even an also ran much less a Chelsea calibre striker.

How could someone claim Torres is a top striker yet the owner of his club has to fix it for him so that not even Sturridge is given chance to compete with him.

WE ALL KNOW STURRIDGE WOULD TAKE TORRES TO THE CLEANERS WITH THIS SAME TEAM, talkless of the aforementioned ninjas.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ibime: Make una leave these emotional guys to dey yarn abeg.

These ninjas love making excuses for Torres to stay on pitch by dismissing Studge and Lukaku cos they are young and reh reh reh.

Fact is if real ninja like Demba Ba or Wily Bony is the one competing with Torres, none of these emotional niggas could make excuse for Torres @zz not to be araldited permanently to the bench.

That's the level of striker Torres is. He's not even an also ran much less a Chelsea calibre striker.

if demba ba/falcao move to chelsea, they won't do better than torres!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
coogar:

Yes of course, they would be waiting for only vertical ball innit?

Sturridge has already disgraced Torres severally talkless of dem guys.

I'm not sure whether Patrick Bamford would not do better sef.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ibime:

Yes of course, they would be waiting for only vertical ball innit?

Sturridge has already disgraced Torres severally talkless of dem guys.

I'm not sure whether Patrick Bamford would not do better sef.

sturridge na striker? lolololol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
coogar: cheesy

Bros I no say u go insult ma generation burr u lie for this talk. Picture van Persia waiting for a vertical pass against manshitty grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
coogar:

sturridge na striker? lolololol

Sturridge na striker, yet Sturridge has been disgracing Torres from day one, even from the right wing.

My point exactly.

These emotional niggas love having likes of Sturridge and Lukaku on the bench so they can easily dismiss them.

Despite the fact they know Sturridge would outgun Torres severely if given half a chance.

That's why I said "what would these emotional guys say if Wilfred Bony or Demba Ba was the one on the bench?".

What an excuse of a striker. One so poor, Emenalo was busy chasing Andre Schurrle (a winger) as his back up because it's already been decided by the man upstairs that Torres must play every game he so no point getting a pure no9 to compete with him cos they won't get a game. A striker who stinks every game up so bad, yet Sturridge would not be given a chance cos Roman must be proved right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
So it's no longer Emenalo's fault, it's the man upstairs. cheesy

If you don't like Roman's style, go get your own billions and buy him out of the club. Torres is here to stay so y'all better hope and pray he comes good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
debosky: So it's no longer Emenalo's fault, it's the man upstairs. cheesy

If you don't like Roman's style, go get your own billions and buy him out of the club. Torres is here to stay so y'all better hope and pray he comes good.

I have always spread the blame evenly between the mad Russian and the slimeball impostor, however one cannot sack the owner but one can call for the sack of the incompetent TD!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
I don't pay attention to these emotional ninjas attempts to obfuscate Torres incompetence with stats or bogus yarns about what midfielders don't do for him.

My only prayer is for Torres to cop injury for one month and EVERY MAN AND HIS DOG (INCLUDING THE EMOTIONAL NINJAS) know that by the end of that one month, Torres woulda been completely showed up by his back up!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ibime:

I have always spread the blame evenly between the mad Russian and the slimeball impostor, however one cannot sack the owner but one can call for the sack of the incompetent TD!!

What if Roman has also said Mikel has to play (hence the new 5 year contract)and told Emenalo not to buy a DM? It's difficult to say too much about what exactly is going on - it appears to be the voice of Jacob (Roman) and the hand of Esau (Emenalo) to me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
I repeat, nothing has changed.
Either Torres has decided to buckle up or it's one of those runs.

coogar:

i can write everything bluediva knows about football on a mustard seed! grin

At least i know Torres is a dud. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
Is Romeu done for the season? Hehehe don't phock with Mikel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
Can't we talk of other stuffs like the upcoming Club world cup.
Torres talk has been overflogged abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
This is the damning evidence

[size=18pt]out of 9 clearcut chances Torres scores 2.[/size]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:06am On Dec 11, 2012
debosky:

What if Roman has also said Mikel has to play (hence the new 5 year contract)and told Emenalo not to buy a DM? It's difficult to say too much about what exactly is going on - it appears to be the voice of Jacob (Roman) and the hand of Esau (Emenalo) to me.

The mad Russian knows nothing about footie except "Torres must play".

The slimeball impostor can do many things with this squad bar the Torres issue that the mad Russian will be none the wiser about.

Why is he sucking the mad Russian's deek so closely as to attempt to rid all strikers and leave wingers com strikers like Schurrle as Torres only competition?

Left to me, I would pop in a sub £10m striker like Wily Bony into ma squad that would carry the team when Torres inevitably flops. Roman would be none the wiser thinking such cheap striker is only back up.

Roman also has nothing to do with midfield issue. Mikel and Ramires are Emenalo's pet project. Ramires is his first signing and Mikel is his brother with red cap.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2012
A-40:

With ACN coming up, a replacement must be found.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sawyer89: 3:37am On Dec 11, 2012
I don't know how true but I read in one of these transfer gossips that Chelsea is preparing a €30 milla transfer fee for Sergio Busquet inorder to bring him to London in January.
Guess the TD is restructuring the defensive midfield.I hope that is true sha 'cos the restructuring is long overdue.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2012
sawyer89: I don't know how true but I read in one of these transfer gossips that Chelsea is preparing a €30 milla transfer fee for Sergio Busquet inorder to bring him to London in January.
Guess the TD is restructuring the defensive midfield.I hope that is true sha 'cos the restructuring is long overdue.
€30m for that dat actor!? I will rather spend £14m on somebody like Cheik Tiote
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Our first match in the CWC is in a few days time and we will be playing against a good Mexican side but I don't think we will have too much problem if we take our chances sharpish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
A-40:

Na BOGOF deal Mikel do with Baba Dibia - convince Chelski to give me a new 5 year deal and deal with my rivals simultaneously. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
debosky:

Na BOGOF deal Mikel do with Baba Dibia - convince Chelski to give me a new 5 year deal and deal with my rivals simultaneously. grin

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Once again I have shut the pro Torres camp with incontrovertible fact that Torres is useless. The least clear cut chance conversion among top strikers

Torres has the worst minute per goal of all the strikers compared, Tied for the least shot on target with Giroud, , Has the lowest shots off target (What we have been saying Torres is too timid to take shots) The worst min/per shots on targe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
dayokanu: Once again I have shut the pro Torres camp with incontrovertible fact that Torres is useless. The least clear cut chance conversion among top strikers

Torres has the worst minute per goal of all the strikers compared, Tied for the least shot on target with Giroud, , Has the lowest shots off target (What we have been saying Torres is too timid to take shots) The worst min/per shots on targe
That really was the Coup De Grace now the issue has been settled na to proceed to other things remain

Knockout!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
dayokanu: Once again I have shut the pro Torres camp with incontrovertible fact that Torres is useless. The least clear cut chance conversion among top strikers

how did i miss this? chimo!!!!
dayo's brain is doing the usual 21-fart salute again. the faggöt didn't even consider the fact that clear cut chance = chances from open play and the ones from a set piece. a tevez that has almost a dead accuracy in tucking his penalty would have his conversion rate higher than nando torres(who does not have the same luxury)....what a gibbon!

worst minute per goal - idiotic teammates not passing to him.
least shot on target - idiotic teammates not giving him the ball in the final third
lowest shots off target? you mean torres being more accurate with his shots on target is a demerit? somebody should please return this brainless beanpole back to his village. the money spent on your development is a waste.

how can you blame a striker for having the lowest shot off target? christ!
nateevs, you are unkind! you read this piece and you were enjoying it selfishly without sending me a PM to come laugh off dayo's idiocy. if the height of stupidity is as tall as everest, dayo would skip it in one attempt! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
rotflmao

i just love coogar man. . . .no homo though.

dude and nateevs asked for stats.
stats have been supplied with damining evidence but coogar somehow isnt convinced.

lmao . . . i love you man!

no homills braw!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
OMO IBO: rotflmao
i just love coogar man. . . .no homo though.

dude and nateevs asked for stats.
stats have been supplied with damining evidence but coogar somehow isnt convinced.

lmao . . . i love you man!

no homills braw!

but look at the stats supplied.....
a whopping 33% of the goals torres has scored were not included. now every striker bar suarez completed 90 mins on that chart. demba ba, defoe and tevez fired blanks while torres scored 2 goals. are you saying this adjustment would not read a better results for torres?

then again, clear cut chances = chances from open play + chances from set pieces.
torres until last weekend never took a set piece for chelsea. the others mostly took and it's easier to score from 12 yards or a direct freekick at the edge of the box with defenders 10 yards away than scoring from open play. obviously, torres would be disadvantaged!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
coogar:

how did i miss this? chimo!!!!
dayo's brain is doing the usual 21-fart salute again. the faggöt didn't even consider the fact that clear cut chance = chances from open play and the ones from a set piece. a tevez that has almost a dead accuracy in tucking his penalty would have his conversion rate higher than nando torres(who does not have the same luxury)....what a gibbon!

Lets watch another spin now? Coogar can you tell us how many Penalties has Tevez, Ba or all those strikers taken this season? Waiting for an answer. Remove the penalty figures and recompute. Lets see.

worst minute per goal - idiotic teammates not passing to him.
least shot on target - idiotic teammates not giving him the ball in the final third
lowest shots off target? you mean torres being more accurate with his shots on target is a demerit? somebody should please return this brainless beanpole back to his village. the money spent on your development is a waste.

how can you blame a striker for having the lowest shot off target? christ!
nateevs, you are unkind! you read this piece and you were enjoying it selfishly without sending me a PM to come laugh off dayo's idiocy. if the height of stupidity is as tall as everest, dayo would skip it in one attempt! grin

I know you are dumb and if you cant see that Total shots is a summation of shots on target and off target

In summary Torres has the lowest shots taken of all the strikers polled..

My job is to show the public your foolishness and almost everyone on this thread has seen that you are being dishonest while Nateevs is just being dumb. You know the truth but just twist it, Nateevs on the other hand doesnt know any better. He still believes Vertical passes were what made Torres score on Saturday
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Lets watch another spin now? Coogar can you tell us how many Penalties has Tevez, Ba or all those strikers taken this season? Waiting for an answer. Remove the penalty figures and recompute. Lets see.

you carry the burden of proof....
recompute with the latest stats and let us have the results. penalties ain't the only set piece in football. there's direct freekick too like the one van persie scored against city! it's a clear cut chance.

I know you are dumb and if you cant see that Total shots is a summation of shots on target and off target. In summary Torres has the lowest shots taken of all the strikers polled..

you are simply mentally deranged for blaming a player with the highest accuracy in shots taken. torres' 63% means he's more accurate than his peers - the total lack of shots means he doesn't get enough chances from his team mates. torres has played more minutes than most of the strikers on that list, why is he with the lowest clear cut chances?

My job is to show the public your foolishness and almost everyone on this thread has seen that you are being dishonest while Nateevs is just being dumb. You know the truth but just twist it, Nateevs on the other hand doesnt know any better. He still believes Vertical passes were what made Torres score on Saturday

your stats do not show the actual situation of things.....
33% of torres' goals were not included in your stats. besides, the clear cut chances included dead ball situations which torres never took as at the time the stats were computed.

nateevs is busy laughing at your idiocy blaming a guy with the lowest "off target" shots! that's the height of your stupidity tonight. i have murdered you on the arsenal thread and i have decapitated your head here. dayo, nowhere to hide!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
Did anyone see Steven Fletchers goal just now? while Fernandud keeps waiting for service on plates

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, afrodoc2, Kimbeast and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.