Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,279 members, 7,887,809 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10860705 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 11, 2012
Scolari, Grant, AVB?
So he finally gets the "holy grail" and rewards him with "a year's contract" right?

I still don't get where it proves what you claim. Please

Well, he isn't getting a 1 year contract.
That justifies the claim that RA rewards winning the CL, no matter the style.

Winning is more important for Roman.
JM was sacked not for his style of play but for challenging Roman's interferance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
nateevs:
Scolari, Grant, AVB?
So he finally gets the "holy grail" and rewards him with "a year's contract" right?

Grant was a stop gap - even the mice running along Fulham Road know this. As for the 'year's contract' - that may simply be to counter the large compensation he's been paying over the years. Even though he's gotten the holy grail, Abramovich is still an impulsive owner and may fire him by December. cheesy

AVB was supposed to be JM's second coming, but some of us saw that was going to end in failure as well. grin

I still don't get where it proves what you claim. Please show me.

It proves that the CL has always been the priority of Abramovich, and that winning it buys you more time with the owner. It is clear that the main reason he's been given the job is because he won the CL - if he failed it is highly unlikely he would've gotten the job, with the benefit of a historical precedent - Grant's sacking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
BlueDiva:

Well, he isn't getting a 1 year contract.
That justifies the claim that RA rewards winning the CL, no matter the style.

Winning is more important for Roman.
JM was sacked not for his style of play but for challenging Roman's interferance.

Ooops! Chelsea TV talked of a year's contract.
Where did you see it's not a year contract?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Grant was a stop gap - even the mice running along Fulham Road know this. As for the 'year's contract' - that may simply be to counter the large compensation he's been paying over the years. Even though he's gotten the holy grail, Abramovich is still an impulsive owner and may fire him by December. cheesy

AVB was supposed to be JM's second coming, but some of us saw that was going to end in failure as well. grin

Hahahaha! You sound like Roman's PA.
Conjecture, assumption, maybes maybes.

If Roman will offer 4 years to Managers who have won the CL for others clubs in anticipation that they will win it for Chelsea, why would he give a year's contract to a Manager who has already won it for Chelsea?

That alone, throws all your speculation out of the window.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
nateevs:

Hahahaha! You sound like Roman's PA.
Conjecture, assumption, maybes maybes.

If Roman will offer 4 years to Managers who have won the CL for others clubs in anticipation that they will win it for Chelsea, why would he give a year's contract to a Manager who has already won it for Chelsea?

he has already won the champions league for chelsea. Thus, that is no longer chelsea's goal. The goal is to develop a young squad now. I think i'll like to see what he can do in 1year, that's if he is not thrown out by january.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
nateevs:

Because he cannot continue paying £20m+ on compensation each time he fires a coach with FFP kicking in. Did you fail to comprehend this when I said it previously? Unlike amortisation of player contract costs over the term of the deal, you cannot amortise the cost of sacking a manager.

It throws nothing anywhere - Abramovich wanted the CL above all and it is clear for all to see. Ex-managers like Grant confirmed his inability to win it as the reason he was fired, yet Lateefu will come here and start speaking megedefegede. I'm not surprised though. . . .that moment of clarity you had earlier is probably the last bit of sense we'll hear from you till the end of the year. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the 'year's contract' - that may simply be to counter the large compensation he's been paying over the years

And this is just the joke of the century. I believe this was said without much thought.

RDM despite the CL win is not yet a high profile manager and his pay will very much reflect that.
To put things in perspective, any other manager offered a year's contract after a CL and FA Cup win will turn off their phones.
RDM, conversely, will jump at the chance and ultimately surrenders the opportunity to demand high wages.

If I put a figure to it, he won't get more than £2.5m - £3m a year.
Are u saying Roman is trying to balance the books on £2.5 - £3m a year wages in case he fires him? Joke?

Or that Roman henceforth, will continue to offer Managers "one year contracts" because of imminent compensation?

Whichever way you look at it, what you said is a joke. Absolute cods-wallop!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
nateevs:

Ooops! Chelsea TV talked of a year's contract.
Where did you see it's not a year contract?

Anyway, even if it's a 1 year contract, it still shows that winning the CL is the only reason he was offered a contract.
Chelsea didn't play beautiful footie under RDM, the only reason he is getting the job is because of his feat.

Roman isn't going to get his 'beautiful footie'.
If that was his sole aim then there is no sense in offering RDM any contract at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
BlueDiva:

Anyway, even if it's a 1 year contract, it still shows that winning the CL is the only reason he was offered a contract.
Chelsea didn't play beautiful footie under RDM, the only reason he is getting the job is because of his feat.

If that was his sole aim then there is no sense in offering RDM any contract at all.

Exactly, Now you are coming to my point.
There's no smoke without fire. All the reports about Roman meeting Pep and lusting after him have elements of truth.

Pep's on a year's leave and stated categorically he won't be walking into another job.
Acting otherwise is a stain on his personality and disrespect to Barcelona.

That's why RDM was offered a year. . . baby sitting till Pep comes out of leave.
No other manager "capable of employment at Chelsea" on earth will take a year's contract. Not one!
RDM will and that's why he took it. And the offer is inspite of the CL not because of it. If you think RDM had the job all along then there's a lot of naivety on here.

Going into the final, Roman must have realised there's an outside chance of winning. If winning it was all there is to him, RDM should have been confirmed Manager the next day. Instead Gourlay said, in the search of a manager "Robbie will be considered" . .

Why will Roman be courting another CL winning manager when we have one who has already won it?
And Debo, for some strange reason, believes that if Pep had been employed, he would have been offered a year's contract too - because Roman can't keep paying £20m in compensation?

How can anyone attempt to build a logical argument of that sort?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
Chelsea will never play like Barca, Pep or no Pep.
The billionaire is just chasing wind.

I don't want Pep because i don't think Pep is a good manager.
I hope he comes over someday so he can prove me right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
BlueDiva: Chelsea will never play like Barca, Pep or no Pep.
The billionaire is just chasing wind.

I don't want Pep because i don't think Pep is a good manager.
I hope he comes over someday so he can prove me right.

It is not about what Pep can and cannot do.
It's about what Roman wants.

And it baffles me that it's taken almost 10 years for you all to have a close understanding of what Roman wants.
No one says he doesn't want trophies, but heck he wants style first.

BlueDiva:

Winning the CL is the only reason he was offered a "one-year contract"?
Who gets a 1-year contract as a reward for delivering the most successful season in the club's history?

Chelsea didn't play beautiful football under RDM, the only reason he is getting the job is because of his feat?
If he is getting the job because of his feat, he should be getting at least a 4 year contract. So why is he getting "a year's contract"?
Has it not occurred to you that maybe the reason he is getting only "a year's contract" is because of the manner he achieved his feat?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^^
Winning the CL is the only reason he was offered a "one-year contract"?
Who gets a 1-year contract as a reward for delivering the most successful season in the club's history?

Chelsea didn't play beautiful football under RDM, the only reason he is getting the job is because of his feat?
If he is getting the job because of his feat, he should be getting at least a 4 year contract. So why is he getting "a year's contract"?
Has it not occurred to you that maybe the reason he is getting only "a year's contract" is because of the manner he achieved his feat?

Realize that this guy is just a rookie.
Giving him the contract is a big favour.

This guy only got the job as a caretaker because no top manager was available/willing to take the job.

I think giving him a one year contract is logical.
If he performs well then he will be given more years.

It doesn't make sense to give a rookie a 4yr contract and then sack him after 6mnths and end up paying huge compensation.
Let's say Roman has learnt from AVB's mistake. Never trust a rookie. cheesy

Anyhow, it shows that Roman appreciates winning and doesn't mind how ugly it is.
If he really hated ugly football, RDM won't stand a chance of going one more year, CL or not.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2012

Realize that this guy is just a rookie.
Giving him the contract is a big favour.

Okay! So you are arguing for me now. That the manner in which he won the CL is unconvincing right?
What's rookie? It flipping flew out of the window as soon as he won the CL. he didn't just do that, he won the FA Cup and made more money for the club than it ever made in history. Pep is still a rookie. (Untested outside Spain. Incapable of plan B) AVB was a rookie. Grant was a rookie. They all got/will get 4 year's contract at Chelsea. . but he (RDM) "won it" and gets a year in reward?

I think giving him a one year contract is logical.
If he performs well then he will be given more years.

I think giving him a year's contract is an insult.

If he performs well? If he performs well? grin grin grin grin grin
He just won the flipping CL and FA Cup. . .

If he performs well? . . Hilarious! What is the definition of performing well then?
The most successful manager in Chelsea's history needs to perform well to get the job. . .

Anyhow, it shows that Roman appreciates winning and doesn't mind how ugly it is.
If he really hated ugly football, RDM won't stand a chance of going one more year, CL or not.

Ah! Now Roman "appreciates" winning. No longer he "prefers" winning to style.
How condescending! The is the greatest trophy in Europe and any manager who wins it, rookie or not, writes their name into history.
Respect is the least they deserve. A year's contract is an insult.

So you think Roman appreciates winning whether ugly or not. So much that he offers a year's contract.
How are you guys brave enough to argue like this?
Is a 3-year contract too much as well?

Suddenly all of you think Roman is tight on cash. If he fires RDM on £2.5m salary over 3 years, he (Roman) will go broke. Or £7.5m will prevent Chelsea from meeting FFP rules?

Someone help me here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nateevs, RDM is a rookie but a lucky one.
For him to get the job when the likes of Benitez and Capello want it shows that he is being rewarded.

Which low profile manager has been given the job of CFC manager in Roman's era?
This should be considered a priviledge and not an insult.

I still think giving him a 1yr is a good move.
That he won the CL doesn't now make him a genius. AVB won in style at Porto but that doesn't change the fact that he is an amateur.

Forget the fact that AVB got 4yrs, that was a mistake.
Roman has learnt his lessons, any untested manager henceforth won't get any long term contract.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
BlueDiva:
Which low profile manager has been giving the job of CFC manager in Roman's era?
This should be considered a priviledge and not an insult.

Ummm. Avam Grant (Though a temp, he was still given the Job)

I kinda have to agree with Nateevs though.

JM was a rookie when he won his first Champions league!
Pep was a rookie when he won his first Champions league!

They still went on to win bigger things! Di Matteo can also follow suit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
dare2think:

Ummm. Avam Grant (Though a temp, he was still given the Job)

I kinda have to agree with Nateevs though.

JM was a rookie when he won his first Champions league!
Pep was a rookie when he won his first Champions league!

They still went on to win bigger things! Di Matteo can also follow suit.

Not talking of a caretaker.
Grant was a caretaker.

We all know RDM was lucky.
It's the luck factor i'm trying to emphasize. A lucky Rookie!

If we won in a manner that was clear cut, then i doubt if we would be talking of a 1 year contract.
Gomes with 14 CL goals was missing clear cut chances, Messi with all his 84 goals couldn't score a penalty against us. . .common!!!

The point is Roman knows RDM was lucky, you can't hope on faith for another 4years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
BlueDiva:

Grant was a caretaker.

If we won in a manner that was clear cut, then i doubt if we would be talking of a 1 year contract.
Gomes with 14 CL goals was missing clear cut chances, Messi with all his 84 goals couldn't score against us. . .common!!!

The point is Roman knows RDM was lucky, you can't hope on faith for another 4years.

lemme bust your bubble!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
Grant was a caretaker.

Gomes with 14 CL goals was missing clear cut chances, Messi with all his 84 goals couldn't score against us. . .common!!!

@Bluediva,
do u know about any team that has won any tournament without been lucky? even as good as barca are or were, they win with lucky and wayo. apart from this season, do u know of any season where barca did not put up a controversial winning to progress? before the beginning of every season, the God of heaven has designed the beginning and ending of the season. apart football, everything u do in life, u need luck to succeed. is Bill Gate the most industrious man on earth? does Roman put more efforts than most of us here? landing the job of coaching a big team is luck because some coaches at all these small clubs are better than these so-called top class coaches. if avb was not sack, how will RDM get the chance to even prove that he knows how to lift trophies?
in life, no matter how intelligent u are, pray for favour and as soon as you have that favour other things will be jare.
come did u read about david and golliath?
RDM won trophies and broke records yes and left alone, i will give him 50 yrs contract but let us agree to the fact that he who pays the piper dictates the tones. Roman may be thinking about other issues and don't forget, football is his fun unlike in arsenal where football is some ppl's means of survival. roman makes his money in other areas of his business and then cool off on footie.
before i forget, i just wake up this morning and started feeling that it was all a dream that my chelsea won the fa cup and champions league. please can someone tell me that i am not dreaming.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
@coogar,
Does that stuupid stats take into consideration things like pressure or caliber of games played?
RDM is a better manager than AVB. Simple.

I love RDM as a manager and as a person but i'm honest enough to admit that he is a very lucky man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
BlueDiva: @coogar,
Does that stuupid stats take into consideration things like pressure or caliber of games played?

I love RDM as a manager and as a person but i'm honest enough to admit that he is a very lucky man.

what do you mean by calibre of games?
every game in the premier league is 3 points....
di matteo lost to newcastle at home, villas-boas beat man city
on the same ground. so what do you mean by high-calibre?

i have just given you their stats...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
@coogar,

@Bluediva,
forget that ferguson's agent and tell me what i asked of u. do u know any coach that won any trophy without luck? what do u think about these terms; GAME PLAN(S)?
a good coach is that one that knows when to defend and when to attack.
if roman is delaying his appointment, i am not surprised because this is a man with a lot of money to spend unlike in arsenal where u buy day old chicks to grow, he buys tested and trusted materials. he has the money and can afford the best things in the game. what makes u a big club is not raising kid players but the types of quality players u bring to the game. i want to back this up with such names as; zidane - madrid, ronaldo - madrid, ronaldinho - barca, messi - barca, drogba, terry, lampard and other current championship materials - chelsea, rooney,van dar sal,giggs, cantona - man u, henry,viera, kanu, ray parlour - old arsenal, buffon- juv, ibrahimovic - ac and on and on.
if chelsea that won napoli, beat barca on one and draw on away, and then beat buyern on their home soil on penalties are lucky, what will u call man city that won on goal difference with the last minute goal?
how will anyone coach ever think of playing betrand who has never played in champions league all his life in a final game? uncle, he had a game plan that worked for him and he won the league without controversy like barca.
were u expecting chelsea to beat buyern the way barca beat man u at wembley? na waa for u.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
Okay I see the whole thing is wandering into territories unbound.
The topic remains:- "On the back on RDM's one-year contract offer, does it prove that Roman prefers result over style or style over result?

That's the question.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
debosky: The title wasteman has been eternally reserved for Arjen Robben - he wasted dozens more (and better) chances than Torres did. In fact, the urban dictionary is going to use his ugly balding mug beside the definition of wasteman. cheesy

Now lets get to picking them one by one and not make random statements

How many chances did Robben miss when he was facing the keeper and how many did Torres miss.

Now lets start counting the dozen

75 min Torres! Oh, he's messed it up! Busquets wins the ball from Giovinco and slides it through for Torres. And Torres is clean through! It's practically his first touch, and Buffon has charged out of his goal to meet him! Torres tries to take the ball outside Buffon on his right, Buffon reads his intentions and block tackles him, and the ball dribbles out for a throw! Oh no, Fernando. Oh, no. Somewhere in an apartment in Lisbon, Andre Villas Boas is gesticulating at his television, shouting: "Didn't I warn you?" cheesy grin

83 min Torres! Oh, Torres! cheesy cheesy grin

85 min TORRES ALMOST BURIES A SUBLIME CHIP OVER BUFFON! It's just not happening for Torres, is it? A minute earlier, he got a yellow card for raising the arm against De Rossi as they both jumped for a lofted ball. The next moment, he's in the clear again, decides to skip outside the challenge of De Rossi and tries to dink it over Buffon's outstretched arm. There are people on their feet in the office... but the ball skims the roof of the net with Buffon stranded. Navas was on his outside as well, begging for the ball.

90+3 min Torres tries to play it through for Iniesta, only for De Rossi to intercept. [size=18pt]If I were marking Torres on his performance tonight, I'd give him a five. Out of 100.[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_ETcEZUASheo/S7bkZewgmZI/AAAAAAAABBY/Uw9Nvc4UQAU/s1600/the-laugh-echo-in-practice.jpg[/img]

WITHIN 10 mins of play Torres wasted how many chances?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
coogar:

lemme bust your bubble!

What a mor0nic stats. When it was obvious RdM turned off the from the league with like 3 matches to go and concentrated on cup competitions and was playing reserve players

BTW RdM won 2 cups in 3 months, How many did AVB win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
dayokanu:

What a mor0nic stats. When it was obvious RdM turned off the from the league with like 3 matches to go and concentrated on cup competitions and was playing reserve players

BTW RdM won 2 cups in 3 months, How many did AVB win

you're very stupid....
had schweini converted his kick, chelsea would have missed
playing in the champions league....turned off from the league
my white butt-cheek!

roberto di matteo roofed the building villas-boas started from foundation.
if villas-boas didn't qualify from his group in the champs league, what
would di matteo have won? if villas-boas didn't win the early rounds of the
fa cup, what would di matteo have won?

dayokanu...you are by far the most retarded twit on these pages!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
you're very stupid....
my white butt-cheek!

@coogar,
look at u calling someone stupid. the season is over and you are here using the word, WOULD HAVE. how does that fit into discussions and argument? man u would have won the champions league. man u would have won the world cup. u make such statements and still call another stupid. a coach gave up some unimportant games to win two trophies and u are here saying would have. which foundation did avb start in chelsea? foundation of relegation abi? it is important that ur friend moderator open a new section for ppl with mental issues here.
that was why i said earlier on that man u are soar looser but no one understood it. why are u insulting ppl who defeat u on points? is it part of the noisy neighbours issues?
abeg go and sort urself out and start gathering information on soccer instead of insults.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
coogar:

you're very stupid....
my white butt-cheek!

If Schweini converted his kick, If Messi converted his kick, If benfica scored one of their chances, If Cole didnt have numerous blocks, If Drogba didnt beat Boateng to the header.

We can continue the game of ifs, If my grandma had balls she would have been my granddad. cheesy

The fact was Di matteo calculated on what he needed to do and he did it and wonthe holy grail.

If it was Mourinho or hindick that took over chelsea in March and achieved what Di matteo did, He would have been named the best ever since.

Hindick thats reverred by all Chelsea fans what did he do better than Di matteo after taking over from Scolari. RdM won the freeaking CL!!!! Some coaches havent won it in their lifetime.

What foundation did AvB give to RdM? A draw vs Birmingham in FA cup? which Di matteo went on to win. a 3-1 trailing vs Napoli? which Di Matteo turned around? How many teams in the CL recent history have turned a 2 goal deficit to win the game?

What was the lineup Chelsea used for the last 3 games of the league you trogolyte.

Di matteo never lost a game in the CL. Despite playing giants like Barca, bayern, Benfica and Napoli
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
dayokanu:
If Schweini converted his kick, If Messi converted his kick, If benfica scored one of their chances, If Cole didnt have numerous blocks, If Drogba didnt beat Boateng to the header. We can continue the game of ifs, If my grandma had balls she would have been my granddad.
The fact is Di matteo calculated on what he needed to do and he did it and wonthe holy grail.

no, he did not....a manager turning his nose off the premier league
should have walked the champions league without needing to play 10-0-0
to win it. yet, di matteo needed some back to the wall defending to win it.
in spite of his concentration on only one competition, he was a whisker away from
losing it.....that to me isn't calculation.

If it was Mourinho or hindick that took over chelsea in March and achieved what Di matteo did, He would have been named the best ever since.

how so?
mourinho hates living on someone else's achievements.
i am sure he would have dedicated the victory to villas-boas who
allowed them to get there in the first place....the competition
was joint-won. for fuck's sake....city and man utd crashed out
of europe, villas-boas qualified and you want us to rubbish his achievement?
you're a saphead!

What foundation did AvB give to RdM? A draw vs Birmingham in FA cup? which Di matteo went on to win. a 3-1 trailing vs Napoli? which Di Matteo turned around? How many teams in the CL recent history have turned a 2 goal deficit to win the game?

he qualified from his group in europe....that is not a foundation?
have you traded your intelligence for a plate of pot-noodles.

What was the lineup Chelsea used for the last 3 games of the league you trogolyte.

how's that ma business?

Di matteo never lost a game in the CL. Despite playing giants like Barca, bayern, Benfica and Napoli

yet he lost against newcastle at the bridge playing the strongest team possible!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
coogar: no, he did not....a manager turning his nose off the premier league
should have walked the champions league without needing to play 10-0-0
to win it. yet, di matteo needed some back to the wall defending to win it.
in spite of his concentration on only one competition, he was a whisker away from
losing it.....that to me isn't calculation.

When Mourinho won with Inter Milan what formation did he play? That was Di matteos method of winning and as at last check its a legal means.

Let UEFA take it away from Chelsea cos they playd 79-0-0 tactics

coogar: how so?
mourinho hates living on someone else's achievements.
i am sure he would have dedicated the victory to villas-boas who
allowed them to get there in the first place....the competition
was joint-won. for fuck's sake....city and man utd crashed out
of europe, villas-boas qualified and you want us to rubbish his achievement?
you're a saphead!he qualified from his group in europe....that is not a foundation?
have you traded your intelligence for a plate of pot-noodles.

You bumbling oaf, AvB left a team trailing 1-3 in the tie, I ask how many coaches have been able to turn around a 2 goal deficit in the CL knockout stages. The skull content should be used by the missus as mentrual pads cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
dayokanu:
When Mourinho won with Inter Milan what formation did he play? That was Di matteos method of winning and as at last check its a legal means.
Let UEFA take it away from Chelsea cos they playd 79-0-0 tactics

mourinho's team scored 2 unreplied goals in the final....they didn't
have to do back to the wall defending hoping for a penalty...jose's team
also beat barcelona 3-1 @ san siro in the semis...you must be an idiot.

You bumbling oaf, AvB left a team trailing 1-3 in the tie, I ask how many coaches have been able to turn around a 2 goal deficit in the CL knockout stages. The skull content should be used by the missus as mentrual pads cheesy

obdurate wanker!
you let yourself down on these pages spewing balderdash.
1-3 trailing in a tie away from home is recoverable...arsenal nearly
did against ac milan. they reduced a 4 goal deficit to 1. so what's there
to have a party about? when intelligence was being distributed, you were on a sick
leave!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
coogar:

mourinho's team scored 2 unreplied goals in the final....they didn't
have to do back to the wall defending hoping for a penalty...jose's team
also beat barcelona 3-1 @ san siro in the semis...you must be an idiot.

Jose Mourinho lost to Barca, Di matteo didn't lose to Barca huge diff.

Di Matteo won the trophy whle bayern was playing on their home turf in front of their own fans, Inter Milan didn't

Di matteo played 6 CL games won 4 drew 2 at some of the most difficult stadiums in Europe.

coogar: obdurate self-servicer!
you let yourself down on these pages spewing balderdash.
1-3 trailing in a tie away from home is recoverable...arsenal nearly
did against ac milan. they reduced a 4 goal deficit to 1. so what's there
to have a party about? when intelligence was being distributed, you were on a sick
leave!

See this trogolyte yarns opaks like its going out of fashion. Arsenal Nearly, If Schweini? what is that nonsense? Are we at Bodija pepper market or whats with all these market women and baba Ijebu stakers yarns? If they sold Pepper for me at 20Naira, I would have made more profit?

How many teams turn around a 2 goal deficit in CL knockout and progress. How often is this done. AVB gave Di Matteo a near hopeless situation and Di Matteo turned it around winning a double including the CL trophy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
nateevs: Fernando just made me shake my head. grin grin
I bet someone up there is probably thinking "Alright that's it . . we cut our losses"

I still have to continue to believe. £50m investment is not small money. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RevFrEbuka(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.