Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,821 members, 7,962,657 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11256653 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (20009) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:01am On Jan 07, 2013
Looool my point fading? This ninja must be having a laugh! I said from the get go that I don't expect you to admit that perhaps Torres has been a wasteman all along. Your eulogy on Ba is the closest to admission and I'm satisfied with that
If Torres had scored a brace yesterday you wouldn't
say $hit on Ba so stop lying through your teeth

There's nothing to admit. If you like, invent sh1t from now till tomorrow. I stand by my statements. If Chelsea had played to the strengths of Torres, he would have achieved more success. There's no way for you to know if I would not have said anything on Ba has Torres scored a brace yesterday, so you cannot prove I am lying. I don' have time for childish discussions.

Nigga hush!! On a very good day and prior to Torres's failure at Chelsea who in his right mind would have compared Ba to Torres either as a footballer or as a striker! Is this nigga raving mad?? Ba vs Torres would you have had the boldness to compare both on this forum before he joined Chelsea! The mere fact that a player like Ba who can't even be ranked among the top 20 strikers in Europe is viewed as a better player/striker than Torres does that not say it all? Isn't that the point I have been trying to stress to a simple minded fella like you

I repeat. There is a difference between a good footballer and a good striker. Drogba's technique till he left Chelsea was average. I was constantly criticised on here for having the nerve to say it. It was the truth and even Ibime agreed with me. I pasted numerous times on here how many times Drogba lost the ball, pass completion rate and possession stats. however, as a striker (the dude who puts the ball in the net), he was unrivalled.

Torres was exactly the same, his touch has failed him many many times before. If you disagree go watch videos of Torres. What Torres had on his side in 2008 was that he was 23 and had amazing acceleration from rest which allowed him to recover quickly. Demba on the other hand, irrespective of his previous status, has better technique of keeping the ball in his stride. This is the difference I am making. ABILITY vs OUTPUT. Simple grammar homie.

This was my statement after Ba's signing Does it sound like someone sitting on the fence? You think everyone is a fence sitting shape shifting ninja like you. If Ba ends up a flop like Torres I would admit rather than manufacture every excuse under the sun and flippin mode like Bussa Buss

Ok. So now it's about my sitting on the fence. No longer about me switching sides. Have we dropped that now? Oh thank God.

You say Torres is a flop. I say no. Why can't everyone move on and enjoy their lives? Why must you force me to accept your point of view. Who the phuck are you? Lord of soccer? If Ba flops tomorrow and you choose to call it the way you want, then good luck to you. If I choose to flip flop like Busta bust, then that's my opinion.

Look at this spin doctor!! Unlike you I was not sitting on the fence saying may the better striker get the spot!! My stand was clear from day 1. So kill that foolishness

Phocking shameless ninjah. Your stance was clear about what Ba will turn out to be if played on the wings. Very different about your stance on Ba if/when played in the centre which is the bone of contention. No, you did not give an opinion on Ba's potential success in the lone role so stop the lying. If anything, just like me you were sitting on the fence and there's nothing to justify you weren't. In fact, you asked me what if Ba ends up worse than Torres? Was that another stance?

You just dey box yourself inside corner. "Demba will outscore Torres" was not the argument simp

So what is? You said you made a stance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:57am On Jan 07, 2013
nateevs:

There's nothing to admit. If you like, invent sh1t from now till tomorrow. I stand by my statements. If Chelsea had played to the strengths of Torres, he would have achieved more success. There's no way for you to know if I would not have said anything on Ba has Torres scored a brace yesterday, so you cannot prove I am lying. I don' have time for childish discussions.
See this maalu! When Torres was scoring despite the team not playing to Torres's 'strengths' it was because he had regained his confidence. The goals have dried up you have gone back to the same old excuse. Pathetic

You have a proven record of shifting sides on issues at the drop of a dime. You would not have said $hit on Ba

nateevs:

I repeat. There is a difference between a good footballer and a good striker. Drogba's technique till he left Chelsea was average. I was constantly criticised on here for having the nerve to say it. It was the truth and even Ibime agreed with me. I pasted numerous times on here how many times Drogba lost the ball, pass completion rate and possession stats. however, as a striker (the dude who puts the ball in the net), he was unrivalled.
Ba at his peak could not shine Torres's boots at his peak!! Torres was a good footballer and a good striker. Torres has been a flop at Chelsea but comparing their achievements overall you would be suffering from river blindness to do that

nateevs:
Torres was exactly the same, his touch has failed him many many times before. If you disagree go watch videos of Torres. What Torres had on his side in 2008 was that he was 23 and had amazing acceleration from rest which allowed him to recover quickly. Demba on the other hand, irrespective of his previous status, has better technique of keeping the ball in his stride. This is the difference I am making. ABILITY vs OUTPUT. Simple grammar homie.
Hahahaha in your desperate bid to win an argument you keep sinking deeper into the morass. Not even the hardest Torres hater would question Torres's first touch,control,technique and ability. How would he have made the Spanish Natl team with even an average first touch. Ba to Torres?? If Ba was always better than Torres like you claimed why is he just joining his first big club at almost 28? Is this nigga serious sef. You mean the same Torres that onc
e finished as the 3rd best player on the planet. Why is everyone on Torres's case? Isn't it because yall expected so much better

nateevs:
Ok. So now it's about my sitting on the fence. No longer about me switching sides. Have we dropped that now? Oh thank God.
Ohh my goodness what a simpleton! Are u ret@rded or sumn? You sat on the fence on Ba and you have switched sides since! Should Torres get back to scoring I won't be suprised to see you jocking him again. Na ur way

nateevs:
If I choose to flip flop like Busta bust, then that's my opinion.
Flip on flipper

nateevs:
Phocking shameless ninjah. Your stance was clear about what Ba will turn out to be if played on the wings. Very different about your stance on Ba if/when played in the centre which is the bone of contention. No, you did not give an opinion on Ba's potential success in the lone role so stop the lying.
If Ba doesn't play on the flanks where would he play? Goalkeeper? Defender? Central midfield? I even mentioned Torres abi who is Ba in direct competition with for a position on the team
Smh @ this special needs child

nateevs:
If anything, just like me you were sitting on the fence and there's nothing to justify you weren't. In fact, you asked me what if Ba ends up worse than Torres? Was that another stance?

Now you are just all over the place jumping like a cat on a hot tin roof (copyright Debosky 2013)
Anyone with an IQ higher than zero can read my post and deduce whose side of the debate I was on before the game. You on the other hand went from may the better striker start to Demba Ba has always had a higher footballing ability,technique and instinct on the back of one game. So I ask you again Who switched sides or did you just realize this on Saturday?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:58am On Jan 07, 2013
Abeg make I redirect my attention to RG3 and co
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:45am On Jan 07, 2013
A-40:

See this maalu! When Torres was scoring despite the team not playing to Torres's 'strengths' it was because he had regained his confidence. The goals have dried up you have gone back to the same old excuse. Pathetic

You have a proven record of shifting sides on issues at the drop of a dime. You would not have said $hit on Ba
Ba at his peak could not shine Torres's boots at his peak!! Torres was a good footballer and a good striker. Torres has been a flop at Chelsea but comparing their achievements overall you would be suffering from river blindness to do that

Hahahaha in your desperate bid to win an argument you keep sinking deeper into the morass. Not even the hardest Torres hater would question Torres's first touch,control,technique and ability. How would he have made the Spanish Natl team with even an average first touch. Ba to Torres?? If Ba was always better than Torres like you claimed why is he just joining his first big club at almost 28? Is this nigga serious sef. You mean the same Torres that onc
e finished as the 3rd best player on the planet. Why is everyone on Torres's case? Isn't it because yall expected so much better
Ohh my goodness what a simpleton! Are u ret@rded or sumn? You sat on the fence on Ba and you have switched sides since! Should Torres get back to scoring I won't be suprised to see you jocking him again. Na ur way
Flip on flipper
If Ba doesn't play on the flanks where would he play? Goalkeeper? Defender? Central midfield? I even mentioned Torres abi who is Ba in direct competition with for a position on the team
Smh @ this special needs child
Now you are just all over the place jumping like a cat on a hot tin roof (copyright Debosky 2013)
Anyone with an IQ higher than zero can read my post and deduce whose side of the debate I was on before the game. You on the other hand went from may the better striker start to Demba Ba has always had a higher footballing ability,technique and instinct on the back of one game. So I ask you again Who switched sides or did you just realize this on Saturday?

This has become utterly childish. My d1kc is bigger than yours argument.
You say Torres is a flop, I say No! Don't force your opinions on me. Let everyone know what side they are on.
If Torres scores, I support him. When he doesn't I try my best to analyse why not and give my point of view. If you don't accept, good luck.

Demba Ba is a Chelsea player, I support him. From inception or the back of one game, that's ur problem to resolve.
You say I switched sides and that I change my mind. I say No. You don't agree, everybody, move on!!

If it happens that I changed my mind, it's my phocking mind homie. I mean FFS, you used to support Arsenal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
nateevs:

This has become utterly childish. My d1kc is bigger than yours argument.
You say Torres is a flop, I say No! Don't force your opinions on me. Let everyone know what side they are on.
If Torres scores, I support him. When he doesn't I try my best to analyse why not and give my point of view. If you don't accept, good luck.

Demba Ba is a Chelsea player, I support him. From inception or the back of one game, that's ur problem to resolve.
You say I switched sides and that I change my mind. I say No. You don't agree, everybody, move on!!

If it happens that I changed my mind, it's my phocking mind homie. I mean FFS, you used to support Arsenal.
Then you admit and save us your verbal gymnastics!! No one is asking you not to switch positions whenever you please! Just be honest about it and don't play on a ninja's intelligence

I used to support Arsenal. And? What does that have to do with anything?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
^^^lol. You guys sha. grin

meanwhile...Lamps will leave at the end of the season according to his agent. At least so says soccernet.

This club just no respect any player sha. cheesy And if they continue this way, players shouldn't be blamed should they decide to leave for a bigger pay elsewhere.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ba on Soton match

'It makes football look easy, I just try to run in behind and create space for the midfielders because I know when they have space they will be dangerous,' explained Ba.

'When you have players like this, that understand football perfectly, you just have to run and the ball will come into your feet, and that's what I tried to do.

'I'm very pleased, I saw it when I played against them, but they are world-class players and when you play with them it's completely different. They create spaces, provide good passes and they are very intelligent in their game. '

source :

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3032417/title/ba-best-feeling
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ba on torres

'I just want to enjoy my football, it's not about pressure, it's about playing a game I like, and that's what I'm doing,' said the player who has now scored 15 goals this season.

'I'm here to help the group and the team; it's not about taking the position of someone else. I know Fernando is the main man.

'I've just come, I will learn from people and I will learn from him as well because his history is much bigger than mine.'

source:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
Double post
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Demba Ba talk say Moses, Hazard and Mata make things so easy for him but when na Torres now, we go dey hear how difficult they make it for him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
FBS: ^^^lol. You guys sha. grin

meanwhile...Lamps will leave at the end of the season according to his agent. At least so says soccernet.

This club just no respect any player sha. cheesy And if they continue this way, players shouldn't be blamed should they decide to leave for a bigger pay elsewhere.
undecided
There is no bigger pay elsewhere, anywhere!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ibime: Demba Ba talk say Moses, Hazard and Mata make things so easy for him but when na Torres now, we go dey hear how difficult they make it for him.

torres has 14 goals with half the season gone....think about it. he could score 30 goals this season and you would still be here spewing drivel!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sawyer89: 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
app_lord: Ba on torres

'I just want to enjoy my football, it's not about pressure, it's about playing a game I like, and that's what I'm doing,' said the player who has now scored 15 goals this season.

'I'm here to help the group and the team; it's not about taking the position of someone else. I know Fernando is the main man.

'I've just come, I will learn from people and I will learn from him as well because his history is much bigger than mine.'

source:

Very mature response from him.I can't wait to see him bagging goals for Chelsea in the EPL. Go Chelsea! Chelsea Go!!
Some transfer rumors are beginning to pour in though.Heard Chelsea is planning buying Isco of Malaga and Benat of Betis. Heard Benat will cost 20 million Euros.Both are to be brought in in the summer. The sky is always blue!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
AlterEgo™:

undecided
There is no bigger pay elsewhere, anywhere!!!!!
seriously? Citeh nko? heck even Anzhi pays more! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ibime: Demba Ba talk say Moses, Hazard and Mata make things so easy for him but when na Torres now, we go dey hear how difficult they make it for him.

Abi ooo. The same midfielders we were told that are selfish and dont play with any striker already get accolades from Demba Ba.

Like they say A poor workman always blames his tools
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
The arguments here just make my day everyday, whether na from torres, to benitez, lamps to MAZACAR, luiz to mikel, there's never a dull moment. Keep it up guys!

Happy birthday to Eden Hazard as he turns 22 today!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
Taison Chelsea - Matalist Kharkiv (Europa tied)
isco - malaga (Malaga is broke)
Benat - Real Beatis

^^ All have been linked to chelsea, but the issue here, is that they are all midfielders. And we all know quite well, that the midfield department is crowded (current players in the first team, those on loan and in the academy)

I guess enemalo and his aides have lost it (burning hunger for flare players).

No link to a RB, LB, DMF, or another CF.

Maybe and just maybe (we hope so), they are secretly working on necessary (not fantasy) deals that will get CFC rocking and their fans giggling.

Cheers mate !!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wonlasewonimi: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

torres has 14 goals with half the season gone....think about it. he could score 30 goals this season and you would still be here spewing drivel!

If to say na every 3 corner kicks make a goal, 30 goals go dey easy for am.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 8:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
FBS:
seriously? Citeh nko? heck even Anzhi pays more! grin
Tah! That will only happen when Chelsea truly doesn't need the said player's services again! tongue grin
wonlasewonimi:

If to say na every 3 corner kicks make a goal, 30 goals go dey easy for am.
grin grin grin

Leave that abirun abeg, imm don dey gbongbolosiga grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
app_lord: Taison Chelsea - Matalist Kharkiv (Europa tied)
isco - malaga (Malaga is broke)
Benat - Real Beatis

^^ All have been linked to chelsea, but the issue here, is that they are all midfielders. And we all know quite well, that the midfield department is crowded (current players in the first team, those on loan and in the academy)

I guess enemalo and his aides have lost it (burning hunger for flare players).

No link to a RB, LB, DMF, or another CF.

Maybe and just maybe (we hope so), they are secretly working on necessary (not fantasy) deals that will get CFC rocking and their fans giggling.

Cheers mate !!!

Whilst there is a pressing need to beef up the number of attackers (City and United each have 4), there's no need for a LB and RB and no pressing need for DMF.

We have 3 RBs - Cesar, Ivanovic and Ferriera.
We have 2 LBs - Cole and Bertrand.

The DMF issue is one that creates a lot of debate on here. The debate stems from the way individuals see the game. I believe that in Mikel, Ramires, Lampard and Luiz, we have a combination of DMFs that can win games.

I don't know about the Taison fella but in the links with Isco and Benat, I see potential.

-----------------------------------------

Emenalo is only interpreting what Roman has desired for a long time. Barca-esque style of play. Let's cut the guy some slack.
The only problem I have is that with Wallace joining in the summer and perhaps Piazon joining the first team proper, we are turning into a side of foreigners. Especially Brazilians.
The only home-grown players we are likely to have here next year are Chalobah and Josh both who are still not ready. This is going to create a massive problem in the future.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
Someone who is always wrong every season sees a problem in the way sane individuals see the game.

Has Ramires not disgraced himself enough in midfield?

Is Lampard not leaving soon?

Is Mikel not a basket? If Mikel was not a footballer, I believe he would be a MOPOL because all he does is "escort" players. FFS, he is the reason we are not in the Champions league, the way he was escorting Marchisio even when we were leading 2-0 and directly and solely responsible for the equaliser which knocked us out.

I usually take longer to form judgement but at this stage, Luiz is doing too many things wrong that normal central midfielders wouldn't do.

Now that Emenalo has bought a striker, priority is defensive midfielder.

Benat is the only player I would take there to replace Lampard + 2 solid DMs to replace Mikel and Ramires. There is no rationale for Taison and Isco whilst Oscar cannot get a game.

Oscar no fit start, yet some boys dey wait for Taison.

You wonder why these guys lose the main arguments every season when their footie knowledge or outlook is so poor. I already know Nateevs never played any serious football, and from his postings, I can easily deduce he is one of those 5 ft 7 inch guys who weigh 65kg like my guy Sean who hang on the wing doing silly infuriating flicks and losing the ball while the real warriors get busy in the middle of the action. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

since you love torres so much and like you already said once only a mumu coach would let torres flop ,can you take torres and give us persie or rooney ,am sure fergie would let all the players play to nando's strenght undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ibime: You wonder why these guys lose the main arguments every season when their footie knowledge or outlook is so poor. I already know Nateevs never played any serious football, and from his postings, I can easily deduce he is one of those 5 ft 7 inch guys who weigh 65kg like my guy Sean who hang on the wing doing silly infuriating flicks and losing the ball while the real warriors get busy in the middle of the action. cheesy

You mean like feather weight Duduspace?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
mithel:

since you love torres so much and like you already said once only a mumu coach would let torres flop ,can you take torres and give us persie or rooney ,am sure fergie would let all the players play to nando's strenght undecided undecided

i wanted torres in the summer - look for my previous posts on this thread. i remember mentioning it i would have torres to partner rooney. he's more suited to our attacking football than chelsea's insipid football. that van persie goal against west ham are the type of goals chelsea can't set up for torres. 60-yard pass - how often do u see such at chelsea these days?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ibime: Someone who is always wrong every season sees a problem in the way sane individuals see the game.

Has Ramires not disgraced himself enough in midfield?

Is Lampard not leaving soon?

Is Mikel not a basket? If Mikel was not a footballer, I believe he would be a MOPOL because all he does is "escort" players. FFS, he is the reason we are not in the Champions league, the way he was escorting Marchisio even when we were leading 2-0 and directly and solely responsible for the equaliser which knocked us out.

I usually take longer to form judgement but at this stage, Luiz is doing too many things wrong that normal central midfielders wouldn't do.

Now that Emenalo has bought a striker, priority is defensive midfielder.

Benat is the only player I would take there to replace Lampard + 2 solid DMs to replace Mikel and Ramires. There is no rationale for Taison and Isco whilst Oscar cannot get a game.

Oscar no fit start, yet some boys dey wait for Taison.

You wonder why these guys lose the main arguments every season when their footie knowledge or outlook is so poor. I already know Nateevs never played any serious football, and from his postings, I can easily deduce he is one of those 5 ft 7 inch guys who weigh 65kg like my guy Sean who hang on the wing doing silly infuriating flicks and losing the ball while the real warriors get busy in the middle of the action. cheesy

Sharap! You don start again. Which one concern me with Taison? Dude I don't even know.
Neither did I ask for Isco. If you ask me, Benat is the guy I will take.

I made my pick from reality not just desire. Mikel just signed a 5 year contract, he isn't going anywhere.
Neither is Ramires. If anyone leaves, it's likely to be Romeu. So you are not having 2 DMFs.

Mate, stop this. Mikel made one mistake but we went to Turin and allowed ourselves to be beaten 3-0 when all we had to do was draw.
If we drew that game, we finish 11 points. Juve finish 10 and Sharktar 10 assuming all other results stay the same.
How do you blame one person for not qualifying when we had 5 games to play after the supposed 2-2 draw?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 9:20am On Jan 08, 2013
@ nateevs

hmmmmn! Interesting !

So we should look forward to 3-7-0 formation (attack! Attack! Attack!). Like we have forgotten di matteos tactical blunder (5-5-0), in the away game to juventus. Does'nt make sense to me, there should always be a balance. We are not refering to X-box, nitendo, or play-station here.

On the no need for a LB, RB issue ...

Did you watch betrand in the home game to shaktar. The dude is not ready for first team footie, as we all know that cole is leaving this summer.

Infact i cant remember a single match this season, inwhich betrand had a good game. Correct me if i'm wrong.

As for Azpli, he's so in a hurry to impress (I'm the right GUY), that he rams forward like a motorcycle (careless lagos okada) and pumps appauling crosses.

I agree on ivanovic, but please don't even call ferriera his days are long gone. I guess he knows one or two shots in the board that ensures he still receives his weekly undeserved pay.

what about a goalie ?

Cech's injury is only a sign from above (during the january window), if CFC desire to win any silverware. Then CFC don't have to put all our eggs in cech's basket, like we did in torres.

Not easy for a goalie to play all games (FA, CARLING, UEFA, LEAGUE, WCC ... ). A loan deal for another goalie will be appropiate.

So far i'm concerned, Turnbull is no goalie. He's an impesonator.

Cheers mate !!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 9:48am On Jan 08, 2013
@ nateevs

On the DMF role

I just feel we need an enforcer, my personal opinion.

Ramires - good tackler, pacy, bad passer of the ball, another not-so-versertile okada-man

Lampard - To me his not a DMF, spends more time in the opponent's penalty box than his own half.

Mikel - good one-on-one tackler, slow, decisive, cannot define the pace of a game, not a goal scorer.

Luiz - Just an experiment.

And yes, i fear for chelsea becoming a 50/50 spanish-brazillian national team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Taison expected to Sign Tomorrow -- Let the Samba Revolution Continue Jor cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:37am On Jan 08, 2013
Addressing your first post.

When you refer to this not being X-Box or PS it actually refers to YOU. Many fans are not able to make a distinction between what they want for the team and what is practical. Ryan Bertrand and Cesar Azpilicueta each just signed 5 year contracts. So you think they are not good enough but what are you going to do with them? Unless there is overwhelming interest in them, you cannot sell them.

The other way out is to buy one more LB, RB and then send them both on loan. That means they join the list of players who continue to remain on the pay-roll of the club and not playing Essien, Benayoun, Lukaku, Courtouis, Davilla,, Kalas, Ferriera, to name a few. Financially, this is crippling. Unless you are ManCity, you cannot run a club like this. FFP is real. And though some on here don't like to hear this, it's the primary reason the club are getting rid of the high earners. Technically, it's never as easy as just moving a player because you "desire" to see someone else. So yes this is not fantasy football or FM where you change a player on a whim.

Also, Ashley is still here as at this moment and only when he leaves can we sign another LB. Which is in the summer, not now. Regarding their performances, Bertrand is no Ashley Cole and I have always rated Patrick Van Aanholt better. However, I have not seen the terrible performances you refer to. Ryan does a job.

For me, Cesar is a very very decent RB. This issues you raised are things that can be phased out from his game with time. He's only 23 and in his first season.

So, at the moment, I reiterate a LB or RB is not going to happen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
I never subscribed to betrand or azpli's ass being kicked out of chelsea first team. I only view both play as immature and quality competition is required for them to develop.

From my initial post, i was insinuating that if money was to be spent. It should be spent on other departments on the pitch, And not on an already crowded one.

In essense buy what you need not what you desire, otherwise don't buy @ all. FFP is looming as you mentioned earlier.

Reason# In the near future, chelsea might have a reputation of snapping up talent and ending a career these talents never had, because of lack of playing time. And i bet you, no ambitious young talent might consider coming here ever. You should also consider the fact that the press regularly picks on chelsea every now and then (negative footie, 50 m flop, blah blah blah), they will over-blow our condition then ... Trust me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
nateevs: Addressing your first post.

When you refer to this not being X-Box or PS it actually refers to YOU. Many fans are not able to make a distinction between what they want for the team and what is practical. Ryan Bertrand and Cesar Azpilicueta each just signed 5 year contracts. So you think they are not good enough but what are you going to do with them? Unless there is overwhelming interest in them, you cannot sell them.

The other way out is to buy one more LB, RB and then send them both on loan. That means they join the list of players who continue to remain on the pay-roll of the club and not playing Essien, Benayoun, Lukaku, Courtouis, Davilla,, Kalas, Ferriera, to name a few. Financially, this is crippling. Unless you are ManCity, you cannot run a club like this. FFP is real. And though some on here don't like to hear this, it's the primary reason the club are getting rid of the high earners. Technically, it's never as easy as just moving a player because you "desire" to see someone else. So yes this is not fantasy football or FM where you change a player on a whim.

Also, Ashley is still here as at this moment and only when he leaves can we sign another LB. Which is in the summer, not now. Regarding their performances, Bertrand is no Ashley Cole and I have always rated Patrick Van Aanholt better. However, I have not seen the terrible performances you refer to. Ryan does a job.

For me, Cesar is a very very decent RB. This issues you raised are things that can be phased out from his game with time. He's only 23 and in his first season.

So, at the moment, I reiterate a LB or RB is not going to happen.

This Post Gave me a Flashback to the Inkoom's transfer news and am like WTF! Cesar, Wallace, Branislav - This cant Just be a Rightback FC Project.

Our major Concern should be Luring In a CM Or would u say Replace Frank -- Though am still struggling to write the words "Lampard's replacement" to be honest as although I have said it before, I believe that no one will ever replicate his goalscoring record from midfield in my life time again.

Felliani as Dailymail Reports has got 22m buyout Clause to his Contract and i think he could Just be what we need at the Moment Or rather in our assumed 4-2-3-1 Setup -- Modric to Chelsea for me is a no brainer as I believe we should be looking at alternative options and players that bring goals to the squad from midfield. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
Staying at Contrast to Ibime's Football Philosophy is just my best thing wink

I Love tippy-tappy Soccer, i love Winning with Style and I Love Seeing the MAZACAR - Stark contrast to the Big man's Rugged, Do or die Soccer.

Am apparently winning the Fight as we would just add another to our eva growing list of Creative stars - Watch this mates cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsXy14qkbU

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (20009) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 27 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.