Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,241 members, 7,887,683 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10859735 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nihilist:

2003 was 14 years ago.

Between 2003 and today, Italy have won the World Cup, and played in a EURO final and quarter final. Yet none of their players has come to England and not flopped.

How come they are doing relatively well internationally, but can't replicate such success individually outside of Italy?

This jinx will be broken one day and i think it will be with belotti under conte. Just like suarez, belotti started as a winger and his work ethics on the pitch is impressive. He will succeed in epl under conte .

CapitalCee:

You forgot Zaza

Was zaza a serie a star? Did he ever score upto 15 goals in a season over there?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
airmark:

This jinx will be broken one day and i think it will be with belotti under conte. Just like suarez, belotti started as a winger and his work ethics on the pitch is impressive. He will succeed in epl under conte .

Was zaza a serie a star? Did he ever score upto 15 goals in a season over there?

It took Suarez 2 good seasons to acclimatise to the gruelling physical demands of EPL.

But Suarez wasn't signed for 100m by Liverpool...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nihilist:

It took Suarez 2 good seasons to acclimatise to the gruelling physical demands of EPL.

But Suarez wasn't signed for 100m by Liverpool...

Belotti will joining the defending champion. Suarez joined a liverpool team that didnt qualify for ucl. There's sharp contrast in teams' quality. Forget the amount, we should be concerned about what he brings to the table. Everyone knows the market has been bastardized. Our focus should be can conte bring out his best to help the team? My answer is YES.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nihilist:

When I said 'almost', Borini was the target.

Ogbonna was in the Champions League final with Juve only a few months before he signed for WestHam. He had also played for Italy at Euro 2012. He definitely had a big reputation when he arrived.

I don't want to hear any excuses for Balotelli abeg. It's not like he really shone for Man City other than the few good games.

Same as all those other guys.

We are talking about Capped Internationals here for Italy not Benin Republic... yet not one can be described as a success in any context while playing in England.

Why?

How come?

Capped internationals because there's been a dearth of quality strikers in Italian football. And that's the point, not the fact that they are capped. Would these players smell invites, let alone shirts, when Roberto Baggio wore the Azzurri colours?

That's the point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
airmark:

which match did belotti play as a winger? Because I can't see none. Is it oshodi fc vs Julius berger?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
nateevs:

Capped internationals because there's been a dearth of quality strikers in Italian football. And that's the point, not the fact that they are capped. Would these players smell invites, let alone shirts, when Roberto Baggio wore the Azzurri colours?

That's the point.

Yet these players are making it to Euro 2012 finals, and Euro 2016 quarters to lose unluckily on Penalties to Germany.

Simone Zaza, Pelle, Darmian and Giacherinni played in those games.

Yet flop hard in EPL. How manage?

So It's not as if these players are not doing well in other scenarios.

This tells me that there is a culture clash. These players look decent in slow paced leagues and international tournaments where there's an overwhelming focus on slow paced, defensive tactical football. When they come to the intensely physically demanding, high octane EPL, they flop hard.

That's why almost any attacker you can think of can leave England and thrive in Italy, and not vice versa.

That's why Dani Alves ran away to PSG.

EPL boys don't fück about
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SamzySamuel(m): 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Barcelona make Chelsea star their number one transfer target this summer

See What Happening Here: http://ezeudoyesamuel.cf/Sports/Barcelona+make+Chelsea+star+their+number+one+transfer+target+this+summer

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:01am On Jul 13, 2017
SamzySamuel:

See What Happening Here: http://ezeudoyesamuel.cf/Sports/Barcelona+make+Chelsea+star+their+number+one+transfer+target+this+summer

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:05am On Jul 13, 2017
lordfalcao:
which match did belotti play as a winger? Because I can't see none. Is it oshodi fc vs Julius berger?

Stop disgracing yourself. Someone asked you earlier today if you were having problem with reading and comprehension. Read below.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2017
airmark:

Stop disgracing yourself. Someone asked you earlier today if you were having problem with reading and comprehension. Read below.
unless he was playing as a winger on trainings.. Then you are the one having comprehension issues.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andrea-belotti/leistungsdaten/spieler/167727

You better let your brain choose 1

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2017
lordfalcao:
unless he was playing as a winger on trainings.. Then you are the one having comprehension issues.

You better let your brain choose 1

Chai. So if i say drogba started as a defender, you will be looking for it on transfermarkt site? You are a real shekpe fan, not a chelsea fan. What bottle are you on now? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2017
airmark:

Chai. So if i say drogba started as a defender, you will be looking for it on transfermarkt site? You are a real shekpe fan, not a chelsea fan. What bottle are you on now? cheesy
bale started as a left back, i can show you matches he played in that position.

how come transfer market have all the matches he played right from academy and also confirmed he played as a mildfielder then but no single match indicating belotti played as a winger?

Ask your brain some questions.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:23am On Jul 13, 2017
airmark:

Airmark why u wan dey run Ur brother down like this?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:32am On Jul 13, 2017
diggz:

Airmark why u wan dey run Ur brother down like this?

He foolishly jumped on my post and deserved flogging, i was being subtle at it. Will you help me educate him that not everything about a player's early years, was captured on transfermarkt site? It's like looking for kanu's stats on that site when he was playing for iwuanyanwu national in 1985. Belotti was converted by albinoleffe's coach, he was initially a winger. Is that difficult to understand, diggz? I dont know why i replied him initially.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:36am On Jul 13, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:37am On Jul 13, 2017
airmark:

He foolishly jumped on my post and deserved flogging, i was being subtle at it. Will you help me educate him that not everything about a player's early years, was captured on transfermarkt site? It's like looking for kanu's stats on that site when he was playing for iwuanyanwu national in 1985. Belotti was converted by albinoleffe's coach, he was initially a winger. Is that difficult to understand, diggz? I dont know why i replied him initially.
i replied your post because i am allergic to lies and i spot them easily.how come is so easy to find out that bale started as a left back in transfermrkt but no single match indicated belotti started as a winger?

Belotti early years started in albinoleffe and it is on transfer market. I will expect you to run away when you don't have facts

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:42am On Jul 13, 2017
At this juncture,there is nothing like I like a player but not for a certain price

If I like him,I fucking want him here......Marina and Abramovich can go broke for all I care
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2017
lordfalcao:
i replied your post because i am allergic to lies and i spot them easily.how come is so easy to find out that bale started as a left back in transfermrkt but no single match indicated belotti started as a winger?

Belotti early years started in albinoleffe and it is on transfer market. I will expect you to run away when you don't have facts

Do you know that pique was a striker before? Can you show me on transfermarkt where it was captured? These are stuffs that are not difficult to understand Mr man. Finish your bottle and go and sleep in peace.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:01am On Jul 13, 2017
airmark:

Do you know that pique was a striker before? Can you show me on transfermarkt where it was captured? These are stuffs that are not difficult to understand Mr man. Finish your bottle and go and sleep in peace.
Jesu!!
Airmark calm down naa.
Kai.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:02am On Jul 13, 2017
But seriously tho.
Is the fact that Héctor Bellerin started as a winger on transfermarkt?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:04am On Jul 13, 2017
airmark:

stop deviating. List the matches pique started as a striker here and I will search it up.

If pique started his career as a striker during matches in his youth club days and transfermarket have the matches, they will surely include d position he played. Unless he was playing as a striker during trainings..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Unlimited22:
But seriously tho.
Is the fact that Héctor Bellerin started as a winger on transfermarkt?
you don't bring out opinions from anus just like that. If you claim bellerin started as a winger then I believe they will be matches he played as a winger. Can you list dem out for us?. I can't tell you that bale started as a leftback without having 1 or two matches to show you.

Modified: we can see bellerin starting as a winger here, you are definitely right..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:10am On Jul 13, 2017
lordfalcao:
you don't bring out opinions from anus just like that. If you claim bellerin started as a winger then I believe they will be matches he played as a winger. Can you list dem out for us?. I can't tell you that bale started as a leftback without having 1 or two matches to show you.
Whose anus?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:12am On Jul 13, 2017
Unlimited22:

Whose anus?
transfermrkt is much accurate than Wikipedia and thus you are right
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:15am On Jul 13, 2017
SamzySamuel:

If I swear for you ehn....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Unlimited22:

Jesu!!
Airmark calm down naa.
Kai.

I don leave am.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:35am On Jul 13, 2017
My sole issue with Belloti is the fact that he has ONLY ONE good season under his belt. It reminds me of a certain Wilfred bony. At Swansea it took bony very little time to adapt to the league and he started bursting nets week in week out.

He was labeled as a beast in the box, a bully for defenders and a very prolific striker. He had the best record for goals that year and was very consistent in his performances against the big teams.

Man-city snapped him that winter break only for him to fade away automatically, he was absolutely useless as even a substitute. Aguero was injured for some months and he couldn't fit into his shoes, he couldn't blend in. They paired him with dzeko, it didn't work out, he was played as a lone striker ,it didn't work. with Man-city lost some key matches that period to hand the title to Chelsea.

That is a typical experience of one season wonders. Especially a very EXPENSIVE YOUNG one at that.

There are a lot of uncertainties surrounding their future. A lot of ''what ifs''and ''I hope''.

What if he cannot blend into the team?
What if the price tag is a burden?
What if his inexperience costs us?
What if he's not suited for a top club?
What if he's not consistent in his performances?

I hope he'll be a big match player.
I hope he wouldn't be injury prone.
I hope he'll adapt to the new environment.

There are just too many uncertainties for such a price tag.

80+ million pounds is not what you throw around not even in this hyper-inflated market. We the fans are just so anxious and eager for a signing no matter the conditions and terms but I think we should always apply strategic thinking and analysis in our wishes and planning for the club.

We shouldn't be overridden by our sentiments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2017
donjazet:
My sole issue with Belloti is the fact that he has ONLY ONE good season under his belt. It reminds me of a certain Wilfred bony. At Swansea it took bony very little time to adapt to the league and he started bursting nets week in week out.

He was labeled as a beast in the box, a bully for defenders and a very prolific striker. He had the best record for goals that year and was very consistent in his performances against the big teams.

Man-city snapped him that winter break only for him to fade away automatically, he was absolutely useless as even a substitute. Aguero was injured for some months and he couldn't fit into his shoes, he couldn't blend in. They paired him with dzeko, it didn't work out, he was played as a lone striker ,it didn't work. with Man-city lost some key matches that period to hand the title to Chelsea.

That is a typical experience of one season wonders. Especially a very EXPENSIVE YOUNG one at that.

There are a lot of uncertainties surrounding their future. A lot of ''what ifs''and ''I hope''.

What if he cannot blend into the team?
What if the price tag is a burden?
What if his inexperience costs us?
What if he's not suited for a top club?
What if he's not consistent in his performances?

I hope he'll be a big match player.
I hope he wouldn't be injury prone.
I hope he'll adapt to the new environment.

There are just too many uncertainties for such a price tag.

80+ million pounds is not what you throw around not even in this hyper-inflated market. We the fans are just so anxious and eager for a signing no matter the conditions and terms but I think we should always apply strategic thinking and analysis in our wishes and planning for the club.

I'd still prefer Aubameyang.
Aubameyang and Bakayoko will make that team so, so much stronger.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:41am On Jul 13, 2017
donjazet:

Nice one, if you are in conte's shoe, how will you resolve this issue?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:47am On Jul 13, 2017
airmark:

Nice one, if you are in conte's shoe, how will you resolve this issue?

I quite agree with nlimited22 here

Unlimited22:

I'd still prefer Aubameyang.
Aubameyang and Bakayoko will make that team so, so much stronger.

Abumeyang seems the cheapest and at the same time the proven one amongst our current limited options. It's best we go for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 2:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Nihilist:

2003 was 14 years ago.

Between 2003 and today, Italy have won the World Cup, and played in a EURO final and quarter final. Yet none of their players has come to England and not flopped.

How come they are doing relatively well internationally, but can't replicate such success individually outside of Italy?

it's just because they prefer to do their business at home, best players in German national team do their business in bundesliga, best players in Spain play in laliga so also is in Italy, so don't they need to come to EPL to proof a point, and u know all these country they are rival to one another
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:06am On Jul 13, 2017
donjazet:

I quite agree with nlimited22 here

Abumeyang seems the cheapest and at the same time the proven one amongst our current limited options. It's best we go for him.

Well i have no problem with auba, he is my second choice. I only prefer belotti considering the number of years he will serve the club at his peak under his countryman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibime(m), patrickmuf(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.