Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,767 members, 7,962,536 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11256183 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (20008) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

There's nothing to get straight. You claim I am confessing. I ask how and you are asking more questions. How am I confessing?
Hehehehe admitting Ba is better than Torres is probably as much confession of Torres's dudship as we can possibly get from you. Its a step in the right direction
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
A-40:

Hehehehe admitting Ba is better than Torres is probably as much confession of Torres's dudship as we can possibly get from you. Its a step in the right direction

Mate, it didn't take Demba coming to Chelsea for anyone to know he's outscored Torres inside 3 seasons.
It also does not take Demba coming to Chelsea to know that Demba's touch and movement with the ball is better than Torres'.
Just like Berbatov's all-round technique is better than Torres'.

These facts are in public domain and as such there's nothing to "admit" or "confess".
Therefore I am still confused about the confession.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
lalaboi:

I would but when ppl say stuff like UTD create more chances for their strikers is just annoying. . You see the Giggz ball? They will call that a chance created in UTD, but similar things happen in Chelsea but they say its not a chance or call it a difficult chance. . just to prove their points. . .
no point taking them serious . it's a waste of time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
lalaboi:

I would but when ppl say stuff like UTD create more chances for their strikers is just annoying. . You see the Giggz ball? They will call that a chance created in UTD, but similar things happen in Chelsea but they say its not a chance or call it a difficult chance. . just to prove their points. . .

It's annoys you because you don't want to accept it. United create more chances for their strikers than most PL teams - certainly way more than Chelsea do. Nobody is inventing anything. The stats are there on the world wide web for you to verify and build a logical argument. If you think I am wrong, find stats that back up your point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

Mate, it didn't take Demba coming to Chelsea for anyone to know he's outscored Torres inside 3 seasons.
It also does not take Demba coming to Chelsea to know that Demba's touch and movement with the ball is better than Torres'.

These facts are in public domain and as such there's nothing to "admit" or "confess".
Uh huh! I Interesting to know what then makes him a top striker?
Ok, no more from me on this subject.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Members of the duds camp should buy some shame.
Only a silly person would still attempt to defend the dud.

If the club really wants to compete this season then Ba should always start.
50 million, that will buy 6 Demba Ba's and some change to pay wages.

I'm so excited to have a real striker in the team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

The fact that a previous crock who was an unknown commodity before coming to the PL is being adjudged as better than Torres the same Torres that was one of the most feared strikers in football not too many moons ago. And by the way how did we come up with this deduction that Ba is a better all round striker/player than Torres! Could you have said this 2-3 seasons ago? Is it not their recent performances that made you admit this much?
Abeggi you don't need to say it ho-ha. I won't expect you to wholly say Torres is a dud
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
From neutrality, am sure Torres would have scored today had he played.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
A-40:

The fact that a previous crock who was an unknown commodity before coming to the PL is being adjudged as better than Torres the same Torres that was one of the most feared strikers in football not too many moons ago. And by the way how did we come up with this deduction that Ba is a better all round striker/player than Torres! Could you have said this 2-3 seasons ago? Is it not their recent performances that made you admit this much?
Abeggi you don't need to say it ho-ha. I won't expect you to wholly say Torres is a dud

I am sorry. If it takes moving to an elite league or a bigger club for you to know whose all-round inherent ability and technique is better then I cannot help you. 3 seasons ago, I would have said the exact same. Just like I said the exact same about Drogba's technique even when he was one of the most feared strikers in the world.

Visit Ibime's history for extensive explanation.

--------------------------------------------------

Now you are claiming that I am implicitly confessing. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Make una leave this yarns.

Peep this stat attack:

In 18 months, Mata has copped 25 goals and 36 assists. That's a clinical ninja for you!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Andre Uweh: From neutrality, am sure Torres would have scored today had he played.

just be patient.....
when ba hits his drought, the charlatans would bring up another excuse. see them speaking like torres has never scored a brace for chelsea. this is myopia at its best. ba scores a brace on his debut and he's the next best thing since sliced-bread.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Andre Uweh: From neutrality, am sure Torres would have scored today had he played.

On this forum, what you said is considered being stupid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

I am sorry. If it takes moving to an elite league or a bigger club for you to know whose all-round inherent ability and technique is better then I cannot help you. 3 seasons ago, I would have said the exact same. Just like I said the exact same about Drogba's technique even when he was one of the most feared strikers in the world.

Visit Ibime's history for extensive explanation.

--------------------------------------------------

Now you are claiming that I am implicitly confessing. grin grin
Hahahaha stop it son! Your example doesn't fly here! First of all who was Demba Ba before coming to Newcastle? Lol I never saw you give Ba any props before his breakout season. How can you come out and even claim such? prior to Torres stinking up the joint since getting to Chelsea would you have compared him to Ba on any scale??
I'm saying for the mere fact that a Demba Ba can even be mentioned in the same breath shows how far Torres's stock has fallen. And you say you are not implicitly confessing Torres has been a dud! So what are you now saying?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibime: Make una leave this yarns.

Peep this stat attack:

In 18 months, Mata has copped 25 goals and 36 assists. That's a clinical ninja for you!
Lol Mata is like Chris Paul! MVP type numbers there!
Ba scores a deuce on his debut while Torres waits for 14 games to open his account

Its very interesting to actually see Nateevs concede Ba is the better player already. Should Ba go on a drought and Torres (sic) goes on a purple patch I wonder if he would change his stance again!

Torres has fallen from FIF Pro XI status to comparisons with Demba Ba which no disrespect to him but he isn't among the top 20 strikers in Europe. If that's not subtly admitting Torres has been a wasteman for Chelsea I don't know what is
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
A-40:

Hahahaha stop it son! Your example doesn't fly here! First of all who was Demba Ba before coming to Newcastle? Lol I never saw you give Ba any props before his breakout season. How can you come out and even claim such? prior to Torres stinking up the joint since getting to Chelsea would you have compared him to Ba on any scale??
I'm saying for the mere fact that a Demba Ba can even be mentioned in the same breath shows how far Torres's stock has fallen. And you say you are not implicitly confessing Torres has been a dud! So what are you now saying?

Maybe I need to explain to you. Every striker has their style in front goal. Its been overstated even on these threads. Torres plays in between the lines and relies heavily on quick breaks and through passes to be effective. Chelsea don't play the way Torres needs to score. Chelsea have very slow build up which means that more often than not opposition teams will sit back and soak up pressure. Unfortunately, Torres does not have the inherent footballing ability and technique on the level on Berbatov or Demba to wiggle out of tight spaces.

Demba possesses brilliant tecnique And as Chelsea still build up slowly and allow opposition to sit back, it is likely to suit Demba more. This is why you will find Demba inside the box most times - poacher style and Torres outside of it. Torres tries to find space for himself but we don't play to his strengths.

For the reason of our style of play, is why I concede that Demba is likely to score more goals than Torres. I stand by my comments and will never depart from it. Torres is at the very least a 25 goals-a-season striker if employed effectively. Therefore, this not an admittance that Torres is a dud. Far from it mate. This is an admittance of the individual's inherent footballing ability and how it may enhance or impede their chances in a Chelsea shirt. Simple.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2013

You mean from your crystal Prism or as a dibia you saw that Torres that has failed for most of 2yrs would suddenly get it right today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu:
You mean from your crystal Prism or as a dibia you saw that Torres that has failed for most of 2yrs would suddenly get it right today

what a daft thing to say?
torres has never scored 2 goals in a chelsea shirt before? really?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

By all standards its a silly comment. Torres has played in the same setup and played worse teams than SOuthampton yet couldnt score. 2 days ago he played against the worst team in the league QPR and couldnt score even when one vs one

So what gives the assurance that he would have scored today?

Its like saying if I that couldn't manage 1million Naira properly but if I was given 1 million dollars I would have done better

Demba Ba delivered in West Ham, delivered in newcastle and delivered on his debut
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
coogar:

what a daft thing to say?
torres has never scored 2 goals in a chelsea shirt before? really?

Actually Torres scored his first Chelsea goal after 1,300 min, Demba scored his first Chelsea goal after 30mins.

Khaki no be leather, Monkey yato si Chimpanzee, Akuwarapa yato so Akuyanyan( Epilepsy is different from Death)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu:

By all standards its a silly comment. Torres has played in the same setup and played worse teams than SOuthampton yet couldnt score. 2 days ago he played against the worst team in the league QPR and couldnt score even when one vs one

So what gives the assurance that he would have scored today?

Its like saying if I that couldn't manage 1million Naira properly but if I was given 1 million dollars I would have done better

Demba Ba delivered in West Ham, delivered in newcastle and delivered on his debut

the same torres in a blue shirt has scored against man utd, arsenal, barcelona, newcastle, etc(tougher clubs than southampton). sometimes i think you just type in a spaz mode.

dayokanu:
Actually Torres scored his first Chelsea goal after 1,300 min, Demba scored his first Chelsea goal after 30mins.

Khaki no be leather, Monkey yato si Chimpanzee, Akuwarapa yato so Akuyanyan( Epilepsy is different from Death)

the analogy above is for the simpletons......too simplistic!
henry scored his first goal for arsenal after 2000 mins, macheda did after 3 mins. by dayo's standard, macheda is greater than henry! nice one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

Maybe I need to explain to you. Every striker has their style in front goal. Its been overstated even on these threads. Torres plays in between the lines and relies heavily on quick breaks and through passes to be effective. Chelsea don't play the way Torres needs to score. Chelsea have very slow build up which means that more often than not opposition teams will sit back and soak up pressure. Unfortunately, Torres does not have the inherent footballing ability and technique on the level on Berbatov or Demba to wiggle out of tight spaces.

Demba possesses brilliant tecnique And as Chelsea still build up slowly and allow opposition to sit back, it is likely to suit Demba more. This is why you will find Demba inside the box most times - poacher style and Torres outside of it. Torres tries to find space for himself but we don't play to his strengths.

For the reason of our style of play, is why I concede that Demba is likely to score more goals than Torres. I stand by my comments and will never depart from it. Torres is at the very least a 25 goals-a-season striker if employed effectively. Therefore, this not an admittance that Torres is a dud. Far from it mate. This is an admittance of the individual's inherent footballing ability and how it may enhance or impede their chances in a Chelsea shirt. Simple.

Here we go again

Since January 2011 that he moved to Chelsea also coincided with the time players in Spain no longer played to his strenght and scored 7 goals in 2 yrs

Torres after 2010 has lost it, Infact he was always overrated to start with. I have always said and maintained it on here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
coogar:

the same torres in a blue shirt has scored against man utd, arsenal, barcelona, newcastle, etc(tougher clubs than southampton). sometimes i think you just type in a spaz mode.

Thats why he has 7 almighty goals for Chelsea which he has started every league game for. 7 goals for a top striker who started every game for a top club!!

At least 14 strikers have scored more than Torres

the analogy above is for the simpletons......too simplistic!
henry scored his first goal for arsenal after 2000 mins, macheda did after 3 mins. by dayo's standard, macheda is greater than henry! nice one

Yeah because Henry was bought for 50m, coming from the same league and Henry was a useless striker for bth club and country in the lat 2 yrs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu:
Here we go again
Since January 2011 that he moved to Chelsea also coincided with the time players in Spain no longer played to his strenght and scored 7 goals in 2 yrs

was it in this period he won a golden boot in an international tournament known as euro 2012? i am not sure - dayo, please help me out.

Torres after 2010 has lost it, Infact he was always overrated to start with. I have always said and maintained it on here

golden boot winner has lost it? a player who spent less minutes on the pitch than goal machines like ibrahimovic, rooney, mario gomez, ronaldo, benzema and van persie...and still outscored them has lost it? cheiiiiii - dayo is on a roll tonight!

dayokanu:
Thats why he has 7 almighty goals for Chelsea which he has started every league game for. 7 goals for a top striker who started every game for a top club!!
At least 14 strikers have scored more than Torres

blame chelsea and the idiotic managers they have had since torres joined in.

Yeah because Henry was bought for 50m, coming from the same league and Henry was a useless striker for bth club and country in the lat 2 yrs

so the price-tag suddenly makes a player develop 8 limbs, right?
where am i tonight? in the land of philistines? whose fault if roman paid £50m for torres? did he price himself £50m? if you are foolish enough to pay $500,000 for a volkswagen passat and you thought you would outrun a benz mclaren because of the price-tag then you are a bumbling oaf!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
coogar:

was it in this period he won a golden boot in an international tournament known as euro 2012? i am not sure - dayo, please help me out.

Yeah it was in the time he had 7 goals in 2yrs for his national team

golden boot winner has lost it? a player who spent less minutes on the pitch than goal machines like ibrahimovic, rooney, mario gomez, ronaldo, benzema and van persie...and still outscored them has lost it? cheiiiiii - dayo is on a roll tonight!

Golden boot winner who was even aa benchwarmer in all games that mattered to the team? and mostly used as a time wasting sub
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu:
Yeah it was in the time he had 7 goals in 2yrs for his national team

so lemme get this straight - in the last 2 yrs, torres scored 7 goals for spain, won a golden boot, won euro 2012 and scored in the last 2 finals of the same competition, right? he has already done more than the whole german team in the last 16 yrs. grin

Golden boot winner who was even aa benchwarmer in all games that mattered to the team? and mostly used as a time wasting sub

it begs the question - how did this bench warmer manage to outscore the starters? logic dictates a player on the bench should be peripheral, no? torres is the first bench warmer that won the golden boot of a football tournament in the history of association football!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
Only that none of goals was a goal that count.

Thats why he was a benchwarmer all competition
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu: Only that none of goals was a goal that count.
Thats why he was a benchwarmer all competition

i never knew uefa now use purfication techniques to separate goals that count and the ones that don't count. torres won the golden boot outscoring his peers by scoring all his goals from open play and someone said his goals didn't count. go n take the award from him and give it to gomez(the german whose goals counted)!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

Maybe I need to explain to you. Every striker has their style in front goal. Its been overstated even on these threads. Torres plays in between the lines and relies heavily on quick breaks and through passes to be effective. Chelsea don't play the way Torres needs to score. Chelsea have very slow build up which means that more often than not opposition teams will sit back and soak up pressure.
Strikers can adapt!!! Did you see Falcao in his early days at Porto? All he did was knock in tap-ins! These days he even scores free-kicks! Torres does not even possess the attributes that helped him in the past at least not on a consistent basis. Acceleration gone,strength gone,first touch gone,decision making gone! Torres has no strengths to play to

nateevs:
Unfortunately, Torres does not have the inherent footballing ability and technique on the level on Berbatov or Demba to wiggle out of tight spaces.
Is this guy serious?? Are you comparing Ba to Torres in the tekkers department? Even putting him in the same bracket with Berbatov? Haha mogbe! Lemme even give you an escape route. Are you saying Ba always had the superior footballing ability and technique
Demba Ba has a higher ability to wiggle out of tight spaces?? Since when? Hehehe orishirishi

nateevs:
Are you saying this because Ba scored twice today? Did you say this when Torres was on a mini run? What happened to the confidence and other megedefegede you where chatting
And by the way Ba is not the classic poacher/fox in the box
The difference between Ba and Torres is not far-fetched one has improved the other has regressed!

nateevs:
25 goals! This present Torres? Aww stop it man you are killing me
Lol Ba has not played two games and you have switched sides already! I kinda hope Ba goes on a dry run I wonder what you would say then
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

What do you mean?.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:08am On Jan 06, 2013
Andre Uweh:
What do you mean?.

he meant you spoke the truth but the plebs on this forum are too daft to admit it!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 12:21am On Jan 06, 2013
Andre Uweh:
What do you mean?.

It was silly. . grin but he tryna make you feel better. Could have put a bet that he would have scored against QPR? The bottom league club?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:51am On Jan 06, 2013
@coogar is that Torres golden boot not the THREE goals golden boot?

was it not the one he had same number of goals with other players and was awarded it because he scored in a later stage of thectournament ?

was it that golden boot or another?

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (20008) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.